Bullying

AuthorMessage
Matty.
King For A Couple Of Days
Matty.
May 23rd, 2006 at 07:19am
sheepless and redundant:
Viva La Diva:
suposovly (sp?) bullying has been so bad at are school that we just had a taslk the other day in lang. class

I get bullied all the time for no appareent reason ..my tatse in music...my weight the list goes on and on

Perhaps it's your spelling that ticks them off so.

Rofl Clap
blah blah blah
Idiot
blah blah blah
May 23rd, 2006 at 10:12am
Coff:
Magne:
Redundant Girl:
asfarasicanfall93:
Me and my best mate used to be bullied and it's awful. Bullies are sick people who will do anything just to get a laugh. It got so far with me and my mate that we were threatened with a pen knife. Bullying has got to stop, but we all have to help it to stop.

i hate it, and thats horrible,

i kinda feel bad cuz i bully this one kid named Gage, and i dont do much I just cuss him out and hit him alot, but in a wierd way he deseved it cuz he called me a bitchy ass whore Razz

you feel that its ok to hit some one because they call you names? Crying or Very sad Wall

Yeah. If I took revenge on everyone that did stuff to me there would be a massive pile of dead bodies with me wondering where to stash them.

Eye for an eye is immature.

i know im workin om my anger issues trk Sick
blah blah blah
Idiot
blah blah blah
May 23rd, 2006 at 10:13am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Don't Cha?!:
Coff:
Magne:
Redundant Girl:
asfarasicanfall93:
Me and my best mate used to be bullied and it's awful. Bullies are sick people who will do anything just to get a laugh. It got so far with me and my mate that we were threatened with a pen knife. Bullying has got to stop, but we all have to help it to stop.

i hate it, and thats horrible,

i kinda feel bad cuz i bully this one kid named Gage, and i dont do much I just cuss him out and hit him alot, but in a wierd way he deseved it cuz he called me a bitchy ass whore Razz

you feel that its ok to hit some one because they call you names? Crying or Very sad Wall

Yeah. If I took revenge on everyone that did stuff to me there would be a massive pile of dead bodies with me wondering where to stash them.

Eye for an eye is immature.
"Eye for an Eye and the whole world goes blind"
The whole world isn't all murders, so only those guilty would "go blind"

lol
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 23rd, 2006 at 11:00am
it takes a stronger person to walk away and not fight, which is what these bullys want.
SARAnade
SARAnade
May 23rd, 2006 at 03:36pm
theres a group of girls at school who obviously dont like me very much because they all go out together and then talk about it in front of me and they do subtle BS like that. but my best friend [who likes me, she hangs out with me and calls me and is a real friend] they like her and she likes them but i dont want to lose jen as a friend cause i doubt she'll stay friends with me after i leave the other girls.....anyways what im trying to say, is can someone give me some advice??? im really confused right now....
Her_Infernal_Majesty
Her_Infernal_Majesty
May 24th, 2006 at 04:18pm
I have these two friends Julian and Amy! They're really smart, but totally punk/goth! They're going out and they're really in love. People are always on at them about their relationship cause they're not like everyone else!

It feels like ppl are bulling them cause ppl think that cause they're differnt that they won't and couldn't do what everyone does when they're in love like making out/Sex/cuddling/hand holding. It really pisses me off! cause first of all people were making rumours about them that weren't true like one of the rumours was that he findered her in the changing rooms at some pool. NOT TRUE BY THE WAY.

Ppl that they don't even know come up to them and ask them questions about their relationship (personal questions). This one time a group of about 10 came to them and they even surrounded them cause Amy told them to fuck off. She cried.....She fucking cried and we were powerless to do anything, cause some ppl are retards.

There's no reason for anyone to do that to someone else! There's no reason for anyone to be made to feel like she felt. Someone really needs to eradicate bullying!
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
May 24th, 2006 at 04:21pm
*From my journal*

There's this kid, Kenny, who has been arrsted four times for beating people up. He lives in my town. For some reason, he's got it in for a couple of my brother's friends. From around Halloween onward, he has been periodically seriously hurting Teddy, one of my brother's friends. Once he beat up my brother, Francis, but he wasn't hurt enough to go to the hospital, and just came back with a couple cuts and a black eye. But Teddy, and this other friend, Court, have been really hurt. Blood everywhere, fractured and broken wrists. And today, Kenny got to Court again. Now Court isn't one to cry, but today the tears were really flowing.

Kenny isn't that big or anything, but he has this group of people that always follow him. And he's got this big switch knife. Once he used it on an 11 year old who just happened to see it fall out of his pocket. Getting him arrested doesn't work, he has about 15 people who will extremely hurt anyone who snitched on him.

Kenny's dangerous, and I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
June 14th, 2006 at 03:26pm
I used to get bullied all the time. for everything. the way i talked, the way i looked, the fact that i wasnt that good at PE, because i was smart. They always say 'go to the teacher, they will sort it out', but they cant do ANYTHING! i went to teachers regularly, but it never got any better. they talked to the girls who were doing it, but they dragged me in too, and everyone knew it was me who told coz i was the only one they bullied. It got to a point where the whole school would say mean stuff as i walked past. i started hiding in the cookery room, helping the teacher at lunch to get away from them. it ruined my life completely. to tell the truth, i think the only reason i didnt end up killing myself was coz i moved schools. it dont happen anymore, but its left scars, not physically, but emotionally, and its changed my personality completely, i dont trust anyone anymore, and its completely ruined my life
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 03:32pm
sheepless and redundant:
Viva La Diva:
suposovly (sp?) bullying has been so bad at are school that we just had a taslk the other day in lang. class

I get bullied all the time for no appareent reason ..my tatse in music...my weight the list goes on and on

lmfao
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
July 21st, 2006 at 08:08am
Handguns For Hearts:
sheepless and redundant:
Viva La Diva:

lmfao

good 1, evil, but good
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
July 21st, 2006 at 06:47pm
i get bullied a lot everyday its horrible it makes you want to die and i am normally a happy person theyve wrecked my life i just cry all the time now and i have no friends to talk to cuz no-one will even talk to me cuz their afraid theyll get bullied too its sick it really is its so unfair but theres nothing anyone can really do theres to much of it in the world you can just help a little bit ... if you know someone on your school or anything whos being bullied be their friend even if you get shit for it your real friends will stay your friend i wish i had someone like that
ROSHAMBO
Geek
ROSHAMBO
July 22nd, 2006 at 01:42am
I was bullied everyday in primary school. So I moved away. Nearly everyone gets bullied but it hurts more when you're a kid. Sad
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
July 22nd, 2006 at 07:57am
michaeldirnt:
i get bullied a lot everyday its horrible it makes you want to die and i am normally a happy person theyve wrecked my life i just cry all the time now and i have no friends to talk to cuz no-one will even talk to me cuz their afraid theyll get bullied too its sick it really is its so unfair but theres nothing anyone can really do theres to much of it in the world you can just help a little bit ... if you know someone on your school or anything whos being bullied be their friend even if you get shit for it your real friends will stay your friend i wish i had someone like that

i know how it is, used to get bullied all the time b4 i moved schools. i think if i wasnt such a positive person I'd probably be dead because of it.
SmellOfRegret93
Geek
SmellOfRegret93
September 10th, 2006 at 12:55am
I was bullied a lot in elementary school and into middle school. I was a chubby kid, and I was an easy target. Then I had went on sort of a crash diet in the summer of 7th and 8th grade and when I went back to school, I was the new "pretty, popular girl" and everyone wanted to be my best friend. That just shows how shallow people are.

I'm older now, and I have a lot of friends. Most of them are people who never talked to me before I was "skinny". It sort of makes me feel bad, but they are truly my best friends.
BestCheeseInTown
Geek
BestCheeseInTown
September 10th, 2006 at 01:30am
I got picked on by two kids on the bus a lot last year at my old school. It really is a horrible thing, they've stolen at least two of my CDs and other things amongst those. What was really bad was I would sit right up front by the bus driver and ask him if he could make them stop, be he'd just keep driving and wouldn't pay me any attention. Crying or Very sad

Also, my bus ride was FIVE HOURS LONG and they got off right before me. -_-
Arceus
Jackass
Arceus
September 10th, 2006 at 01:43am
it's fucking stupid invention of the human ego that has changed me forever as I suffered from severe bullying for about 5 years. it's fucked up. the fuckers who do it should have to go through the nights of pain i went through for five years.
Babi Kid Rachy
Babi Kid Rachy
September 10th, 2006 at 05:10am
I've been watching this bullying program, about how many Kids have been in a horrible state because of Bullys.

It is on Nickelodeon.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 18th, 2006 at 10:38am
I'v noticed alot of this thread seems to be centered around face-to-face type bullying, but bullies don't need faces by any means. A bully is anyone who intentionally makes life difficult for another person for their own gain, physical or emotional. Just think how easy that is over the internet, it's almost effortless. I think on message board's, Serial Bullies would be the most common issue that needs dealt with:

"Serial bullies, whose behaviour profile you'll find in full at Bully OnLine, harbour a lot of internal aggression which they direct at others. This may include projection, false criticism and patronising sarcasm whilst contributing nothing of any value."

"People who bully are adept at creating conflict between those who would otherwise pool negative information about them. The method of creating conflict is provocation which bullies delight in because they know they can always coerce at least one person to respond in a manner which can then be distorted and used to further flame and inflame people. And so it goes on. The bully then sits back and gains gratification from seeing others engage in destructive behaviour towards each other."
credit: http://www.bullyonline.org/related/cyber.htm

I think the line I bolded is very important, because the key to dealing with a bully is to not allow them to recieve what they wish to recieve. If they know that you're upset, and you're hurt, you've only fuled their fire, and are encouraging them to torment you. Serial bullies thrive on attention, bad and good. They can't function without it. In previous years, internet harassement wasn't dealt with by laws, it wasn't viewed as a real conflict, but I assure you, talk to anyone who has had to undergo the experience, and they will tell you its terrible. Serial Bully is a broad term though, there are 4 types of Serial Bullies you need to be aware of:The Attention-Seeker, The Wannabe, The Guru and The Sociopath

Attention Seeker- Attention seeking bullies are, just as the name implies, desperate for attention. They have the tendency to be excusitis, which can result in elaborate lies to mislead people. They drown themselves in self pity, and on the contrary, expect others to engulf them in pity as well. They also destroy anything you even attempt to say, helpful or not, in an attempt to make you look as if you're a bad person. It's very unhealthy for you to be caught up in something like this. If someone chooses to use you as their scapegoat for the imaginary problems they create, PLEASE help yourself, and don't do it. Its emotionally stressful, and harmful.

The Wanna be- This type of bully can be very similar to the attention seeker, but in addition to those traits, they want not only pity but respect. They want to feel important as if they are competent for something. They will go to EXTREME lengths to earn respect they don't deserve, and the worst possible thing you can do is give it to them. Its is harmful to you, and to their mental state. They are also easily provoked, meaning any little thing you say can be deformed into something to put them into attack mode. Also, when held accountable for their actions, they can take extreme measures to retaliate, but rarely follow up on these empty threats, if they ever do.

The Guru- Basically, the control freak. They are more the mild aggressive and unpleasant but not to the point of some of the other types of bullies. Often times they have a normal life outside of what you see over the internet, but they compensate for their short comings,blaming others for their inadequacies. This can result in them being very narrow minded and opininated. Unlike the other two, they tend to not go so much for pity, and keep more personal details to themselves, because they don't want any flaws to be visible. They have no people skills, which is what leads them to bullish behavior. They don't know how to communicate positively, so they harm others and communicate negatively.

Sociopath- This bully is mentally insane and often times has mental disorders that can relate to bullying, but yet there are people with the same disorders who don't bully, so it is not an excuse for you to be abused. They "always charming and beguilingly plausible, especially to those who are capable of protecting or enhancing the sociopath's position
excels at deception (this must never be underestimated, but always is) "
The line I bolded is very important, you may feel that all of the abuse and slander they place on you is only a plea for help, but it isn't. By allowing them to do this, you're only hurting them more, and yourself. You will never get any sympathy from a Sociopath, only their disgust. No matter what you're going through, their "life" (actual life, or the one they make up) is always ten times worse. If at any time you're involved with a Sociopath, and you initiate a fight or arguement out of distress, you have just given them what they desire, more gratification.

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARE BEING CYBERBULLIED
Don't EVER engage in any fights they begin. "don't respond, don't interact and don't engage" remember:
"The objectives of bullies are Power, Control, Domination, Subjugation. They get a kick out of seeing you react. It doesn't matter how you react, the fact they've successful provoked a reaction is, to the bully, a sign that their attempt at control have been successful. After that, it's a question of wearing you down. The more your try to explain, negotiate, conciliate, etc the more gratification they obtain from your increasingly desperate attempts to communicate with them. Understand that it is not possible to communicate in a mature adult manner with a disordered individual who's emotionally retarded."

You also need to save any and all abusive messages they send you, MSN conversations, emails, AOL instant messages, or private messages on a message board, save them. You never know how out of hand things can get. You have to understand that bullying is a serious issue and you can get help. You have to be able to see when they are trying to provoke you, and you have to have the self control to not let it bother you, and remain an observer, because the second you say anything to them, you have given in to them and allowed them to gain gratification.

If you are being severely bullied, you have to take action. If its through emails, foward any you get to abuse@isp. They can deal with the bully. Tell your parents, or any trusted adult. Do you realise if your bully is old enough to be tried as an adult, they can be charged with harassement? That results in hefty fines and jail time. If it's on a message board, contact the administrator so that the bully can be dealt with. Check out this site as well, it can be very helpful. You do not have to deal with internet abuse.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 18th, 2006 at 01:43pm
Here's something I'd like to get a discussion going on, and I think it belongs here...

There's a game out (or coming out, i'm not sure) titled "Bully" from Rockstar games, the wonderful people who brought you "Vice City." You play a nasty little sonuvabitch at a prep school, and you go around and...be a bully. This has spread outrage amongst concerned parents with nothing better to be concerned about. The sentiment is that the game will promote bullying in kids by glorifying the role of the bully.

What do you folks think? As always, I think this is a crock. Give us some credit for being able to distinguish between right and wrong in real life, people! I played "Vice City" at a friend's house; neither I nor my friend put on our Hawaiian shirts and proceeded to rip up the commercial district.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 18th, 2006 at 01:47pm
dirtyhippie:
Here's something I'd like to get a discussion going on, and I think it belongs here...

There's a game out (or coming out, i'm not sure) titled "Bully" from Rockstar games, the wonderful people who brought you "Vice City." You play a nasty little sonuvabitch at a prep school, and you go around and...be a bully. This has spread outrage amongst concerned parents with nothing better to be concerned about. The sentiment is that the game will promote bullying in kids by glorifying the role of the bully.

What do you folks think? As always, I think this is a crock. Give us some credit for being able to distinguish between right and wrong in real life, people! I played "Vice City" at a friend's house; neither I nor my friend put on our Hawaiian shirts and proceeded to rip up the commercial district.

Parents are responsiable for their kids actions until they turn 18, so if parents want to censor the game, they have the right to do so. I think kids can be influenced by differnet forms of media, and its up to the parents to know if their kids know the difference between a game and reality. I think this game would just end up turning into a scapegoat for alot of problems. Kids can be horrible, mean people, and you can't blame that on a video game.
Register