Bullying

AuthorMessage
asfarasicanfall93
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
asfarasicanfall93
November 7th, 2005 at 03:09pm
Me and my best mate used to be bullied and it's awful. Bullies are sick people who will do anything just to get a laugh. It got so far with me and my mate that we were threatened with a pen knife. Bullying has got to stop, but we all have to help it to stop.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 7th, 2005 at 03:28pm
Yeah. But how?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 7th, 2005 at 04:09pm
'Bullying' goes on a lot in my school, even if it is only minor. We have a policy for it, The problem is, the teachers take such a strict view on it, that even casual insults or petty bitchiness are blown out of proportion. I suppose its better than having kids beat up all the time, though.
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
November 7th, 2005 at 04:11pm
I used to bully someone.. Rolling Eyes
But she was horrible to me...
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
November 7th, 2005 at 06:27pm
suposovly (sp?) bullying has been so bad at are school that we just had a taslk the other day in lang. class

I get bullied all the time for no appareent reason ..my tatse in music...my weight the list goes on and on
Kitti
Kitti
November 7th, 2005 at 06:43pm
i think we all agree that bullying is bad...
i dont really see where this can go in a discussion direction...maybe thats just me.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
November 7th, 2005 at 10:26pm
Bullying does have to stop, but there's nothing really to debate about it, or even discuss.

But i'll give you a couple of hours to expand your topic.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
November 8th, 2005 at 09:18am
(tryin to keep thread alive) Ok...bullying people for no reason...(the clothes they wear and stuff) is stupid and pointless. People are allowed to be different. It doesn't achieve anything...bullies just feel better when they do it. But there are other things that bullies can do to make themselves feel better instead of calling people names and beating them up because they're different. It makes them look like they can't stand it when other people aren't like them. The kinda bullying I did when I was 8 years old did kind of ahieve something. Some girl was being really horrible to me...she kept annoying me and she would never leave me alone. My friend and I tied her a tree..BINGO! She leaves us alone.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 8th, 2005 at 12:01pm
But what is the REAL reason bullies bully for?

That's what we should be debating. That'll keep the thread unlocked.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 8th, 2005 at 12:11pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:

Well, i think (and i may well be wrong) that Bullies thrive on the feeling of having power. They're often (making an assumption here) fairly insecure about themselves and it makes them feel like they're in controll, and they get a buzz out of doing it. Because they're so insecure the only way they can cover it up is by latching on to an easier target to draw attention away from their insecurities. But i could be wrong, its just my theory.
ahh!ivelostthespacebar
Geek
ahh!ivelostthespacebar
November 8th, 2005 at 12:15pm
i was bullied for a long while and i finally stoped it when they kept stapiling(sp?) me
(yes,stapiling (sp?)
They bullied me because i wasnt like everyone else and had an orange face.
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
November 8th, 2005 at 12:25pm
Maybe we could discuss the best ways to STOP bullying, or help tackle it?

Becuase at my school... they all say to tell someone. But when I was bullied I was too scared to tell anyone, because I would have been called a 'grass' and it would give them more names to call me. I had to deal with it all on my own, so I think we need a new way to help deal with it.

I don't know what though lol.... I didn't get that far.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 8th, 2005 at 12:31pm
rehab~reject:

Becuase at my school... they all say to tell someone. But when I was bullied I was too scared to tell anyone, because I would have been called a 'grass' and it would give them more names to call me. I had to deal with it all on my own, so I think we need a new way to help deal with it.

Yeah, and the thing with the 'Tell a teacher' policy is that some people go to a teacher after the slightest little incident, but its really the only solution, because there are no other alternatives.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
November 8th, 2005 at 12:41pm
bloodraine:
rehab~reject:

Yeah, and the thing with the 'Tell a teacher' policy is that some people go to a teacher after the slightest little incident, but its really the only solution, because there are no other alternatives.

What kind of bullying are we talking about here? I don't know how to stop phyiscal bullying..but bullying as in calling people names...well, I just ignore those.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 8th, 2005 at 12:43pm
I was talking about both. I'd ignore name-calling too, but not as many people are as thick skinned as i am, so i can see why it might upset others.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
November 8th, 2005 at 12:47pm
bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

Well, i think (and i may well be wrong) that Bullies thrive on the feeling of having power. They're often (making an assumption here) fairly insecure about themselves and it makes them feel like they're in controll, and they get a buzz out of doing it. Because they're so insecure the only way they can cover it up is by latching on to an easier target to draw attention away from their insecurities. But i could be wrong, its just my theory.

Yeah..I think that's pretty much it. It could be revenge, because they think they would look tough/cool, because they might like fighting and they take their anger out on someone, because they're jealous, they might find it funny, they hate you or they just like being the ones in control and like to scare people.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
November 8th, 2005 at 12:51pm
bloodraine:
I was talking about both. I'd ignore name-calling too, but not as many people are as thick skinned as i am, so i can see why it might upset others.

True, true. What could help if you're being physically abused is...have someone back you up...? It may make you sound like a coward, needing someone to help you...but it does make a lot of bullies run away. Or hang out in big groups or just avoid that person.
Angelstars
Geek
Angelstars
November 8th, 2005 at 05:25pm
When I was at school I was bullied constantly until I decided not to bother going any more, it was too much. The bullys now don't seem so scary, in fact they have proved that they were insecure and that's why they did it. But that doesn't excuse em at all, they ruined my time at that school and although it's made me a more determined person I do wish it had been different. No one should be victimised because of how they look or what music they like.
obsessedmonkey
Geek
obsessedmonkey
November 8th, 2005 at 05:55pm
bullies are really just sad, they had something wrong in their lives, and they take it out on other people so they don't seem sad...
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
November 8th, 2005 at 11:00pm
i think bullies bully because of the whole insecurity thing.
Or maybe it just makes them feel good to pick on someone
Because the bullies might be getting bullied themselves in theyre neighborhoods or households
The whole telling a teacher thing doesnt work out too often, telling your parents is the same. so what can you really do?
Register