AuthorMessage
Rocker Chic
King For A Couple Of Days
Rocker Chic

Blog
February 13th, 2008 at 07:29pm
SunsetOverMonroevile:
Face the truth-God doesn't really care.

maybe so, but some people take comfort in thinking that god does care, even if they aren't super religious.

I'd like to think that there's somebody up there looking out for me, wouldn't you?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2008 at 08:32pm
punki_poette:

I'd like to think that there's somebody up there looking out for me, wouldn't you?
Just because you like it doesn't make it true.
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
February 13th, 2008 at 08:51pm
I didn't say it was true. The whole praying thing is all based on what you believe and what you don't believe. Whose to say what's real and what isn't? It's all what you choose to think.No one knows if there's a God for sure, or if praying really works. It's all based on a personal belief, to me, anyways.
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
February 15th, 2008 at 11:48am
You're right in a part.

I would't like to think that there's someone up looking out for me .
I mean God would rather hurt then help at all.
Have someone heard about Hiob (it's from the Bible)?

And God is not busy with american ellections all the time Rolling Eyes
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
February 15th, 2008 at 02:35pm
SunsetOverMonroevile:
You're right in a part.

I would't like to think that there's someone up looking out for me .
I mean God would rather hurt then help at all.
Have someone heard about Hiob (it's from the Bible)?

And God is not busy with american ellections all the time Rolling Eyes

True, he's busy with american only Mr. Green

I'm kidding Very Happy
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
February 15th, 2008 at 03:26pm
yeah I know Smile
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
February 16th, 2008 at 06:43pm
I think prayer is the equivalent of positive thinking.
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
February 16th, 2008 at 06:49pm
I agree. I think even if you don't pray, positive thinking kind of makes you feel better in the same kind of way.
freshavocado
Addict
freshavocado

Blog
February 18th, 2008 at 12:10am
i think it works if you truly believe it works
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
February 18th, 2008 at 09:17pm
I left Christianism behind some time ago. Now I trust in God the way I please without linking myself to any kind of religion and all that stuff.
I don't know if praying does help. God is like a force for me, not some kind of "personification" or something. However, I still pray sometimes, in benefit of my family and my closest friends. And almost all the time it seems to work. Yet, so many have faith and pray for better days and doesn't have anything even to eat, like here in Brazil. Without that faith, they would go downwards to a sad, hopeless end.
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
February 18th, 2008 at 10:04pm
Chile Guy:
I left Christianism behind some time ago. Now I trust in God the way I please without linking myself to any kind of religion and all that stuff.
I don't know if praying does help. God is like a force for me, not some kind of "personification" or something. However, I still pray sometimes, in benefit of my family and my closest friends. And almost all the time it seems to work. Yet, so many have faith and pray for better days and doesn't have anything even to eat, like here in Brazil. Without that faith, they would go downwards to a sad, hopeless end.

ITA with what you said. I don't really like to link myself to a certain religion, because I don't believe everything that just one religion says. I kind of take ideas from all different religions and come up with my own beliefs.
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
February 18th, 2008 at 10:21pm
Agnostic...so not really
Ryan Bagels
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Ryan Bagels
June 22nd, 2009 at 08:21pm
I don't think praying can solve does anything. It's just wishing. Just wishing won't get anything done. Actually doing something will.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 22nd, 2009 at 09:18pm
paper shoes:
OrSKAsm.:
Well... I'm not a religious person. I don't believe in a magical being up in the sky. I believe in people and what they can do.

I don't believe praying is asking "God" for help... but more of sending out a strong energy. For example, people praying for a sick relative. They TRULY want that person to get better, so praying sends out a strong energy and sometimes that energy succeeds at what it was sent out to do and helps that person.

Wow, hard to explain XD And I know this is going to sound ridiculous to a lot of people, but it's just what I believe. Retard
sry2say but I read something about a study that said that the patients that were prayed for didn't get better sooner or whatever than the ones that weren't prayed for. so nah. I've lost the link though Mad
this is kind of what you just said,

I also read that patients who were prayed for (and didn't know it) had no difference in the people who weren't prayed for. The people who were being prayed for and knew it had dramatically lower (what's the word... success) rates.

But this is not because of prayer, but it is psychological. These people thought that they were going to get better from prayer, and let their prayers to god take care of their health rather than their own bodies.
Spider Billie
Post Whore
Spider Billie

Blog
June 23rd, 2009 at 05:08pm
Well, I don't really pray, I just say thank you alot in the hand praying form.
if that's not called praying o.0
I don't know if It works, but I think thinking you'll totally make it without any negitive thoughts kinda works Faith
Aliiiiii.
Aliiiiii.
June 25th, 2009 at 09:07am
[quote="paper shoes"]
OrSKAsm.:
Well... I'm not a religious person. I don't believe in a magical being up in the sky. I believe in people and what they can do.

I don't believe praying is asking "God" for help... but more of sending out a strong energy. For example, people praying for a sick relative. They TRULY want that person to get better, so praying sends out a strong energy and sometimes that energy succeeds at what it was sent out to do and helps that person.

Wow, hard to explain XD And I know this is going to sound ridiculous to a lot of people, but it's just what I believe. Retard

This is really interesting. I know exactly what you mean...

When I'm really freaking out, I kinda wish to fate that everything's going to be okay, if you understand what I mean? I don't think that there is one God/magical/holy thing/person somewhere in the clouds but I do think that the energy thing makes sense.
Orange_Mocha_Frappuchino
Geek
Orange_Mocha_Frappuchino
June 25th, 2009 at 04:33pm
Rocker Chic:
I agree. I think even if you don't pray, positive thinking kind of makes you feel better in the same kind of way.

Agreed. It's like that book The Secret. If you think of positive things, you'll get positive things in return.
Ashlee Cool.
Banned
Ashlee Cool.
July 22nd, 2009 at 06:00am
No, I Try Pray For A While And Nothing Happend. It was A Waste Of Time Tbh. I'll Never Understand it probss =D
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
July 24th, 2009 at 08:16am
Orange_Mocha_Frappuchino:
Rocker Chic:

Agreed. It's like that book The Secret. If you think of positive things, you'll get positive things in return.

totally Cassie
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
July 25th, 2009 at 05:08pm
lol if the world was just, maybe.

*see my post about the jug of milk*
Register