Pregnant before marriage

AuthorMessage
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
February 1st, 2008 at 10:04pm
Well yes being pregnant before marriage is fine as long as you have the financial aid, stable relationship and enviorment. I think being married kinda has nothing to do with it. A spouse can still run off or want a divorce after it. Being unmarried has its flaws too.

Pretty much you just need to know what your getting into. be ready. and if its unexpected there is plenty you can still do.
caught in a dream
Geek
caught in a dream

Mibba Blog
February 3rd, 2008 at 10:38am
I don't think there is anything wrong with it.
My mother was pregnant with me before getting married.
She isn't married and has my sister. with a different father. Marrige didn't work out for her and my dad.
My dad has other kids and isn't legally married.
I personally don't think it makes a difference.

Marriage isn't always the best thing. For example Johnny Depp who refuses to marry his girlfriend from forever because of his past relationships.
Tulve
Banned
Tulve
February 4th, 2008 at 12:33pm
Well, I don't agree with marriage.

First off, I mean. Sheez. A little paper says that you are married? So, stfu. It's so dumb. I'm not getting married. However, if you are truely in love, and wanting to have kids, it might be a good idea, so that way the guy can't really just up and leave you.

IMHO. You might have other views. Don't attack me for what I think, because you are intitled to your own views.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
February 6th, 2008 at 04:49am
Tulve Fizz:
Well, I don't agree with marriage.

First off, I mean. Sheez. A little paper says that you are married? So, stfu. It's so dumb. I'm not getting married. However, if you are truely in love, and wanting to have kids, it might be a good idea, so that way the guy can't really just up and leave you.

IMHO. You might have other views. Don't attack me for what I think, because you are intitled to your own views.

Pat

The guy can leave you whether you're married or not.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 6th, 2008 at 09:07am
People like the officiality of marriage. The legallity of it makes the union between the couple much stronger, because there are forms and papers and legally binding documents. Humans like to order and classify things, and it's harder for people to disturb order than no disturb a non-legally recognised union. It's in our nature, unfortunate though it may seem.
Diana_a7x
Geek
Diana_a7x

Blog
February 6th, 2008 at 01:10pm
lozzers_r_US!!:
She isn't married and has my sister. with a different father. Marrige didn't work out for her and my dad.

Marriage isn't always the best thing. For example Johnny Depp who refuses to marry his girlfriend from forever because of his past relationships.

Is your father a bigamist?
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
February 6th, 2008 at 04:35pm
Diana_a7x:
lozzers_r_US!!:

Is your father a bigamist?

I think she meant her mother got her with her ex-husband.
Then they divorced and she got another daughter with someone else.
And her ex-husband got other kids with a different woman.
jhuiyu876
King For A Couple Of Days
jhuiyu876

Mibba
February 6th, 2008 at 07:44pm
Progetto sull'ottenere incinto prima dell'unione… (I plan on getting pregnent before marriage...)
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
February 7th, 2008 at 01:40am
i dont intend on getting married before i'm 30 lol, with only one exception, really. And i personally dont want any kids of my own flesh and blood, would be nice, but i think there are way too many people on this planet already, and i believe its much better to give a home to a child/children who have no family, than to let a few more mammals loose on this earth lol. But yah, i dont think it makes much difference whether you're married and pregnant or unmarried and pregnant, the ending result is the same, really, you get a kid. Although it would be nice having someone beside you, helping take care of the kid, when you'd have to go or smth, who'd help provide and all that, when you yourself can't.
Marriage is so popular, cause it has always been. For thousands of years, people have practiced marriage in one way or another, with different ceremonies and all that, but still marriages. Different cultures have different beliefs and rituals.
Vikki Is Eyeless !
Idiot
Vikki Is Eyeless !

Blog
February 7th, 2008 at 09:06am
Becoming pregnant before you're married is not wrong in my opinion, however having no stable family home, financial structure and a baby in you're stomach is wrong.
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
February 12th, 2008 at 10:30pm
I find absolutely nothing wrong with pregnancy before marriage. As long as the child has a loving, stable home, who cares about whether the parents are married or not? Heck, many married couples who have children are god awful parents. Just because Britney Spears waited until she was married to procreate certainly doesn't make her a good mother.
EvilGiraffe!
Addict
EvilGiraffe!

Blog
February 14th, 2008 at 07:10am
I don't think there's anything wrong with being pregnant before marraige, as long as both parents know what's coming and they're in a stable happy relationship ^_^
schooldropout
Banned
schooldropout

Blog
March 3rd, 2008 at 03:15pm
Getting married means nothing, It's oonly a ring and a piece of paper
droid.
droid.

Mibba
March 3rd, 2008 at 03:26pm
The only difference between being married, and not being married is a signed paper, and rings that you could wear even if you weren't married. The amount of love you have for that person doesn't change just because of a piece of paper.

I think that if you want to have a child, it doesn't matter if you're married or not. The only thing that matters is whether or not you can actually take care of the child.
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
March 3rd, 2008 at 11:35pm
It's more than just a piece of paper and a ring. At least in the United States, married couples have different rights than an unmarried couple. That's a big reason why gay marriage is such a huge issue. The government offers civil unions as an alternative but a civil union doesn't give couples the same rights as getting married does.

Anyway.. I don't have a problem with someone having a baby without being married. As long as they can financially, mentally and physically take care of their child.
droid.
droid.

Mibba
March 4th, 2008 at 12:01am
fancy pants:
It's more than just a piece of paper and a ring. At least in the United States, married couples have different rights than an unmarried couple. That's a big reason why gay marriage is such a huge issue. The government offers civil unions as an alternative but a civil union doesn't give couples the same rights as getting married does.

Anyway.. I don't have a problem with someone having a baby without being married. As long as they can financially, mentally and physically take care of their child.

As far as I know, being unmarried or being married is the same thing here.

And if you're together for long enough, you're considered to be a married couple anyway.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 4th, 2008 at 11:04am
Flash Photography:
As far as I know, being unmarried or being married is the same thing here.

And if you're together for long enough, you're considered to be a married couple anyway.
So many people forget this, in many religions, marriage is the union of two people before God/blessed by gods/blessed by family/etc. Not at all just official papers and perhaps some rings, those are only material representations of the institution of marriage. The actual marriage itself it utterly full of meaning and symbolic. How many women say that their wedding day(s) is the happiest day of their life? I don't know why people try to dismiss the spiritual part of marriage as if it means nothing. If it truly meant nothing, no one would actually get married.

Speaking of which, I have this funny friend. Little Indian bloke, he's going to meet his wife soon in an arranged marriage, who was chosen by his grandmother. He's only eighteen, and of course we all tease him about it, and he knows that we find it a little archaic maybe, and amusing because so, but he's able to laugh at it as well. We ask him how much the dowry is going to be, and if he's seen her picture, and to be the ring bearer or whatever at his wedding, but he says he's completely ready for whatever the wedding demands from him. He's devouted to his family and though he does have the opportunity to decline the arrangement if he wishes, he really believes that marriage is a special part of life, to which he'd like to honour his family in. That takes dedication to more than just buying a ring and signing some papers.

My parents, if they had thought that marriage was not special in anyway, they wouldn't have gotten married four times...in one day. Buddhist, Chinese, Catholic, and then private wedding ceremonies. And my parents aren't idiots, they just wanted to symbolically show their union in like every way possible and my mother is part Chinese and a Buddhist, and my dad...well he's protestant, but the protestant church wasn't available for weddings that day and they wanted them all in one day.
schooldropout
Banned
schooldropout

Blog
March 12th, 2008 at 03:18pm
Happiest day of your life? Ok, my mum said that when she married my step dad and my dad, regretted both of them.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 14th, 2008 at 09:27am
schooldropout:
Happiest day of your life? Ok, my mum said that when she married my step dad and my dad, regretted both of them.
When did she regret it, though? I don't think it was on the day of the wedding. She may have regretted the actual marriage, but she cannot possibly deny then that at least she was happy on her wedding day.

If she wasn't happy then your mother must have had a forced wedding, because no emancipated woman would put herself through such a scenario.
wish.i.was.dave
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
wish.i.was.dave
March 14th, 2008 at 04:57pm
depends on if u luv the person, and if u even believe in marrage(:
Register