Child molestation

AuthorMessage
Automatic man
King For A Couple Of Days
Automatic man
May 27th, 2005 at 10:26pm
definately harsher punishments than now but I think death is a little extreme...

Once you take a childs innocence you can never get it back. There isnt a punishment harsh enough in my opinion. You have completely changed their life. It doesnt matter to me who molests you man or women its taking your innocence. Many people get off easily with stupid punishments and loop holes. I also think we need to evaulate why they have done this. Therapy or something to help them umderstand what they did was wrong. Too many excuses are made for them they need to own up to their problems and get help.
Automatic man
Automatic man
May 27th, 2005 at 10:31pm
Guest:
Once you take a childs innocence you can never get it back. There isnt a punishment harsh enough in my opinion. You have completely changed their life. It doesnt matter to me who molests you man or women its taking your innocence. Many people get off easily with stupid punishments and loop holes. I also think we need to evaulate why they have done this. Therapy or something to help them umderstand what they did was wrong. Too many excuses are made for them they need to own up to their problems and get help.

You see tons of molesters get theropy and still aren't cured. For certain people there just isn't hope trying...

if therapy doesnt work than other methods should be attempted. I dont think locking someone up will solve the problem we need to try to understand and help them. Im not sure what to do if hterapy doesnt work. But too many people get off to easily with molesting children, and having to face little or no consquences. I also think its a choice to get help with your problems. There may not be a 'cure' for an obsession with molesting children but you can get help. ITs a choice and if you choose no then others shouldnt have to live with the consequences. especially children.
Automatic man
Automatic man
May 27th, 2005 at 10:47pm
Guest:
if therapy doesnt work than other methods should be attempted. I dont think locking someone up will solve the problem we need to try to understand and help them. Im not sure what to do if hterapy doesnt work. But too many people get off to easily with molesting children, and having to face little or no consquences. I also think its a choice to get help with your problems. There may not be a 'cure' for an obsession with molesting children but you can get help. ITs a choice and if you choose no then others shouldnt have to live with the consequences. especially children.
I understand but you have to realize that some people just can't be helped, and how exactly are you going to determine if these molsetors have been cured from theropy or not? Your safest bet is to lock them up forever but it is alo unfair to those who can be cured....

i completely understand that some cant be helped and you wouldnt be able to tell truthfully if they had been helped or not. i agree that they should be given harsher punishments. when i was younger i was molested and the person faced very few consequences, i belive it was therapy for a while then they were allowed to go. Even when they were getting hterapy they were allowed to be 'free'. Now of course every case is different yet many molestors are not given adequte punishments. I think that the punishments should be harsher. MAny molestors can be unpunished because of age. we should be protecting our children. people who are the victims are left to pick up the pieces in their lives. ok im done with my rant, this issue is really personal to me and many others im sure. I want molestors to have harsher punishments and therapy if they are willing but not in replacement of a punishment.
Ruby Soho
Geek
Ruby Soho
May 27th, 2005 at 11:42pm
I think that we should either give them a life sentence or the death penelty.
american_idiot_94
Falling In Love With The Board
american_idiot_94
May 27th, 2005 at 11:44pm
xfashion_victimx:

death penalty? no one deserves that....even if you take another person life you dont deserve that
Ruby Soho
Geek
Ruby Soho
May 27th, 2005 at 11:48pm
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:

death penalty? no one deserves that....even if you take another person life you dont deserve that

Well i guess your right it is harsh,but they scarred (sp?) another person for life..
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
May 27th, 2005 at 11:49pm
Therepy doesn't work though. I was watching a doco or something where they were talking to a "reformed" child molester who went to jail and had weekly therepy, and he even said so himself that he still got urges to molest and that he thinks he will have the urges for the rest of his life. What if one day these urges become too much and he does it again, ruins another child's life? He shouldn't have been let out.
american_idiot_94
american_idiot_94
May 27th, 2005 at 11:51pm
xfashion_victimx:
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:

Well i guess your right it is harsh,but they scarred (sp?) another person for life..

yea but nobody deserves death for that
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
May 27th, 2005 at 11:55pm
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:

Yes they do. My grandfather molested my biological mother and her two sisters and fucked them up for life. All became addicted to drugs and my mother intentionally overdosed and killed herself, my aunt is in jail for and my other aunt hasn't been heard of in about 10 years. He ruined their lives and I think he deserves to be killed.
american_idiot_94
american_idiot_94
May 27th, 2005 at 11:59pm
+PanhandlingMisery+:
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:

Yes they do. My grandfather molested my biological mother and her two sisters and fucked them up for life. All became addicted to drugs and my mother intentionally overdosed and killed herself, my aunt is in jail for and my other aunt hasn't been heard of in about 10 years. He ruined their lives and I think he deserves to be killed.

how would he learn anythign from being killed....you just put him out of his misery sooner....give him a long sentence...he would lose whatever relationships he had and well basically lose everything he ever had and just rot in a jail cell for the rest of his life and then he would relieze that would he did was horrible and then know that even though he know what he did was wrong he would never be given another chance by anyone ever again
Ruby Soho
Geek
Ruby Soho
May 28th, 2005 at 12:01am
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:

In my opinion i still think they should get the death penelty i mean hello..they fucked up the kid/s live...but hey thats just my opinion.
Ruby Soho
Geek
Ruby Soho
May 28th, 2005 at 12:02am
american_idiot_94:
+PanhandlingMisery+:
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:

how would he learn anythign from being killed....you just put him out of his misery sooner....give him a long sentence...he would lose whatever relationships he had and well basically lose everything he ever had and just rot in a jail cell for the rest of his life and then he would relieze that would he did was horrible and then know that even though he know what he did was wrong he would never be given another chance by anyone ever again

Wow..good point..
american_idiot_94
american_idiot_94
May 28th, 2005 at 12:03am
xfashion_victimx:
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:

In my opinion i still think they should get the death penelty i mean hello..they fucked up the kid/s live...but hey thats just my opinion.

so they kids who bully kids at school also deserve the death penalty...they fuck up kids lived pretty bad and i know that first hand. do they deserve death than too?
american_idiot_94
american_idiot_94
May 28th, 2005 at 12:04am
xfashion_victimx:
american_idiot_94:
+PanhandlingMisery+:
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:

Wow..good point..

thank you
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
May 28th, 2005 at 12:10am
american_idiot_94:
+PanhandlingMisery+:
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:

Well, I hadn't really thought about that. I think my hatred for him clogs my brain sometimes. I guess that would be better, spending his life in a small box...but he's old, almost dead anyway. In jail child molestors usually get beat up/killed though, maybe they should just be sent out into the middle of a jail with no protection.
american_idiot_94
american_idiot_94
May 28th, 2005 at 12:13am
+PanhandlingMisery+:
american_idiot_94:
+PanhandlingMisery+:
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:

Well, I hadn't really thought about that. I think my hatred for him clogs my brain sometimes. I guess that would be better, spending his life in a small box...but he's old, almost dead anyway. In jail child molestors usually get beat up/killed though, maybe they should just be sent out into the middle of a jail with no protection.

nobody thinks about it like that....people are obsessed with killing these days and its really sickening. people dont deserve death... and no matter how much you hate them
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
May 28th, 2005 at 12:27am
american_idiot_94:
+PanhandlingMisery+:
american_idiot_94:
+PanhandlingMisery+:
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:
american_idiot_94:
xfashion_victimx:

nobody thinks about it like that....people are obsessed with killing these days and its really sickening. people dont deserve death... and no matter how much you hate them

I'm sorry, but I just can't be empathetic towards these people. They deserve whatever they get, and more. But as I don't make the laws or pass down sentances, I can't do anything but express my opinion and I don't think I'm being harsh at all.
Register