Prostitution

AuthorMessage
Trelovescookies
Idiot
Trelovescookies

Blog
September 27th, 2006 at 08:19am
I don't necessarily think that prostitution is right, but it is a way of life.

Most prostitutes hate it, and the only reason they do it is for the money, maybe to help pay pills/debts/care for family. And so you may think that after a while they will have enough money to stop practising it. But the problem is, is that when doing prostitution they encounter other things like drink and drugs and so they keep doing prostitution to fuel those fires.

I think think that prostitutes have it bad when you compare them to tarts and such. Tarts enjoy 'putting themselves out there'. Prostitues are honest, they acknowledge that they are doing it for the money and are not out to harm anyone, unlike tarts.

Thats my opinion.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
September 27th, 2006 at 03:26pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
Saiyan:
Coff:
Saiyan:
Bloodraine:
Indeed, but morals don't pay for medicine or food for your six starving children.

##### shouldnt have 6 children if they cant pay for them

Why swear if you're going to hash it out? If you don't want to swear, then shouldn't you just not swear at all?

Yeah, but some people are really messed up, they are sleezy, and have kids, and then realise they cant pay for them. I guess a lot of people don't realise what having a kid involves. I would love to have a kid cause I love kids, but I love kids on a shurt term basis, after a while they get annoying and I don't want them to annoy me anymore. These people would probably feel the same way.

I'm questioning if Brittany Spears realises what having a kid involves..

Then why feel sorry for them and justify what they are doing (not you personally but some poeple on this topic), they are sleeze and dont deserve kids

how dare you say they dont deserve children, who gives you the right to say that? and i dare say that when you say some people on here you put me amoungst them? Well for your information yes i say it should be legalised and yes they should have some sort of testing regularly whcih is what they will get if they legalise it.

And not they are not all sleazy either, that was an enciting (sp) thing to say and completly and uterly wrong.
No it wasn't, they are selling sex, thats as sleazy as it gets. If they aren't taking proper care of their children and are setting such a horrible example making their life look acceptable, they don't deserev children. What kind of life is that for kids?

Um...I'll have to disagree with you there. In India, speaking as an Indian and a resident of the country, it's not always a choice. Girls as young as ten years old are often kidnapped and trained as sex workers and beaten and abused if they try to get out of it. There are laws being worked out, but it's not foolproof. There's a village somwhere here. Daughter-in-laws are made to cook and clean, etc. One a family has a daughter-in-law, the family's biological daughter is sent to bring money through prostitution. People have gone to this village, the police came, etc. But people are really pissy about tradition. So in a lot of cases in this area of the world, there's not a lot that can be done in one go. It takes time and attention.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 27th, 2006 at 06:12pm
lyrical_gaah52:

Um...I'll have to disagree with you there. In India, speaking as an Indian and a resident of the country, it's not always a choice. Girls as young as ten years old are often kidnapped and trained as sex workers and beaten and abused if they try to get out of it. There are laws being worked out, but it's not foolproof. There's a village somwhere here. Daughter-in-laws are made to cook and clean, etc. One a family has a daughter-in-law, the family's biological daughter is sent to bring money through prostitution. People have gone to this village, the police came, etc. But people are really pissy about tradition. So in a lot of cases in this area of the world, there's not a lot that can be done in one go. It takes time and attention.

And they want to make that legal...

In other posts I have made, I made it very clear that was exactly why I didnt want it legalized, human trafficking. As for the sleazy comment, that was directed at anyone who could have a different life, and chooses to remain in this industry. I have absolutely no respect for them, and I do stand by what I said in that case.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
September 28th, 2006 at 03:51am
is no one understanding my point here.............legalise it then it will be made safer for both the women and the people who use them, condoms will be used has a matter of course, the girls will be tested again has a matter or course,

and has for people saying they dont deserve children, of course they do, i know women who do this for a living and they take very good care of they're kids, better in fact than some people who are not prostitutes, why dont we all just focus on the people who dont look after they're kids and leave alone the people who do look after they're kids, what about the women who do phone sex should they have they're kids taken away? What about the women who have no choice about working all night should they have they're kids taken away? (because tehy dont see them at night and then they have to sleep during the day)
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 28th, 2006 at 05:33pm
Lucifers Angel:
is no one understanding my point here.............legalise it then it will be made safer for both the women and the people who use them, condoms will be used has a matter of course, the girls will be tested again has a matter or course,

Just because people don't agree with you doesnt mean they don't understand your point.. typically it means they think you're wrong.

If prostitution is legalized it would accomplish absolutely nothing other than worsening the lives of those who are forced into it. If you would like to think our government's are perfect, keep on dreaming. They can have as many standards as they want and set regulations, whatever, it won't solve anything. All that is doing is making it even easier to force someone into slavery by commiting fraud and claiming to follow those regulations, when in reality they are doing the opposite. Human Trafficking is a problem now, imagine how much it would increase if their was even more ways to sell people into slavery. You keep saying these girls will be safer, yet you can't give any valid reasoning for why you think so, because there isnt any. it won't be better. Prostitution is a sick industry that has ruined peoples lives, and it should not be supported. It's wrecking peoples lives, when something like that is going on, the last thing that should be done is to make it legal.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
September 29th, 2006 at 06:42am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Lucifers Angel:

Just because people don't agree with you doesnt mean they don't understand your point.. typically it means they think you're wrong.

If prostitution is legalized it would accomplish absolutely nothing other than worsening the lives of those who are forced into it. If you would like to think our government's are perfect, keep on dreaming. They can have as many standards as they want and set regulations, whatever, it won't solve anything. All that is doing is making it even easier to force someone into slavery by commiting fraud and claiming to follow those regulations, when in reality they are doing the opposite. Human Trafficking is a problem now, imagine how much it would increase if their was even more ways to sell people into slavery. You keep saying these girls will be safer, yet you can't give any valid reasoning for why you think so, because there isnt any. it won't be better. Prostitution is a sick industry that has ruined peoples lives, and it should not be supported. It's wrecking peoples lives, when something like that is going on, the last thing that should be done is to make it legal.

trust me i know goverments are not perfect in fact no one is, its only wrecking the lives of the people forced into it waht about the people who want to work in that industry? should they be forced to do somthing else becasue if so then from they're point of view thats not fait either.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 29th, 2006 at 05:13pm
Lucifers Angel:

trust me i know goverments are not perfect in fact no one is, its only wrecking the lives of the people forced into it waht about the people who want to work in that industry? should they be forced to do somthing else becasue if so then from they're point of view thats not fait either.

The people who want to risk all of those things belong in a mental institution because thats insane to want to risk being raped and getting STD's. Thats ignorant, I honestly couldnt care any less than I already do about what they want. They want to keep an industry that places people in slavery? They should be slapped for being self centered monsters who only think about themselves. It may work great for them, but the fact of the matter is that people are being forced into it, and that has to stop. If they are ok with that, then they have no compassion what so ever and it really makes me sick.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
September 29th, 2006 at 05:19pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Lucifers Angel:

The people who want to risk all of those things belong in a mental institution because thats insane to want to risk being raped and getting STD's. Thats ignorant, I honestly couldnt care any less than I already do about what they want. They want to keep an industry that places people in slavery? They should be slapped for being self centered monsters who only think about themselves. It may work great for them, but the fact of the matter is that people are being forced into it, and that has to stop. If they are ok with that, then they have no compassion what so ever and it really makes me sick.

so people do have double standards, you cant say that one group of people shouldnt do that and then say the people who do it beling in mental homes, so yu will willingly take away tehy're way of life?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 29th, 2006 at 05:27pm
Lucifers Angel:

so people do have double standards, you cant say that one group of people shouldnt do that and then say the people who do it beling in mental homes, so yu will willingly take away tehy're way of life?

Im not exactly sure where you got the double standards thing from... I'v made it crystal clear Im against prostitution... that post basically made no sense at all. I said anyone who willingly does prostitution is stupid basically. I also said the people forced into doing it need help and by people doing it at their own will, it's promoting Human Trafficking... which is yet another reason prostitution needs to end. Explain why you called that double standards.

And yes, their way of life is taking other peoples lives away. It needs to end, they are perfectly capable of doing something else, they should be doing it. Just because screwing guys is easier than getting a real job doesnt mean they should do it. Because they are promoting the industry, people are being enslaved and forced to participate in things no one should ever have to do against their will. I find it so sickening that any person can promote that and sleep at night.
gd'sDiana
Geek
gd'sDiana
October 28th, 2006 at 09:29pm
in my country is illegal... and i think it's good, because if it was legal, it'd be like in any corner a prostite,, and that it's a bad example
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 31st, 2006 at 11:38am
gd'sDiana:
in my country is illegal... and i think it's good, because if it was legal, it'd be like in any corner a prostite,, and that it's a bad example
You do realise the irony that in Mexico, prostitution is as common as tequila and that sex tourism makes up quite a large bite of the local economy. Whether it is illegal or not, seems not to bother the actual prostitutes.
missand
Geek
missand

Mibba
March 2nd, 2007 at 02:28pm
In countires where prostitution of legeal there is less chances of rapes and assaults, health checks are given every week to the ones who are regeistered and it saved some poor woman who is only making money the way she knows how to from being beaten black and blue.

The brothels are legeal which makes it better for their safety.

Alot of people will say they deserve they are nothing but whoars, no they aren't the oldest job in the world is in fact prositiution. So think before you lot act.
We're Outlaws, Yeah!
We're Outlaws, Yeah!

Mibba Blog
March 11th, 2007 at 03:56pm
My opinion is that if a man/woman wants to have sex for money, then it is their choice, but the prostitute should feel safe.
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
March 11th, 2007 at 04:41pm
If I get a million dollars every two weeks, i'll be happy to sell myself and that's how much they get.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
March 11th, 2007 at 07:28pm
Kurtni:
It needs to end, they are perfectly capable of doing something else, they should be doing it. Just because screwing guys is easier than getting a real job doesnt mean they should do it. .

A lot of the time they can't actually get a real job, and the only way they can make money is to go into prostitution. It's not like these people come out of school and say hey, I'll go and shag a bloke for twenty quid, then I can go to topshop and get some new jeans.

I don't really agree with prostitution, but there needs to be some sort of help for girls who are on the game, maybe get them to do courses in some type of work, because if they get some education in a field of their choice, then they've got more chance of getting a 'real job'.

But, if their clients dont have them to go to, then they're gonna go and get what they want from someone else...and that could lead to rape and stuff, so it's a bit of a nasty cycle really.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 11th, 2007 at 08:23pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
Kurtni:
It needs to end, they are perfectly capable of doing something else, they should be doing it. Just because screwing guys is easier than getting a real job doesnt mean they should do it. .

A lot of the time they can't actually get a real job, and the only way they can make money is to go into prostitution. It's not like these people come out of school and say hey, I'll go and shag a bloke for twenty quid, then I can go to topshop and get some new jeans.

I don't really agree with prostitution, but there needs to be some sort of help for girls who are on the game, maybe get them to do courses in some type of work, because if they get some education in a field of their choice, then they've got more chance of getting a 'real job'.

But, if their clients dont have them to go to, then they're gonna go and get what they want from someone else...and that could lead to rape and stuff, so it's a bit of a nasty cycle really.

You cut out the rest of my post, that part was aimed at those who do it by choice and don't consider how their actions affect others around them, such as the girls who are forced into the industry.
Vanity
Vanity
March 12th, 2007 at 02:18am
Opheliac_666:
If I get a million dollars every two weeks, i'll be happy to sell myself and that's how much they get.

So it's of no concern to you that in doing that kind of work you could contract the cancer strain of HPV, and possible die from it? Or even herpes?
Or that you could die because some person would rather kill you than pay you for your services?
You'd REALLY be willing to just drop whatever job you have now to go and most likely get beaten, killed, or infected with a deadly disease for a million dollars?

I'm sorry but I really don't see any logic in that.
But, to each their own I guess.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
March 12th, 2007 at 03:03am
Vanity:
You'd REALLY be willing to just drop whatever job you have now to go and most likely get beaten, killed, or infected with a deadly disease for a million dollars?

That's why I think prostitution should be legal.
Then there would have to be a health code and pimps wouldn't be necessary anymore.
Vanity
Vanity
March 12th, 2007 at 06:06am
druscilla; callmedru:
Vanity:

That's why I think prostitution should be legal.
Then there would have to be a health code and pimps wouldn't be necessary anymore.

Oh, you actually have point there.

Hmm. I'm sort of undecided on the legality of it. I don't think it should be legal, simply for the facts that if it was, imagine how many more people would be infected with diseases, and how it would affect those who are related to the prostitutes. I'm sure no mother or father would want to see their daughter or son die at age 25 because they became infected with AIDS while being a prostitute.
But since you brought up the protection idea, I sort of think it should be legal. BUT, only for the protection of the prostitutes. That's really the only reason I can agree with it being legal.
missand
Geek
missand

Mibba
March 12th, 2007 at 01:56pm
just to let you know it aint allways prostitutes who carry STI's it can be the punter just as much. so dont blame just one group
Register