Do You Think Praying Works?

AuthorMessage
princess byxdawn
Geek
princess byxdawn
May 8th, 2006 at 01:52am
I don't know if I think it works or not...I think that if you are praying for something with TRUE meaning, like, praying for someone who is in the hospital, or someone who is kidnapped, or a family who has lost someone, or even for yourself to get over a bad problem. But I don't think it works if you just ask God to make you skinny or beautiful, or for a boyfriend or to magically get an A on a test you didn't study for. I think if you REALLY need or want something, then it should work out in the end.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
May 8th, 2006 at 06:15am
i think that praying could give people hope and perhaps that is what some people want in they're lives.
Eliana Rampage
Jackass
Eliana Rampage
May 8th, 2006 at 11:09am
I'm not sure if this is 100% a plausible question, it's basically a question such as "Do you think God exists?". Something along those lines. It's a matter of faith, no?

Yeah, I am religious, and I do pray, 2 times a day mostly because our school makes us, but if something really horrible happens, I pray a lot harder. And from what I've seen, my prayers were answered. Of course, one could argue this is all a coincidence of nature, but it all depends on what you want to believe.
Smoking_My_Guitar
Geek
Smoking_My_Guitar

Blog
May 8th, 2006 at 02:26pm
Totally every prayer I've made has been answered. I have total Faith xx
It Had to Be You.
It Had to Be You.
May 8th, 2006 at 02:56pm
Yes. I pray every night before I go night nights.

And it sometimes works for me.

If you choose to argue with me, I'll ignore you.
Smoking_My_Guitar
Geek
Smoking_My_Guitar

Blog
May 8th, 2006 at 02:58pm
Totally but i always remember to thank God for unanswered prayers!
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 8th, 2006 at 03:07pm
I don't think prayer does anything...

Playing on the idea that everything that happens is God's "plan" or "destiny" or whatever you wish to call it, it is pointless to pray because you can't change anything.

Or, with the theory I believe about God and human relation, total free-will with little purposeful interference from God in our "fate," only indirect interference via nature that isn't supposed to mean much, praying won't do anything because God will not interfere with human free will.

That is, of course, assuming that by prayer you mean asking God to do things.
It Had to Be You.
It Had to Be You.
May 8th, 2006 at 03:08pm
Smoking_My_Guitar:
Totally but i always remember to thank God for unanswered prayers!
Cool Cute. ^_^
Smoking_My_Guitar
Geek
Smoking_My_Guitar

Blog
May 8th, 2006 at 03:33pm
Yeah cus he deserves to be thanked
Smoking_My_Guitar
Geek
Smoking_My_Guitar

Blog
May 8th, 2006 at 03:36pm
Prayers are not just for ourselves they're for others, for the help we need when we feel week...we only have the plan when we are saved...which i am so yayness for me!!! Accepting The Lord into your heart is all about accepting his plan aswell!
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 8th, 2006 at 03:36pm
Smoking_My_Guitar:
Yeah cus he deserves to be thanked

What exactly do you thank him for?
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 8th, 2006 at 03:41pm
Smoking_My_Guitar:
Prayers are not just for ourselves they're for others, for the help we need when we feel week...

How about trying to help yourself instead of begging YHWH to? I'm pretty sure It will not do much.

we only have the plan when we are saved...

So only people who are going to be "saved" have plans?
This doesn't work. What about those who are not "saved"? Do they never interact with these "saved" people? Because their interaction would effect the plan, and if their interaction is in the "saved" person's plan, does that mean that the "unsaved" actually has a plan, and is, therefore, "saved"?

And, if there is a plan, are those that have plans non-humans?
As it says in Genesis, God made (hu)man in His image, meaning we have free will, just as It. So, if these "saved" lack free will and have planned destinies, are they, therefore, not human?

which i am so yayness for me!!!

How do you know? Isn't that for YHWH to judge and not humans?

Accepting The Lord into your heart is all about accepting his plan aswell!

So praying for things to change is part of being a gear in a plan that will never change?
Eliana Rampage
Jackass
Eliana Rampage
May 8th, 2006 at 04:37pm
Y'know...in a way prayer doesn't even need to be to God, it can be a general thing where you pray to just...I can't really describe it. Let me try and create and example...
So like, before a competition, someone could very well just say "Please let us win..." that's not necessarily directed to God. It's just a general prayer that lets us vent in a way.
o_o If that made -any- sense.
It Had to Be You.
It Had to Be You.
May 8th, 2006 at 04:38pm
XxBillieOwnsXx:
Y'know...in a way prayer doesn't even need to be to God, it can be a general thing where you pray to just...I can't really describe it. Let me try and create and example...
So like, before a competition, someone could very well just say "Please let us win..." that's not necessarily directed to God. It's just a general prayer that lets us vent in a way.
o_o If that made -any- sense.
I agree with every little word down to the punctuation mark. Cool
~ Christie ~
Idiot
~ Christie ~
May 9th, 2006 at 04:09pm
No. I don't even think God, the one church have(invented, or whatever) doesn't exist.
Prayers are all just in everyones head. Maybe they works, because if you believe, they make you more self-confident (sp ?). But is all just you.
Matty.
Matty.
May 10th, 2006 at 01:45am
Trunks <3:
personally i think god and jesus and all that shit is just something people do and say becsause they are too fragile and when something goes wrong they believe it is gods doing instead of theyre own fault and becuase they rely on routine to get them through. like that john lennon guy said "religion is just a drug for the masses" he actually said opium but i dunno if thats how you spell it lol. praying is a waste of time

lol i bet youve never tried it
Matty.
Matty.
May 10th, 2006 at 01:54am
rofl you probably praid to meet billiejoe or something even more retarded
Melissa.
Jackass
Melissa.
May 10th, 2006 at 03:37pm
No
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 10th, 2006 at 05:30pm
Trunks <3:
personally i think god and jesus and all that shit is just something people do and say becsause they are too fragile and when something goes wrong they believe it is gods doing instead of theyre own fault and becuase they rely on routine to get them through. like that john lennon guy said "religion is just a drug for the masses" he actually said opium but i dunno if thats how you spell it lol. praying is a waste of time

and you dont need a crutch to lean on at some point in your life, many many people do and they find help and guidance in the church and praying
Arceus
Jackass
Arceus
May 11th, 2006 at 05:18pm
Magne:
Trunks <3:

and you dont need a crutch to lean on at some point in your life, many many people do and they find help and guidance in the church and praying

i agree Christianity is shit...
Register