AuthorMessage
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
November 7th, 2007 at 10:54pm
Kurtni:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
There are good and bad people in every walk of life, and singling out Christianity only shows that you're just as intolerant as you claim they are.
Disliking christianity and disliking Christians aren't the same thing. Personally, I dislike Christianity alot, but I don't hate Christians. I know some of them are amazing people, and religion is no reason to discriminate.
In my experiance, to hate one is to hate the other. I mean, to certain people, their religion is such a big part of who they and how they act that you can't just say to them, "I dislike your religion, but I like you" without offending them, because, for them, their religion is just another part of who they are, and it's like you saying, "I dislike this one part of you, but the rest's fine."
Kaede
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Kaede
November 21st, 2007 at 03:17am
I don't think religion is evil, I think its more about how people were raised.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
November 25th, 2007 at 02:00pm
lyrical_mess:
There's actually a nice little anecdote to fit the situation. A little priest man goes to a barber one day to get his hair cut. So they talk because everyone talks to the barber because its cool. And the barber says "You're a priest huh? Well I don't believe in God!" The priest, still sitting and speaking calmly because this guy's cutting his hair, simply asks "Well why not?"

The barber finishes off the haircut and says "If God exists, why do bad things happen? If God' here to help us, why does anyone get hurt?" The priest remains quiet for a moment and then beckons the barber to the window. He says "I don't believe in barbers." The barber is surprised and asks why. The priest points out the window to a man with long, scraggly hair and a long scarggly beard and says "If barbers exist, why does that man have such unkempt hair?"
That's so beautiful! OMG! I'm using that! Why have I never been told that before?! You're effing amazing, you are. Thank you for that.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
November 28th, 2007 at 04:06pm
My aunt told me that story when I was little. Con
yellowstickerface
Geek
yellowstickerface
November 30th, 2007 at 09:28am
I believe it is the root of MOST evil.
Iv'e met plenty of evil athiests.
Religion to me seems pointless.
I'm sick of it.
When you die you are dead.
Just my opinion tho, no flaming please.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
December 2nd, 2007 at 01:31am
I took on two Christians trying to give me a leaflet on something at the door a couple of days ago.. Coolio

Them: Here's a leaflet on Christian dskjfhgkjhfkgdhfkjhdfg...

Me: Sorry, I don't believe in God

Them: Why? Is it because of all the chaos and destruction in today's world?

Me: No, its because I read The Bible

Them: What do you mean?

Me: For example, The Tower of Babel, I dont think that it was very Godlike, loving or positive to split all the people into different corners of the earth, and make them speak different languages so that they can never work together in harmony again

Them: But they were scattered, they were scattered, they were going to worship the tower as a false God..

Me: It was a tower

Them: Well what about Creation? Don't you look around at things and think that there must be something more? Something or someone who created this world?

Me: No, I believe in Darwin and the Theory of Evolution

Them: Oh.. Evolution, right...

*the phone rings*

Them: Okay, well goodbye!

lmfao lmfao I wasn't finished debating with them!! Finger
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
December 2nd, 2007 at 01:42am
Go Erin.

I know you will think this is probably wrong of me to say but... I think people use religion as an excuse for things they don't understand or can't explain.

Disease for example - God's way of testing us or punishing us for our sins? When it can all be explained though science... Dno

I think religion is very ignorant. But thats my opinion, I am sorry if I have offended anyone.....
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
December 2nd, 2007 at 12:35pm
Its a fact that religious people can not debate.

Mr. Green
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
December 3rd, 2007 at 02:05am
east infection.:

Mr. Green
I can debate. omgno

But I can understand what you mean. I've met religious people who just flat out will not acknowledge that there are differing accounts of creation and it's so frustrating.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
December 3rd, 2007 at 11:55am
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
east infection.:

Mr. Green
I can debate. omgno

But I can understand what you mean. I've met religious people who just flat out will not acknowledge that there are differing accounts of creation and it's so frustrating.
Exactly. My religious teacher was bad, but people at church were even worse.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
December 3rd, 2007 at 02:53pm
bjtp:

*the phone rings*

Them: Okay, well goodbye!

lmfao lmfao I wasn't finished debating with them!! Finger

you're the only person in the world that can actually piss off the christian honks that knock on your door lmfao lmfao
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
December 3rd, 2007 at 05:29pm
east infection.:

Mr. Green
Not really. I've met some fantastic religious debators. It's just what section of the population you speak to.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 3rd, 2007 at 06:30pm
I'm religious. Actually, kind of. I'm very...confused these days.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
December 3rd, 2007 at 06:36pm
My step mum told me that in the bible it says that aborted babies are stuck in limbo. I was just wondering if anyone knew the exact quote where the bible states/references this.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 3rd, 2007 at 06:41pm
They had abortions then?
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
December 3rd, 2007 at 06:46pm
lyrical_mess:
They had abortions then?
I'm not sure. I'm also unsure of whether or not this "rule" stems to miscarried children as well.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
December 3rd, 2007 at 07:43pm
Misanthropist:
My step mum told me that in the bible it says that aborted babies are stuck in limbo. I was just wondering if anyone knew the exact quote where the bible states/references this.
There isn't. Just searched the Bible. Not a mention of Limbo. Or what happens to children. Just Heaven and Hell.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
December 4th, 2007 at 04:46am
Herr Doktor:
Misanthropist:
There isn't. Just searched the Bible. Not a mention of Limbo. Or what happens to children. Just Heaven and Hell.
You searched the entire Bible? *impressed*
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
December 4th, 2007 at 12:15pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Herr Doktor:
Misanthropist:
You searched the entire Bible? *impressed*
Shifty You shouldn't be all that impressed, to be honest.

If you go to www.rhymezone.com and search for quotations in the Bible, it'll show you all the pages with the word you are looking for. Mr. Green Total cheater.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
December 4th, 2007 at 12:32pm
Herr Doktor:
Shifty You shouldn't be all that impressed, to be honest.

If you go to www.rhymezone.com and search for quotations in the Bible, it'll show you all the pages with the word you are looking for. Mr. Green Total cheater.

win lmfao
Register