AuthorMessage
Emily-Cool
Falling In Love With The Board
Emily-Cool
November 8th, 2008 at 11:23am
Kurtni:
Emily-Cool:
Mikey.:
Marriage this, marriage that. If you love someone just fucking go for it.

It's not quite as simple as that Wink
Wish it was though!
Why is it not as simple as that? Marriage isn't obligatory.

Oh no, Nobody ever said you HAVE to get married,
Well, You might really love someone... and they want to get married, and you really don't want to. People just can't agree all the time, that's all I meant.
Weasil
Falling In Love With The Board
Weasil
November 9th, 2008 at 11:28am
This is kind of a bad title, because there are plenty of people who want to have children and never get married. I'm actually in that category.

And if I want to get really technical, what about lesbian couples impregnated through sperm donation, who previously and as of now can't get married?

I don't think pregnancy while in school is a good idea. At all. And whether the girl chooses to either not go through with the pregnancy, or eventually set up for adoption, or even staying as the guardian, it's her choice. It's her body, and hers alone.

But when it comes to having a stable job, a backup plan for looking over the child if they have no partner, and the right mentality for having a child, I find it's perfectly fine.

I think the better question should be about having children when the child can be properly taken care of and given a good life, not neccesarily when legally binded with someone else.
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
November 13th, 2008 at 04:40am
My mum and dad has been together for 15 years and had 4 kids and haven't gotten married. You don't need a piece of paper and two rings to love eachother.
Princessrochelle__x
Geek
Princessrochelle__x
November 15th, 2008 at 06:54pm
personally id rather get married then have kids
but thats me
people have different morals
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
November 16th, 2008 at 01:25am
Sarah Palins kid can finally get that abortion now

sorry that was really awful ldsmaoklsao

Marriage dosnt really determain if you are ready to have kids there are plenty of married couples who are not realy for kids and plenty of unmarried ones who are
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
December 1st, 2008 at 05:55pm
I get picked on by Christians because they think I shouldn't have been born because my parents wern't married and 20 at the time...
Effy
Addict
Effy
December 3rd, 2008 at 08:14am
Danny Callahan.:
Sarah Palins kid can finally get that abortion now

I really hate small fonts but:

lmfao

and on topic: I think mariage is a stupid thing, I dont even really believe that humans are a monogamic (sp) life-form, if you think about it, it is kind of going against nature. But it also has something beautiful, the whole: for the rest of our life thing, but you don't need a priest or what not to make that a legitimate promise.
So I also do not think it is wrong to have a child before marriage.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
December 3rd, 2008 at 03:15pm
Sally godverdomme:

I really hate small fonts but:

lmfao

and on topic: I think mariage is a stupid thing, I dont even really believe that humans are a monogamic (sp) life-form, if you think about it, it is kind of going against nature.
I have no idea what gamic means. I'm guessing you mean humans naturally have [well, had] more than one partner in our lifetime.
Why would you make yourself stuck with someone like that? Not saying I hate marriage, I just don't find it nessesary. I just look at couples and I just see it as theyre stuck like that forever... especially for my parents, HA.
It' totally possible to love someone your whole life. it's just that I find it a burden to get married, because if you want a divorce, you have to pay money and do all this crap. thats the only thing keeping my parents from divorcing. too annoying. well, that, and my dads sick.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
December 3rd, 2008 at 03:26pm
I can't help but think of an episode of Dharma & Greg, if any of you know it. I've tried to look for an overview or recap of the episode(s) but I couldn't find it.

Dharma's parents have been firm believers that you don't need paper or another person to declare the love they know they have for eachother. But they decide to get married nonetheless. Then, to illustrate how open their relationship is, they bring dates for the rehearsal dinner, and Dharma has to react. Because she's always been told that her parents don't need the paper or a party to show their love, but she always felt very uncertain, because she knew that the parents could simply leave the second they wanted and not have anything to do with the other parent, and that would leave Dharma (the child) in the middle..

Idk, my point is, sometimes you don't need a paper to know you love someone, but the child should know that the parents do love eachother and will take responsebility.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
December 3rd, 2008 at 11:19pm
right, so i'm religious so personally i would never have this happen to me, but for everyone else, it's not my place to say what's right and wrong.
Effy
Addict
Effy
December 6th, 2008 at 08:14am
get famous:

i'm just wondering, since i didn't find a clear reason in there. why do you see it as "a stupid thing?"

Like I said, if you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you don't need someone to make that a legitimate promise. Most people who get married make a promise to god to stay together till death do them part. I would think: "I don't even know if god is real, so why would I make a promise to someone I am not even sure excists?"
I don't think that it makes your love more real. And marrying for a piece of paper also does not make your love more real or excisting.

And I think monogamy is not very natural. Humans, like any other animal have the urge to survive, reproduction is a way for the whole species to survive and to make sure your DNA stays on this planet (people did studies to why people try to save their children instead of themselves in times of crisis. They were done purely scientific, so the factor 'love' did not count. The came to the solution that you try to save your own DNA (in short)).
If you want to ensure this you need to make lots and lots of babies, and for a male it is much more productive to have sex with more than just one female:
He makes one pregnant and goes on to the next, so he does not have to wait nine months.

Though it does not really work this way anymore, I admit that, I think the chance of a couple remaining together for the rest of their lives is very small.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 7th, 2008 at 01:29am
Sally godverdomme:

And I think monogamy is not very natural. Humans, like any other animal
What are you using to define natural? Other animals besides humans are monogamous, though it my be rare, that doesn't make it unnatural.
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
December 7th, 2008 at 03:35am
Don't some types of penguins mate for life? Coolio
Effy
Addict
Effy
December 7th, 2008 at 08:05am
What I am using to define natural is what most animals do, and what is pretty much the best way to insure survival.
Though mankind has been keen to adapt to his environment in a way that our survival is almost garantueed, I still believe that there is a part in most people that still feels like this deep inside (for instance when they have an affaire).
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 7th, 2008 at 10:11pm
Sally godverdomme:
What I am using to define natural is what most animals do, and what is pretty much the best way to insure survival.
That's a completely illogical way to define natural. If one animal and only one animal does a certain behavior instinctualy, it would be natural regardless of what "most" animals do. You're misusing the word natural to "prove" your point and it's misleading. Mr. Green
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
December 9th, 2008 at 11:23pm
yeah, not all animals have multiple mates. definatley not.
but humans do have 1-3 mates. or should. i tihnk they did.
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
December 11th, 2008 at 03:29pm
Pregnant before marriage

Nothing wrong with it.
MarieArt
Idiot
MarieArt

Blog
January 23rd, 2009 at 05:55pm
Not if you know that the parents are going to love the child and not fight over it
(like my cousin, his ex-gf and their 1 year old.. I'm the one that's taking care of the baby)
The Collector
GSBitch
The Collector
January 24th, 2009 at 07:12am
I know this girl who had an abortion at 13
CanYouFeelIt
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
CanYouFeelIt
January 24th, 2009 at 01:49pm
i don't find it wrong. some people who get pregnant can't afford to get married. it doesn't bother me at all.
Register