Stereotypes, social groups & discrimination.

AuthorMessage
The Duck's Nuts
Falling In Love With The Board
The Duck's Nuts
September 9th, 2005 at 03:39am
*i_love_greenday*:
We didn't really have groups at our old school, except from the 'good looking' and 'bad looking.' Which group you are determines your popularity.
I was in the 'bad looking' group along with my friend. All the 'good looking' people would all hang out together and have loads of friends and all be invited to everyone's parties, where as the B-L group would be unpopular and not be invited to anyone's parties and couldn't hang out with the cool kids.
Also the G-L kids would only go out with good looking people only and not for the personality EG: THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED. IT WAS VERY HURTFUL.
Girl 1: Jack (the new boy at the time) said he thinks Becky's good looking! *giggles*
Boy 1 & 2: Eurgh!
Boy 1: Like if Molly was here he'd be like "defintley!"
Boy 2: I mean, no offence but...
Me: Oh. That's alright. *walks away sadly*

i hate the some people's shallow-ness. majority of the girls in my year level, and in some of the other year levels. they will not go out with a guy inless he's "hot" yet they are not good liking themselves. yet another reason i hate them, their shallow-ness
*-StiLL heRe waiTiNG-*
Jackass
*-StiLL heRe waiTiNG-*
September 9th, 2005 at 04:06am
question_everything:
*i_love_greenday*:
We didn't really have groups at our old school, except from the 'good looking' and 'bad looking.' Which group you are determines your popularity.
I was in the 'bad looking' group along with my friend. All the 'good looking' people would all hang out together and have loads of friends and all be invited to everyone's parties, where as the B-L group would be unpopular and not be invited to anyone's parties and couldn't hang out with the cool kids.
Also the G-L kids would only go out with good looking people only and not for the personality EG: THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED. IT WAS VERY HURTFUL.
Girl 1: Jack (the new boy at the time) said he thinks Becky's good looking! *giggles*
agreed

i hate the some people's shallow-ness. majority of the girls in my year level, and in some of the other year levels. they will not go out with a guy inless he's "hot" yet they are not good liking themselves. yet another reason i hate them, their shallow-ness
The Duck's Nuts
The Duck's Nuts
September 9th, 2005 at 06:23am
*~Lost for Words~*:
question_everything:
*i_love_greenday*:
agreed

Laughing you made it look like i wrote "agreed" heh. i've done that a couple of times. accidentally.
Baguelle
King For A Couple Of Days
Baguelle
September 9th, 2005 at 10:10pm
Well, from what I've learned and experienced, some groups don't like others because the way they all act, the clothes they wear, the music they listen to, even the color they paint their nails. A lot of people would say they are wrong to be in and to socialize with because bad things can happen but from what I've realized, what I've found out is that every person on this damn Earth is in a group. Whether it's all of the kids who go to band class at their school to the people who talk and joke around when they're at work. It's something you can't get away from. I've learned to deal and to most of the time, shut up about what I think because every time I try to say something like "I like to think that I'm in the punk category" I get shot back with a "No! You aren't punk, never have been, never will be!" or a "I hate labels. They suck and I'm going to push my views on you because they're correct and yours aren't." It makes me sick to my stomach that I can't choose what I want to do without a chunk of my confidence blown away. The only reason I don't mind doing these things is because these people are who I belong with. They are so much like me in so many ways. Most of the other groups are exactly what I'm NOT going for. It all makes sense to me and I don't see the harm. Say what you want about who I'm not but just think about who walks away as a bigger person. Not a bigger person in every way but just by difference of opinion and not using it in an idiotic way. Wow, this thing is getting long. Anyways, I don't mind the damn things and I think we should all chill about it.
-End of Speech-
Speechless&Redundant
Geek
Speechless&Redundant
September 10th, 2005 at 12:11am
hehe I think that the different groups are hillarious actually....its like the preps wont hang out with the goths and the skaters and the punks because they dont like the music they listen to and the clothes that they wear...and the skaters, goths and punks dont like the preps for the same reason....so basically everyone is the same but wearing different clothing and listening to different music

I find it quite funny, yet when I bring it up with some of the people I hang out with they attempt to argue with me about it, doesnt work though in the end they start to get it lol

People shouldnt just hang out with one group of people because they look like them, its pretty freakin dumb, yeah I have friends of all different groups, true more punks, goth's, and skaters than preps because I have more in common with them. but still some of the preps can be nice...I just need to convince some of my preppy friends to like actually wear clothes lol, I dont see the point in the tiny skirts and the shirts that show your stomach and almost all of your boobs...its like dude arnt you fucking cold!...anyway yeah im done now Wink
**billie joe's girl**
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
**billie joe's girl**
September 10th, 2005 at 10:22am
I'm totally against labels. I've been bullied in school for ages now because i'm apparently a 'goth' .

GOD WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST GET IT INTO THEIR HEAD THAT LABELING IS 100% WRONG!

anyways yeh as i was saying, my sister is a 'gangsta' (as she likes to call herself and she is labelling constantly and it does my head in. I jus think people should just get on and live with the fact that evryones different and i tink evrything would be better. thats me done now=)
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 10th, 2005 at 01:35pm
me & my friends are just KIDS,
as far as i know.

but my sister says we're 'stoners'
and 'goths'
even though the majority of us don't smoke
and none of us are gothic....

it pisses me off.

and yeah, i have this hatred for preps,
not all of them,
just the slutty preppy girls who act like they're better than me,
for some reason known only to them.
The Duck's Nuts
The Duck's Nuts
September 11th, 2005 at 08:50am
hm. you people abviosuly seem to have the wonrg idea about what a "prep" actually is, so i shall put it in big font, so that you actually notice is:

Prep= someone who attends a prepatory/private school

so do tell me, why do people discriminate against others, just because of the school they go to?
The Duck's Nuts
The Duck's Nuts
September 11th, 2005 at 08:53am
**billie joe's girl**:
I'm totally against labels. I've been bullied in school for ages now because i'm apparently a 'goth' .

anyways yeh as i was saying, my sister is a 'gangsta' (as she likes to call herself and she is labelling constantly and it does my head in. I jus think people should just get on and live with the fact that evryones different and i tink evrything would be better. thats me done now=)

without labels, we'd be screwed. your name is a label, the clothes you wear have labels, the food you eat have labels, what you drink has labels. everything has a god damn label. your computer screen, that you are looking at right now, has a label. the pen you write with has a label. so do tell me, how are labels "100% WRONG!"
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 11th, 2005 at 09:49am
question_everything:
**billie joe's girl**:

without labels, we'd be screwed. your name is a label, the clothes you wear have labels, the food you eat have labels, what you drink has labels. everything has a god damn label. your computer screen, that you are looking at right now, has a label. the pen you write with has a label. so do tell me, how are labels "100% WRONG!"

because those are inanimate objects.
i KNOW that i don't have a brand on my ass that says either:

punkgothskaterprepjockslutstoner

etc. etc.
carrot
Idiot
carrot
September 11th, 2005 at 10:52am
stereotype (in my opinion) is a label someone gives another particular group is somthin or other because they think they know everythin about them....

wow...that could have come out a dictionary...just without so many spellin mistakes

i think "rocker" is a good word...though i dont get called it....."wierdo" is what they call me
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 11th, 2005 at 10:56am
carrot:
stereotype (in my opinion) is a label someone gives another particular group is somthin or other because they think they know everythin about them....

wow...that could have come out a dictionary...just without so many spellin mistakes

i think "rocker" is a good word...though i dont get called it....."wierdo" is what they call me

i like that word too...
rocker.....
i'm gonna name my children that.
rocker, hernia and blubbler.
Very Happy
carrot
Idiot
carrot
September 11th, 2005 at 10:58am
we_found_the_duck:
carrot:

i like that word too...
rocker.....
Very Happy

i know.....it just generalises it ......
"hello fellow rocker"
"wow your a rocker cool!!!"
"where are all the rocker hanging out today"

i dont say these things...but its sounds cool
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 11th, 2005 at 11:07am
carrot:
we_found_the_duck:
carrot:

i like that word too...
rocker.....
Very Happy

"hello fellow rocker"

hee hee.
generalizations = erm...
not quite sure.
carrot
Idiot
carrot
September 11th, 2005 at 11:10am
we_found_the_duck:
carrot:
we_found_the_duck:
carrot:

i like that word too...
rocker.....
Very Happy

"hello fellow rocker"

hee hee.
generalizations = erm...
not quite sure.

generalises...erm....alternative people who like alternative music Confused i hope that sounds right
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 11th, 2005 at 11:20am
alt rockers.

surprising.

but i don't just like one kind of music.
its ALL....
well, MOST,
music.
Baguelle
Baguelle
September 14th, 2005 at 06:26pm
we_found_the_duck:
alt rockers.

surprising.

but i don't just like one kind of music.
its ALL....
well, MOST,
music.
Haha. Same here.
st.jimmy'sgrlfriend
Geek
st.jimmy'sgrlfriend
September 15th, 2005 at 10:43pm
get ready for an A.
preps=boys and girls who are in high fashion and discrimanate others who do not have what they have. cloths, cash, hair. allso people who end up getting a clue or in shit/trailer park.
punks=a group of people who wear rock t-shirt, say there an opinion, and have a perfect since of humor. normaly end up rock stars, great parent, anything they want, or sadly married to white trash.
goths=people who have fallen to a dark personality because a sad event (or sucky ass parents). normally live in black and black everything and impossible to understand humor unless you are one or a punk.
hiphop=a group of people who are normally from a hood or wish they did. anyone can be one. just the only ones worth talking to are the ones who are real. not some little rich.
sluts=girl who feel they are not worth as much as they are so they hang out with bad kids(mostly bad boys).
bad kids=normaly these girls and guy have such bad family stufff. they feel they must do bad things. or if there parent don't give enough love.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 16th, 2005 at 02:56pm
st.jimmy'sgrlfriend:
get ready for an A.
preps=boys and girls who are in high fashion and discrimanate others who do not have what they have. cloths, cash, hair. allso people who end up getting a clue or in shit/trailer park.
punks=a group of people who wear rock t-shirt, say there an opinion, and have a perfect since of humor. normaly end up rock stars, great parent, anything they want, or sadly married to white trash.
goths=people who have fallen to a dark personality because a sad event (or sucky ass parents). normally live in black and black everything and impossible to understand humor unless you are one or a punk.
hiphop=a group of people who are normally from a hood or wish they did. anyone can be one. just the only ones worth talking to are the ones who are real. not some little rich.
sluts=girl who feel they are not worth as much as they are so they hang out with bad kids(mostly bad boys).
bad kids=normaly these girls and guy have such bad family stufff. they feel they must do bad things. or if there parent don't give enough love.

THAT is very good.
color me IMPRESSED.
iDontCareNoMore
Geek
iDontCareNoMore

Mibba
October 1st, 2005 at 03:27pm
Shouldn't we talk about why these types of groups AFFECT people? In my instance, I have social problems, aka Asperger's Syndrome. I never had any friends until the 4th grade, probably because of the social cliques. My dad told me a great thing about cliques and people in general once: People are like flowers. Some flowers can grow just about anywhere, just like some people, who can make friends anywhere they go. Other flowers only grow in one area. Those types of people do not make friends as easily. Also, the flowers that grow everywhere look good from a distance, but not up close. Like a dandelion. You may think it's pretty in a field from afar, but get up close and it's just a weed. Same with people. The people who are very outgoing or popular usually look really nice and glamorous and cool from a distance, but once you know them well enough, they're mean and nasty. And the flowers that are rare are beautiful. Like the people who are shyer, because once you befriend them, you'll have a friend for life.
Register