Stereotypes, social groups & discrimination.

AuthorMessage
*DoWn_WiTh_JeLly_FiSh*
Geek
*DoWn_WiTh_JeLly_FiSh*
November 29th, 2005 at 01:52pm
yer labes suck u r what u r! and yer i do get called buy the way i dress and the music im in too , but they're thoughts dont matter to me
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
November 29th, 2005 at 10:10pm
tres_stalker_77:
Most people at my school really don't understad the diffent social groups.They think if you wear black t shirts that your goth or alternative.And they assume if you don't have a boyfriend then your a dork/geek/nerd.Also if you get A's in school they take atvantage of you by doing a project but you have to do all the work.

in our skool they don't think you a nerd if u dont have a boyfriend. but ya the smart thing is true. if youre really smart people take advantage of you.. its only natural. thats why i prefer being stupid Smile
Baguelle
King For A Couple Of Days
Baguelle
December 3rd, 2005 at 05:54pm
I don't get along with some other groups nor do I understand them, but, they don't unerstand mine so, it's all good. We're all going to fight and the people who "hate labels and think they suck", well, I think that's a group too.
Baguelle
Baguelle
December 3rd, 2005 at 05:55pm
Wait, if labels suck (and I might be wrong, you might have it for another reason)then what's with your name, *PuNk_In_DrUbLiC*? Confused
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
December 3rd, 2005 at 05:57pm
Basket*Case:
Wait, if labels suck (and I might be wrong, you might have it for another reason)then what's with your name, *PuNk_In_DrUbLiC*? Confused

Isn't that an album or something by NOFX..? I'm not sure Confused
well.durr__hXc™
well.durr__hXc™
December 11th, 2005 at 02:58am
Discrimination isn't very nice. And labels are for soup cans. Why should we be labeled a goth/emo/punk/nerd etc. when it wouldn't make a difference?

Discrimination revolves around labels which revolves around social groups.
geekoll
Geek
geekoll
December 11th, 2005 at 01:49pm
I don't hate all chavs. Some people look like chavs but when you get to know them you realise they are not. I have a few friends like that. A lot of people in my year wear sports clothes and tracksuits but aren't chavs. It's kinda strange.

All the real chavs and then emo/punk kinda keep in their groups and don't mix. They each join friends with all the other members of their 'groupings' throughout the school.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 11th, 2005 at 01:55pm
Basket*Case:

Punk In Drublic is an album, she isn't saying she's Punk.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
December 12th, 2005 at 03:48pm
Basket*Case:

Hah, I love your pic Very Happy
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
December 12th, 2005 at 10:23pm
i think too many people at my school just look at punks and start saying crap about them just because they wear tight pants or something you know Boohoo
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
December 12th, 2005 at 10:35pm
the other day when coming back from p.e i got trippied just cause they didn't like the way i am another eason why school suck so much discrimination they're ya know
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
December 12th, 2005 at 10:37pm
It's funny how many people on here say they hate labels and then go around using "punk", "chav", "prep", ect. And those aren't the only labels. Labels are describing words. You can label someone by calling them white or black or asian. It's describing them. People belong to those racial groups. Or even American, French, Canadian, English, Dutch, Italian, South Afrian, Egyptian, Saudi Arabian, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Korean. THEY'RE ALL LABELS. Just because you guys take offense everytime someone calls you "goth" because you wear all black and listen to music about blood and death and vampires doesn't mean that all labels are stupid.
neil patrick harris.
Jackass
neil patrick harris.

Blog
December 12th, 2005 at 11:58pm
today at school i wore my green day shirt. a bunch of people [who you would classify into the skater stereotype, i guess i'm not big on stereotypes] came up to me and called me a poser. I ignored them, but they kept carrying it on and on. One even grabbed my hand and stared down my fingernails because they were painted black. They asked me if my mom did my eyeliner. I was near tears, they were really making me mad. I finally just said "You don't know a damn thing about me, so how the hell would you know, asshole" They laughed at me and when I wasn't looking wrote "I need to get fucked, I'm emo" over my binder.
well.durr__hXc™
well.durr__hXc™
December 13th, 2005 at 12:06am
fancy pants:
It's funny how many people on here say they hate labels and then go around using "punk", "chav", "prep", ect. And those aren't the only labels. Labels are describing words. You can label someone by calling them white or black or asian. It's describing them. People belong to those racial groups. Or even American, French, Canadian, English, Dutch, Italian, South Afrian, Egyptian, Saudi Arabian, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Korean. THEY'RE ALL LABELS. Just because you guys take offense everytime someone calls you "goth" because you wear all black and listen to music about blood and death and vampires doesn't mean that all labels are stupid.

I've been trying to tell people that for over a year... Rolling Eyes
stilinski
stilinski

Blog
December 13th, 2005 at 08:56am
fancy pants:

Amen to that.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 13th, 2005 at 12:28pm
fancy pants:

Well FUCKING said pants!
*DoWn_WiTh_JeLly_FiSh*
Geek
*DoWn_WiTh_JeLly_FiSh*
December 13th, 2005 at 02:47pm
i get spat on , just for walking past people , because im a punk, now thats not right
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 13th, 2005 at 03:37pm
I couldn't care less about labels, call me what you wish, and I shall call you what I wish. Very Happy
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 13th, 2005 at 03:39pm
*DoWn_WiTh_JeLly_FiSh*:
i get spat on , just for walking past people , because im a punk, now thats not right

And as you said on the previous page..

*DoWn_WiTh_JeLly_FiSh*:
yer labes suck u r what u r! and yer i do get called buy the way i dress and the music im in too , but they're thoughts dont matter to me

Laughing
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
December 13th, 2005 at 03:43pm
i got spat on because i had a backpack for school Rolling Eyes

my friend got all her clothes, shoes, make up, and jewerlly taken away from her today because her parents didnt like the way she dresses. they locked it all in their room and threatened to rip and burn it when she spent her own money on it.
Register