Was Hitler a weak or strong dictator? Did he do any good?

AuthorMessage
goldenyears
Geek
goldenyears
July 14th, 2009 at 09:24am
^ Exactly. Personally, I think that so much of what was wrong with Hitler (and a surprising amount of other dictators) was probably a result of his childhood and how he grew up.

I mean, he lived in Vienna for a few years, and there were a lot of freely available anti-Semitic pamphlets there. If he hadn't read those, maybe things would have been different. Both his mother and father died when he was young, and by the age of twenty he was homeless. And then there was fighting in World War One, which probably didn't help.

If he'd been born into another family, or had a better life in general, who knows what he would have been like.
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
July 14th, 2009 at 01:06pm
my history tutor always put his hatred of jews down to his rejection from a jewish architect college in vienna idk how true this is
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2009 at 11:48am
I was taught that he did get rejected from an architect college in Vienna, but I don't know if it was a Jewish college.

Family Guy pins his hatred of Jews to him being all scrawny and weak in a gym and then looking at this muscular, handsome Jewish guy getting all the girls.

Really, who knows what was really the thing that pushed him so far?
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2009 at 11:54am
Yes I Am God:
North Italy:
Some of my ancestors died in Auschwitz.

And whenever my friend asked me why I think that the Holocaust was 'such a big deal' I kept explaining how Hitler had many many people killed and WHY that is BAD. Then she watched The Boy In The Striped Pajamas and now she agrees that Hitler SUCKED.

Now, she wasn't a Nazi or anything, she just really didn't see it as that big of a deal or that it had that much of an influence on her.

I think that if everyone watched that movie then there wouldn't be any more neo-Nazis in the world.

It's a bit off-topic, I suppose, but...

Yeah, Hitler should have been drowned at birth like they did in Ancient Sparta. He SUCKED.

Have you seen Schindler's List? That effects a lot of people, too. Make her watch that one.

I saw it, and I know what you mean. My English teacher wouldn't show it in school because no one in the class was mature enough to watch it. 'Cept she said I was. So two days after she said that I turned on the TV and it was on HBO. And as a little kid my friend saw it. But the Boy in the Striped Pajamas really got to her.

And the whole 'drowning at birth' thing was just a product of my anger. Besides, Hitler could have grown up to be something good, but he didn't. He was Hitler. HITLER. I do not in any way condone drowning babies. PRODUCT. OF. ANGER. And I think the entire world has a right to be angry at Hitler, because he screwed over his enemies, allies, and people.
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2009 at 12:28pm
Italia Veneziano:

I saw it, and I know what you mean. My English teacher wouldn't show it in school because no one in the class was mature enough to watch it. 'Cept she said I was. So two days after she said that I turned on the TV and it was on HBO. And as a little kid my friend saw it. But the Boy in the Striped Pajamas really got to her.

And the whole 'drowning at birth' thing was just a product of my anger. Besides, Hitler could have grown up to be something good, but he didn't. He was Hitler. HITLER. I do not in any way condone drowning babies. PRODUCT. OF. ANGER. And I think the entire world has a right to be angry at Hitler, because he screwed over his enemies, allies, and people.

anger doesnt constitute for ignorance
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2009 at 02:56pm
Plenty of other people in the world have said stupid things out of anger, and they don't get called on it.
clark
GSBitch
clark
July 16th, 2009 at 08:31am
totally different situations miss you cant just go on a mental one in the middle of a discussion
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
July 16th, 2009 at 12:58pm
Italia Veneziano:
Plenty of other people in the world have said stupid things out of anger, and they don't get called on it.
Smile
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
July 16th, 2009 at 03:37pm
And if I'm certifiably insane?

Look, we're off-topic here. I believe the discussion was, and I'm taking this directly from the TITLE of the topic, "Was Hitler a weak or strong dictator? Did he do any good?" Not "You shouldn't get angry and you shouldn't say things you don't mean, even if you aren't in the right state of mind."
Viva.La.Cami
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Viva.La.Cami
July 17th, 2009 at 12:13pm
I saw this and thought of my history teacher Shad. He told us that Hitler "never meant to kill all of those Jews. He wasn't that bad." I disagree. He still killed all of those people without a second thought. He is still a serial killer. I hope that he is rotting in hell at this very moment.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
July 17th, 2009 at 01:44pm
I think your history teacher's one of those Holocaust deniers.

They do one of the following:
(a) deny that the Holocaust ever happened
(b) say it was different (aka the camps had pools and tennis courts, etc.)
(c) say that Hitler "didn't mean it"
(d) say it was the fault of the people in the camps, and that they did something wrong.
XxWistfulxX
Jackass
XxWistfulxX
October 22nd, 2009 at 03:10pm
StephVery HappyonaNobisPacem:
I believe that Hitler was born to be a leader. Just the way he was able to take control of things was amazing. Unfortunatley, he had to go and screw things up.

With great power comes great responsibility. He took his natural talent, and used it for horrible things. He wasn't responsible. He had some screwed up views, and he was a murderer. It's because of his actions that he is going to be known as a murderer of millions rather than being known as a great leader.

If he had been wiser, and kept his ego to a minimum, he could have been great.

yeah i think your 100 per cent right.he was an amazing leader,but also a cruel obsessed fanatic Sad
XxWistfulxX
Jackass
XxWistfulxX
October 22nd, 2009 at 03:11pm
Viva.La.Cami:
I saw this and thought of my history teacher Shad. He told us that Hitler "never meant to kill all of those Jews. He wasn't that bad." I disagree. He still killed all of those people without a second thought. He is still a serial killer. I hope that he is rotting in hell at this very moment.

woah wait a minute Viva.La.Camis history teacher! Hitler intented to wipe out every race on earth other than germany,& especially the Jews
Willow
Geek
Willow
October 31st, 2009 at 08:35pm
you can't necessarily credit the unemployment rate going down to his doing. it could have been inherited or due to other environmental factors. personally, i think the guy was the incarnate of the anti-Christ.
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
October 31st, 2009 at 11:03pm
He wasn't a bad man.
He had a few problmes.

And,
He was just bitter toward Jew's and what not for a insure reason.

I look up to Hitler,
He was a very Intelligent man.
Just...used his inteligents in a not so posiitive way
Willow
Geek
Willow
October 31st, 2009 at 11:08pm
SidKnee.:
He wasn't a bad man.
He had a few problmes.

And,

I look up to Hitler,

there are a lot of intelligent people to look up to. why him?
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
October 31st, 2009 at 11:30pm
Willow:
SidKnee.:
He wasn't a bad man.
He had a few problmes.

And,

I look up to Hitler,

there are a lot of intelligent people to look up to. why him?
Yes, why him? He murdered countless people just because he was a nutjob. I for one have a personal vendetta against him because he killed my family. And even if he hadn't I would still hate him for all the people he killed. He basically thought like so: You had to be straight, white, Christian, German, and (preferrably) a Nazi to matter (also preferrably blone and blue-eyed), otherwise you're worthless and deserve to die. I just don't understand how anyone could look up to someone like that.

Why not Dr. Martin Luther King or Theodore Roosevelt or Frederick the Great of Prussia? Why Hitler? I mean, you're entitled to your own opinion, but why do you look up to someone like that?

Also, in my opinion, if he were truly intelligent, he would have never done any of the horrible things he's infamous for. He was a bad man, because he consciously killed people just because they weren't his idea or perfect. And as far as problems, he had more than a few.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
October 31st, 2009 at 11:42pm
Uhm,
You don't really know any of that,
You asume it, many do.

I look up to him, because of just how intelligent he was.
It just amazes me,
And how well he thought things through, they didn't work out perfect.
Truely a amazing man.

Sure what he did was bad,
But think about it,
He didn't do anything differen't from anyone who's ever gone to war.

And all of those people that helped him,
Or weren't put in concetration camps,
Didn't do a darn thing.
Didn't even tryyyy.
It's not like he was he only bad guy there.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
October 31st, 2009 at 11:57pm
SidKnee.:
Uhm,
You don't really know any of that,
You asume it, many do.

I look up to him, because of just how intelligent he was.
It just amazes me,
And how well he thought things through, they didn't work out perfect.
Truely a amazing man.

Sure what he did was bad,
But think about it,
He didn't do anything differen't from anyone who's ever gone to war.

And all of those people that helped him,
Or weren't put in concetration camps,
Didn't do a darn thing.
Didn't even tryyyy.
It's not like he was he only bad guy there.
So you're basically saying it's alright to take over a government and destroy the lives of millions of people, desolate countless nations, terrorize the entire world (especially Europe)?

Your arguments are flimsy, I have to say. First of all, many did try, but in secret. And many who didn't try only didn't because of fear for what would happen to them or their families. Ever seen Valkerye? Based on a true story. Schindler's List? True story. Sure, he wasn't the only bad guy, but if it weren't for him all those people mightn't have been savagely murdered. Do you have any idea what happened in those camps of his? People were beaten, tortured, put to work, raped, mocked, degraded, broken. They had to bathe with soap on which it said 'Jew fat'. They had to eat the other inmates. Their bodies were piled into mass graves or incinerated. They were gassed and shot and frozen and bludgeoned or died from poor health. There was one camp in which everyone was called 'Sarah' to break their spirits. Their hair was used to line pipes and stuff pillows. Their belongings were ripped from them and given to others. If you couldn't work, you know where they sent you? A DEATH CAMP. The elderly, children, the sick... EVERYONE. Ever see The Boy In The Striped Pajamas? Another true story. Diary of Anne Frank? True story. You see all these things and yet you look up to the man that did this? This is what I don't understand. If Gerard Way or Billie Joe Armstrong ever did something like that they wouldn't be my idols anymore. In fact, I'd probably be the one to kill them! I just don't get it.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
November 1st, 2009 at 12:11am
I didn't bother to read past "your arguments are flimsy"...
Because I wasn't here to, and didn't try and strike up a debate.
Just answered whyyy, I looked up to him, as was asked.

But, I do have a point in what else I said.
That's all I have to say to you Italia Veneziano.

I am Native, Eurpoeans came and killed almost all my people.
I am not here complaining, holding it against all Europeans and "whites."
So you need to just chill.
Register