Kitti:
Jesus Christ Supermarket:
spill_no_sick:
September_has_Ended:
I think God has selective hearing.
he has selective answering

Cool
IT.
No, the Christian God is clearly defined in the Bible as being male.
That's because MALES edited it Rolling Eyes

god made man in his own image!
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
July 1st, 2006 at 09:37pm
I don't pray all that often because it seemed whenever I would, it did no good. So to answer this question, I would have to say no, unless what you are praying for at the moment, is meant to happen...if that makes sense...That's just my thinking on it though.
So I suppose that sort of ties in with the selective hearing as mentioned above.
A Girl From OZ
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
A Girl From OZ
July 1st, 2006 at 10:10pm
NO!!!
DoodleToes
King For A Couple Of Days
DoodleToes
July 1st, 2006 at 11:53pm
NO
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
July 2nd, 2006 at 05:06am
You guys are all saying "no" but you're not saying why you think it doesn't work.

I believe things can happen if you wish hard enough for it. If that is praying, well, I don't know. I don't personally pray to god.

But, its not just praying for things. Its praying for people. If you pray for something materialistic, well, obviously its not gonna happen, because thats greedy. Make it happen yourself. But even though I don't believe in god, when my nana died I did something of a prayer for her. And hopefully she got that prayer.
imrad_xx
Jackass
imrad_xx
July 4th, 2006 at 04:28am
I don't believe praying 'works' but then again I'm also a very active athiest and I usually say anything that degrades the Christian religion when possible so yea... But I suppose as said above, if you want something enough and your intentions are pure, Magicalalalallllll things can happen!
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
July 8th, 2006 at 01:05pm
God only listens to 'important' people. he's too busy giving the assholes of this world all they want to listen to us. thats why the phrase 'only the good die young' is true
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 8th, 2006 at 10:23pm
anti-christ of suburbia:
God only listens to 'important' people. he's too busy giving the assholes of this world all they want to listen to us. thats why the phrase 'only the good die young' is true
mmkay. Im not very important or an asshole ://
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
July 9th, 2006 at 06:46am
anti-christ of suburbia:

No... have you surveyed every single person thats prayed?

And its not just go God either. I'm wiccan. I prayed, it worked. I'm not important. I hope I'm not an asshole.

Thats not really true. What you said, I mean.
Sylar
Sylar
July 9th, 2006 at 07:32am
I don't personally think so- I mean, I was raised a Christian and until I was about 13 (when I started reading into religion, occult history and several other things) I prayed to God for a lot of reasons almost daily.
I can't say, looking back on my childhood, he ever responded in any way whatsoever. I mean, I didn't have a bad childhood, but he just never quite got back to me.

I'm a Pagan now and am so, so much happier for it. I mean each and every one of the seven 'deadly' sins (lust, sloth, gluttony, wrath, greed, pride and envy) is human nature. To repress those urges has got to drive one insane to some degree.

WOW. I managed to get bloody off topic just then.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
July 9th, 2006 at 09:56am
To an extent yes, and then again it doesnt. i think prayers can be answered in some cases as a benefeit for one and not for the other, it could kind of depend on who is in need more.

Say like if a farmer prayed for rain for crops and a holiday-goer prayed for sun for enjoyment and it was concluded with rain, only one would be better off really.. if that makes sense.

But still, it could be down to chance because you could know of people with the weight of the world on their shoulders and having their prayers left unanswered.

Shifty
sabot4ge
Geek
sabot4ge
July 9th, 2006 at 05:44pm
through making this thread, you automatically assume everyone is a member of a praying-encouraging religion.. Razz

no, I don't believe it works, mainly because I'm not a believer in any faith..plus, whenever I did pray, nothing resulted from it..
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 9th, 2006 at 05:56pm
Mikko Lindstrom:
I don't personally think so- I mean, I was raised a Christian and until I was about 13 (when I started reading into religion, occult history and several other things) I prayed to God for a lot of reasons almost daily.
I can't say, looking back on my childhood, he ever responded in any way whatsoever. I mean, I didn't have a bad childhood, but he just never quite got back to me.

I'm a Pagan now and am so, so much happier for it. I mean each and every one of the seven 'deadly' sins (lust, sloth, gluttony, wrath, greed, pride and envy) is human nature. To repress those urges has got to drive one insane to some degree.

four of them I can repress the other three are kinda impulses that I really cant control :/
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 9th, 2006 at 06:38pm
sabot4ge:
through making this thread, you automatically assume everyone is a member of a praying-encouraging religion.. Razz

no, I don't believe it works, mainly because I'm not a believer in any faith..plus, whenever I did pray, nothing resulted from it..
"God is not your Trunk Monkey" - Kyle Idleman
(if you don't know what the trunk monkey is I'll find a link
SodasGirl
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
SodasGirl
July 10th, 2006 at 01:43am
Through personal experience, I know it does. I've had prayers answered before, several times.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
July 10th, 2006 at 04:59am
SodasGirl:
Through personal experience, I know it does. I've had prayers answered before, several times.

and i have!
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 10th, 2006 at 02:56pm
Sheepo@_@:
Mikko Lindstrom:

four of them I can repress the other three are kinda impulses that I really cant control :/
you don't go to hell if you do them, just ask for forgiveness and you're forgiven
damn, it's not that hard
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 10th, 2006 at 07:08pm
spill_no_sick:
Sheepo@_@:
Mikko Lindstrom:

you don't go to hell if you do them, just ask for forgiveness and you're forgiven
damn, it's not that hard
I never said it was hard o_o I just said 4 of those for me are like impulses, and yes ask for forgiveness those who are of the same faith as I. Though some people find it hard.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
July 11th, 2006 at 05:25am
Sheepo@_@:
spill_no_sick:
Sheepo@_@:
Mikko Lindstrom:

damn, it's not that hard
I never said it was hard o_o I just said 4 of those for me are like impulses, and yes ask for forgiveness those who are of the same faith as I. Though some people find it hard.

it also depends on what religion you practise, Later Day Saints (Mormons) believe that you have to work on forgivness.
Register