AuthorMessage
I'mComing.BeScared.
King For A Couple Of Days
I'mComing.BeScared.
January 25th, 2008 at 08:43am
mondo bongo.:
Kurtni:
SunsetOverMonroevile:
Well... Praying works sometimes.... I meant an exorcism or something like that.
Shocked Now, Im not Christian, but I don't think an exorcism is exactly the same thing as praying... is it?
.................no. Smile

Well, exorcism is NOT the same thing as praying. But these things are kinda similar.

Exorcisms are very interesting.... I know it's maybe makes me freaky but I think so. Retard
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2008 at 12:10pm
SunsetOverMonroevile:
mondo bongo.:
Kurtni:
SunsetOverMonroevile:
Shocked Now, Im not Christian, but I don't think an exorcism is exactly the same thing as praying... is it?

Well, exorcism is NOT the same thing as praying. But these things are kinda similar.

Exorcisms are very interesting.... I know it's maybe makes me freaky but I think so. Retard
The only think that makes praying and exorcism similar is that they are both are practiced by the Catholic Church. Nothing more.
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
January 26th, 2008 at 01:35pm
mondo bongo.:
SunsetOverMonroevile:
mondo bongo.:
Kurtni:
SunsetOverMonroevile:

The only think that makes praying and exorcism similar is that they are both are practiced by the Catholic Church. Nothing more.

Well... No. Exorcisms exists in every religion. REALLY.
Priests (Catholic- I'm Catholic) says that exorcism is a kind of praying- but it's very special kind of this.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
January 28th, 2008 at 06:32am
Nobodi:
Praying means talking to God, our father. It's telling him about your day, telling what you are worried about, what you enjoyed and are thankful for, and yes, as a part of a prayer, asking for things.

It's like talking to your dad. If you're talking to your dad, asking for things isn't all you do, is it? (and if it is, then that's actually quite sad, in my opinion.) You tell him what's bothering you because you know he understands and is there to comfort you.

No.

Wikipedia:
Prayer is the act of attempting to communicate, commonly with a sequence of words, with a deity or spirit for the purpose of worshipping, requesting guidance, requesting assistance, confessing sins or to express one's thoughts and emotions.

So you can beg, cry, scream, laugh, or simply talk to God. Any of these acts means "praying".

Nobodi:
Most people mistake the Lord for a kind of wish automat and go like "Oh please, God, I want a million dollars." and then expect the money to fall down from heaven what of course won't happen. And then they decide they no longer believe in God because their wishes don't come true.

That's stupid o_O
I'm not a believer. Though, when I was a kid, my parents made me (and my brother) choose by letting me go to catechism.
I saw what it is.
I saw what's praying. It's just the act of communicating.

Not getting what you asked for doesn't make you a non-believer.
If so, there wouldn't be religion anymore.
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
January 28th, 2008 at 08:25am
I pray but I'm not a beliver. Not because I didn't get what I wanted.
Just because God let .... Well it doesn't matter that later He helped me. If God know everything, He should know that I won't stand it.
miau
miau
January 29th, 2008 at 03:21pm
Cecilia:

That wasn't what I meant. I meant that lots of people decide they don't believe anymore if their wishes don't come true instantly.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
January 30th, 2008 at 01:39pm
Nobodi:
Cecilia:

That wasn't what I meant. I meant that lots of people decide they don't believe anymore if their wishes don't come true instantly.

It still means the same to me Think
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
February 3rd, 2008 at 06:46pm
I really don't think praying works
(I'm a non-believer) some of my relatives were very religious and they prayed a lot and they still had horrible lives...it never got anyone anyhwere, and if it did that's just a coinsidence

but nvm my opinion on this cause I see religion as an ignorant escape from the scary reality anyway. none of it makes sense imo..don't mean to insult anyone
ValentineMichael.
Geek
ValentineMichael.
February 7th, 2008 at 05:10pm
VoicesOfViolence:
(I'm a non-believer) some of my relatives were very religious and they prayed a lot and they still had horrible lives...it never got anyone anyhwere, and if it did that's just a coinsidence

but nvm my opinion on this cause I see religion as an ignorant escape from the scary reality anyway. none of it makes sense imo..don't mean to insult anyone
how is religion an escape from the scary reality?
if anything the things expressed in religion are scarier than reality.
Addison Dewitt
Addison Dewitt

Blog
February 8th, 2008 at 03:13am
Eggiwegg:
VoicesOfViolence:

how is religion an escape from the scary reality?
if anything the things expressed in religion are scarier than reality.

maybe thats why people don't believe, religion can be scarier than reality depending on who you are and what reality is to you.

I say praying is a personal thing, you decide if it works or not, you could pray one night and then the next day something happens in relation to what you prayed about and you are satisfied, or maybe you aren't so your praying didn't work in your mind. I've done that a few times. I don't know if its a coincidence or if there really is a God. I usually remain neutral on religion. Coffee
The Kill
Falling In Love With The Board
The Kill

Blog
February 8th, 2008 at 05:56pm
Well... I'm not a religious person. I don't believe in a magical being up in the sky. I believe in people and what they can do.

I don't believe praying is asking "God" for help... but more of sending out a strong energy. For example, people praying for a sick relative. They TRULY want that person to get better, so praying sends out a strong energy and sometimes that energy succeeds at what it was sent out to do and helps that person.

Wow, hard to explain XD And I know this is going to sound ridiculous to a lot of people, but it's just what I believe. Retard
ValentineMichael.
Geek
ValentineMichael.
February 8th, 2008 at 07:58pm
Pity_The_Clever:
maybe thats why people don't believe, religion can be scarier than reality depending on who you are and what reality is to you.

I say praying is a personal thing, you decide if it works or not, you could pray one night and then the next day something happens in relation to what you prayed about and you are satisfied, or maybe you aren't so your praying didn't work in your mind. I've done that a few times. I don't know if its a coincidence or if there really is a God. I usually remain neutral on religion. Coffee

eh. i don't really like religion[to me people aren't getting the way they should] but i do believe in God/Son/Holy Spirit. It really helps me and it's given me alot. I understand it basically, but sometimes it is hard :/
ValentineMichael.
Geek
ValentineMichael.
February 8th, 2008 at 08:00pm
OrSKAsm.:
Well... I'm not a religious person. I don't believe in a magical being up in the sky. I believe in people and what they can do.

I don't believe praying is asking "God" for help... but more of sending out a strong energy. For example, people praying for a sick relative. They TRULY want that person to get better, so praying sends out a strong energy and sometimes that energy succeeds at what it was sent out to do and helps that person.

Wow, hard to explain XD And I know this is going to sound ridiculous to a lot of people, but it's just what I believe. Retard
That doesn't sound silly to me. The book The Secret is sort of what you're trying to explain. As some people see it as 'strong energy' others might see it as 'God' doing it. People are just totally different Very Happy
Addison Dewitt
Addison Dewitt

Blog
February 9th, 2008 at 12:13am
Eggiwegg:
Pity_The_Clever:

eh. i don't really like religion[to me people aren't getting the way they should] but i do believe in God/Son/Holy Spirit. It really helps me and it's given me alot. I understand it basically, but sometimes it is hard :/

I have Christian parents and Buddhist aunt as is her girlfriend(Yes she's a gay) but I personally don't care too much for religion. I'd always feel let down if I was devoted to a religion and nothing changed for the better, I don't believe i have enough time for religion either. Coffee
freshavocado
Addict
freshavocado

Blog
February 9th, 2008 at 01:00am
i was never realy a religious person i have only gone to church 2 times since i was 9
and i never pray for anything so yeah
Sparkle POP!
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Sparkle POP!
February 9th, 2008 at 05:40pm
I don't think it does personally, but I guess it depends on whether your a religious person or not.
Last time I prayed was 5 years ago, I havn't prayed since because it didn't work.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
February 11th, 2008 at 11:30am
OrSKAsm.:

sry2say but I read something about a study that said that the patients that were prayed for didn't get better sooner or whatever than the ones that weren't prayed for. so nah. I've lost the link though Mad
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
February 11th, 2008 at 01:50pm
I think it helps. I'm not a very religious person, but I think it comforts people to think that someone up there is taking care of them and their family.
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
February 13th, 2008 at 01:03pm
Face the truth-God doesn't really care.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
February 13th, 2008 at 03:02pm
SunsetOverMonroevile:
Face the truth-God doesn't really care.

Yea, He's way too busy with american elections File