Stereotypes, social groups & discrimination.

AuthorMessage
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 16th, 2005 at 08:18pm
† Fuck The Mainstream †:
s0dapop_and_ritalin:
Flaming Phalanges!:
Well...a group of ten chavs waited for me outside tesco at lunch time just so they could throw 2 litre bottles of coke at me as I walked back to school...and it was cos I am the red haired goth. Cool

what is a chav?? we dont have that here.

Um...How to explain a chav?? Laughing

Chavs

Chavettes

Absolute Scum

so they are people who party a lot?
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
October 16th, 2005 at 08:22pm
Um...they tend to beat people up, steal things, have babies when they're like 13, the girls wear waay too much foundation [they look orange], talk in aggressives tones, if anyone looks at them they're just like "what the fuck are you looking at!?!", they can't spell on the internet, they tend to be thick, they all seem to have nig ears, the guys have shaved hair and just see women as objects, and the girls all seem to have blonde hair, big tits and see guys ass objects, they sleep around, they listen to dance, hip hop, rap and r 'n' b music, and they're all a bunch of conformists

Hope that clears it up.
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 16th, 2005 at 08:25pm
wow they seem like really stOopit people Razz ewww i dont like them.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
October 16th, 2005 at 08:26pm
Neither does anyone else on these boards.
October
Geek
October
October 16th, 2005 at 08:32pm
s0dapop_and_ritalin:
October:
<Prepares the Flame Shield> <takes a big breath>
Lables are a blessing and a curse.
They're a blessing because sometimes you feel lost and have no common ground with anyone, and you become distant. I definintally know how it feels to not know who I am... anyway, to an extent. Labels also help you find people like you. If everyone was different, it'd be harder to scope out a person like you to be your friend.
They're a curse because sometimes people take it overboard. Damn preps.
They use labels as a way to place people in order of least to greatest, when in reality, all labels are equal.
At my school, the damn preps decided it goes like this:
1: Damn Preps
2: Leeches (The funny people who hang around the cool people to feel good about themselves)
3: The Stupid Punks who make friends with the Preps
4: The Hippies
5: Mutts (People who are friends with ANYBODY)
6: Goths (Includes the Emos)
7: Dorks
8: People who have disorders (Mental and Physical, it's really sad)
<sigh> It pains me to know all this, but my twin brother is a prep and I have this 'inside info' that's all pure shit.

Anyway...I've began thinking a while back that maybe there should be more...indepth labels. Like Subcatagories.
Me, for instance, is a Punk->Emo->Nerd.
And to all the people who say that labels suck and stuff...I agree and disagree. Labels are here to stay and if Hollywood gets bigger, Labels get bigger. I just wish the damn preps would realize that
"All Labels are Created Equal"

thats sick. why wud u put mentally and physically disabled people in a social group. it is not their style or their ay of being as in the other groups (ie. dork, prep, goth, whatever). they were born with it. thats not fair.

Exactly!!
It's disguesting but it happens! I also find it terrible.
Just like what "Smoothed out Slappy Dog" said.
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
October 18th, 2005 at 05:50pm
I hate it when 'chavs' label other people goths even if they're not. I mean...it's like...a normal girl....who wears like...I don't know...a normal t-shirt with some jeans. She isn't a 'chav' or a 'goth' but she gets labelled a goth because she isn't a chav. And alot of people get beaten up because they're not a chav. I get sick of my brother who labels people goths all the time! Like...a normal girl wears eyeliner...my brother comes along. BAM! She's suddenly a goth. He even labelled Adrienne a goth...and said she was third world ugly. And he says he's not a chav, he's a skater.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 18th, 2005 at 05:54pm
† Fuck The Mainstream †:
Um...they tend to beat people up, steal things, have babies when they're like 13, the girls wear waay too much foundation [they look orange], talk in aggressives tones, if anyone looks at them they're just like "what the fuck are you looking at!?!", they can't spell on the internet, they tend to be thick, they all seem to have nig ears, the guys have shaved hair and just see women as objects, and the girls all seem to have blonde hair, big tits and see guys ass objects, they sleep around, they listen to dance, hip hop, rap and r 'n' b music, and they're all a bunch of conformists

Hope that clears it up.

And the sad thing is...if a 'chav' read that right now...they would think it's cool.
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 18th, 2005 at 11:37pm
*Blue Star*:
I hate it when 'chavs' label other people goths even if they're not. I mean...it's like...a normal girl....who wears like...I don't know...a normal t-shirt with some jeans. She isn't a 'chav' or a 'goth' but she gets labelled a goth because she isn't a chav. And alot of people get beaten up because they're not a chav. I get sick of my brother who labels people goths all the time! Like...a normal girl wears eyeliner...my brother comes along. BAM! She's suddenly a goth. He even labelled Adrienne a goth...and said she was third world ugly. And he says he's not a chav, he's a skater.

adrienne billies wife?
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
October 19th, 2005 at 12:44pm
*Blue Star*:
† Fuck The Mainstream †:

Hope that clears it up.

And the sad thing is...if a 'chav' read that right now...they would think it's cool.

lmfao lmfao
Smoothed_Out_Slappy_Dog
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Smoothed_Out_Slappy_Dog
October 19th, 2005 at 08:43pm
So Apparently the NBA wants to institute a dress code for players. Apparently, that is racist beyond a doubt, according to Stephen Jackson. Mind you this is the same person who followed Ron Artest into the crowd and started slugging fans. He said that the brawl was incited by racism, too. Sorry Mr Jackson, i am sorry, not every "crime" is a hate crime.
...Now that that is out of my system...
Why do we have to label a coach a minority coach? it's apparent that a man is black, white, asian, Hispanic, etc, so do they need a title to tell us. In doing this, you unlevel the playing field. You here things all the time like "Well, his team is 1-10 right now, but isn't it great we have minority coaches in the NFL?" If you are a coach, you are COACH. nothing more, nothing less. If you don't get the job done, you should be fired.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 20th, 2005 at 04:16pm
s0dapop_and_ritalin:
*Blue Star*:

adrienne billies wife?

Yeah...Billie's wife.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 20th, 2005 at 04:16pm
Smoothed_Out_Slappy_Dog:
So Apparently the NBA wants to institute a dress code for players. Apparently, that is racist beyond a doubt, according to Stephen Jackson. Mind you this is the same person who followed Ron Artest into the crowd and started slugging fans. He said that the brawl was incited by racism, too. Sorry Mr Jackson, i am sorry, not every "crime" is a hate crime.
...Now that that is out of my system...
Why do we have to label a coach a minority coach? it's apparent that a man is black, white, asian, Hispanic, etc, so do they need a title to tell us. In doing this, you unlevel the playing field. You here things all the time like "Well, his team is 1-10 right now, but isn't it great we have minority coaches in the NFL?" If you are a coach, you are COACH. nothing more, nothing less. If you don't get the job done, you should be fired.

I didn't understand a word of that...maybe I'm just stupid...?
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 20th, 2005 at 09:26pm
ya me neither O_o
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 21st, 2005 at 04:46pm
Maybe that person was speaking in the wrong topic by accident? :S
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 21st, 2005 at 05:30pm
*Blue Star*:
Maybe that person was speaking in the wrong topic by accident? :S

lmao. who knows.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 21st, 2005 at 05:45pm
Hmmm..no-one..apart from that person lol.
Smoothed_Out_Slappy_Dog
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Smoothed_Out_Slappy_Dog
October 21st, 2005 at 07:17pm
*Blue Star*:

The first part of my post was a little rant where i got overly sarcastic because i'm tired of people crying racism whenever something doesn't go there way. Not all african americans do this, just a small group The second part was about my disgust with a head coach who is black, asian, hispanic etc. being classified as a minority coach. It's my belief that a coach, as well as all people, should not be treated any differently because of skin color. Sorry about the confusion, i can be longwinded at times. Wink
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 22nd, 2005 at 03:12pm
Smoothed_Out_Slappy_Dog:
*Blue Star*:

The first part of my post was a little rant where i got overly sarcastic because i'm tired of people crying racism whenever something doesn't go there way. Not all african americans do this, just a small group The second part was about my disgust with a head coach who is black, asian, hispanic etc. being classified as a minority coach. It's my belief that a coach, as well as all people, should not be treated any differently because of skin color. Sorry about the confusion, i can be longwinded at times. Wink

Apology accepted. Wow...I'm so forgiving. but then again, I don't get pissed off easily. Now I get you..eugh..my hand stinks of perfume...YUCK!
banquo
Geek
banquo

Mibba
November 2nd, 2005 at 11:10pm
Im so jealous! I wish i had a label....lol at my school we mostly have preps(girly girl people who think they are better than everyone), a few people who you could call goths or punks or skaters, some average everyday people, and then theres me. i dont fit into a group. im just kind of a loser who likes everyone. if you want my honest opinion, labels suck.

seriously, though, what is a chav?
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
November 3rd, 2005 at 04:00am
well...i like goths, punks n ppl like that cuz they have theirn own taste, they do things their way n so on. but i hate chavs n preps cuz they copy things. as in ok, they like do n think about things that r popular(at the mo). for examble: lets say, green day is popular. "Jenny, u liek GD?" yeah mum, of course". ok, Gd isn't pop anymore, now akon is."jenny , u like GD?, no mum, i depsise em, i love akon". get what i mean?-
Register