Bush Hate, Inspired By Green Day?

AuthorMessage
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
February 26th, 2008 at 11:22pm
Actually to be completely honest I think Green Day did have something to do with me getting in to politics. I just thought the opposite of what everyone else did. I used to hate politic, but my parents liked Bush and hearing Green Day say that stuff made me mad. I started debating people online, but I didn't know anything about politics. That is when I started paying attention to the news. But I think you're right it did help kids get into politics. And that is a good thing.

Even if most of them are liberals. No offense. Shifty
Rocker Chic
King For A Couple Of Days
Rocker Chic

Blog
February 27th, 2008 at 01:30pm
It is a good thing, whether you agree with what Green Day is saying or not. We're all going to be voting and eventually taking care of this country. It's best that kids get interested in politics at a young age, I believe.

And not even just politics, but the other things Green Day supports, too, like NRDC and Music Rising. It's great to get kids interested in giving back to the community and taking care of the planet.

I think Green Day deserves a lot of credit for getting kids involved in these issues.
CurlyFries
Idiot
CurlyFries

Mibba
February 28th, 2008 at 11:20am
Yeah they do instead of the hating crap they get instead.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
March 18th, 2008 at 05:37pm
Kurtni:
"The Subliminal mind fuck america" and "fuck america" have very differen't meanings. Mr. Green

I have question.

So, what exactly are they saying? I looked up the word subliminal, but I still don't get what they are saying. I get the "subliminal mind" part, but adding "fuck american" to the end is when I get confused.
asthenia.
Falling In Love With The Board
asthenia.

Blog
March 18th, 2008 at 08:12pm
Maybe they mean that the media is fucking up Americans' minds and we're letting it happen to us. Idk, that's what I've always thought. Dno
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
March 18th, 2008 at 09:59pm
I just wanted to know because I'm writting a paper about rock bands and politics. I want to make sure I get it straight.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
March 19th, 2008 at 12:09pm
Do you guys consider Minority political? I'm still trying to write this paper.
vivalarorya
Falling In Love With The Board
vivalarorya
March 20th, 2008 at 08:32pm
I do, in a semi-anarchic sort of way. Dno
Joel McHale.
King For A Couple Of Days
Joel McHale.

Blog
March 21st, 2008 at 08:14pm
Bush is just a dumb fuck tbh :coffe:
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
March 23rd, 2008 at 10:19pm
Tasha Fizz:
Bush is just a dumb fuck tbh Coffee

This isn't a bash Bush thread. Finger
Sarah!
Geek
Sarah!
March 26th, 2008 at 10:41am
I have absolutely no opinion on George Bush whatsoever mainly because the understanding of politics that I have sails past my brain with a whooshing noise (i.e I have no understanding) so why should I hate someone or something I have no idea about?
Alot of people claim to hate Bush only to be like Green Day and to convince themselves they understand politics. For others that do hate Bush because of a genuine politically backed reason (something he has done for the good/bad of america) then they have a right to voice that opinion as they know what they are talking about.

I rambled there, it probably made no sense, and feel free to challenge me on any points. Apologies about the English.
St.Billie.
Idiot
St.Billie.
March 7th, 2010 at 03:00pm
i´ll always hate him, this has nothing to do with green day
Viva La Green Day!
Jackass
Viva La Green Day!
March 8th, 2010 at 07:46am
I don't exactly hate bush I just think he was a stupid man and his supporters were even stupider(if that's a word) for letting him hold a position of power, regardless of the technical hiccup or not, he was still allowed to get as far as being a candidate and that's enough to make you double take.

Yes he made some terrible decisions, but he was just an idiotic man who didn't know what to do with his authority. Can you blame someone for not being smart? There are plenty of us out there who wouldve made the same mistakes, the difference is we didn't get elected president. I think he was just someone who had too much power and not enough brain power and because he was in such an important position, his bad choices had a bigger impact. This is why people chose him as a target for their hatred.it couldve have been anyone of us be thankful that when you make a mistake in work or school you don't get death threats.

(sorry for rambling, I have a tendency to do that, but just so we are clear I am not pro-bush in anyway if I gave u that impression)
Register