Was Hitler a weak or strong dictator? Did he do any good?

AuthorMessage
Dom
Jackass
Dom
November 30th, 2006 at 04:03pm
Bloodraine:
Dom:
i dont think it would take a holocost for people to learn that genocide is bad.....just because there were other genocides which were just as severe i think it was 4 million who died in the ukranian genocide, doesnt make the holocast any less terrible.

One quarter of the Ukranian population gone in less than 2 years.
Works out at around 10 million people, which is estimatedly more than the number of Jews killed via the Holocaust.

The point I was making (which seems to have been rather overlooked) is that if so many people were killed little over 60 years ago, and with current technology as it is, what is to stop it happening again on a bigger scale?.
Maybe its because we've seen the danger already.
People are wary of "doing a Hitler".
26 million is a pittance, a pittance of the destruction that could be achieved right now. And, I beg to reiterate, every historical event is valuable. The more extreme, the more valuable?
Perhaps so.

but it is still happening today! look at Darfur!
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 30th, 2006 at 04:52pm
Dom:
Bloodraine:
Dom:
i dont think it would take a holocost for people to learn that genocide is bad.....just because there were other genocides which were just as severe i think it was 4 million who died in the ukranian genocide, doesnt make the holocast any less terrible.

Works out at around 10 million people, which is estimatedly more than the number of Jews killed via the Holocaust.

The point I was making (which seems to have been rather overlooked) is that if so many people were killed little over 60 years ago, and with current technology as it is, what is to stop it happening again on a bigger scale?.
26 million is a pittance, a pittance of the destruction that could be achieved right now. And, I beg to reiterate, every historical event is valuable. The more extreme, the more valuable?
Perhaps so.

Rolling Eyes
I'm talking about Nukes, if that wasn't quite clear enough.
People in Sudan are not being Nuked.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 30th, 2006 at 07:44pm
Bloodraine:

Rolling Eyes

[off topic]
I thought "nukes" said "nucka" and I was literally about to roll on the floor laughing.

k thanx. Shifty
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
November 30th, 2006 at 07:50pm
Bloodraine:
Dom:
Bloodraine:
Dom:

Perhaps so.

Rolling Eyes

it doesn't matter if it nukes or good ole fashion beat them over the head with a stick. what i think dom is pointing out is that as much as it pains everybody we have yet to learn from history. World war 2 allowed already established countries to further revolutionize foreign affairs and humanity but in developing countries is mostly has not been put into practise.

I do think nuclear war will destroy us before global warming and maybe thats what suppose to happen. maybe man is suppose to destroy themselves so that nature can rebuild what we have tarnished.
Uncle Fester
Idiot
Uncle Fester
December 2nd, 2006 at 11:24pm
people have to remember that alot of people supported hitler. People who followed him either were forced or actually thought he was right. He was a great leader, even if he did terrible things.
TresQueen
Geek
TresQueen

Mibba
December 4th, 2006 at 07:10am
Hitler was a genius in his own way... he thought he was doing some good for the world in his time... He was successful for a while and manipulated so many people.... therefore a successful dictator... for a while
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
December 4th, 2006 at 09:06am
TresQueen:
Hitler was a genius in his own way... he thought he was doing some good for the world in his time... He was successful for a while and manipulated so many people.... therefore a successful dictator... for a while

What was genius about him?! Eh
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
December 4th, 2006 at 01:38pm
Somewhere in there, Courtney mentioned that Hitler had a good mind.

I agree.

He had an awfully good mind, he just didn't know how to use it properly. If he did, his country and his party would have been brilliant, and there would have been no killing involved.

K, so, I know that was stupid, its just my view Dno
Uncle Fester
Idiot
Uncle Fester
December 5th, 2006 at 01:39am
nah i agree ben.

if he used his mind to do good things for his country, they would be a very powerful country in military and trade and wateva
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
December 5th, 2006 at 11:57am
Make you Smile.:
TresQueen:

What was genius about him?! Eh
Nothing.

Me and this guy were having a debate (over some crappy homemade curry...meh) and he said that if Hitler went West instead of East, we would have been taken over easily because we wouldn't have had the supplies and such to defend ourselves.

I didn't argue because I don't know much about Hitler except from if you rearrange the letters A. Hitler you get The Liar and that he was a vegeterian and banned hunting.

So...any views?
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
December 6th, 2006 at 05:52pm
the guy had mental issues i mean, anyone who would kill that much people would have mental issues. he thought blond haired and blue eyed people should be the dominant race and he didn’t even have blond hair/blue eyes and he might of even been part Jewish

when they say he was smart they mean like...math smart i mean you would have to be math smart to concur so much country’s but that doesn’t make someone not evil.

he did kill himself during the war, that was a week thing to do, but he was going to be killed anyways
Uncle Fester
Idiot
Uncle Fester
December 7th, 2006 at 12:22am
he was smart. he was a great dictator, who could have done great things, but he misused power
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
December 7th, 2006 at 03:42am
he was a great leader and to some people he always will be, i really dont think he knew to the extent what was happenning, i believe that his generals were the worst people
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
December 7th, 2006 at 10:48am
I don't think he was very smart or intelligent, and people actually agreed with his doings til it all came back to them..

I think he was week in like killing himself, telling lies and being that hypocrital..
Peter Petrelli
King For A Couple Of Days
Peter Petrelli
December 7th, 2006 at 10:55am
A lot people didn't agree with his actions. Many 'normal' people obeyed him because that's what people do, obey those in authority. (generally speaking, it's never 100% obedience and conformity)

He was a strong dictator. Well, he was charasmatic at least, in that he could put forward his words with such strength that some were actually swayed to his line of thinking.

If you wanted to get all complex... I guess you could say he did do some good in making the world aware of what can happen, that situations like the Holocaust can take place, but it doesn't forgive by any means the thousands and thousands of lives lost by those fighting against him, or those who were captured.

I don't care for his personal life, I would've personally thought that it would be fairly easy to appear completely different at home and at work. What he did over those years, horrific as the outcome was, was his work.
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
December 7th, 2006 at 02:54pm
He was a smart guy,had the power but it all went to his head and he ended up killing most of his family because they were jewish.
*shoal_of_thneeds*
Geek
*shoal_of_thneeds*
December 9th, 2006 at 02:49am
He had a funny moustache...
Uncle Fester
Idiot
Uncle Fester
December 9th, 2006 at 05:24am
**!3m1ly!**:
He had a funny moustache...

lmfao
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 13th, 2006 at 02:04pm
i love the kids who oppressed him, the "edelweiss pirates"
they were so ace! i mean, a lot of the ones who were over 16 got hanged and whatever, but they did it anyway.

i was telling my history teacher the other day if i'd have been alive, i would have so been a part of the swing movement [people who listen to banned swing music because it was by black americans]

he didn't do very well at school, but then again he never really tried, except in art mainly, and i don't really think he was too good as an artist [my own personal opinion]. as a lot fo other people have said, yeah i do think he had a brain, but he just used it the wrong bloody way!
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
December 13th, 2006 at 02:31pm
Supa Skank™CID:
He was a smart guy,had the power but it all went to his head and he ended up killing most of his family because they were jewish.

No it was always his plan..
Register