King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 27th, 2007 at 05:53am
Herr Doktor:
Cobra:
Herr Doktor:
...Shifty

Well...according to my school I am. tehe They let me fill in all my details this year. Either that or Paganism. Cool

I would read the previous argument...but...it's blocked from my com.

Anyway...

Um... Pray

It can help...to soothe and let some of your emotions out, y'know? Like...um...venting...to God/Gods/Alien.

Scientology both freaks me out and astounds me.
I like the idea of it. It's awesome.
I'd really love to meet one and talk seriously about their beliefs. Some of the things I've read online are...quite odd. I'd like someone to specifically state what they believe.
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
September 27th, 2007 at 05:58am
Glad to see you can still make intelligent posts. Rolling Eyes
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 29th, 2007 at 08:35pm
Hate to intrude, but there is documented evidence that Jesus of Nazareth did exist, son of Joseph and Mary. There are too many accounts of his existance at this period in time for him to be entirely constructed.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 29th, 2007 at 08:36pm
Hate to intrude, but there is documented evidence that Jesus of Nazareth did exist, son of Joseph and Mary. There are too many accounts of his existance at this period in time for him to be entirely constructed.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 29th, 2007 at 08:44pm
Oh, I can disprove right here and now, that God is not all powerful. (I told my lecturer this after our Religion lecture and he was very hassled and shouted at my for trying him and got quite upset, even though he later said I was correct and making higher university year level analysis. Very Happy)

God is all powerful, considering He exists, it's one of the conditions that Christians have taken upon accepting His existance. If He is all powerful, He must always and forever exist, however I will not and even could not exist. I could kill myself, thus cease to exist. Hence, that is the one thing that I can do which God cannot do, so God infact, is not all powerful. But does He exist?
TrainSpotting
Geek
TrainSpotting
October 1st, 2007 at 11:05am
I think praying only works in a psychological aspect. I'm not religious and therefore don't believe there's a God listening to our prayers and helping us out with our problems, but I do think that praying can help people who do have faith by giving them hope and making them feel like there's someone looking out for them/they're not alone.
TrainSpotting
Geek
TrainSpotting
October 1st, 2007 at 11:06am
Anji:
Oh, I can disprove right here and now, that God is not all powerful. (I told my lecturer this after our Religion lecture and he was very hassled and shouted at my for trying him and got quite upset, even though he later said I was correct and making higher university year level analysis. Very Happy)

God is all powerful, considering He exists, it's one of the conditions that Christians have taken upon accepting His existance. If He is all powerful, He must always and forever exist, however I will not and even could not exist. I could kill myself, thus cease to exist. Hence, that is the one thing that I can do which God cannot do, so God infact, is not all powerful. But does He exist?

but, then again, there's the arguement that not everyone believes you cease to exist once you die (not to say that I don't agree with you, but I'm just presenting a point).
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 1st, 2007 at 02:23pm
TrainSpotting:
Anji:

but, then again, there's the arguement that not everyone believes you cease to exist once you die (not to say that I don't agree with you, but I'm just presenting a point).
Even then, when I die I will be completely powerless. I will have no control over anything. I was speaking figuratively, so God can't die, can He.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 1st, 2007 at 02:28pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
I'd really love to meet one and talk seriously about their beliefs. Some of the things I've read online are...quite odd. I'd like someone to specifically state what they believe.
The official sort of underlying concept of the whole of scientology is 'What's real for you is real for you.' This basically means, anything goes by anyone. It's actually a bit cheeky, because overall, it's pure idealism, but then can also incorperate dualism and materialism, so really, it's anything.

But then of course there are other little weird, seemingly dogmatic behaviours and practices associated it which give that whole 'whatever you want' thing a kinda of negative twist.
TrainSpotting
Geek
TrainSpotting
October 1st, 2007 at 03:33pm
Anji:
TrainSpotting:
Anji:

Even then, when I die I will be completely powerless. I will have no control over anything. I was speaking figuratively, so God can't die, can He.

I was talking more about people who believe in reincarnation and those things, so they wouldn't really believe you would be powerless because you'd be a new form of life. but hey, different people believe different things and I respect that. I love it, actually. I just wish more people with oppossing viewpoints could get along and not be so arrogant about it.

I, personally, don't believe in any form of religion, but it's interesting to think about all the different theories and I understand now why people go to religion and shit like that. I used to be an ignorant prick about it, but now I realize that was retarded of me.

I used to be xAnarchy4thUSAx, but the way. I think I used to talk to you in most of the punk band treads a year or so back.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 1st, 2007 at 04:00pm
Reincarnation is not taught in conventional Christianity and I was only talking about Christianity.

And by Jove, you did used to be a right prick about it. Wink
TrainSpotting
Geek
TrainSpotting
October 1st, 2007 at 10:21pm
Anji:
Reincarnation is not taught in conventional Christianity and I was only talking about Christianity.

Ahh, I didn't realize you were only talking about Christianity. and yeah, I was a huge prick. If I were to meet myself as I was then now, I would probably slap myself. haha.
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
October 3rd, 2007 at 01:01am
Anji:

Jesus was reincarnated wasn't he? He died and then came back three days later[as himself though. Not in another form]. Alot of Christians I know don't believe in reincarnation when one their key figures was infact reincarnated. Unless, Im going about it all wrong.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
October 3rd, 2007 at 01:18am
Moral Threat:

That the creation of our entire universe can be explained scientifically! (and stuff beyond our universe is well on its way to being explained)

Science has failed also in alot of instances aswell lets not forget :/
And no I don't think we'll ever be able to explain our own universe.
Does science require faith? o_0 I mean to believe in the Evolution theory thingy you've got to have faith on your recordings or findings. Science and religion are alot alike. Pursuing science has killed people aswell lmfao [poor people Im not trying to mock them] The universe has been and always will be there won't it, just like another major religious figure :/
TrainSpotting
Geek
TrainSpotting
October 3rd, 2007 at 05:14am
robotchicken.:
Anji:

Jesus was reincarnated wasn't he? He died and then came back three days later[as himself though. Not in another form]. Alot of Christians I know don't believe in reincarnation when one their key figures was infact reincarnated. Unless, Im going about it all wrong.

That's resurrection, not reincarnation.
Micro Sheep
Micro Sheep
October 3rd, 2007 at 11:18pm
robotchicken.:
Moral Threat:

That the creation of our entire universe can be explained scientifically! (and stuff beyond our universe is well on its way to being explained)

Science has failed also in alot of instances aswell lets not forget :/
And no I don't think we'll ever be able to explain our own universe.
Does science require faith? o_0 I mean to believe in the Evolution theory thingy you've got to have faith on your recordings or findings. Science and religion are alot alike. Pursuing science has killed people aswell lmfao [poor people Im not trying to mock them] The universe has been and always will be there won't it, just like another major religious figure :/

I think that every creation of the divine can be scientifically explained.It's just that not everything has been discovered so far.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
October 4th, 2007 at 04:09am
You know who else I'd like to see in this forum? Those women who follow Isis. I came across some information on them today, and I'd honestly love to have a real conversation with a devout follower.
TheBeginner
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
TheBeginner
October 7th, 2007 at 12:04am
I think that praying just helps you on focusing , focusing on your problems, on what you really want in life and what really gets you angry.

Most of the times you pray for help, or you try to pray because you want something or you pray because you just want to say thank you.

I think there is nothing wrong on saing thanks for that lil bit what we get from life or for some moments why have the luck to experience.

Praying is a sort of medititaion, of course xD
And meditation helps you, on focusing and getting your mind clear and empty of all that trash you hear Smile

You thin it is nonsense? Well i for my part, do not really pray but somethimes i say thans to myself for what i have experinced....

What to "big people" do? Managers and so on? They go in front of a mirror and talk to themselfs.... i am good , a am fair, i am rich ( I know bullshit but it really helps them, and there must be a reason why they are where they are Shocked ) but praying ist nothing else as saying something to yourself, and it has an effect , an impact

all the best to you all

TheBeginner

sry for my english spelling
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
October 7th, 2007 at 12:54am
I personally don't believe praying works.
I've prayed so many times for things to be alright between me and my mum and other stuff.
But nothing has ever changed.

But people have thier own beliefs and stuff Con
TheBeginner
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
TheBeginner
October 7th, 2007 at 12:58am
Well i think, if I may,!
Do not pray for a better relationship to you mother but pray for understeaning why things are like there are betwenn us, pray for understeanding
if i may be straight, do not pray but think of why things whent out like this ....
if there is a prolbem between two persons there are certain things that are always true

both did erros
both are needet to solve the prolbem
you have to talk

all the best to you and to the rest

TheBeginner
Register