US President elections 2008.

AuthorMessage
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
January 22nd, 2008 at 09:13pm
Kurtni:
So Hilary was in St. Louis saturday and I went to see her with my mommy.

She was two hours late Mr. Green In a rally that HER campaign scheduled... she couldn't be on time. And she wants to be president? if she can't make her own meetings just a few hundred miles away from where she was before, how is she going to make meetings as a president all around the world?

Right, so then, she didn't even talk for the first 10 minutes, Bill did. The only remotely constructive thing she said in the entire hour was about our dependency on foreign oil. Then Bill ragged on Obama for a bit and talked some more. I really wonder who this campaign is for, Bill or Hilary.

You know what aggrivated me the most? Hilary was talking about our debt and she said "When we (as in "bill and I"Winkleft office there was a 5.6 trillion dollar surplus"
Well no, Hilary, you did not hold an office. The American public did not elect you to be first lady, you did not make the choices as president, you are not responsible for the surplus. Bill Clinton is. Not Hilary FingerSometimes I wonder who her campaign is for, her or Bill.

lmfao on the news it showed him yelling at some news reporter after the rally lmfao I missed that. The one excting thing that night, I missed.
It is definately the most outrageous ploy of her entire campaign, making herself out as if she was president, instead of Bill.

And from what I've read on her stint as a senator, or whatever it was she's done, it's not at all impressive. It's not as if she was an "agent of change" or whatever she makes herself out to be. Utter nonsense.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
January 26th, 2008 at 08:43pm
Kurtni:
So Hilary was in St. Louis saturday and I went to see her with my mommy.

She was two hours late Mr. Green In a rally that HER campaign scheduled... she couldn't be on time. And she wants to be president? if she can't make her own meetings just a few hundred miles away from where she was before, how is she going to make meetings as a president all around the world?

Right, so then, she didn't even talk for the first 10 minutes, Bill did. The only remotely constructive thing she said in the entire hour was about our dependency on foreign oil. Then Bill ragged on Obama for a bit and talked some more. I really wonder who this campaign is for, Bill or Hilary.

You know what aggrivated me the most? Hilary was talking about our debt and she said "When we (as in "bill and I"Winkleft office there was a 5.6 trillion dollar surplus"
Well no, Hilary, you did not hold an office. The American public did not elect you to be first lady, you did not make the choices as president, you are not responsible for the surplus. Bill Clinton is. Not Hilary FingerSometimes I wonder who her campaign is for, her or Bill.

lmfao on the news it showed him yelling at some news reporter after the rally lmfao I missed that. The one excting thing that night, I missed.

Politicians are almost always late for rallys Coolio

and if you hate her so much why did you see her?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2008 at 12:11pm
Memory Lane.:

and if you hate her so much why did you see her?

...if I didn't pay attention to her, how would I know that I didn't like her?
And No, most politicians who actually want to get elected are not hours late for rallies they plan.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2008 at 12:14pm
I'm so out of the loop on this, i'll just come and ask you guys after every vote whose in the lead Shifty
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2008 at 12:16pm
NeoSteph:
I'm so out of the loop on this, i'll just come and ask you guys after every vote whose in the lead Shifty
Hilary lost hardcore in South Carolina, that's all you need to know for now until super tuesday. File
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2008 at 12:17pm
Kurtni:
NeoSteph:
Hilary lost hardcore in South Carolina, that's all you need to know for now until super tuesday. File

republicans?

super tuesday is when 20 states have their elections?
0_o why space out so many and then blast a bunch at once?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2008 at 12:41pm
NeoSteph:
Kurtni:
NeoSteph:

republicans?

super tuesday is when 20 states have their elections?
0_o why space out so many and then blast a bunch at once?

No, I mean Obama beat her by alot. Not republicans.

States can pick when they have their primaries Dno It works better for campaigning.
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
January 27th, 2008 at 04:46pm
February 5th is the 'earliest' date the states can have their primaries/caucuses. The other states that put their dates before this one gets penalized such as having their delegates stripped some [in the case of Wyoming, NH, South Carolina, Flordia for the Republicans] or completely [in the case of Michigan and Flordia for the Democrats]. Caucuses don't get penalized because they are apparently 'non-binding'.

Delegate count [not including super-delegates]

Democrats:
Obama 63
Clinton 48
Edwards 26
Gravel 0 [don't know why he's still in, even Kucinich has dropped out]

Republicans:
Romney 67
McCain 38
Huckabee 26
Paul 6
Giuliani 1

Who else thinks that by Wednesday, Giuliani would have dropped out? He's been putting all his eggs in one basket [in this case, all his money in one state] and it's not going well for him. He's third in pretty much all polls [but of course, they're not that reliable, but in this case, it looks to be correct] with Romney and McCain fighting for the top.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2008 at 05:57pm
Franny.:

Who else thinks that by Wednesday, Giuliani would have dropped out? He's been putting all his eggs in one basket [in this case, all his money in one state] and it's not going well for him. He's third in pretty much all polls [but of course, they're not that reliable, but in this case, it looks to be correct] with Romney and McCain fighting for the top.
I agree. He's too sleazy and no one likes him. No amount of campainging is going to change that. Unless something amazing happens and he wins florida, he's out.
Franny.
Franny.
January 27th, 2008 at 06:07pm
Kurtni:
Franny.:

I agree. He's too sleazy and no one likes him. No amount of campainging is going to change that. Unless something amazing happens and he wins florida, he's out.

Bloomberg has a better chance at winning and he's not even in the race [yet? =P]. He was only frontrunner last year because he had the most exposure. People knew his name and thought of him as some sort of 9/11 saint. Now, he's over-used the term that it's just a phrase used to elevate himself above others. The Democrats won't vote for him because he's a Republican but the Republicans won't vote for him either because he's not Republican enough. He and Clinton are trying to play both sides but are clearly losing the crowd they pulled in last year.

I'd be happy if either McCain or Romney wins the nomination. Although I'd like Romney to win more because he looks more electable. I'm not saying McCain's age would affect his work [like what Norris said, but his is worse], but he may be unappealing to voters because of his age. Like it or not, ageism exists.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2008 at 06:24pm
Franny.:

Bloomberg has a better chance at winning and he's not even in the race [yet? =P]. He was only frontrunner last year because he had the most exposure. People knew his name and thought of him as some sort of 9/11 saint. Now, he's over-used the term that it's just a phrase used to elevate himself above others. The Democrats won't vote for him because he's a Republican but the Republicans won't vote for him either because he's not Republican enough. He and Clinton are trying to play both sides but are clearly losing the crowd they pulled in last year.

I'd be happy if either McCain or Romney wins the nomination. Although I'd like Romney to win more because he looks more electable. I'm not saying McCain's age would affect his work [like what Norris said, but his is worse], but he may be unappealing to voters because of his age. Like it or not, ageism exists.

I prefer McCain to Romney, i wouldn't be too upset with that (personally though I think we'll have a democratic president this year)
What worries me about him is his strong stance on the war, and his support for it. He even acknowledges the declining support from the American public and still supports it... and I don't think a president should support something the majority of Americans don't. His job is to represent their beliefs, not make choices for them. I think alot of voters support him on virtually every other issue aside from war, and because of that they're voting for him anyways.

Think War is going to be a hectic issue, no matter who gets elected really.
Franny.
Franny.
January 27th, 2008 at 07:36pm
Kurtni:
Franny.:

I prefer McCain to Romney, i wouldn't be too upset with that (personally though I think we'll have a democratic president this year)
What worries me about him is his strong stance on the war, and his support for it. He even acknowledges the declining support from the American public and still supports it... and I don't think a president should support something the majority of Americans don't. His job is to represent their beliefs, not make choices for them. I think alot of voters support him on virtually every other issue aside from war, and because of that they're voting for him anyways.

Think War is going to be a hectic issue, no matter who gets elected really.

The war is a great issue even though at this moment it seems the economy is more number one. I'm not a war-monger, but pulling all the troops out right away is not a healthy idea. I almost agree with McCain's stance that if the troops were pulled out, Al Qaeda would have won and the lost lives were for nothing. The middle east may even become more chaotic than before. I don't know exactly what they should do [thank god I don't really have to think about it =P] but a revision on Vietnam may help. Iraqization? Doesn't have the same ring to it...

But what I do know is that I disagree with the Democrats on setting a date. Obama and Clinton have promised to bring the troops home within the next 5 years, which sounds quite reasonable BUT it can't be set in stone. They cannot predict what will happen within the time period and under certain circumstances, the call for troops to remain or even a surge could be necessary. I don't think it bodes well for the Democrats if they cannot meet their deadline, which in this case, they may not be able to.

I have a feeling that the country will vote for a Democrat, but I'm still rooting for the Republicans =)
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 27th, 2008 at 10:07pm
I have some articles. Shifty
Here is what some of the people in my area have to say about the candidates.

I just thought I would see what you guys thought.

btw I have no comment on the articles.
Franny.
Franny.
January 27th, 2008 at 11:25pm
Nothing in John's opinion interests me, but some wise words. If you're sick of seeing Hillary on TV, either A) Stop watching tv or B) 'Any news program'? Why don't you try Fox News

Candidates do not respect human life? Catholic Church and politics? Carl should get his/her facts right. Not ALL the candidates not respect human life. Following his/her definition of respect for human life, all but ONE candidate does not respect human life. That man is Mr. Mike Huckabee. He is the spokesperson for 'Roman Catholic Church being involved in politics.' Implementing theocracy to save human life? How's that working in Iran? [no offence to Iranians].

Michele, Ron Paul doesn't irk me as much as most the other candidates, but he doesn't get coverage because he is not electable. Sure small government sounds good to me and going back to the Republican roots sounds fantastic. But how can anyone really take him seriously? Abolishing everything and 'non-interventionism' is impossible to do today. Let's be realistic, erasing America and starting fresh is like [insert clever metaphor here] -- it's not possible. And 'non-interventionism' is just a different way of saying 'isolationism'. Sure he wants to be open to trade, but if you're not giving to the world, you're not going to get anything. I'm happy Ron Paul is beating Rudy Giuliani, but that's about as far as he can get.
Franny.
Franny.
January 29th, 2008 at 12:56pm
[Somewhat on topic] So what did everyone think about the State of the Union Address? It was Bush's last one and well, it sounded good. It's pretty much a recap of all the previous speeches he's done, nothing really new. Everyone clapped after every line so it took forever. A summary: Bush's stance is still the same on everything.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 29th, 2008 at 02:21pm
Franny.:
[Somewhat on topic] So what did everyone think about the State of the Union Address? It was Bush's last one and well, it sounded good. It's pretty much a recap of all the previous speeches he's done, nothing really new. Everyone clapped after every line so it took forever. A summary: Bush's stance is still the same on everything.

I was ready to count gramtical errors but he actually sounded intelligent last night No disappointing.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 29th, 2008 at 04:08pm
I didn't watch it, because I didn't know it was on. I would have watched though.
Franny.
Franny.
January 29th, 2008 at 06:30pm
Kurtni:
Franny.:

I was ready to count gramtical errors but he actually sounded intelligent last night No disappointing.

I always give props to Bush's speech writer[s]. They choose the most intelligent sounding words but ones that Bush can pronounce [minus 'nuclear']. It's why I enjoy watching the State of the Union addresses, everything goes pretty smoothly =P
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
January 29th, 2008 at 06:54pm
Franny.:
Kurtni:
Franny.:

I always give props to Bush's speech writer[s]. They choose the most intelligent sounding words but ones that Bush can pronounce [minus 'nuclear']. It's why I enjoy watching the State of the Union addresses, everything goes pretty smoothly =P
I didn't watch the State of the Union addresses last night. Sad
Franny.
Franny.
January 29th, 2008 at 07:03pm
DaschundPup2007:
Franny.:
Kurtni:
Franny.:

I didn't watch the State of the Union addresses last night. Sad

Don't worry, you really didn't miss much. If you wanna read the best parts, visit my blog in my sig Laughing
Register