Prostitution

AuthorMessage
Jessica The Beat.
Geek
Jessica The Beat.
June 19th, 2006 at 12:02pm
Magne:

i will admit i would never do it,

That's good. *Nods* Now we can agree on something.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
June 19th, 2006 at 12:03pm
r o c k s t a r:
Magne:

i will admit i would never do it,

That's good. *Nods* Now we can agree on something.

but we should never take away anyones right to live how they wish.
Jessica The Beat.
Geek
Jessica The Beat.
June 19th, 2006 at 12:11pm
No, I understand that. If I wanted something, and had the chance to have it legally, I woudn't want it to be taken away from me.
AshlinnR
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
AshlinnR
June 20th, 2006 at 09:35am
i think if someone wants to be a prostitute then they can go ahead.
its not our life. its theirs i guess. and you would hope they would you protection these days.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 20th, 2006 at 09:43am
ashlinn.___:
its not our life. its theirs i guess. and you would hope they would you protection these days.
Right, because protection is 100% effective Rolling Eyes
Do you know how many prostitutes are raped and abducted every year? ALOT. So you're saying we should continue to let them do that? What about STD's they could transmit? What about the people forced into prostitution by human trafficking?
AshlinnR
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
AshlinnR
June 20th, 2006 at 09:55am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
ashlinn.___:
Do you know how many prostitutes are raped and abducted every year? ALOT. So you're saying we should continue to let them do that? What about STD's they could transmit? What about the people forced into prostitution by human trafficking?

eep. its 1 o clock in the morning.
and i menat, if people are WILLING going to do it then we cant really stop it. sorry. i didnt think about that. eek!
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 20th, 2006 at 09:57am
ashlinn.___:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
ashlinn.___:

eep. its 1 o clock in the morning.
and i menat, if people are WILLING going to do it then we cant really stop it. sorry. i didnt think about that. eek!
How are we going to know if someone is willing to do it? If they are being forced to by a Pimp, no one can help her, what if he is controlling her with fear? She can't do anything, then what? She just gets ignored.
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
June 20th, 2006 at 10:01am
It's their own choice, in most cases. But I have to agree with I_worship_tre_Cool, there are pimps who force girls to be prostitutes. But you can't help them.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 20th, 2006 at 10:06am
Perspectivity:
It's their own choice, in most cases. But I have to agree with I_worship_tre_Cool, there are pimps who force girls to be prostitutes. But you can't help them.
What? You can't help them? So we should just pretend all the human slaves don't exist? We should just lay back and act like it isnt even happening? Well, that might as well be whats being done about it. They need to be helped. How would you feel if you were being forced to sleep with someone against your own will? That isn't something that needs to be neglected. The people forcing them to need to be sent to jail to rot for the rest of their lives and the girls forced into it need to be helped in starting a new life and given therapy. We can do something about it, but we just choose not to.
AshlinnR
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
AshlinnR
June 20th, 2006 at 10:08am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Perspectivity:
What? You can't help them? So we should just pretend all the human slaves don't exist? We should just lay back and act like it isnt even happening? Well, that might as well be whats being done about it. They need to be helped. How would you feel if you were being forced to sleep with someone against your own will? That isn't something that needs to be neglected. The people forcing them to need to be sent to jail to rot for the rest of their lives and the girls forced into it need to be helped in starting a new life and given therapy. We can do something about it, but we just choose not to.
i think we should be wondering what we could do?
how are we meant to help them

and i like that you have alot to say on this I_worship_tre_cool
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
June 20th, 2006 at 10:10am
Perspectivity:
But that makse willingness and consent quite a big grey area, doesn't it?
I mean, in a vacuum a person can make that choice and it's quite clear that it is free will.
But when you add in the mechanics of reality, it's not. There's so much pressure and so much influence pulling people in so many directions that the decisions we make are not necessarily what we really want or what's best in the long run, prostitution or otherwise.
So is it REALLY their own choice in most cases?
I doubt it. Not entirely, at least.

There is never a situation in which you "can't" help someone.
Never.
<3Romance<3
Jackass
<3Romance<3
June 20th, 2006 at 10:19am
In Belgium, the gouvernment has made a difference. Prostitution in the streets is illegal, but when you go to a "pleasure house", no one has the right to forbid you to not go there.

Kitti, most girls who are prostitutes are illegal in the country. Mostly, they are a victim of humantrafic. Traficants take away their papers and identity and actually, when somebody tries to help prostitutes, they only get beaten up. And this is a circle that will always excist. As Perspectivity wrote, you can't help them. They need to buy themselves out. But mostly pimps raise the price so they need to earn more money and do more prostitution. It's a vicious circle that hardly can be broken.
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
June 20th, 2006 at 11:36am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Perspectivity:
I didn't say I wouldn't like to help them, but I personally can't do it.
How can I help them?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 20th, 2006 at 11:38am
Perspectivity:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Perspectivity:
How can I help them?
Raise awarness of the issue, make people see that 21st century slave Trade still exists, write letters to political represenatives for your area (and 1 letter won't work, it helps if you have alot of people writting alot, the person you want to read it might not, but someone will). Just make people know it's there, if it becomes a concern of the people, the government will address it eventually.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 20th, 2006 at 11:47am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Perspectivity:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Perspectivity:
How can I help them?
Raise awarness of the issue, make people see that 21st century slave Trade still exists, write letters to political represenatives for your area (and 1 letter won't work, it helps if you have alot of people writting alot, the person you want to read it might not, but someone will). Just make people know it's there, if it becomes a concern of the people, the government will address it eventually.

right but if they make it legal it will be safer for the girls and they will be able to tax it, and anyway its not all about sex some men and women go there just to be held by some one for however, we will never be able to do away with it so we might aswell make it safer.
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
June 20th, 2006 at 01:31pm
Magne:
right but if they make it legal it will be safer for the girls and they will be able to tax it, and anyway its not all about sex some men and women go there just to be held by some one for however, we will never be able to do away with it so we might aswell make it safer.
That's exactly what I think.
Suicidal Penguin
Jackass
Suicidal Penguin
August 19th, 2006 at 04:34am
Prostitution is legal over here in New Zealand.
It was made legal about a year ago I think.

No one cares if any of the prostitutes are STD free, or are over 18.

There was a show on a few months back that had an interview with a 12-year-old prostitute, and nothing happened to stop it.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
August 19th, 2006 at 10:17am
Suicidal Penguin:

There was a show on a few months back that had an interview with a 12-year-old prostitute, and nothing happened to stop it.

then obviously the law is not keeping a close eye on the situation, and i was talking about safer working rules for the girls and men involved, if they are of the streets and have houses and are regulated and tested regulary shouldnt that be better
-Misery-
Geek
-Misery-
August 24th, 2006 at 11:08pm
Lucifers Angel:
Suicidal Penguin:

then obviously the law is not keeping a close eye on the situation, and i was talking about safer working rules for the girls and men involved, if they are of the streets and have houses and are regulated and tested regulary shouldnt that be better

that's odd considering the legal age here for sex is 16.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 25th, 2006 at 08:23am
Lucifers Angel:

Just because you're tested doesnt mean you won't get them. Not all STD's can be treated and once they contract them, they're screwed. Not to mention the law really shouldnt have to keep an eye on them here, aside from arresting them when they break it. If you're involved in prostitution at your own will, and something bad happens, the only person to blame is yourself.
Register