Pregnant before marriage

AuthorMessage
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
April 11th, 2006 at 12:56pm
Bloodraine:
Fuck_America:
If you dont love the father, or cant support the baby, it should be put up for adoption.

Well I certainly disagree Confused

I have a friend whose mother got pregnant at an early age; the father left obviously and has never been seen since. Does that mean the child should be deprived of a loving, maternal bond all because there is no father?. Certainly not. A mother's love is the most powerful kind of love in the world, it should not be underestimated. Ever.

So you'd just stick the kid up for adoption if the father walked out, would you?.

No, I didnt mean that..I mean if you cant support the baby with out the father. My adoptive mother basically raise me on her own, My dads never home.

Being adopted, I'm actually very much for it. My mother could have just had an abortion and been like, fuck it. But she didnt. She was only fifteen and I think she made a smart choice
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
June 1st, 2006 at 03:53pm
Getting pregnant before marriage is stupid. Most people can't take care of the baby. Then their life is ruined. But sometimes it works out.

My friend's mom had her when she was 17. The dad left and my friend never talks to him anymore. But neither does her mom. Her mom got married to another guy and they had a kid. They have been married for awhile now. Lucky my friend's life pretty much worked out, but that doesn't always happen.

I have like 5 cousin that had kids before marriage. They are all married now, but they don't live the best that they could. If they would have waited they might have been better off.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 1st, 2006 at 04:14pm
i mean, if youre like, 25 or something like that i dont mind. if youre 15. thats just irresponsible. but i dont mind if your pregnant and about to get married with the person, thats also fine. that happened with my parents, my mom was like a month pregnant with me when she got married to my dad.
ImBlindAndISmellLikeShit
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ImBlindAndISmellLikeShit
June 2nd, 2006 at 01:03am
I dont think it particually matters. As long as both parents are commited, in love, can afford it, and are ready to have a child, then I dont think it should be a problem whether they are married or not. My parents were never married, and I have still grown up with plenty of love and support...I cant image having grown up any other way.

With the divorce rate what it is today, marriage is no garentee that both people will be sticking around any more than a de facto relationship is.
rock_music_GD
Geek
rock_music_GD
June 2nd, 2006 at 05:35am
I don't believe in marriage so I'm going to say of course it's okay.

Rock On!
Emily X (
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
June 2nd, 2006 at 07:23am
i got pregnant before i got married and i dont think less of myself or my kids, i did however get married while i was heavily pregnant. not the way to do but who cares.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
June 2nd, 2006 at 04:48pm
rock_music_GD:

Why?
Marriage was a legal and civil union long before it became a spiritual union.
Please, make an argument. Stating an opinion without developing it with some kind of rationale is non-productive.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 2nd, 2006 at 04:57pm
Kitti:
rock_music_GD:

Why?
Marriage was a legal and civil union long before it became a spiritual union.
Please, make an argument. Stating an opinion without developing it with some kind of rationale is non-productive.

Well I'm just going to say; I don't believe in 'marriage', as my textbook defines it, as being the legal binding of two people (specifically male and female- but its an old textbook). Marriage, to me, is nothing but a legal declaration printed on a piece of paper that two people are joined, and that seems fairly souless and so dry.

The reason I hold little regard for marriage, and do not intend to do so in the future, is i'm a stronger believer in the spiritutal union (as you put it) side of things. If you love one another- the committment is there, and that love is stronger than any certificate or wedding ring. Therefore, that spiritual union is more than strong enough to cope with chilren too.

I hope all of that made sense.
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
June 3rd, 2006 at 12:07am
It doesn't really bother me. It's kind of a waste depending on how young you are, but that's other people's choice.
Peter Petrelli
Peter Petrelli
June 3rd, 2006 at 09:27am
I can see both sides of the arguement, but I myself would much orefer to be happily married before thinking about having kids.

Rising cost of marriage means it just isn't possible for some couples to marry before having kids.

I don't see anything wrong with it, providing you're committed.
Matty.
Matty.
June 3rd, 2006 at 09:35am
Its not good, but i have friends that grew up like that and they turned out ok
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 3rd, 2006 at 10:42am
Saiyan:

'turned out okay'
whats that suposed to mean
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 3rd, 2006 at 11:07am
Viva La Diva:
Saiyan:

'turned out okay'
It means they didn't have a vaild opinion or something meaningful to say so they just made a random post and slowed discussion down Rolling Eyes
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 3rd, 2006 at 11:28am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Viva La Diva:
Saiyan:

'turned out okay'
It means they didn't have a vaild opinion or something meaningful to say so they just made a random post and slowed discussion down Rolling Eyes

or i could mean that they are good kids, NOT saying that kids who are born b4 marriage turn out bad mind OK?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 3rd, 2006 at 11:47am
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Viva La Diva:
Saiyan:

'turned out okay'

or i could mean that they are good kids, NOT saying that kids who are born b4 marriage turn out bad mind OK?
'turned out ok' is almost insulting. It's as if they are comparing them to something else and that isnt right. No one can be judged as "ok" or "not ok" or even "good enough"
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 3rd, 2006 at 11:49am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Viva La Diva:
Saiyan:

'turned out okay'

'turned out ok' is almost insulting. It's as if they are comparing them to something else and that isnt right. No one can be judged as "ok" or "not ok" or even "good enough"

i know i was just trying to defend her/him
Addison Montgomery.
Addison Montgomery.

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2006 at 12:48pm
Not really wrong personally but my mom had me and my younger brother before she was married.I liked it because I saw there wedding which was gorgeous.*in deep thought about parent's wedding*
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 6th, 2006 at 04:59am
Mike's personal sex toy=]:
Not really wrong personally but my mom had me and my younger brother before she was married.I liked it because I saw there wedding which was gorgeous.*in deep thought about parent's wedding*

i think thats great you were able to share your mums wedding day.
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 31st, 2006 at 12:42am
It's kind of weird. If you get pregnant before you marry, there's not much else to look forward to when you get married, because you've already started a family. When you get married, you look forward to starting a family, getting a good job, and living your life to the fullest with the one you love. People nowadays are doing all those things without getting married, so after they do those, what's the point of even getting married?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
July 31st, 2006 at 06:24am
Rockaholic380:
It's kind of weird. If you get pregnant before you marry, there's not much else to look forward to when you get married, because you've already started a family. When you get married, you look forward to starting a family, getting a good job, and living your life to the fullest with the one you love. People nowadays are doing all those things without getting married, so after they do those, what's the point of even getting married?

if your smart you've already got a good job before you marry,
Register