Pregnant before marriage

AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 5th, 2007 at 10:56am
rehabreject:
I honestly don't understand why a couple wouldn't want to get married if they're planning on having kids.
Is there some financial or emotional advantage or something?

I've just always thought that marriage is naturally the first step towards building a strong, stable family enviroment Think

Are we talking the religious or legal kind of 'married'?

I don't even want to get married, simply for the fact that divorce is horrible and I don't practice any religion, and marriage comes from religion, legal or not. I don't need a piece of paper to tell me I love someone either, or that Im ready to have kids. Marriage just isn't for everyone.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 5th, 2007 at 11:00am
If having kids was a bigger deal than getting married, why get married at all? What's better than a slip of peper declaring your faith to one another than a new life which you both made out of your love for eachother and whom you can share your love with.

Of course, if only all children were born into that situation.
Peter Petrelli
King For A Couple Of Days
Peter Petrelli
April 6th, 2007 at 03:11pm
I think if you've been in a long term relationship for a long time, plan to marry and have kids, I think that having kids first would be a really good option - at least, in my opinion. I'd love for my own children to be at my wedding. Because I personally think that marriage should be about celebrating with family, rather than the possibility that you might start one.

Yeah, I know, it isn't practical for everyone, because there's a good chance that people would split up before they were married, enter custody issues, etc... but that be my ideal situation personally, to have my children at my wedding.
Bones
Falling In Love With The Board
Bones

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 12:29am
whores
clark
GSBitch
clark
April 15th, 2007 at 12:52am
Be Your Own Pet!:
whores
Are you trying to be funny with all of this?

Excuse me but my mum was pregnant with me before she got married, so if I were you I'd shut your fucking mouth.
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 12:56am
bastard child

i was just kidding take a chill, my niece was born before my brother and sister in law were married, i really couldnt give a shit, i dont believe in marriage anway
clark
GSBitch
clark
April 15th, 2007 at 12:58am
Be Your Own Pet!:
i was just kidding
Then don't post shit like that.
Vanity
Vanity
April 15th, 2007 at 01:01am
Be Your Own Pet!:
whores

I'm pregnant. I'm not married. And I've only ever been intimate with two men since I started being sexually active.
Does that make me a whore?
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 02:14am
like i said, i was only joking and like i said i really dont care if u get pregnant before marriage because i dont believe in it
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 02:15am
marriage that is
SugarGreen
SugarGreen
April 15th, 2007 at 05:23am
® Billie Joe:
*le sigh* Marriage. What makes marriage so special? All it is really is a piece of paper entitling you to certain rights for another person. It means nothing. Love should be a reason people decied to have a child, not a piece of paper.

hear hear!
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
April 15th, 2007 at 06:13am
Quick question, are we talking about accidental pregnancies or actually planning to have kids without marriage?

I can't tell who's arguing what. Confused
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
April 16th, 2007 at 04:39am
rehabreject:
Quick question, are we talking about accidental pregnancies or actually planning to have kids without marriage?

I can't tell who's arguing what. Confused

i supose both, when i started this thread I based it around my sister, who claims it was planned but we all know it was unexpected - atleast on her ex-husbands behalf.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
April 16th, 2007 at 11:27am
Those who plan kids before marriage or decide that marriage is for losers or whatever are probably the people who plan to live together and be married without an actual ceritifcate. People who act married, who share a bed and make dinner for each other and take turns driving Junior to soccer games. It's good for the kid, with or without a certificate, to live like that with parents who love each other. And in a relationship like that, a child can often strengthen the bond.

Those who end up knocked up underneath the bleachers or something...well, I think some sort of financial aid should be offered to mothers whose partner left them during the pregnancy or if the mother and father were still in school at the time of pregnancy. Then, once one of the parents gets a stable job, the aid can stop and they can support the kid and each other without the government's help.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 16th, 2007 at 12:13pm
Eternity Ragnarok:
® Billie Joe:
*le sigh* Marriage. What makes marriage so special? All it is really is a piece of paper entitling you to certain rights for another person. It means nothing. Love should be a reason people decied to have a child, not a piece of paper.

hear hear!

i was pregnant when i got married! and i believe (for me) that the children being bought into a world with a married mum and was the best (for them) but if anyone wants to have children adn not get married then thats good!! being married doesnt affect your ability on being a good mum or dad, it just made it easier for me and my husband because his family were very religious, we havent got the children baptised or chrostened and we never will, but if your a good mum then why not have the child before wedding
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 17th, 2007 at 05:30am
My parents got married after I was born. Sure I was only one, but it was still cool, being a witness to my parent's marriage.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
April 17th, 2007 at 11:37am
That's cute. You got to be in the wedding pictures!
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 17th, 2007 at 12:45pm
lyrical_mess:
That's cute. You got to be in the wedding pictures!
I am! I was a bit mischiveous though, I was running around the entire time my parents were saying their vows. I have pictures of that too. I'm pretty sure there is one where I'm tugging at the priest's robes.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
April 17th, 2007 at 01:36pm
Priest: And now, will you please exchange--

Anji: Look mommy! *tugs* The funny man is wearing a dress!
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 17th, 2007 at 02:36pm
lyrical_mess:
Priest: And now, will you please exchange--

Anji: Look mommy! *tugs* The funny man is wearing a dress!
I could imagine. Can't really remember. tehe

OK, serious face now... Mad
Register