Was Hitler a weak or strong dictator? Did he do any good?

AuthorMessage
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
July 22nd, 2008 at 02:12pm
Scars On Broadway:
Anji:
Scars On Broadway:
Okay, don't shoot me for this but I think he was both a strnge and weak leader but in all the wrong ways. A strong leader would accept his followers the way they are. A weak leader would hesitate in doing things but he didn't do either.

In my opinion Hitler was an egotistical bastard that was way over his head in trying to 'cleanse' the world. He was an idiot but he deffinatley left his mark.
Hitler was an immensly strong leader. Germans hung on his every word. Most even denied the existance of concentration camps until the war was finished and the Americans and Brits forced the German public to confront the horrors of what went on in concentration camps in person.

In no way was he idiotic, infact, I think it is an insult to the millions who lost their lives in World War II by writing off the cause as an idiot.

A smart person with good commen sense wouldn't lock up millions of people in concentration camps and let them diie like that. He was a very strong leader but the way he did things makes me classify him as a psycho. I think the millions woh were killed would probably agree that he was an idiot for what he did.

Yes, I do agree with Scars on Broadway that Hitler was a strong and weak leader. And I do agree with the rest of you that he was an idiot that left his mark, which unfortunately, was the killing of millions of people.

My history teacher this past year did tell us that the german people today are remorsefully ashamed of the concentration camps' existence. Havin such a terribly tragic history of death and innocent execution in your own country must be hard to live with in some ways. Especially this way that people world wide are still debating whether or not Hitler was a weak or strong dictator and if he did any good. The german people, I'd imagine, view Hitler as both a strong and weak dictator for the above reasons that you all have mentioned.
Steph:DonaNobisPacem
Geek

Blog
July 23rd, 2008 at 05:03am
I believe that Hitler was born to be a leader. Just the way he was able to take control of things was amazing. Unfortunatley, he had to go and screw things up.

With great power comes great responsibility. He took his natural talent, and used it for horrible things. He wasn't responsible. He had some screwed up views, and he was a murderer. It's because of his actions that he is going to be known as a murderer of millions rather than being known as a great leader.

If he had been wiser, and kept his ego to a minimum, he could have been great.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 23rd, 2008 at 03:42pm
Germans barely mention Hitler unless they talk with people from outside Germany, just mentioning history. They are extremely sensitive.
Geek

Blog
July 24th, 2008 at 02:49am
What he did was so bad, that all of the buildings he had built to help support his ego have been burned down, burried, and completely destroyed.
I'd be extremely senstitive, too.
Sad
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
July 24th, 2008 at 01:58pm
StephVery HappyonaNobisPacem:
What he did was so bad, that all of the buildings he had built to help support his ego have been burned down, burried, and completely destroyed.
I'd be extremely senstitive, too.
Sad

yeah, I'd be too.

Where the buildings that he had built destroyed as a part of the war? yes?

that's one thing i've gotten confused....
Spider Billie
Post Whore
Spider Billie

Blog
July 26th, 2008 at 11:57pm
I personally think he's a stupid genius.
sure he wasn't good,
but you have to argee that he was very smart.
I mean, who could get away with what he did for so long?
but the stupid thing was, he WAS Jewish.
But mabye he didn't pratice his religion?
Geek

Blog
August 4th, 2008 at 04:18am
No they weren't ALL destroyed as part of the war.

One of his larger buildings was buried under tons of rubbel left over from the war, and then buried over again by dirt. This all happened when they were cleaning up after the war ended.

the only structure left from Hitler's reign is the Olympic Stadium (i think), and all of the under ground tunnels and bunkers he had demanded to be built.

Random Adolf fact: Hitler was a vegetarian. (just had to share that.)
Love my insanity
Jackass
Love my insanity
August 14th, 2008 at 12:02pm
He didnt DO good. But of coruse he was a strong dictator. He accomplished what no one ever could. He killed more people in a personal way. He could have just gone the stupid way and dropped bombs like we did, but he was smart. Just a beasty smart.
Butterfly89
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Butterfly89
June 25th, 2009 at 08:30am
He was a murderer. Million innocent people died because of his plans and if I had lived at the time I deffnietly would to try all to disturb his horrible plans. Or I would have take a part in the white rose which catched against Hitler with papers.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
June 25th, 2009 at 12:23pm
Hitler knew what he wanted and went for it. He tricked millions of people for years and got damn close to world domination. He got the loyalty of his troops and his allies. He changed the world.

He did a lot of things that I cannot condone, and I hate him for it. So don't call me a Nazi, because he killed my family.

But he was a good and bad leader. A good leader in that he had the loyalty of many people and was a magnificent public speaker.

But he was a bad leader in that he did terrible things and hurt Germany, Italy, and Japan, the very countries he was trying to elevate. He killed many people. He idn't even care about his troops, followers, people, and country that he was in charge of.

Adolf Hitler was a deplorable man. He used Il Principe to govern himself, going by the rule that it is ideal to be both loved and feared, but better to be feared because achieving both is near impossible, though one should be careful not to be hated. He took that to mean he needed to rule the world with an iron fist.

Adolf Hitler was a fascist bastard who's rotting in hell with Satan fucking him up the ass with a flaming pitchfork.
Butterfly89
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Butterfly89
June 26th, 2009 at 07:30am
I totally agree with you. He should burn in hell and get all the pain the million of people had together.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
June 26th, 2009 at 11:57pm
Y'know, in the US during WWII, they had something similar.

People of any degree of Japanese descent were rounded up and sent to internment camps. They could only have one suitcase full of stuff, they had to sleep in small huts, and they were guarded and under a tight schedule 24/7. Then, when they were finally let out, they found their homes destroyed and all their remaining posessions plundered. Did they get any help from the government who did this to them, though? No. And everyone hated them because of Pearl Harbor. Their friends and neighbors turned on them, and pretty much anyone Japanese or linked to Japanese people were hated. So it wasn't just Hitler and it wasn't just his enemies. Everyone in that war fucked up to a degree.
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
July 6th, 2009 at 06:15pm
Well he must have been a strong dictator to have been that greatly feared.

I'm not pro Nazi or anything.
Yes I Am God
Basket Case
Yes I Am God
July 11th, 2009 at 01:30pm
All I have to say is, of course he was a strong leader. Otherwise, he wouldn't have done all that he did. Everyone hung on to his every word and agreed with him even if they didn't actually agree with him.

If he was a weak leader, the whole Jewish holocaust wouldn't have happened at all.
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
July 11th, 2009 at 05:23pm
Anji:
Germans barely mention Hitler unless they talk with people from outside Germany, just mentioning history. They are extremely sensitive.
true that.. I joked around to some German foreign exchange students at my school, they were my friends, but I called them Nazis and they.. well, they definitely didn't take it lightly.
one of my friends asked him (my German guy friend) how to say something like "shoot the Jews and burn the Polish" and my German friend nearly cut my friend's head off...
[/offtopic]
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
July 11th, 2009 at 05:26pm
also, I guess Hitler was a good dictator. I think was a good speaker, he could really get people's attention with his speeches (not pro Hitler..)
and people were clearly too scared of him to try and stop his liquidation of the Jews/many other minorities that he hated.
He was a terrible person, however. I don't like him, I don't like what he did. I feel terrible when people use "Jew" as an insult.. Because it's really not.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
July 12th, 2009 at 08:18pm
Some of my ancestors died in Auschwitz.

And whenever my friend asked me why I think that the Holocaust was 'such a big deal' I kept explaining how Hitler had many many people killed and WHY that is BAD. Then she watched The Boy In The Striped Pajamas and now she agrees that Hitler SUCKED.

Now, she wasn't a Nazi or anything, she just really didn't see it as that big of a deal or that it had that much of an influence on her.

I think that if everyone watched that movie then there wouldn't be any more neo-Nazis in the world.

It's a bit off-topic, I suppose, but...

Yeah, Hitler should have been drowned at birth like they did in Ancient Sparta. He SUCKED.
Yes I Am God
Basket Case
Yes I Am God
July 12th, 2009 at 09:37pm
North Italy:

And whenever my friend asked me why I think that the Holocaust was 'such a big deal' I kept explaining how Hitler had many many people killed and WHY that is BAD. Then she watched The Boy In The Striped Pajamas and now she agrees that Hitler SUCKED.

Now, she wasn't a Nazi or anything, she just really didn't see it as that big of a deal or that it had that much of an influence on her.

I think that if everyone watched that movie then there wouldn't be any more neo-Nazis in the world.

Yeah, Hitler should have been drowned at birth like they did in Ancient Sparta. He SUCKED.

Have you seen Schindler's List? That effects a lot of people, too. Make her watch that one.
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
July 13th, 2009 at 03:24pm
North Italy:

who knew at birth that he'd turn into such a nasty person? it's not like he came out with a little moustache and a swastika on his arm. every life is valuable, it's just up to the person living it to make it worthwhile.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 13th, 2009 at 03:51pm
North Italy:

That is a totally nonsensical argument because equally Hitler could have grown up to be the next Gandhi or Martin Luther King. No person is born evil, it's all down to opportunity, environment and what we personally experience in life. You've got no way of determining what new born babies are going to turn out mass murderers and which are going to turn out to be wondeful people.

I'd also like to add that dorwning a newborn baby is all sorts of morally deplorable, not to mention murder and infanticide, but yeah. I'm sure drowning newborn babies was the sort of thing Hilter approved of, and that says it all really.
Register