Pregnant before marriage

AuthorMessage
Sylar
Falling In Love With The Board
Sylar
July 31st, 2006 at 07:26am
Rockaholic380:
It's kind of weird. If you get pregnant before you marry, there's not much else to look forward to when you get married, because you've already started a family. When you get married, you look forward to starting a family, getting a good job, and living your life to the fullest with the one you love. People nowadays are doing all those things without getting married, so after they do those, what's the point of even getting married?

Except, y'know, giving your love to the one you love in a beautiful ceremony with family and friends and witnesses. Utter devotion on both sides. Being able to look forward to spending the rest of your life with them. Maybe seeing another side of them that you haven't yet.

Yeah, I agree. Not much Rolling Eyes
Remarkable Rocket
Falling In Love With The Board
Remarkable Rocket
July 31st, 2006 at 11:29am
What Ashlea said.

If you get pregnant before you marry.. well WHOOPS.. Mistake. But you'll still be getting married... The kid will still have two loving parents.
tAcOs!-Jay
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
tAcOs!-Jay
August 1st, 2006 at 01:11pm
i dont really care...its their life...its their fault if they screw it up.....u just hate when they complain bout it not hteir fault...ur the one who had sex!!!!!.......RETARD!!!!!!
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
August 1st, 2006 at 01:14pm
Skater boi:
i dont really care...its their life...its their fault if they screw it up.....u just hate when they complain bout it not hteir fault...ur the one who had sex!!!!!.......RETARD!!!!!!

this is specific discussion.
a) using the word "retard" to insult someone is politically incorrect and could cause someone grief
b) we do not name-call here. please refrain from doing so.

i do not see something significantly wrong with having a child before marriage, because sometimes a pregnancy can drive a relationshp apart so at least the person knows that this wont happen. or something along those lines.
k-contentbarrier-
Addict
k-contentbarrier-
August 1st, 2006 at 11:41pm
Marriage to me is nothing more than a title. As long as you're deeply in love with the person you're having the child with (and you're old enough to take care of the baby) than pregnancy before marriage is fine.
radioactive
Geek
radioactive

Mibba
August 2nd, 2006 at 03:25am
Okay, if you get pregnant BEFORE marriage, and you dont have support by the father and your not with the father, and you are/are not (doesn't matter) underage, then thats not right. But, if you get pregnant before marriage, and you have the support from the father then thats cool at least your not a single mom, i've seen what being a single mom is like, cause thats how I was raised. My mom had a job, but no boyfriend/husband and I turned out fine, then things went to hell and yeah...not so fine anymore.

But personally I think you should have sex/get pregnant after your married. Because then the father is there, and you are in a faithful relashonship(sp?) and you have a better enviorment to raise a child.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
August 2nd, 2006 at 04:47am
radioactive:
Okay, if you get pregnant BEFORE marriage, and you dont have support by the father and your not with the father, and you are/are not (doesn't matter) underage, then thats not right. But, if you get pregnant before marriage, and you have the support from the father then thats cool at least your not a single mom, i've seen what being a single mom is like, cause thats how I was raised. My mom had a job, but no boyfriend/husband and I turned out fine, then things went to hell and yeah...not so fine anymore.

But personally I think you should have sex/get pregnant after your married. Because then the father is there, and you are in a faithful relashonship(sp?) and you have a better enviorment to raise a child.

and some single mums do a great job bringing children up alone, i have family members who are single perants and they are great perants, at least the children have a lovong and understanding perant to go to, ok then on the other hand some single mums dont do such a good job.
radioactive
Geek
radioactive

Mibba
August 4th, 2006 at 01:13am
Lucifers Angel:
radioactive:

and some single mums do a great job bringing children up alone, i have family members who are single perants and they are great perants, at least the children have a lovong and understanding perant to go to, ok then on the other hand some single mums dont do such a good job.

true, sometimes things are better, sometimes things are worse for familys with single parents. but worse sometimes gets better and better sometimes gets worse.....someone always gets the "shitty end of the stick."
love.
love.
August 6th, 2006 at 08:27pm
I think it is wrong. Because when the girl gets pregnant...she is probobly thinking..everythings going to be perfect.
and then when she tells her partner...he could leave her alone to raise the baby herself. Thats my opinion..because that happened to my cousin.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
August 7th, 2006 at 03:14am
dance to this beatxx:
I think it is wrong. Because when the girl gets pregnant...she is probobly thinking..everythings going to be perfect.
and then when she tells her partner...he could leave her alone to raise the baby herself. Thats my opinion..because that happened to my cousin.

Yeah.. well, were they discussing having a future together? Had they talked about kids?

I'mneither for, nor against, purely for the reason that my aunt has a child, who I think is 7 or 8 now, and she is still not married to his father, they have an on/off relationship. Everytime they break up, or something goes wrong, she moves/runs away, and takes my cousin with her. My cousin has been to about 8 schools in his entire life. And he is only 7 or 8.

I think its awful for him, because he hasn't stayed in a place long enough to settle down.

But I think it should matter if they are married or not, as long as they are planning on staying together, and they were talking about children, then it doesn't matter.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 9th, 2006 at 01:12pm
My cousin's pregnant and she's still engaged. They're not too sure still when the wedding is, but they do love eachother but unfortunately don't have enough time to plan a wedding. I think it's fine if you're sure you're going to be with that person. I mean, teenage pregnancies are a completely different thing, but as long as the child have a mother and father together, that's really all that matters. There are picture of me when I was one at my parents wedding all over the house. Me in my pretty pink dress with the frills and everything. Adorable. Well, of course I am.
Comrade182
Comrade182
August 10th, 2006 at 12:27am
I don't think that this is considered much of an issue in my local area any more. Most of the parents aren'r married or engaged, and a small percentage aren't even together.

My sister has 5 kids from her fella, but they've been engaged for years, so are going to get married eventually. However my aunt wanted to get married before giving birth, so in my family theres mixed feelings towards the matter.

I personally no longer think that people need to be married before having kids, however, I do think it is nice when it does happen, since it's a bit of a rareity to me nowadays! (don't I sound old saying that, i'm only 19)
Rhiannon.
Rhiannon.

Mibba
August 10th, 2006 at 12:01pm
dont matter to me.
Love
Love

Mibba Blog
August 12th, 2006 at 07:14am
I think its OK to be pregnant before marriage. as long as the child has a stable home and the parents are able to care for it i cant find anything that speaks against it
Chelsea Chainsaw
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Chelsea Chainsaw
August 14th, 2006 at 10:06am
ppl shoulnd b allowed 2 b preg b4 marriage cuz jesus dont want that.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 14th, 2006 at 04:17pm
Chelsea Chainsaw:

Think Did jesus tell you to never go on dictionary.com too?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
August 14th, 2006 at 04:21pm
Chelsea Chainsaw:

and why not? He wants us to be happy in our lifes and live a life that is right for US.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
August 14th, 2006 at 04:41pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Chelsea Chainsaw:

Think Did jesus tell you to never go on dictionary.com too?

LMFAO. k. Cool
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
August 18th, 2006 at 10:50am
I don't think there's a problem with it at all. It might be more sensible to wait until you're married, with a house and income etc, for you to have kids, but thta's entirely your decision.
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
August 20th, 2006 at 10:18am
i dont think its a big deal. some people dont feel the need to get married just to show you love someone which is so true. you can still love someone and have a family without being married. but as long as you take responsibilty for the child and give it a good homw i dont see the problem and if your legal.
Register