Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
January 29th, 2008 at 09:54pm
Franny.:
DaschundPup2007:
Franny.:
Kurtni:
Franny.:
[Somewhat on topic] So what did everyone think about the State of the Union Address? It was Bush's last one and well, it sounded good. It's pretty much a recap of all the previous speeches he's done, nothing really new. Everyone clapped after every line so it took forever. A summary: Bush's stance is still the same on everything.

I was ready to count gramtical errors but he actually sounded intelligent last night No disappointing.

I always give props to Bush's speech writer[s]. They choose the most intelligent sounding words but ones that Bush can pronounce [minus 'nuclear']. It's why I enjoy watching the State of the Union addresses, everything goes pretty smoothly =P
I didn't watch the State of the Union addresses last night. Sad

Don't worry, you really didn't miss much. If you wanna read the best parts, visit my blog in my sig Laughing
Thanks!!! Smile
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
January 29th, 2008 at 11:51pm
So for the Florida Primaries, when you win it, you get all the delegates...I didn't know that. McCain won tonight and is now at 95 delegates, leading Romney's 67. Clinton won tonight for the Democrats but the DNC stripped Florida of all its delegates so it really counts for nothing.

Now that McCain has a strong lead, is he going to go all the way? If he wins the GOP nomination, I don't think he'll be able to beat any of the Democrats.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 30th, 2008 at 07:21am
Franny.:
So for the Florida Primaries, when you win it, you get all the delegates...I didn't know that. McCain won tonight and is now at 95 delegates, leading Romney's 67. Clinton won tonight for the Democrats but the DNC stripped Florida of all its delegates so it really counts for nothing.

Now that McCain has a strong lead, is he going to go all the way? If he wins the GOP nomination, I don't think he'll be able to beat any of the Democrats.

Thats not what the national polls are saying. its showing that even though there's the big hoo ha over the democratic leader. A republican looks set to take office.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 30th, 2008 at 12:18pm
McClain is not very conservative, so some democrats could vote from him.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 30th, 2008 at 02:11pm
Obama will be in St. Louis Saturday Dance Im so going to his rally thing.
Franny.
Franny.
January 30th, 2008 at 06:07pm
NeoSteph:
Franny.:

Thats not what the national polls are saying. its showing that even though there's the big hoo ha over the democratic leader. A republican looks set to take office.

It's really hard to say. I really can't trust polls anymore, especially national ones [Giuliani and Clinton were leading their parties, but Giuliani is now out with 1 delegate and Clinton is still behind Obama]. I'm hoping a Republican will take office to repair the damage that Bush had done to the party, but more and more people are 'independents' now that it's really up to them.

Two major issues:

McCain is for the war and has not even mentioned about bringing troops home. Both Clinton and Obama have said that they would start to bring the troops home as soon as possible.

McCain is very incompetent in the area reguarding the economy. He has not given details about what he'll do because it doesn't seem he knows enough about it. Clinton and Obama have both talked about stimulus packages/plans.

Against either candidate, McCain would have a hard time getting the independet vote. He's also not very popular amongst conservatives, so where does he fall?

Shadow of a Doubt:
McClain is not very conservative, so some democrats could vote from him.

Democrats wouldn't vote for him because they're Democrats and he's a Republican. Independents who lean towards the Democratic side [like Lieberman, though I think he's a phoney] may vote for him if they're unhappy with either of the options.

Kurtni:
Obama will be in St. Louis Saturday Im so going to his rally thing.

Lucky! I wanted to go down to the States around this time to catch some of the presidential candidate fever, but I unfortunately have school. I'd love to hear what he'll say, so if you could, can you please give us a report on it? That'd be awesome =)

Sad news today: Edwards dropped out. He hasn't announced who he'll endorse, but there's no rush. He'll be a great runing mate for either candidates so if he puts his support behind one and the other wins, his chances of becoming VP may slim.

Giuliani is also out [or about to announce so] and will endorse McCain.
Minority_Under_Dog
Minority_Under_Dog

Blog
January 30th, 2008 at 06:25pm
McCain is the more "liberal republican". I know many people who consider themselves liberals who would vote for McCain if he got the nominations. He is the Republicans best hope to win the presidency. He has experiance and is very fair. He also understands the weakeness and strengths (this must be a small number) of the bush administration.
Some liberals do not feel comfortable having such a "newbie" being the nomination, especially in this time of uncertainty. this next president will have a huge impact on the rest of my life, more so than anyone. Many want someone who has been in the situation. On the other hand many liberals hate Hillary and how Bill keeps well being unreasonably annoying on every level. Plus she is in the pocket of companies, and seems inhuman. yes i know she cryed, but really i want a president who shows emotion all of the time.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
January 30th, 2008 at 07:44pm
K GOODBYE TO EDWARDS AND RUDY, THEY LIKE QUIT.

lets see who there supporters will support now.
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
January 30th, 2008 at 08:25pm
Memory Lane.:

I was watching the news and some reporter said that Obama will probably have more support now.
He said that chances are, those who had supported Edwards never liked Clinton in the first place.
So to them, Obama is like the next best candidate.
Franny.
Franny.
January 30th, 2008 at 10:01pm
Mother Mary:
Memory Lane.:

I was watching the news and some reporter said that Obama will probably have more support now.
He said that chances are, those who had supported Edwards never liked Clinton in the first place.
So to them, Obama is like the next best candidate.

That is definitely true. I have a small feeling that Edwards will endorse Obama and he will be his running mate if Obama gets that far.

The Republican debate tonight on CNN sure was interesting no? No. There's only four people there and there's still a bunch of talking over each other. But it solidified my want for Romney to become the GOP nominee over McCain. Romney is a very smooth talker and McCain is just boring. McCain is the new Thompson in speech and it doesn't bode well for him. The only use McCain should have for Giuliani now is for him to speak. Giuliani was also a great speaker so it'd be a nice addition I think.

Democratic debates on CNN will be tomorrow, anyone watching it? I don't think I will unless I'm really bored. I'm tired of them arguing back and forth and getting to no clear conclusion.
folkin' around.
King For A Couple Of Days
folkin' around.
January 31st, 2008 at 07:15pm
I did this compatible quiz at http://www.votehelp.org
Kind of cool. Whether you believe it or not is up to you.
It tells you what you agree on/disagree on with your six most compatible presidential hopefuls.

Here are my results:

1. Ron Paul
87.34% match on issues.
You vs Ron More detail

2. Hillary Clinton
84.62% match on issues.
You vs Hillary More detail

3. Mitt Romney
84.44% match on issues.
You vs Mitt More detail

4. Barack Obama
84.24% match on issues.
You vs Barack More detail

5. Mike Huckabee
84.22% match on issues.
You vs Mike More detail

6. John McCain
81.03% match on issues.
You vs John More detail
Franny.
Franny.
January 31st, 2008 at 09:55pm
I don't like that quiz, apparently I match best with Mike Huckabee. Some questions are so vaguely worded that it's difficult to answer with just agree or disagree. Luckily, I got Romney as a close second. The Dems bottomed in my quiz with Obama last. Oddly enough, I agree more with Obama's policies than Clinton's. The accuracy of this quiz? I don't recommend you take it as a decider for who you vote for.

I followed through with my promise of not watching the debate. BUT because Keith [Olbermann] is doing post-debate analysis, I will watch that. For those who watch Countdown [and even those who are curious about it], there's a special comment tonight worth watching.
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
February 1st, 2008 at 05:17am
1. Barack Obama
93.90% match on issues.

2. Hillary Clinton
92.92% match on issues.

3. Mitt Romney
67.73% match on issues.
You vs Mitt More detail

4. John McCain
66.26% match on issues.
You vs John More detail

5. Mike Huckabee
64.39% match on issues.
You vs Mike More detail

6. Ron Paul
59.58% match on issues.
You vs Ron More detail

Meh.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
February 1st, 2008 at 06:56am
Franny.:
I don't like that quiz, apparently I match best with Mike Huckabee. Some questions are so vaguely worded that it's difficult to answer with just agree or disagree. Luckily, I got Romney as a close second. The Dems bottomed in my quiz with Obama last. Oddly enough, I agree more with Obama's policies than Clinton's. The accuracy of this quiz? I don't recommend you take it as a decider for who you vote for.

I followed through with my promise of not watching the debate. BUT because Keith [Olbermann] is doing post-debate analysis, I will watch that. For those who watch Countdown [and even those who are curious about it], there's a special comment tonight worth watching.

I watch Keith on youtube when he's attacking that Fox guy. He's hilarious.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
February 1st, 2008 at 11:07am
1. Hillary Clinton
95.30% match on issues.

2. Barack Obama
94.78% match on issues.

3. John McCain
69.54% match on issues.
You vs John More detail

Dance
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
February 1st, 2008 at 11:57am
1. Mike Huckabee
95.96% match on issues.
You vs Mike

2. Mitt Romney
92.87% match on issues.
You vs Mitt

3. John McCain
89.69% match on issues.
You vs John

4. Ron Paul
86.51% match on issues.
You vs Ron

5. Barack Obama
79.02% match on issues.
You vs Barack

6. Hillary Clinton
74.46% match on issues.
You vs Hillary

I'm still planning on voting for Romney.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
February 1st, 2008 at 01:56pm
1. Hillary Clinton
91.65% match on issues.

2. Barack Obama
81.63% match on issues.

3. Ron Paul
69.11% match on issues.
You vs Ron More detail

4. Mike Huckabee
59.83% match on issues.
You vs Mike More detail

5. Mitt Romney
58.72% match on issues.
You vs Mitt More detail

6. John McCain
58.12% match on issues.
You vs John More detail

Why are there 4 Republicans and 2 Democrats? O_o
Franny.
Franny.
February 1st, 2008 at 08:43pm
NeoSteph:
Franny.:

I watch Keith on youtube when he's attacking that Fox guy. He's hilarious.

Haha yah, Bill O'Reilly [the Fox guy] is always under attack by Keith. Even though he does it so often, it never gets old Laughing If you have time, watch the Special Comments that Keith does, they're really good.

So there's speculation about an Obama/Clinton [or vice versa] ticket. I always thought whoever wins, Edwards will be his/her running-mate, but that's just me. Thoughts?
caught in a dream
Geek
caught in a dream

Mibba Blog
February 3rd, 2008 at 10:44am
If I could vote...
I'd vote for Hillary Clinton.
It would be awesome to have our first women president.
But IDK...
my fate is in Amerian hands...
folkin' around.
King For A Couple Of Days
folkin' around.
February 3rd, 2008 at 11:18am
^Would you only vote for her because she could possibly be the first woman President?
Register