Are girls growing up too fast?

AuthorMessage
x__rockstar_romance
Jackass
x__rockstar_romance
July 4th, 2005 at 01:16am
im 13 and i wear makeup but its more because im insecure about the way i look and please dont preach to me about that. lol. anyway to be on topic, i think girls can act however they want at whatever age. but, its their own fault if they screw up. they have to live with their decisions for the rest of their lives and if they end up getting pregnant or something they'll wish they did wait a little longer, you know?
Spirit Of '77
Falling In Love With The Board
Spirit Of '77
July 4th, 2005 at 01:24am
x__rockstar_romance:
im 13 and i wear makeup but its more because im insecure about the way i look and please dont preach to me about that. lol. anyway to be on topic, i think girls can act however they want at whatever age. but, its their own fault if they screw up. they have to live with their decisions for the rest of their lives and if they end up getting pregnant or something they'll wish they did wait a little longer, you know?

i agree completely.
Automatic man
King For A Couple Of Days
Automatic man
July 4th, 2005 at 07:09pm
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
i think the idea of waiting til youre married to have sex was just put into people's minds to get them to go along with the whole idea of marriage when back when.

That doesn't make any sense. That would only be a knock against marrege because marrge would retrick sex. I always thought marrege was some kind of belief institued by churches.
clean_with_409
Geek
clean_with_409
July 4th, 2005 at 09:18pm
I do think we're growing up to fast (girls are). I mean, when I was 8, I was just getting into Green Day, I started piano lessons and I wore baggy clothes. Now a days you see this 8 year old girls walking around in high heals, mini skirts and tanktops and whatever carrying their purses and using their cell phones. I'm almost 14, I don't have a cell phone and I own ONE SHORT SKIRT...and I only wear that when it's so hot out that I can't wear jeans. I also think kids having sex at my age is wrong. I mean, if you get pregnat, your life is screwed. But I guess it's up to the person, but I mean, why can't you just wait? I mean with "good things" (I'm asuming sex is good...from what I've heard) comes responsibility, and if you're not mature enough to take on any responsibility that comes along with this good thing, then you shouldn't be doing it.
I unno if that makes any sense, but I think you'll probably understand what I'm saying..
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 4th, 2005 at 09:20pm
billiejoe13:
I do think we're growing up to fast (girls are). I mean, when I was 8, I was just getting into Green Day, I started piano lessons and I wore baggy clothes. Now a days you see this 8 year old girls walking around in high heals, mini skirts and tanktops and whatever carrying their purses and using their cell phones. I'm almost 14, I don't have a cell phone and I own ONE SHORT SKIRT...and I only wear that when it's so hot out that I can't wear jeans. I also think kids having sex at my age is wrong. I mean, if you get pregnat, your life is screwed. But I guess it's up to the person, but I mean, why can't you just wait? I mean with "good things" (I'm asuming sex is good...from what I've heard) comes responsibility, and if you're not mature enough to take on any responsibility that comes along with this good thing, then you shouldn't be doing it.
I unno if that makes any sense, but I think you'll probably understand what I'm saying..
yes, but not very many people have the kind of sense you do to say, "this may have consiquinces", so are girls doing the dangerous things too early
drewfullerfan
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
drewfullerfan
July 5th, 2005 at 04:51pm
yes, I think girls are growing up too fast...I'm 14 and people always think it's WEIRD that I don't wear makeup yet...shouldn't that be normal? And also, girls my age and younger are getting pregnant...that is just TOO young...at 14, you can barely take care of yourself without adults (some people might protest this, but think about: you need money to survive. Where do you get money? Adults. It's REALLY hard to find places that hire 14 year olds...there are only two places in my entire city) So anyway, there too young to support themselves, let alone babies...
nat<3gd
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
nat<3gd
July 5th, 2005 at 05:25pm
girls are growing up too fast yes
December Cynic
Geek
December Cynic

Mibba Blog
July 5th, 2005 at 11:36pm
obsessedmonkey:
im 11 years old and girls in my skool wear make-up, in apropreate (sp?) clothes, and bring cell phones 2 skool. do u think thats ok?

Not at all. They're sluts. I'm 12 and I know exactly what and who ur tlkin about, the preps! Their rich parents just spoil them rotten. Are moms r worried about punk grls gettin stoned and bein pregnant, when the truth is, the preps do, not us. They wlk around in sluty clothing and get fucked because of it, and they go to so many parties tht they end up gettin stoned at every1 of em. Seems to me tht all the preps make up all the townies, is tht a coincindence? (i spelled it wrong...)
losers_are_cool
losers_are_cool
July 6th, 2005 at 12:23am
Ok. I don't think wearing makeup is a problem. It depends on [i[how[/i] you wear it that's the problem. If you're 11 and wearing smoky sexy eyes then yeah, that's inappropriate. But if you're just playing up you're natural beauty, that's perfectly acceptable. I think once you're 13 you should be able to be more free with your makeup. You see, I'm trying to not be a hypocrite. Cuz I wear pretty smoky eye shadow too. I love eyeliner and eye shadow.

Clothes are another thing altogether. If you pair slutty, revealing clothes with the smokiness, that (I don't think) is right for school. revealing clothes isn't right for school at all. I think spaghetti straps and short skirts are fine but.....I don't know how to explain it. You just kinda know it when you see it. i have more to say on this but I am fuckin tired so i'm gonna get ready for bed. I might post more later. If not then tomorrow.
Corrupted mind
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Corrupted mind
July 6th, 2005 at 03:35am
Yeah, girls now are really sluty and growing up very fast. They are losing all the fun of being a kid or pre-teen. I dunno why this kind of girls are really into "grown-up" things like make up or even drugs...
Once I went to the house of one of my friends cuz she had this kind of big 'party', but at that time we were like 14 years old, and I went cuz I thought it was gonna be fun. It wasnt funny cuz all you could see were kids drinking not soda but tequila and vodka on the sofa or in the kitchen kissing their girlfriends...I mean, the kissing's not bad nor the drinking but they should do it because they like to not because they want to impress someone. Also some 'bitches' tried to put some make up on me just because they thought "I would look more girlish, like them.". But damn, they look like fucking clowns! Fuck them.
Sylar
Sylar
July 6th, 2005 at 03:46am
Definatly- my country is using 8 year old girls to sell cellphones and computors... Um WTF? It's wrong and inappropriate. Have you noticed how MK and A's fashion label is aimed at the younguns and they have mini skirts, knee high boots and boob tubes. Don't you have to have boobs to wear boob tubes?
nicolalala
Geek
nicolalala
July 6th, 2005 at 09:33am
yes girls are growing up too fast, the government say about getting free contraception n stuff in schools and at the doctors - and then moan when they see that england has the highest teenage pregnancy rate. also with girls wearing make up theres girls that are about 9 or 10 and they go to school wearing make up - i mean whats that about???
Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
July 6th, 2005 at 10:52am
eberneezer_egghead:
obsessedmonkey:
im 11 years old and girls in my skool wear make-up, in apropreate (sp?) clothes, and bring cell phones 2 skool. do u think thats ok?

No. How much make up do they wear though? I wore like mascara and a bit of eyeshadow but nothing more at that age.
It is completely normal here O__o Bringing cell phones to school is extremely normal, everyone has a cellphone here by the age of 12. I had my first cellphone when I was 10 or 11. And girls here wear make-up when they're 10, and there's nothing weird about it. Or maybe it's just the fact that I'm used to it, but it seems to be weird for you.
warning.
warning.
July 6th, 2005 at 11:36am
i dont think having a mobile phone is that bad
i have one so i cant complain coz yea they do come handy when i need my parents but i hate ppl that get a new phone like every month i think thats just stupid
i had a really cheep phone for ages and then i droped it in the mud and it broke so i had to buy a new one but sum girls buy new ones every month thats just a waste of money
blah blah blah
Idiot
blah blah blah
July 6th, 2005 at 12:17pm
uhhhh we drove by this middleskool and this like 11 yr old girl walked by and her shirt barely covered her so called boobs! it was really disgusting, she looked like she was trying to look like Brittney Spears, and then this other girl my age (12) had this wonder bra on at volleyball, i was like wtf? i do think girls are growing up to fast, i know im not accountable cuz im still pretty young but i look around and all the girls aroud me seem like they are like 10 yrs older then me and its hard on me!.............................ok im done rambling!
Pancake Lizard
Geek
Pancake Lizard
July 6th, 2005 at 02:18pm
No!It is not the girls, it is their parents.
I am so dissapointed to come to school and see all of these girls and guys dressed to the debit master cards treat.
these families clearly are not stable if these kids can get their ways.It is a terrible thing to see.
boytoy13
Geek
boytoy13
July 8th, 2005 at 06:04pm
its so disgusting! girls get their ideas from tv...it's sad that they are growing up so fast. when i was younger i didn't watch much tv. i read books, and did ballet. the music that kids listen to is terrible too.
no_one
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
no_one
July 8th, 2005 at 08:12pm
i think some of u r over-reacting to the whole cellphone thing. i've got 1 and i'm 15, but i don't whip it out to show off in front of boys or whatever. i like having a phone because it means i can text my friend during school to check how she's dealing with her mum's brain tumor situation.
and yeah, i do have a problem with little girls dressing like ho's, but i don't judge them until i know them. girls will always be girls, doing stuff that makes them feel pretty. sometimes they take it too far, but i think the media and sometimes incompetent parents are to blame.
it's not just girls. where i come from all the guys (any age) want to be gangstas. they backchat to teachers and say 'fuck' left and right. it's 'cool' to get sent to the principal's office now, and definitely not when you get good grades. so yeah, all kids are growing up too fast.
suicidalbunny*
Idiot
suicidalbunny*
July 10th, 2005 at 07:33am
i think its ridiculous, my friend has a book called the 'beauty bible' n its all about make-up and anti-aging creams that she cant afford anyway.

the mobile fone thing, ok, i hav had 3 in 2 years BUT WAIT. Shocked there is an explanation... Very Happy

1st one i gave to my mum wen my uncle got a free upgrade and gave me his previous one, 2nd one i dropped in cleaning fluid... it still workd but then it fell in the sea, never to be seen again.

my new one hasnt had any credit since christmas, but im not trying to explain myself im just saying that ppl can live without makeup and mobiles

i wear clear mascara wen i feel like it and that isnt very often
Angelstars
Geek
Angelstars
July 10th, 2005 at 05:47pm
I know a girl who is 12 , she lives near me and since she was 6 she has walked to and from school on her own and had her own key. Don't know where her mother was, I heard she works but this kid was so into babies she always turned up on peoples doors and offered to take out their babies for walks, think she liked pushing prams. Now she's 12 and desperately trying to get pregnant, she dresses in slutty type clothes but without her mum around I think it's a shame she missed out on being a kid.
Register