AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 12th, 2007 at 07:51pm
druscilla; callmedru:
Vanity:
You'd REALLY be willing to just drop whatever job you have now to go and most likely get beaten, killed, or infected with a deadly disease for a million dollars?

That's why I think prostitution should be legal.
Then there would have to be a health code and pimps wouldn't be necessary anymore.

Do you think legalizing it would just make all the pimps go away? I have to disagree because pimps aren't necessary now, but they are still there. Putting codes and regulations to make things better is an overly idealistic solution and it won't work. It isn't legal now, it isn't suppose to happen at all, but it still does. Girls are still being sold into 21st century slavery and forced to sell themselves. I honestly couldn't care any less about the girls who do this by choice, if something happens to them because they chose to become involved in this industry they get what they deserve. Im concerned about the girls who think they have no other options to take care of their kids, they have other options, they just can't see them. Im concerned about the girls who are basically human slaves. Legalizing prostitution will only make their situations worse and they are the ones who need help.
Vanity
King For A Couple Of Days
Vanity
March 13th, 2007 at 12:58am
missand:
just to let you know it aint allways prostitutes who carry STI's it can be the punter just as much. so dont blame just one group

You talking to me?

Oh no, don't get me wrong. I'm not blaming JUST the prostitutes. That'd be like saying it's only homosexuals who spread AIDS....I'm not that closed minded or stupid enough to believe something that outrageous. I know that almost everyone has the potential to spread diseases. I contracted a severe STD from my current boyfriend. And he's not a prostitute.
So don't misunderstand me, I know it's not one group. It can be anyone.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
March 13th, 2007 at 06:25am
Kurtni:
druscilla; callmedru:
Vanity:
You'd REALLY be willing to just drop whatever job you have now to go and most likely get beaten, killed, or infected with a deadly disease for a million dollars?

Then there would have to be a health code and pimps wouldn't be necessary anymore.

Do you think legalizing it would just make all the pimps go away? I have to disagree because pimps aren't necessary now, but they are still there. Putting codes and regulations to make things better is an overly idealistic solution and it won't work. It isn't legal now, it isn't suppose to happen at all, but it still does. Girls are still being sold into 21st century slavery and forced to sell themselves. I honestly couldn't care any less about the girls who do this by choice, if something happens to them because they chose to become involved in this industry they get what they deserve. Im concerned about the girls who think they have no other options to take care of their kids, they have other options, they just can't see them. Im concerned about the girls who are basically human slaves. Legalizing prostitution will only make their situations worse and they are the ones who need help.
I saw a documentary on that. It was pretty terrible, to tell you the truth.

But it seems to me that no matter whether it's legal or not, prostitution is always going to be around, and be a very successful business. Rolling Eyes
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
March 13th, 2007 at 03:45pm
WeFoundTheDuck:
Kurtni:
druscilla; callmedru:
Vanity:

I saw a documentary on that. It was pretty terrible, to tell you the truth.

But it seems to me that no matter whether it's legal or not, prostitution is always going to be around, and be a very successful business. Rolling Eyes
no shit, it was the very first profession on Earth....so yeah, ain't going away soon
Zoie
Falling In Love With The Board
Zoie
March 13th, 2007 at 05:03pm
If it's gonna be legal at all, prostitutes should be registered and checked for STD's often enough, so at least there some kind of protection there..unless that's what you're talking about. I don't really know.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
March 14th, 2007 at 02:27am
Zoie:
If it's gonna be legal at all, prostitutes should be registered and checked for STD's often enough, so at least there some kind of protection there..unless that's what you're talking about. I don't really know.

Here in New Zealand I think, I think, that's how the system works. Because here in NZ it's legal. And frankly I'm glad - the sex industry will flourish whether it's legal or not. It's a profession that was present in the Roman Empire, the Renaissance period, all the way till now. I'm not saying the situation is perfect now, but at least some action has been taken to protect both the prostitute and the client. Any prostitute who doesn't sign up for regular health checks is just plain stupid.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
March 14th, 2007 at 02:31am
And the most hilarious thing yet is something I heard in Law class. A class was given the issue of the legalization of prostitution to research and debate, and some guy came back to argue for it with the argument that prostitution is in fact a very natural thing, and occurs in the animal kingdom too. Apparently, female squirrels (or chipmunks, the teacher wasn't sure when she retold it) accept nuts or whatever it is they eat as trade for a healthy boink fest with males.

Cool If you've got the goods, might as well benefit from them
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
March 14th, 2007 at 02:38am
^Please explain that last statement
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
March 14th, 2007 at 02:41am
Opheliac_666:
^Please explain that last statement
"If you've got the goods, might as well benefit from them"
This?
The squirrels/chipmunks thing *shrugs*
Vanity
Vanity
March 14th, 2007 at 02:46am
Pretty Like Drugs:
And the most hilarious thing yet is something I heard in Law class. A class was given the issue of the legalization of prostitution to research and debate, and some guy came back to argue for it with the argument that prostitution is in fact a very natural thing, and occurs in the animal kingdom too. Apparently, female squirrels (or chipmunks, the teacher wasn't sure when she retold it) accept nuts or whatever it is they eat as trade for a healthy boink fest with males.

Cool If you've got the goods, might as well benefit from them

I'm not sure about squirrels or chipmunks, but has been documented with bonobos and penguins. Cept they get fruits, other foods, or pebbles in return for the 'boink fest'.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
March 14th, 2007 at 02:48am
Yeah, I didn't personally do the research, but when I heard about it I thought it was a pretty interesting argument. Who can argue with nature?
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
March 15th, 2007 at 03:19am
Kurtni:
If its made legal, all the things trying to prevent it will disappear. It is a terrible, awful path to go down. Sex is suppose to happen because you want it too, not becasue you will starve and have no electricity without it. By legalizing it, it would be just like any other carrer. If it was, the Government would have no issues with it, they couldnt, so programs to help people out in situations like that would disappear. Not only do poverty stricken people travel this path, people with emotional stress, they think they are worth nothing, and they dont deserve any better, so why not try to be useful some way. Anyone who resorts to this is seriously wrong and in need of help, we shouldnt tell them, well your already so fucked up, we cant help you, might as well make what your doing legal.

Alot of people are prostitutes for money, but thats so sad and down right depressing. The goverment should actually try to help these people, set up more charities, soup kitches, ect. Legalizing it isnt going to solve anything.

I don't know if there's some rule against bringing back oooold posts to argue, but anyways, a thought occurred to me reading that.

Do you know for a fact that prostitutes see it as self-degrading? That they truly believe they're worthless people who can't do any better than selling their own body? Because personally, I think sex can be a powerful thing. To wield the power to drive a man to his knees with pleasure... it's not something just any old person can go out and do. I mean, you're exposing yourself day after day to strangers. Doesn't it seem to you like it takes a certain amount of self-confidence? You KNOW you've got the body, the skills, the freakish flexibility etc. I'm not saying every prostitute out there looks in the mirror every morning and goes, "Right. I'm a hot momma. Think I'll let men grope me and shag me and then make them pay through the nose." But, you know, it's a concept that came to me and I don't dismiss it entirely. Just a thought. Please don't think I like to dominate men *shudder*

You also said, "Anyone who resorts to this is seriously wrong and in need of help", and "Alot of people are prostitutes for money, but thats so sad and down right depressing." Why? Because according to your morals and standards, it's an awful profession? Lucky you then, it seems you have the sense to not make such ridiculous choices. However please don't just assume anyone who picks this job is 'in in need of help', just because you disagree with it doesn't mean they're not right in the head. Perhaps they don't want the government's charity. Dirty profession or not, they are making their own money, and there could be a certain amount of pride involved. You say they are capable of getting other jobs, and therefore they should. Should they really? It's their life. I don't see why they should because you, and countless like you, think they're better off for it. I've noticed in other discussion threads you seem very much for the freedom of expression, freedom of choice, belief, etc. "Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they can't do it." This came from the Prejudice Against Christians thread. And you were terribly against the Madrid banning of skinny models, because you believed in a designer's right to pick their own models. That's a situation with plenty of disadvantages (like eating disorders), just like this one (like spreading of STDs). Why can't you support their freedom of choice in this case?

I know you have also brought up the issue of women sold and forced into this profession. I won't argue against you on that count, I don't know a lot about that issue.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
March 15th, 2007 at 04:02am
Oh, crap. I hope I didn't violate Rule 5 in that last post. Sorry if I did ^^^
I just want to know why your arguments aren't consistent
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
March 15th, 2007 at 08:14pm
Pretty Like Drugs:
Kurtni:
If its made legal, all the things trying to prevent it will disappear. It is a terrible, awful path to go down. Sex is suppose to happen because you want it too, not becasue you will starve and have no electricity without it. By legalizing it, it would be just like any other carrer. If it was, the Government would have no issues with it, they couldnt, so programs to help people out in situations like that would disappear. Not only do poverty stricken people travel this path, people with emotional stress, they think they are worth nothing, and they dont deserve any better, so why not try to be useful some way. Anyone who resorts to this is seriously wrong and in need of help, we shouldnt tell them, well your already so fucked up, we cant help you, might as well make what your doing legal.

Alot of people are prostitutes for money, but thats so sad and down right depressing. The goverment should actually try to help these people, set up more charities, soup kitches, ect. Legalizing it isnt going to solve anything.

I don't know if there's some rule against bringing back oooold posts to argue, but anyways, a thought occurred to me reading that.

Do you know for a fact that prostitutes see it as self-degrading? That they truly believe they're worthless people who can't do any better than selling their own body? Because personally, I think sex can be a powerful thing. To wield the power to drive a man to his knees with pleasure... it's not something just any old person can go out and do. I mean, you're exposing yourself day after day to strangers. Doesn't it seem to you like it takes a certain amount of self-confidence? You KNOW you've got the body, the skills, the freakish flexibility etc. I'm not saying every prostitute out there looks in the mirror every morning and goes, "Right. I'm a hot momma. Think I'll let men grope me and shag me and then make them pay through the nose." But, you know, it's a concept that came to me and I don't dismiss it entirely. Just a thought. Please don't think I like to dominate men *shudder*

You also said, "Anyone who resorts to this is seriously wrong and in need of help", and "Alot of people are prostitutes for money, but thats so sad and down right depressing." Why? Because according to your morals and standards, it's an awful profession? Lucky you then, it seems you have the sense to not make such ridiculous choices. However please don't just assume anyone who picks this job is 'in in need of help', just because you disagree with it doesn't mean they're not right in the head. Perhaps they don't want the government's charity. Dirty profession or not, they are making their own money, and there could be a certain amount of pride involved. You say they are capable of getting other jobs, and therefore they should. Should they really? It's their life. I don't see why they should because you, and countless like you, think they're better off for it. I've noticed in other discussion threads you seem very much for the freedom of expression, freedom of choice, belief, etc. "Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they can't do it." This came from the Prejudice Against Christians thread. And you were terribly against the Madrid banning of skinny models, because you believed in a designer's right to pick their own models. That's a situation with plenty of disadvantages (like eating disorders), just like this one (like spreading of STDs). Why can't you support their freedom of choice in this case?

I know you have also brought up the issue of women sold and forced into this profession. I won't argue against you on that count, I don't know a lot about that issue.

Not really, anyone would have self esteem standing on a corner like that knowing that people are watching them, thinking if they wanna fuck them or not.
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
March 15th, 2007 at 08:15pm
Opheliac_666:
Pretty Like Drugs:
Kurtni:

Not really, anyone would have self esteem standing on a corner like that knowing that people are watching them, thinking if they wanna fuck them or not. In everyday life, facing the norm, they probabaly won't but when they're doing there job anybody would.
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
March 15th, 2007 at 08:15pm
[quote="Opheliac_666"][quote="Opheliac_666"]
Pretty Like Drugs:
Kurtni:

Not really, anyone would have self esteem standing on a corner like that knowing that people are watching them, thinking if they wanna fuck them or not. In everyday life, facing the norm, they probabaly won't but when they're doing there job anybody would.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
March 16th, 2007 at 03:50am
Opheliac_666:
I'm incredibly tired and I can't make heads or tails of that. But I shall try anyway.
So what you're saying is, in a normal situation, say, a hot girl is strolling down the street, fluffy her hair and just preening herself in general, and if she's getting whistles and stuff from lots of guys, she'd feel confident and encouraged, rather than degraded.
Yet a prostitute would feel degraded, because to them it's just a job?
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
March 16th, 2007 at 03:55am
Uhh no, because most guys don't find prostitues hot and an average girl walking down the street isn't about to fuck all those random guys.

I know i'm saying. Ok if i'm sitting on a computer and I suddenly walk down the street getting a few whistles that doesn't matter but if i stand on a street corner getting ready to sell myself for money i'm gonna like that and try to attract as many men as I can.
People don't do that walking down the street normally.
You have to go into a different persona and it's not that hard.

I just think that statement you said up there was fucked up.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
March 16th, 2007 at 04:03am
Well, I never did say the girl walking down the street would fuck random guys who check her out, but that if she's getting good responses about her image it'd boost her self-esteem.
And you'd be surprised how many girls I know walk around thinking they're god's gift to men. Just because you don't think people normally do that walking down the street doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
I have a weird way of thinking things. I like to think that maybe it'll help me be less narrow-minded. But you have put things into perspective for me.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 16th, 2007 at 06:26am
I think the ones doing it for like, $50 on a street corner would have a low self esteem. But the ones at the really expensive places where they're made up to look really nice and drive the customers wild, they've got expensive clothes, they've been groomed, they might not have low self esteem.
Register