Stereotypes, social groups & discrimination.

AuthorMessage
The Duck's Nuts
Falling In Love With The Board
The Duck's Nuts
September 4th, 2005 at 05:12am
Capri's pet rock:
Flaming Phalanges!:
Well...a group of ten chavs waited for me outside tesco at lunch time just so they could throw 2 litre bottles of coke at me as I walked back to school...and it was cos I am the red haired goth. Cool

to this day i do not know what chavs are Retard

same
The Duck's Nuts
The Duck's Nuts
September 4th, 2005 at 05:12am
from what i hear of "scene kids" they don't sound good. at all.
lloyd dobler
lloyd dobler
September 4th, 2005 at 05:13am
question_everything:
from what i hear of "scene kids" they don't siund good. at all.

They sound scene.
The Duck's Nuts
The Duck's Nuts
September 4th, 2005 at 05:16am
.Beh:
question_everything:
1. there are no goths left, they died out many years ago
2. there are no punks left
3. preps are poeple who attend a prepatory/private school
4. neds?

i have been called a goth, twice by my brother, for no real reason, and once again, today, by someone else. i have also been called a punk, twice in a few hours, i almost fell off my chair. it took me a very hard time to stop laughing, so wrong were they

What is a nerd, though? *sighs*

Lol. I had like 5 bracelets on one hand and I'm sitting at a desk and Stefan calls me a punk. o.O; I'm like cracking up and I said "Oh, err YEAH! So fucking punk." yeahh. People are misguided.

nerd:
noun: an insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or studying excessively

as for a ned. i gave no idea, unless by neds she meant nerds Confused
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
September 4th, 2005 at 05:17am
i don't see the point in this thread. they make it, we come and post about how much stereotyping sucks blah blah blah.

but it'll always be around
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
September 4th, 2005 at 05:18am
question_everything:
.Beh:
question_everything:
4. neds?

i have been called a goth, twice by my brother, for no real reason, and once again, today, by someone else. i have also been called a punk, twice in a few hours, i almost fell off my chair. it took me a very hard time to stop laughing, so wrong were they

Lol. I had like 5 bracelets on one hand and I'm sitting at a desk and Stefan calls me a punk. o.O; I'm like cracking up and I said "Oh, err YEAH! So fucking punk." yeahh. People are misguided.

nerd:
noun: an insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or studying excessively

lmfao neds. i'm a nerd. though not truly, i don't 'study excessively'. i'm just smart Cool
LittleMiss
Idiot
LittleMiss
September 4th, 2005 at 05:18am
question_everything:
.Beh:
question_everything:
4. neds?

nerd:

sorry, i should have explained. NEDs is what we call chavs up here in scotland - it means Non Educated Delinquent. the kind of people who think they dont need to go to school and who will throw something at anyone who doesnt look like a clone of them.
LittleMiss
Idiot
LittleMiss
September 4th, 2005 at 05:20am
Capri's pet rock:
i don't see the point in this thread. they make it, we come and post about how much stereotyping sucks blah blah blah.

i just want peoples opinions for my study, i didnt mean to bother anyone.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
September 4th, 2005 at 05:23am
LittleMiss:
Capri's pet rock:

i just want peoples opinions for my study, i didnt mean to bother anyone.

i know, i didn't really mean you

there's just been heaps of threads like this b4 yours
The Duck's Nuts
The Duck's Nuts
September 4th, 2005 at 05:23am
LittleMiss:
question_everything:
.Beh:
question_everything:
4. neds?

nerd:

sorry, i should have explained. NEDs is what we call chavs up here in scotland - it means Non Educated Delinquent. the kind of people who think they dont need to go to school and who will throw something at anyone who doesnt look like a clone of them.

ah. i get it now.
lloyd dobler
lloyd dobler
September 4th, 2005 at 05:25am
LittleMiss:
question_everything:
.Beh:
question_everything:
4. neds?

nerd:

Ah. For Australia, that's probably 'sped'. Cos. SPecial EDucation. Yeah.

I'm apparently a nerd. Yeahh. I hate studying. Loathe it.
LittleMiss
Idiot
LittleMiss
September 4th, 2005 at 05:27am
.Beh:
LittleMiss:
question_everything:
.Beh:
question_everything:
4. neds?

nerd:

i get called a goth at school because i dress in black. black and white are the school colours. its retarded.
lloyd dobler
lloyd dobler
September 4th, 2005 at 05:32am
LittleMiss:
.Beh:
LittleMiss:
question_everything:
.Beh:
question_everything:
4. neds?

nerd:

i get called a goth at school because i dress in black. black and white are the school colours. its retarded.

LOL. LOL. LOL. That's so hypocritical.

I get called either a 'punk'/'skater' or a nerd. Yeah. I like to say I'm a "FUCKING SMART SK8RRRRR WHO LYKS PUNK". Not really. I like to say I'm Bam. Which leaves people to believe I'm a skater. Although there's actually a story behind that.
LittleMiss
Idiot
LittleMiss
September 4th, 2005 at 05:38am
i just hate when people think they know you because of how you dress and what you look like. noone can take the time to actually get to KNOW the people they're making fun of.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
September 4th, 2005 at 05:40am
LittleMiss:
i just hate when people think they know you because of how you dress and what you look like. noone can take the time to actually get to KNOW the people they're making fun of.

sad but true. happens all the time. too bad my blonde friend keeps proving she's stupid Wink
LittleMiss
Idiot
LittleMiss
September 4th, 2005 at 05:41am
Capri's pet rock:
LittleMiss:

sad but true. happens all the time. too bad my blonde friend keeps proving she's stupid Wink

Laughing oh well.
The Duck's Nuts
The Duck's Nuts
September 4th, 2005 at 06:02am
my brother called me a goth the first time as i was listening to LP very loudly. oh yeah, they're SUCH heavy metal Rolling Eyes and the otehr time, he turned teh lamp on and the light was in my eye. and i said "ow" heh. my brother doesn't know what goth is or punk for that matter. you'd think a 16 year old would. heh. he called Billie a goth. and he called GD + sp + gc "a bunch of punks" lmfao

i also got called a grep today. whihc apparently is, or so i assume a gothic prep. lmfao i'm only a prep coz of the school i go to. heh. that baord was funny today. and as fir a goth, apparently i wsa acting like one Rolling Eyes
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
September 4th, 2005 at 06:43am
I get called a goth or emo by all the people aty my school.. I'm not one... but it's just because I'm dfferent to them.
It annoys me when people judge people without trying to get to know them first.

I get random people on the street calling me a goth sometimes, it's ridiculous. I get a few people at school not wanting to try and get to know me, because I'm 'weird'. It's just stupid
heywhatnow
heywhatnow

Blog
September 4th, 2005 at 10:12am
i'm called a nerd often, just because i usually know the answers to things
i don't have a problem with it
but for some reason i get along with people in other 'groups'
i mean, i ate lunch with the popular people a few times and they didn't mind
Natalie.
Idiot
Natalie.
September 4th, 2005 at 10:58am
i got called a punk, goth, emo and even a chav once. (I dont think the person hu called me a chav actually knew wot it was tho. lmfao) But i get along wit ppl in other 'groups' too. Theres loadsa chavs in ma class, and i get along wit most of them.
Register