Bullying

AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
November 29th, 2006 at 05:25pm
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!:
I need a bit of help with standing up to bullies. My friends and I are sorta the outcast with would seem. I just wish I had a little more guts. That way I could tell them off. But I'm scared.

Is there anyway for me to think without being scared? Some days I don't give a shit butt then others I do.

I know if I said anything their friends would harass me too. But I can't ignore that shit. I really would like help.

do you know what pisses these sort of people of the most, holdinh yur head up high and not letting them see your upset, i know its not nice and in an ideal world it would not happen, my kids had a very hard time at one stage which resulted to us all moving away from our homw town and now when they get bullied allbeit getting called names or having things thrown at them they walk away ad come home and let me deal wiht it and trust me i do, the teachers sort of duck for cover when they see me coming.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 29th, 2006 at 06:31pm
Serena.:
[Joan] Polemic Epidemic:
lyrical_gaah52:
And sometimes it elevates to the level where Colombine-like incidents happen. Point is, it's always going to exist in some tiny sliver. There is no utopia.
Erm, do you mean THEY were bullies or victims? I need some clarification.
I do believe she is referring to the victims.
The victims of being bullied are often driven to seeking revenge, hence Columbine-like incidents.

Well, "victims" could apply to many people on the case of Colombine. The shooters were most defintely victims. I can't even imagine what life would have to be look, to think shooting someone is the answer to your problems. Waking up everyday had to be a chore for them.

Then, you have the kids who went to school with them, who could be considered the ones who bullied them, and are victims of their own ignorance. I gurantee you none of them ever considered that the kids they picked on would rebel so violently.

Then you have those that are dead, they are also victims. "victim" can mean alot.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
November 30th, 2006 at 06:32am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Serena.:
[Joan] Polemic Epidemic:
lyrical_gaah52:
And sometimes it elevates to the level where Colombine-like incidents happen. Point is, it's always going to exist in some tiny sliver. There is no utopia.
Erm, do you mean THEY were bullies or victims? I need some clarification.
I do believe she is referring to the victims.
The victims of being bullied are often driven to seeking revenge, hence Columbine-like incidents.

Well, "victims" could apply to many people on the case of Colombine. The shooters were most defintely victims. I can't even imagine what life would have to be look, to think shooting someone is the answer to your problems. Waking up everyday had to be a chore for them.

Then, you have the kids who went to school with them, who could be considered the ones who bullied them, and are victims of their own ignorance. I gurantee you none of them ever considered that the kids they picked on would rebel so violently.

Then you have those that are dead, they are also victims. "victim" can mean alot.

now be honest havent you ever thought about what life would be like if you killed some one you hated and made your life hell, for a time i went to bed thinking about ways to kill a certain person and get away with it, and then i thought to myself you know thye have to life with themselves.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 30th, 2006 at 01:04pm
Lucifers Angel:

now be honest havent you ever thought about what life would be like if you killed some one you hated and made your life hell, for a time i went to bed thinking about ways to kill a certain person and get away with it, and then i thought to myself you know thye have to life with themselves.

Shocked Christ, what did that have to do with anything I said?
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
November 30th, 2006 at 03:27pm
Lucifers Angel:
I need a bit of help with standing up to bullies. My friends and I are sorta the outcast it would seem. I just wish I had a little more guts. That way I could tell them off. But I'm scared.

Is there anyway for me to think without being scared? Some days I don't give a shit but then others I do.

I know if I said anything their friends would harrass me too. But I can't ignore that shit. I really would like help.

do you know what pisses these sort of people of the most, holdinh yur head up high and not letting them see your upset, i know its not nice and in an ideal world it would not happen, my kids had a very hard time at one stage which resulted to us all moving away from our homw town and now when they get bullied allbeit getting called names or having things thrown at them they walk away ad come home and let me deal wiht it and trust me i do, the teachers sort of duck for cover when they see me coming.

That's a little hard for me. But I don't know. It's just annoying yah know? I just wanna throw something at them. I almost have a few times.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 30th, 2006 at 03:57pm
I need a bit of help with standing up to bullies. My friends and I are sorta the outcast with would seem. I just wish I had a little more guts. That way I could tell them off. But I'm scared.
I have the same problems. I have troubles with these girls, they are really mean to me and I dont know how to fight back, I just ignore them. Thank God its not serious...yet.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
November 30th, 2006 at 09:11pm
I've had a well shit time for all 12 years of my school life. Only in the last year or so did everyone grow up and decide that I was the funny drug addict who hardly came to school.

Not a drug addict, but my hayfever gives me the look of someone who's doped up to their eyeballs.

Tbh, I just sent back any little remarks with twice as much power and truth behind them, and with anything physical I'd just whack them and they'd leave me alone.

Once me and my friend were being threatened bysome boys from my old school and I'd already been egged that evening, so I just phoned the police, went round in the car looking for them, found them and got an apology from them all, and they don't even look me in the eye if I pass them in the street.

It's a marvellous feeling.
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
December 6th, 2006 at 02:40pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
I've had a well shit time for all 12 years of my school life. Only in the last year or so did everyone grow up and decide that I was the funny drug addict who hardly came to school.

Not a drug addict, but my hayfever gives me the look of someone who's doped up to their eyeballs.

Tbh, I just sent back any little remarks with twice as much power and truth behind them, and with anything physical I'd just whack them and they'd leave me alone.

Once me and my friend were being threatened bysome boys from my old school and I'd already been egged that evening, so I just phoned the police, went round in the car looking for them, found them and got an apology from them all, and they don't even look me in the eye if I pass them in the street.

It's a marvellous feeling.

Good job! I think I'll try some of those ideas. Cool
Barbie World
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Barbie World
December 6th, 2006 at 10:55pm
some kids just deserve to be bullyied bcuz they r just so freaky its just funny
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 6th, 2006 at 11:01pm
dont_bother666:

Some kids should deserve to be hit in the head with a dictionary as well, but thats another matter....

Sorry, but who the hell are you to judge who deserves to be bullied, and what physcological disorder do you have that gives you amusement out of others pain. Thats wrong and disturbs me so much, its fucking sick. Do you know what bullying does to people, and don't be so blindly idelastic and assume bullying only happens to kids Rolling Eyes It can happen to anyone, and its wrong. No one has the right to harass another human being for any reason at all, none, it isn't even legal.

getting amusment out of someone elses faults and misfortunes isn't something to be proud of, it means you need some intense therapy.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 7th, 2006 at 03:53am
My post was edited because I made it while full of rage and I'll reply calmly next time and pwn them the nice, civil way.

Pat
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
December 7th, 2006 at 09:10pm
Lucifers Angel:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
dont_bother666:

Some kids should deserve to be hit in the head with a dictionary as well, but thats another matter....

Sorry, but who the hell are you to judge who deserves to be bullied, and what physcological disorder do you have that gives you amusement out of others pain. Thats wrong and disturbs me so much, its fucking sick. Do you know what bullying does to people, and don't be so blindly idelastic and assume bullying only happens to kids Rolling Eyes It can happen to anyone, and its wrong. No one has the right to harass another human being for any reason at all, none, it isn't even legal.

getting amusment out of someone elses faults and misfortunes isn't something to be proud of, it means you need some intense therapy.

this is for Dont_bother_666 you are an idiot, and many other words i cant mention here, i knwo i will probably get hounded for this but i dont care, who the hell are you to say its ok to bully people because they are differant from you? how the hell would you like it if you are hit, spat at, tripped over, every day? bullieing causes illnesses in some children and can cause eating disorders and even death (because they kill them selfs because they cant handle the shit they are getting)

anyway for everyone else reading this i am sorry for ranting like that but that makes me mad, obviously one of the popular kids at school, or just one of these people who like to make people feal bad for the fun of it.
I feel your pain Lucifer, but take the high road, mein freund.
guitars_are_sexy
Geek
guitars_are_sexy
December 18th, 2006 at 07:13pm
i get really mad when i see people getting bullied or picked on. they never did anything to deserve it.
I usually try to make the people stop.
i can be very scary
Kerplunk7654
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Kerplunk7654
December 19th, 2006 at 03:07pm
Bullying=Depression=Suicide

That is what can happen to all of us if people get bullied. If your a bully you could be leading people to commit suicide.

On the other hand.. somtimes bullies bully people because they were bullied or they have a crappy life outside of school and they want to hide it. they hide it by taking out their rage on other people.

But do you know what is as bad as being a bully... being a bystander. A bystander watches people get bullied and doesn't do anything about it. Bystanders could be your best friend, but they shouldn't be. if you are a bystander you could be doing the same thing as a bully. also if your a bystander you should just stop and tell an adult. even if you don't like the kid who is being bullied you should still tell an adult. or else you could be leading kids to the equation above.
Peter Petrelli
Peter Petrelli
December 19th, 2006 at 03:19pm
wildshine_3467:

I don't think there's much point explaining how pathetic and juvenile that is. Because you've got to lack a significant amount of logic to not understand what bullying actually does to people.

I've been bullied ever since I was in primary school. First because I was overweight. Then because I was shy. Later in high school, the weight issue started again, because of the music I listened to, because I looked a little different to everyone else. (I had short hair)

That's only stopped since I've started college. Because all the people who bullied me never got the grades. It says a lot.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 19th, 2006 at 03:56pm
Kerplunk7654:
Bullying=Depression=Suicide

That is what can happen to all of us if people get bullied. If your a bully you could be leading people to commit suicide.

Not everyone who is bullied gets depressed and commits suicide.
Some of us are made of tougher stuff, and not all bullying is that serious anyway. At my school, you can be given detentions for 'bullying' by simply swearing at people. I doubt being told to fuck off, however nastily it is said, will kill the majority of people.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
December 19th, 2006 at 06:29pm
Bloodraine:

Not everyone who is bullied gets depressed and commits suicide.
Some of us are made of tougher stuff, and not all bullying is that serious anyway. At my school, you can be given detentions for 'bullying' by simply swearing at people. I doubt being told to fuck off, however nastily it is said, will kill the majority of people.

Yeah, at my school, bullying is defined as a variety of things, like swearing at people, or even taking a bad tone with them.

Some groups at my school have gone through splits, and have been called into councelling, and had the problem stopped, but I think that's just cause one of the girl's father works at the school.

And then you have other cases where they're bullied and picked on every day and it started to affect their school work and their interactions with others, but the school, even though they're told many times, don't do a thing about it.
Kerplunk7654
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Kerplunk7654
December 19th, 2006 at 07:18pm
well yeah what you guys said is true.

But somtimes if get bullied alot and you just cant take it anymore what do you think happens. my friend had to rehab because she was bullied for so many years. anger builds over years.
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
January 5th, 2007 at 10:30am
At my school its the younger years that are bitchy and bullyish.

My year couldn't give two fucks about anything really, we all tend to get along.

I guess we're not up for drama, pretty much everyone in my year has a shit homelife so they have enough to deal with without being all; rar fuckin' rar at school.

I was bullied from reception to grade three.
When the bullying elevated from verbal to physical and the school still refused to do anything, thats when my parents moved me.

Its sucks ass and has left me with a fairly low opinion of myself.

People tell me that Im loved by a lot of the kids at my school etc etc

but i never believe it.
im a walking after product of bullying.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 5th, 2007 at 12:39pm
I think Colombine happened when I was in sixth grade. A month following, we had this...glut of anti-bullying programs stuffed in our faces. Then in seventh grade for at least three months. Then in eighth grade, only it also included sexual harrasment and stuff. I suppose it helped, but it got annoying at times.

For our annual essay (which is part of the standardized exam), in seventh we got a topic about how some girl was being bullied and we have to write to the school newspaper editor about it. I got an 11/12. *smug* anyhoo, a lot of adults in other school districts (I went to a really good one. we were the nice town) were like "Oh well. you're kid's going to be bullied as an adult so you may as well let him be bullied now. its not my kid's fault." and stuff.

And also, in sixth, we got a pamphlet telling us how to react as a victim or bystander. So one of the victim reactions is :"Firmly look the bully in the eye and say 'Stop it. I don't like what you're doing.'"

And naturally, for the following years, it was quoted constantly. Like, my friend was trying to smuggle a soda out of the caf in my purse and i was like "Stop it. I don't like what you're doing." she rolled her eyes and did it anyway...lmfao

But I was bullied just last year. starting on July 8,2005, I was bullied relentlessly. All the Indian kids made fun of my accent, called me an American Idiot (but that made me smile) and then changed it to American Bitch and Jersey Cow. They imitated me (very poorly) and said things about me in Telugu because they thought I couldn't understand(but I could). When we practiced for Performance Night, they would tell little kids to take my Casio Keyboard and go away and take my lunch and stuff. Even the little kids would mock the way I spoke. Some of the sixth graders still do. They would go through my bag and read my poetry (and I didn't know until the start of this year). They took all my chewing gum and chewed it in my face. They took the batteries out of my CD player and hid them, they scratched up my Warning CD so now the sax bit on Jackass is ruined and so are a few other songs.

They day they tried to hide my Casio along with my bag and lunch, I broke down and cried. I sobbed in the middle of the classroom and pinched myself and stuff. Like, four months after moving across the globe and being mercilessly teased because of things I had no control over, I just snapped. And you know what they did? They told me it was my fault for not mingling.

Assholes. But we all get along fairly well now. There's one asshole who will never stop. His girlfriend and her posse of three talk about me and stuff. Younger kids still make fun of the way I talk. But they're like, 10. Whatever. But what my own classmates made me go through, that can't be fixed. Bad memories of every day of your first year of high school can't be mended so easily.

I was verbally and mentally bullied. And I haven't gotten over some of my prejudices because of that. But I'm alirght. And I know that no one. NO ONE should have to go through that. Ever. Its shit and putting another human being through that is just...its not right.
Register