Prostitution

AuthorMessage
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
August 26th, 2006 at 02:18pm
Raise awarness of the issue, make people see that 21st century slave Trade still exists, write letters to political represenatives for your area (and 1 letter won't work, it helps if you have alot of people writting alot, the person you want to read it might not, but someone will). Just make people know it's there, if it becomes a concern of the people, the government will address it eventually.

you believe that the government will fix everything? since when have they ever actually done anything that needs doing? people call for change, but they ignore us and do things that upset people.
Fashion Zombies!
Jackass
Fashion Zombies!

Mibba Blog
September 6th, 2006 at 08:31am
Everyone looks down on prostitutes like they're scum of the earth. What if it's the only job they can get because they dropped out of school? What if it's pimps that forced them too? What if it's students in college that need to pay their fees. Yes it's wrong what they're doing and they shouldn't sell their bodies but you can't really look down on them. They have a job just like everyone else. And it stops a lot of rape cases. But I still think it's wrong...
Matty.
King For A Couple Of Days
Matty.
September 7th, 2006 at 12:10am
When Hayley Comes Around:
Everyone looks down on prostitutes like they're scum of the earth. What if it's the only job they can get because they dropped out of school? What if it's pimps that forced them too? What if it's students in college that need to pay their fees. Yes it's wrong what they're doing and they shouldn't sell their bodies but you can't really look down on them. They have a job just like everyone else. And it stops a lot of rape cases. But I still think it's wrong...

1. It's illigal
2. Don't drop out of school
3. Pimps are scum of the earth, and prostitutes arent far behind
4. How does it stop rape?
5. If your doing it to pay for college then you dont deserve to be there
-Misery-
Geek
-Misery-
September 7th, 2006 at 03:23am
some 12 year old was selling herself for drugs.
stupid girl deserves to get run over.
Matty.
Matty.
September 7th, 2006 at 07:01am
-Misery-:

Five: I agree
B L U E.™
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
B L U E.™
September 7th, 2006 at 11:21am
People have to make a living though. Ok, prostituition is obviously not the best way, but it is a way. You gotta live some how.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 7th, 2006 at 06:03pm
Hashimoto:
-Misery-:

I think you're both acting judgemental and acting pretty cruel.
-Misery-
Geek
-Misery-
September 8th, 2006 at 03:08am
B L U E.™:
People have to make a living though. Ok, prostituition is obviously not the best way, but it is a way. You gotta live some how.

making a living to buy drugs? no offence but that's NOT making a "living."
-Misery-
Geek
-Misery-
September 8th, 2006 at 03:10am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Hashimoto:
-Misery-:

she was doing it to buy drugs and she's 12, she should wait till she grows up and then decides.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
September 8th, 2006 at 05:08am
-Misery-:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Hashimoto:
-Misery-:

she was doing it to buy drugs and she's 12, she should wait till she grows up and then decides.

What if she cant? She's 12. What other way does she have to get money? I'm not saying its right, I'm just saying that there are people in situations that you have never been in, so don't judge them, because you are obviously not understanding their situation. Be a bit more empathatic.

So she's 12. She's too young to get a job. Yeah, she probably steals. Her parents? They could be drug addicts. Or alcoholics, or both. Her neighbour hood? Run down, poor, kids are turning to drugs, the adults are drug addicts. The government doesn't care, because if they show this area of the state, it makes them look bad.

Peer pressure would have something to do with the drugs as well. It could have been the world she has aways known. Her sister could be a drug addict. Getting high and drunk every day. She could be a prostitute as well, influencing the girl.

Maybe think about the possible situations before you say something like you did. And be a bit more empathatic and open minded.

I'm not saying that everything I said was true, I'm just saying that it could be a situation.
Ryan Ross.
Basket Case
Ryan Ross.
September 8th, 2006 at 06:42am
i think you're totally right coff.

i've heard lots of things about the Tsunami victims. the people of my country [belgium] weren't allowed to adopt any children of the victim area, because they were affraid that most of the children would come over here and go into prostitution. they didn't want that to happen but other countries say that we wouldn't help the victims, but yeah, i think they got a point bout the prostitution think..
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
September 8th, 2006 at 08:33am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Hashimoto:
-Misery-:

i agree. you can't strut in here and make a judgement based on no knowledge whatsoever about this girl's background. it's ignorant.
kinda what Coff just wrote, but shorter
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 8th, 2006 at 05:37pm
The Fact that shes 12 years old, that young, is sad that she feels the need to resort to ways like that. What do you think makes her do things like that? First off, shes 12 and on drugs, thats bad enough. Then she has people degrading her much like you did, calling her stupid and saying she deserves to die, no offense to you in anyway, but that was an idiotic statement to make. Maybe you were just trying to say you disapproved of prostitution, I do as well, but that was a bad way to phrase it. If you had any compasion at all, or wanted to make her situation, or the situation of girls like her's better, you would acknowledge the fact that prostitution is a problem. The Girl isnt of legal age, shes being raped every time she does that, and you think others taking advantage of her makes her the one who deserves to die? I think you should rethink what you said...
-Misery-
Geek
-Misery-
September 8th, 2006 at 06:04pm
she was only selling herself for drugs and out neighbour hoods around here aren't that bad.
i don't have anything aginainst prostitues but the ones that are 12 i do. if she has problems send her to a bloody councellor like everyone else with problems. i'm 18 and have no money, clothes or anything and i'm not gonna do that.
also getting high and drunk is the norm around here.. EVERYONE gets high. maybe the the 12 year should get a brain (obviously it's a bit late now) and sort her problems out properly like everyone else.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 8th, 2006 at 09:40pm
-Misery-:
she was only selling herself for drugs and out neighbour hoods around here aren't that bad.
i don't have anything aginainst prostitues but the ones that are 12 i do. if she has problems send her to a bloody councellor like everyone else with problems. i'm 18 and have no money, clothes or anything and i'm not gonna do that.
also getting high and drunk is the norm around here.. EVERYONE gets high. maybe the the 12 year should get a brain (obviously it's a bit late now) and sort her problems out properly like everyone else.

Maybe you should be the one who needs to "sort out" problems. Shes 12 years old. a Child, she shouldnt need to have to deal with those issues alone. IF she is that young and that dependant on drugs, she doesnt need you telling her shes an idiot, she needs help. Do you think Drug addictions just break over night? If you do, you're extremely wrong. Shes 12, it isnt legal for her to even have sex yet. Shes being raped Daily, and you're saying that she needs to get a brain, Call me crazy, but I think people who try and push this off on her are the brainless ones.
-Misery-
Geek
-Misery-
September 8th, 2006 at 10:04pm
and you said you were against prostitutes?
make up your damn mind.
and you're telling me to fucking sort out problems. you do't even fucking know me.
if she had issues which she obviously did she should have gotten help by standing on streets.
around here also, a 12 year wouldn't be a professional hooker would she? she'll be a brainless one, yes BRAINLESS doing it for another reason, but yeah you moron says i have no brain for thinking it's wrong for a 12 year old to do that.
SHE DOES NEED TO SORT OUT HER PROBLEMS LIKE EVERY OTHER PERSON or should i say CHILD.
-Misery-
Geek
-Misery-
September 8th, 2006 at 10:05pm
Hashimoto:
-Misery-:

Very Happy
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 8th, 2006 at 10:29pm
-Misery-:
make up your damn mind.
and you're telling me to fucking sort out problems. you do't even fucking know me.
if she had issues which she obviously did she should have gotten help by standing on streets.
around here also, a 12 year wouldn't be a professional hooker would she? she'll be a brainless one, yes BRAINLESS doing it for another reason, but yeah you moron says i have no brain for thinking it's wrong for a 12 year old to do that.
SHE DOES NEED TO SORT OUT HER PROBLEMS LIKE EVERY OTHER PERSON or should i say CHILD.

I think you should actually attempt to comprehend what Im saying before jumping to irrational conclusions. Had you actually read what I typed, you would have seen that I was against prostitution. I am not saying what she is doing is right, but I certainly don't judge her for it or think its her fault that she has resorted to that. You seem to like to ignore the fact that she is a CHILD. Having sex with a Minor is RAPE. She should not be punished for the faults of others. Shes 12 years old, she needs to go to therapy and possibly Rehab if she is that dependant on drugs, but you're acting as if she is an adult, when she isnt. Shes 12, not 21.

I never said what she was doing was right (thanks, once again, for attempting to put words in my mouth. I assure you it wont work). What I said was you were WRONG(not brainless...) for insulting her and saying she "deserves to get run over". She deserves help, and someone supporting her telling she doesnt have to do this, not "you stupid girl, go die" Aside from being possibly one of the most ignorant statments someone could make, what does that accomplish? Absolutely nothing.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
September 10th, 2006 at 03:36am
-Misery-:
make up your damn mind.

^^^^^ don't swear at her for that, that's exactly what YOU oh so eloquently suggested for the 12 yr old girl to do, and you and her aren't exactly tight Rolling Eyes

>_<
I so badly want to tell you to shut the hell up, but you’re entitled to your opinion so I can’t. However nothing’s gonna stop me from telling you what an ignorant twat you are. What the hell makes you think you have the right coming here and saying she should be ‘run over’? If you know this girl’s life story and everything that she’s been through, please, do tell so you can justify yourself. Otherwise TRY not to make yourself look like such an idiot.

You say drug addictions and alcoholism is common where you are. If this girl, a mere child at 12 is growing up in such an environment she could easily have been exposed to drugs. Who’s to say she chose it? Drug dealers aren’t exactly known for their honesty. I mean, take a look at the Schapelle Corby case. The general public agrees that her sentencing was too tough for just drug trafficking. Yet not everyone has a good understanding of what life is even like in Indonesia. An overwhelming number of the population are addicts, that’s why there’s a need for such harsh laws enforced. Sometimes drug dealers surreptitiously trick young and naïve people into taking stuff they might not be aware of, and once they’re hooked it’s hard to go back, and from then on they become depend on cash to get their next fix.

You might not understand how such a thing could happen, you might think they’re stupid for falling for it, but you’re not the one in their shoes, suffering because of it. I’m not even saying this is the situation she’s in; she could very well have taken the drugs with full knowledge of what it was. The thing is, WE DON’T KNOW THAT. But here you are talking like you know jack all about her when apparently you haven’t considered all the possibilities that could have led this girl to where she is today. I’m pretty confident that nobody here thinks prostitution is right, or drug addictions. But you're obviously blessed enough to have a roof over your head and a chair to sit your judgmental ass on in front of a computer, you obviously do okay, or have someone who cares about you enough to provide for you. You're not the one who's young and desperate and has nobody stopping you from selling yourself to live a sad existence, so how about just a LITTLE compassion, or is that too much to ask for?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 10th, 2006 at 09:52am
You Guys, -Misery- was banned for her harsh comments and hateful posts, so there is no need to even reply to her really. I hope none of the people she was harassing took her seriously, but know that she did not go unpunished and idiotic things like that will not be allowed. Please don't insult her back though, that just brings you both to her level.
Register