Was Hitler a weak or strong dictator? Did he do any good?

AuthorMessage
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 19th, 2006 at 12:01pm
Coff:
Misanthropist:
How does that make his childhood fucked up? Neutral

Living with people who have mental illnesses can be extreamly hard. If it was someone he looked up to, he may have gotten ideas and morals from them.

Plus, mental illness can run in the family. It could have affected him, as well.

I read somewhere that it was speculated that Hitler was obsessive-compulsive. I don't know whether or not they reached a conclusion on that, but yeah. If he actually was severly obsessive-compuslive, that might have something to do with his ideals and stuff. Because one of the reasons for the Holocaust (though its a minor reason) was that he wanted to remove from the world what he saw as a fault in himself--Jewish blood.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
December 24th, 2006 at 03:54pm
Maiku's Requiem:

And the only reason why he was able pull it off is because at the time, Germany was turmoil do to the punnishments imposed by the Treaty of Versailles at the end of World War I.
So you figure you have a whole nation that's in proverty and ruin.It doesn't take much effort for someone to say, " I will get us out of this, and make us greater then the ones that did this to us" and cause alot of people to fallow him, give him power ect.

There were more than one reason.
Mike N Tre Erections
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Mike N Tre Erections

Blog
July 8th, 2008 at 07:46am
Hitler wasn't a genius, like some people like to claim. But he was a smart man.

As for being a tacticion, he was terrible. Didn't have a notion on that subject.

Propaganda - I think without Gobbels and Riefensthal he wouldn't have made it. (sorry I spelt their name's wrong)
schooldropout
Banned
schooldropout

Blog
July 8th, 2008 at 11:34am
Despite the holocaust. hitler did some good in his own little way but I guess that's how you look at it.

Hitler motivated the German people to fight back against their own oppression of debt, Germany was left paying for all the costs of the ww1. So he obviously had the balls to you know stand up for it, I mean it wasn't fair just to blame Germany.

All though after Hitler made his political point of standing up saying " this wasn't only our fault, we're not paying the debt." The silent protest turned to a massacre against jews, mostly because he felt that they were the people who had destroyed the Germans chances of winning WW1. It's a very complicated situation and a touchy subject.

I personally think Hitler did have the right intentions at the start, but along the line they seemed to doubt themselves and that's when inoccent people started to be killed for who they were. That's the part I don't believe in.
He was a good motivator for the German people to fight back, but not worth dying over.
schooldropout
Banned
schooldropout

Blog
July 8th, 2008 at 11:35am
I think at the same time the mass genocide of people was perhaps a good thing, that way it couldn't happen now and people are more aware of what happened and would could have happened if it wasn't stopped. It's like a lesson. It's learned sometimes but only if you look at it from every single angle and analyse the evidence.
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
July 8th, 2008 at 01:28pm
I've done a lot of research about Hitler and leaders just like him. In my opinion, yes, Hitler was evil. He is evil because of the mass genocide of 5 million people, which was his idea and was under his control. But, the Holocaust is only a fraction of how many people died in the Gulags in Russia. In total, over 20 million people were killed in the Gulags, If you don't believe this, feel free to look it up.

He was a good leader in a way too because he motivated the german people to believe that they could change from the way they were before WWII. Hitler was a veteran of WWI and fought for his country. He had strong political beliefs, which are discussed by Hitler himself in his book, Mein Kampf, or my struggle. He helped the Nazi Party rise in power, which means that he is powerful and strong.

Unfortunately, yes, he did believe that there was a master race, the german race and discriminated against those who didn't 'qualify'. Such people were, jews, gypsies, cripples, Hitler's least favorite politicians, homosexuals, mentally disabled people. Again, this is discussed by Hitler himself in his book, Mein Kampf or my struggle.

But, he was also a very strong and all mighty powerful military leader as he...

A) Built up his military army in weapons and yes, did so against the treaty that ended WWI.
B) Continued to fight and dominate land.

I'm not saying all of this is good, I'm just forming my opinion around all of these facts. Overall, yes, he was pure evil.
Addison Dewitt
King For A Couple Of Days
Addison Dewitt

Blog
July 9th, 2008 at 03:26am
Mike N Tre Erections:

As for being a tacticion, he was terrible. Didn't have a notion on that subject.

But then again, nobody else really did either. Dno

Hitler was a very persuasive leader. Knew how to spin things over and over until nobody knew what was going on. He was brilliant, just extremely crazy.

You know whats weird? He actually had good intention, sort of, - he wanted to create the perfect race. But obviously didn't know how to get there very well, he only knew to kill off the people who weren't blond haired and blue eyed (Which doesn't make too much sense because he had brown hair and brown eyes Eh) and the Jewish were a very large part of the...imperfection he saw?

And his hate for the Jewish didn't help much, I was reading about how, when he was still in school at a point in time one of his classmates was Jewish philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein, whom he apparently had multiple conflicts with and some people say that could have helped form his hatred. Dno

Crazy guy. Powerful guy. Bad childhood. Admirable in some aspects. Despicable in others. Coffee
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 13th, 2008 at 05:56pm
Bloodraine:
Hitler did great things. Terrible things, yes, but great.
Lol. Isn't that from Harry Potter?

Well, the whole of Harry Potter is applicable here.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 13th, 2008 at 05:58pm
Of course he is renowned for his animal activism, as a vegetarian, he created some of the first animal rights laws in Europe.
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
July 13th, 2008 at 06:59pm
Anji:
Of course he is renowned for his animal activism, as a vegetarian, he created some of the first animal rights laws in Europe.

Alright, I'll give him credit to that.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
July 14th, 2008 at 09:11am
Jimney Cricket:
Anji:

Alright, I'll give him credit to that.

oh yeah why havn't green peace made him there spokesman yet I mean we all know he's good at making speeches that seems to be the only point being made in this thread.

I made an incrediably long post on oage one nearly a year ago when this came up and its still there to rebute any good point made about hitler but amazingly in the large scale of ww2 i didn't mention animals. oh the shame of it.

So how about this, German soldiers fighting the russians had so little resources of food they had to eat their own horses and dogs. Hitlers pet dogs use to be beaten into submission. bada bing.
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
July 16th, 2008 at 08:39am
NeoSteph:

So how about this, German soldiers fighting the russians had so little resources of food they had to eat their own horses and dogs. Hitlers pet dogs use to be beaten into submission. bada bing.

Well, the germans fought the Russians for over 2 years. They weren't prepared for the harsh Russian winters. So, that helps explain why they ate their own animals. As cruel as it sounds, they were in the situation of survival of the fittest, so their own animals were the only source of nourishment that they had.

Really? Hitler beat his dogs into submission???
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
July 16th, 2008 at 08:47am
NeoSteph:

his girlfriend Ava, was his niece. She was into masochist behaviour. no matter much he 'loved' her it was incest and an abusive relatioship.
he had very little to do with Nazi laws or acts in fact he was bored by it
Medical experiments were the works of Dr mengele and were put into place by Himmler it can't even be proven Hitler knew about them.
Hitler liked kids because he loved being more powerful than others and nothings more fragile than children.

Okay, the whole his girlfriend was his niece is completely screwed up! Yes! I agree it was incest!
Yeah, Hitler didn't know about the medical experiments of the children. As messed up as the medical experiments of children is, we can't blame hitler for it, only Dr. Mengele and Himmler.
HItler also must have loved kids because they were the future generation. So, he probably wanted them to believe what he was saying and his beliefs and continue the practice of them when he was long gone... if that makes sense...
toybox trash
Jackass
toybox trash
July 19th, 2008 at 05:58pm
Okay, don't shoot me for this but I think he was both a strnge and weak leader but in all the wrong ways. A strong leader would accept his followers the way they are. A weak leader would hesitate in doing things but he didn't do either.

In my opinion Hitler was an egotistical bastard that was way over his head in trying to 'cleanse' the world. He was an idiot but he deffinatley left his mark.
Princess of Punk
Princess of Punk
July 20th, 2008 at 08:05pm
Anybody who says Hitler is a hero is wrong.It is wrong wrong did I say it was wrong??He killed innocent ppl cause of their beliefs.
toybox trash
Jackass
toybox trash
July 21st, 2008 at 11:21am
Hardy and Moore Diva:
Anybody who says Hitler is a hero is wrong.It is wrong wrong did I say it was wrong??He killed innocent ppl cause of their beliefs.

Exactly! In my history class we were debating about him and a few people said he did right. He killed many, many people so we could have a 'perfect' world. In my opinion, he's just another man that should've been locked in an asylum long before his time.
Baguelle
Baguelle
July 22nd, 2008 at 05:23am
I don't think I can say anything positive about this man. I don't agree with his morals or the work that he did.

When lyrical_mess mentioned that he might have suffered from OCD, I thought that one of her possible reasons behind his need to kill is justified by his possible illness. To me, it makes lots of sense that he reacted in such a way. Not that all people with OCD would do this sort of thing, but you get the idea.

I also read somebody's post that said he made a lot of mistakes for people to learn from, which would be a good thing that he had done while he was dictating. Truly, that isn't him doing the good. It's the people after him that are learning and changing. Had he changed his opinions, that might be considered something decent.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 22nd, 2008 at 09:29am
I think it's interesting that, when concentration camps are taken out of the equation, Hitler is/was actually a very admired figure. Gandhi famously supported Hitler before the news of concentration camps spread all over the globe. and I think he was Time magazine's man of the year at one point as well.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 22nd, 2008 at 09:52am
Scars On Broadway:
Okay, don't shoot me for this but I think he was both a strnge and weak leader but in all the wrong ways. A strong leader would accept his followers the way they are. A weak leader would hesitate in doing things but he didn't do either.

In my opinion Hitler was an egotistical bastard that was way over his head in trying to 'cleanse' the world. He was an idiot but he deffinatley left his mark.
Hitler was an immensly strong leader. Germans hung on his every word. Most even denied the existance of concentration camps until the war was finished and the Americans and Brits forced the German public to confront the horrors of what went on in concentration camps in person.

In no way was he idiotic, infact, I think it is an insult to the millions who lost their lives in World War II by writing off the cause as an idiot.
toybox trash
Jackass
toybox trash
July 22nd, 2008 at 11:37am
Anji:
Scars On Broadway:

Hitler was an immensly strong leader. Germans hung on his every word. Most even denied the existance of concentration camps until the war was finished and the Americans and Brits forced the German public to confront the horrors of what went on in concentration camps in person.

In no way was he idiotic, infact, I think it is an insult to the millions who lost their lives in World War II by writing off the cause as an idiot.

A smart person with good commen sense wouldn't lock up millions of people in concentration camps and let them diie like that. He was a very strong leader but the way he did things makes me classify him as a psycho. I think the millions woh were killed would probably agree that he was an idiot for what he did.
Register