Do You Think Praying Works?

AuthorMessage
hidude10
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
hidude10
May 11th, 2006 at 09:48pm
I'm Morman (against my own will) and the funny thing is I don't believe in God. Anyway, the Mormans beilve you have to pray for fucking everything, and it's pretty annoying. I don't think it works. Just makes people feel better sometimes. I don't believe in anything unless I see it...
It Had to Be You.
King For A Couple Of Days
It Had to Be You.
May 11th, 2006 at 09:51pm
hidude10:
I'm Morman (against my own will) and the funny thing is I don't believe in God. Anyway, the Mormans beilve you have to pray for fucking everything, and it's pretty annoying. I don't think it works. Just makes people feel better sometimes. I don't believe in anything unless I see it...
Umm..this is kinda off but do you believe in polygamy or is that an old belief?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 11th, 2006 at 10:04pm
hidude10:
if you dont believe in it, then you're not morman.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
May 11th, 2006 at 10:20pm
I dont believe that it works, i believe that you control your own fate and destiny!
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
May 12th, 2006 at 09:41am
Of course it works but sometimes i think that GOD doesnt hear me but i know hes up there but with very important issues.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 12th, 2006 at 11:07am
Put it this way: I pray twice a day because I attend christian school; I don't believe God exists as I mayself am atheist but I join in anyway to save the hassle, its just a few moments of my time and doesn't mean anything.

That isn't going to work.

If you pray once in your whole life, and you actually mean it, and you want something so much, it might just work...
~ Christie ~
Idiot
~ Christie ~
May 12th, 2006 at 11:08am
hidude10:

Hey I love your signature rofl
[/offtopic]
hidude10
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
hidude10
May 12th, 2006 at 07:08pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
hidude10:

Sorry, don't mean to sound rude, but that's the most ignate thing I think I have ever heard all day. *sighs* Okay, the Mormons used to practice polygamy back like in the 1800's, but they STOPPED in 1893 or something. Quite a long time ago, don't ya think? Anyway, the assholes who still do it believe in dragging the name of the Mormon church through the mud, when really the church has said so many times that they NO LONGER PRACTICE IT!!! In fact the Morman church frowns on pologmay and it is against the rules to do it. If you do it, your kicked out. It's getting really annoying having to explain that stupid stereotype to everyone I tell I'm Mormon.
So to everyone for going off topic, but I just had to clear that up.
MarioGirl
Geek
MarioGirl
May 13th, 2006 at 10:12am
Praying can work in as in away of hope for some situations, and hope can help you through lots of things. So in that way it can work wether or not there is a God to to listen or answer.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 13th, 2006 at 10:17am
hidude10:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
hidude10:

Sorry, don't mean to sound rude, but that's the most ignate thing I think I have ever heard all day. *sighs* Okay, the Mormons used to practice polygamy back like in the 1800's, but they STOPPED in 1893 or something. Quite a long time ago, don't ya think? Anyway, the assholes who still do it believe in dragging the name of the Mormon church through the mud, when really the church has said so many times that they NO LONGER PRACTICE IT!!! In fact the Morman church frowns on pologmay and it is against the rules to do it. If you do it, your kicked out. It's getting really annoying having to explain that stupid stereotype to everyone I tell I'm Mormon.
Ok, before you call me rude and ignorant, read what I said. I said that if she doesnt believe in the religion and have faith in it, then she really isnt following it, so she isnt a part of it. She obviously doesnt believe in alot of things, so trying to convince her its a good faith is pointless and who was "dragging the name through the mud"? Maybe you get so sick of explaining it becuase those you explain it do never needed the explanation.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 13th, 2006 at 11:08am
hidude10:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
hidude10:

i am also Mormon i married into a Mormon family and my children have been blessed into the Mormon church aswell, but however i do not practice anymore.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
June 14th, 2006 at 01:18pm
i used to pray when i was in deep, like when my grandad was really ill. i begged god to let him get better. then he died, and i think god either doesnt exist, or just doesnt care about people like me, hes too busy givin the assholes of this world everything they want
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 14th, 2006 at 01:26pm
anti-christ of suburbia:
i used to pray when i was in deep, like when my grandad was really ill. i begged god to let him get better. then he died, and i think god either doesnt exist, or just doesnt care about people like me, hes too busy givin the assholes of this world everything they want

i was asked a question about god and religion which seems the same things has you just said,

boy: Why does god let us suffer and we are suppose to be his children?

ME: Let me ask you would you give your child a skateboard?

BOY: well yes

ME: and you would tell him to be cearful yes?

BOY: of course i would.

ME: But you have to giver him freedom to choose yes?

BOY:yeah

ME: well god ahs given us the freedom to choose, and when we hurt ourselfs it is a learning curve, and nine times out of ten we will learn by our mistakes, we are his children and he wants us to learn.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
June 17th, 2006 at 08:29am
Magne:
anti-christ of suburbia:

i was asked a question about god and religion which seems the same things has you just said,

ME: well god ahs given us the freedom to choose, and when we hurt ourselfs it is a learning curve, and nine times out of ten we will learn by our mistakes, we are his children and he wants us to learn.

that is a good point, but i didnt make a mistake here, and i learned nothing, i just lost someone who was very close to me. i used to believe prayer actually worked, now i know it doesnt, and i know theres no omnibenevolent god out there, at least not one willing to help me
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 17th, 2006 at 08:35am
no.
WeeHez90
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
WeeHez90
June 17th, 2006 at 10:48am
nope i don't think praying works maybe it's just coz im an atheist and don't beleive but i do not think that praying works !
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 17th, 2006 at 12:30pm
Obviously not. Heard about that thing, a priest kneed down to pray, and the bottom crashed together orsomething ..
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
June 17th, 2006 at 12:51pm
Not if you want a Lamorghini Diablo to suddenly appear parked outside your window. Raspa
Ben thwarted
Geek
Ben thwarted
June 17th, 2006 at 02:09pm
Sometimes I find it helps... It's sometimes quite comforting... But it may just be coincidence.

I'm pretty sure if I asked for a fancy sports car to appear at my doorstep with a ribbon and bow attached which said; 'I'm yous!' then it wouldn't happen Razz
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 17th, 2006 at 08:36pm
anti-christ of suburbia:
Magne:
anti-christ of suburbia:

that is a good point, but i didnt make a mistake here, and i learned nothing, i just lost someone who was very close to me. i used to believe prayer actually worked, now i know it doesnt, and i know theres no omnibenevolent god out there, at least not one willing to help me
But doesnt death happen everyday? Your grandpa died Im sorry Im not trying to be mean but maybe it was his time. Like sometimes babies get born and then they die the next day. Maybe there's a purpose for it. Like to change the people they had an affect on. [people are prolly gonna jump me for saying that]
Register