Bullying

AuthorMessage
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 18th, 2006 at 05:25pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Parents are responsiable for their kids actions until they turn 18, so if parents want to censor the game, they have the right to do so. I think kids can be influenced by differnet forms of media, and its up to the parents to know if their kids know the difference between a game and reality. I think this game would just end up turning into a scapegoat for alot of problems. Kids can be horrible, mean people, and you can't blame that on a video game.
I agree. I played Vice City and San Andreas and it didnt make me do violent things at all. If someone gets influenced to do something wrong by books/films/music/games then that is just being plain stupid. I mean common, you torture some kids in school and you blame a video game for it. If you bully someone you do it with your right mind and sence, nothing influences you to do bad things, its just who you are.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
November 18th, 2006 at 06:08pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
-online bully post-

I have to agree. I know someone who was an online bully, if that's what we'll call her/him.

I'm going to keep this person anonomous, though.

Basically, this person took me and my friends for granted, when she/he was upset, and we'd try and give her/him support, she'd/he'd end up yelling at us, abusing us.

She/he fought through the internet and acted as if she/he was top shit, just because the internet is faceless.

She/he would lord it over newbies, as if they were so incredibly stupid because they were new.

She/he abused her power and her friendship ties. "Oh, you can't say that, cause I'm friends with ----" as if she/he could get us banned for pointing out her/his wrong doings.

If she/he thought you were a "teenie" or you didn't really like a band (let's keep in mind that according to her/him, no one could like a band as much as she/he could, and that all band's she/he liked were basically off limits) she/he would have a huge go at you.

Her/his most used phrases were "Eh" and "o_O" and "..........."

She/he would use you, for example she/he was going to a concert, and needed a place to stay. She/he asked my friend, but during another fight/whatever you want to call it, she/he had already informed my friend that "Oh, as if we're going with you Rolling Eyes"

So she/he was going to stay at her house, but not hang out with her o.O

This sound's so petty, but I can't really get into finer details and say exactly how she/he was a "bully", as such without actually saying who she/he was, and I don't really want to get into a fight o.O

Yeah, anyways. So she/he would bitch about this girl, all the time. She/he even had her banned from a board, because apparently this girl was stalking her/him. Or wanted to be exactly like her/him or something.

And then, when she/he had a fight with us, that was pretty much unrepairable, she/he stopped bitching about this girl, and this girl now considers her/he one of her best friends o.O

Yeah, so that's my rant. So many people lord it over other people on the messageboard, like, not just this one, but any one, just because they're not actually talking to the person, they're not scared.

I mean, remember Slappy? He was pretty funny. But then all these people pretended to be just like him, and they weren't funny, they were just plain out offensive. And they didn't care, they enjoyed making people feel like shit, they enjoyed playing on all the bad things in the person's life. I rememer one person, her mother of father had died, I don't know how long ago they had died, it could have been a few years ago, and this SlappyImitator was playing on that, and laughing at them, and it was just really awful ._.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 19th, 2006 at 05:30pm
Coff:
I mean, remember Slappy? He was pretty funny. But then all these people pretended to be just like him, and they weren't funny, they were just plain out offensive. And they didn't care, they enjoyed making people feel like shit, they enjoyed playing on all the bad things in the person's life. I rememer one person, her mother of father had died, I don't know how long ago they had died, it could have been a few years ago, and this SlappyImitator was playing on that, and laughing at them, and it was just really awful ._.

And those folks aren't special. We have an amazing little world here, where people like that get quickly bashed and ousted. In other places (www.student.com) the debate thread is populated by Slappy imitators of the worst nature. I had somebody try to tell me ad hominem attacks were legit forms of debate. Nasty. (Anybody wants to help me clean up the place is welcome...we shall overcome! Lack of mod cooperation is frustrating...)

Basically, bullies suck!
FenderForever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
FenderForever
November 20th, 2006 at 04:40am
bullies are awesome
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
November 20th, 2006 at 04:54am
FenderForever:
bullies are awesome

Any reason why?
billiejoeroxx
Geek
billiejoeroxx
November 20th, 2006 at 08:30am
bullies are horrible. it is really stupid why they make fun of people because others are different......
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 20th, 2006 at 04:04pm
billiejoeroxx:
bullies are horrible. it is really stupid why they make fun of people because others are different......
Bullies dont bully others cause they are different. Yes, that can be one of the reasons, but there are a lot more.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
November 20th, 2006 at 05:22pm
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
Bullies dont bully others cause they are different. Yes, that can be one of the reasons, but there are a lot more.
Yeah, it's one of the reasons. It's why it happened to me. I think it's a very large part of the reason.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 20th, 2006 at 06:06pm
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
billiejoeroxx:

Alot more? Thats the number one reason kids get picked on. Intollerant idiots can't accept anything outside of their social settings of acceptable, and they torment and degrade kids based on something they either have or are lacking. Being different is a very valid reason as to why someone would bully someone else....welcome to highschool pretty much.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 21st, 2006 at 06:04am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
billiejoeroxx:

Alot more? Thats the number one reason kids get picked on. Intollerant idiots can't accept anything outside of their social settings of acceptable, and they torment and degrade kids based on something they either have or are lacking. Being different is a very valid reason as to why someone would bully someone else....welcome to highschool pretty much.
I agree with you, but I think there are more reasons then that one. There was this boy and he wasnt different then the bullies, but they still picked on him everyday. They just didnt seem to like him, but there wasnt no real cause of that. Its just cause they wanted to torture someone everyday and they tought it was funny. Thats just suck.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 21st, 2006 at 05:42pm
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
I agree with you, but I think there are more reasons then that one. There was this boy and he wasnt different then the bullies, but they still picked on him everyday. They just didnt seem to like him, but there wasnt no real cause of that. Its just cause they wanted to torture someone everyday and they tought it was funny. Thats just suck.

What did they do to torture him? If being different isnt the only reason, maybe we should talk about the other reasons as well.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
November 22nd, 2006 at 09:09am
There was this bitch who dumped beef lasagna over my friend who's Hindi in the canteen the other day. So evil. And she also goes around the street in the morning, if I happen to see her, purposely falling over on the Buddhist monks. It's awful, they have to go throught the whole cleansing and enlightenment thingy again. The street cleaners once tried to protest against her being allowed on the street, but they were denied because her dad is in the government, and her sister is the new Miss Thailand.
Arceus
Jackass
Arceus
November 23rd, 2006 at 06:36pm
Bullies pretty much made my life a living hell... so I will hate any bully in any form without compunction. Bullies should be thrown into a pile of shit and forced to eat it.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 24th, 2006 at 04:02pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:

What did they do to torture him? If being different isnt the only reason, maybe we should talk about the other reasons as well.
I dont know. And there was this boy who was always happy and he was always smiling and he made funny joke and others always made fun of him, they thought he was an idiot. Until he passed away this summer. Nobody thinks that anymore...
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
November 24th, 2006 at 07:18pm
Coff:
FenderForever:
bullies are awesome

Any reason why?

bullies are the lowest form of life knocking other peopls self confidence because they feal inaduquate some how. Bullies hsould be put on a desert island and left there to kill each other, oh you know the sort of thing battle royel comes to mind.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
November 25th, 2006 at 01:10am
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
I dont know. And there was this boy who was always happy and he was always smiling and he made funny joke and others always made fun of him, they thought he was an idiot. Until he passed away this summer. Nobody thinks that anymore...

Well all my friends make fun of me, and I'm sure a lot of them think I'm an idiot, why? Because when I do something stupid, instead of getting all embarassed or upset, I laugh at myself. And so they started to think they could make fun of me too, and laugh at me too, and it's getting way out of hand. Prehaps the same thing happened there?

And if you don't know what they did to torture him, how do you know that he was actually bullied?

They don't just pick someone to dislike, there is a reason. And that's because they are different to them. The thing that makes bullies pick on another is the person is different to them.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 26th, 2006 at 06:32am
Coff:

Well all my friends make fun of me, and I'm sure a lot of them think I'm an idiot, why? Because when I do something stupid, instead of getting all embarassed or upset, I laugh at myself. And so they started to think they could make fun of me too, and laugh at me too, and it's getting way out of hand. Prehaps the same thing happened there?

And if you don't know what they did to torture him, how do you know that he was actually bullied?

They don't just pick someone to dislike, there is a reason. And that's because they are different to them. The thing that makes bullies pick on another is the person is different to them.
I know that they bullied him, I said I didnt know why they did it. The boy wasnt different then them and they beat the crap out of him everyday and they make fun of him all the time. He is always sitting with his best friend in class, so they told him that he is gay, but its not like those other guys dont sit together all the time. It just doesnt make sence. You all point at being different as a reason for it, but I think there is more to it then that. Bullies are exactly the kind of people Lucifers Angel said they are. They are stupid people and the joy of torturing others makes them happy. That isnt right and that kind of people stuck to that behavior through their whole life cause they think that they are the coolest and that no one can mess with them because no one even does. People just dont do anything when they see someone getting bullied, and the victim kids they dont fight back, they dont complain, they just get used to it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 26th, 2006 at 02:40pm
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
I know that they bullied him, I said I didnt know why they did it. The boy wasnt different then them and they beat the crap out of him everyday and they make fun of him all the time. He is always sitting with his best friend in class, so they told him that he is gay, but its not like those other guys dont sit together all the time. It just doesnt make sence. You all point at being different as a reason for it, but I think there is more to it then that. Bullies are exactly the kind of people Lucifers Angel said they are. They are stupid people and the joy of torturing others makes them happy. That isnt right and that kind of people stuck to that behavior through their whole life cause they think that they are the coolest and that no one can mess with them because no one even does. People just dont do anything when they see someone getting bullied, and the victim kids they dont fight back, they dont complain, they just get used to it.

Well, would a bully go "haha, what an idiot, you're wearing white socks!!" if they were wearing white socks? No, they pick out stupid things that make them different. Thats what making fun of someone is, picking their character apart. Also, alot of bullies, the majority according to studies, don't think they are the coolest people in the world, they are actually very insecure and compensate for their shortcomings by mocking others.

As for the part about people ignoring bullies, that sadly in most cases is true, but you don't have to be like the majority of people. Anyone can stand up for someone being bullied, it takes small actions by brave individuals to make that a trend, and standing up for the victims of bullies most definitely needs to become trendy.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 26th, 2006 at 02:56pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Well, would a bully go "haha, what an idiot, you're wearing white socks!!" if they were wearing white socks? No, they pick out stupid things that make them different. Thats what making fun of someone is, picking their character apart. Also, alot of bullies, the majority according to studies, don't think they are the coolest people in the world, they are actually very insecure and compensate for their shortcomings by mocking others.

As for the part about people ignoring bullies, that sadly in most cases is true, but you don't have to be like the majority of people. Anyone can stand up for someone being bullied, it takes small actions by brave individuals to make that a trend, and standing up for the victims of bullies most definitely needs to become trendy.
Kids in my school would do that Rolling Eyes I never said they were cool, they are just pretending to be, trying to be tough. The minority of kids would either complain to parents/teachers or stand up for their rights. The minority of them...
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
November 26th, 2006 at 04:35pm
it's nice to see how uncompramisably, horribly, and unfairly oppressive of those who are uncompramisably, horribly, and unfairly oppressive.

It's nice to know you all learned a lesson and are on the right track to where everyone understands this thing so that we can get rid of it.

Keep up the good work, I see a Nobel Peace Prize to the one who can get at people's raw emotions the best without a meditation of logic on this problem.

Sarcasm aside (with the exception of the last paragraph, that was sadly sincere), do you see how this makes you worse than the bullies themselves? You actually understand the problem, but decide to make it worse. They don't understand the problem, and keep it going.

This is why I am overly critical of you. I've lost too many friends over this; I've seen too many other lives destroyed over this. And you are only making it worse.

Your refusal to help and ignorance leading to making the issue worse and harder frusturates me.
Register