Global warming

AuthorMessage
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
June 21st, 2006 at 07:39pm
Global Warming hasn't really taken effect yet, at least on humans. Your change from 50 degrees to ninety degrees was simply a warm/cold front that was passing over where you live.
However, it has already wrought a change in the lives of polar bears. Because of global warming, the ice in which the polar bears live on is melting, and they are forced to go farther and farther away from ice, which has resulted in much more frequent drownings; they got too tired in the water and stopped moving.
GD Addicts Anonymous
Falling In Love With The Board
GD Addicts Anonymous
June 21st, 2006 at 09:23pm
I think global warming probably is happening as we speak, and we need to take action before it's too late. The last thing we need is another ice age. We need to make an effort to conserve the amount of pollution by everyone making small steps to help, but I don't know if that will happen.
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
June 21st, 2006 at 11:25pm
Well global warming is a sucky thing that is happening in our society
today and will continue to be there is a movie coming out named the inconvient truth all about it

i think if people stopped throwing there trash away on the side of the road we be alot better and we didnt have these big ass hummers or nissan titans you know

maybe global warming wont affect us as much but it will affect our grand kids
or something
GreenDayCastaway
GreenDayCastaway
June 22nd, 2006 at 12:14am
there is a movie in theaters on global warming.
"An Inconvenient Truth"
just thought i'd share if anyone wanted to watch it.
it's a documentary. yea...
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
June 22nd, 2006 at 01:35am
GreenDayCastaway:
"An Inconvenient Truth"
yeah i know i just said that
GreenDayCastaway
GreenDayCastaway
June 22nd, 2006 at 02:17am
strummer92:
GreenDayCastaway:
"An Inconvenient Truth"
yeah i know i just said that

haha oops sorry.
totally didn't read that.
yeah i saw it. =)
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 31st, 2006 at 11:38pm
<3Romance<3:
Hmmm... Actually, I don't know what to think about it. I mean, when my parents were younger, people also talked about the global warming and the seasons changing and stuff. But so far, I haven't seen temperature rising to 30°C in winter.
But you hear it all the time, yes, it's true. I live in Belgium, and in May, it was a few days up to 30°C. People were immediately talking about the global warming, cause this was never seen. When my parents hear that, they think of a summer in their younger days. That summer was pretty hot, not like any of the summers we had lately.
The planet is warming up, we can't deny that. But it's not like it's going to explode within a couple of years. Cause that's the way people are acting.

Well said.
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
August 1st, 2006 at 03:29am
"Will Global warming happen?"

Baby.. it is happening Sad.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
October 1st, 2006 at 10:56pm
global warming is deffently real and it really upsets me that the govermint is not doing anything about it

i am very sensative to heat and it scares me my science geek brother says that if at keeps going at the same rate by 100 years the averige temp for areas that have summer/winter weather (ex.Chicago) the averige will be like 90 F.

Earlier this year, officials in the Canadian Inuit territory of Nunavik authorized the installation of air conditioners in official buildings for the first time. Artificial cooling was necessary, they decided, because summertime temperatures in some southern Arctic villages have climbed into the 80s in recent years.
tom_in_a_box
Geek
tom_in_a_box
October 2nd, 2006 at 02:39am
dont blame me because i didnt say it but my friend argues that there is no such thing as global warming purely cause by polution. the reason the world is warming up is because we are leaving another ice age.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
October 2nd, 2006 at 06:49am
tom_in_a_box:
dont blame me because i didnt say it but my friend argues that there is no such thing as global warming purely cause by polution. the reason the world is warming up is because we are leaving another ice age.

we are on the verge of an ice age, thats what i heard on the tele a while ago.
tom_in_a_box
Geek
tom_in_a_box
October 2nd, 2006 at 07:05am
Lucifers Angel:
tom_in_a_box:

well thats would make sense then. we need to heat up before we can freeze over again
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
October 2nd, 2006 at 07:07am
tom_in_a_box:
Lucifers Angel:
tom_in_a_box:

well thats would make sense then. we need to heat up before we can freeze over again

i think it'll come whatever we tried to do.
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
October 2nd, 2006 at 07:07am
Mmkay, lemme share my knowledge with you all, and clear some things up to those confused.

Pollution tears up the ozone layer, which blocks so much heat from the sun from reaching the planets surface. So when the ozone layer deteriorates, the planet steadily gets warmer. This is known as global warming, obviously.
Global warming can cause a climate shift, that we know, as an ice age.

Baffled as to how that works?

It's not so complicated really...

The overall temperature of the planet increases by a certain amount each year, things obviously get hotter, yes?
Well, the polar ice caps consist of fresh water, not saltwater found in our oceans.

If the polar ice caps continue to melt, the fresh water mixes with the saltwater, resulting in desalinization, which screws up the North Atlantic current, to which we in the Northern Hemisphere owe our habitable climate, therefore plunging us into an ice age after a massive, violent storm brings the fronts through.

Global warming is happening people, and the cracked ice shelves, are your proof. We may not notice such little temperature rises, but the ice sure does, as it's been melting.
But, weather happenings all across the world, also serve as a compass. Take Katrina for example. Sure, people can argue it was just a really strong hurricane. But at the time, and near that time, all kinds of other junk was going on like the Tsunamis, etc. Then you have the record highs we were getting this year. All over the country, and most likely in other areas of the world as well.

Where I live, it get to 100 degrees, perhaps 5-6 times a summer. That's it.
It was 105+ For a week straight here. A WEEK STRAIGHT. Then after it cooled some, it was still 95-100 for the next 10 days.
I have never seen a summer so bad here.
Our climate is already on a huge decline as it is from just watching the weather.

These weather happenings might not seem related, but they are, what happens around the world, is interconnected because of that current I mentioned above. It if gets disrupted in the least little way, Mother Nature wreaks havoc.
tom_in_a_box
Geek
tom_in_a_box
October 2nd, 2006 at 07:09am
Lucifers Angel:
tom_in_a_box:
Lucifers Angel:
tom_in_a_box:

i think it'll come whatever we tried to do.

yeah if its gonna happen its gonna happen right?
personally i dont believe it is JUST the damage to the ozone layer that is to blame because they are now proving it is repairing itself
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
October 2nd, 2006 at 07:11am
tom_in_a_box:
yeah if its gonna happen its gonna happen right?
personally i dont believe it is JUST the damage to the ozone layer that is to blame because they are now proving it is repairing itself
But is it reparing itself faster than what we destroy it? That's the question.
You can't stop an ice age. It's a course of nature, you can only delay it.
tom_in_a_box
Geek
tom_in_a_box
October 2nd, 2006 at 07:13am
but if it is an onset of another ice age then that cant really be our fault
and there is only so long you can delay it whether to cut out polution or not
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
October 2nd, 2006 at 07:15am
tom_in_a_box:
but if it is an onset of another ice age then that cant really be our fault
and there is only so long you can delay it whether to cut out polution or not
The idea, is to delay it as long as possible.
Not only is an ice age a threat of global warming, but it can make parts of the world unhabitable because they would get too hot. Some plants wouldn't be able to thrive, food chains would be disrupted, and it would just be chaos.

One food chain, can ruin everything in an area.
tom_in_a_box
Geek
tom_in_a_box
October 2nd, 2006 at 07:19am
i know that. all im saying is we cant stop it indefinately just like we cant blame one thing for the cause of it either
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
October 2nd, 2006 at 07:23am
tom_in_a_box:
i know that. all im saying is we cant stop it indefinately just like we cant blame one thing for the cause of it either
Things can be blamed for it when they are scientifically proved.
The global warming talks, and how pollution and the burning of fossil fuels are ruining the ozone, have been going on since I was little, and I am a total weather nut (as I'm sure you can gather by now) so I have been watching. I've grown up watching and studying the weather, or at least trying. And the weather is declining.

The idea is to delay it and preserve things as long as possible.
Don't worry too far ahead, you lose sight of what's in front of you and what's going on in the now.

It can't be stopped, and one thing can't be blamed.
It's a variety of causes, and people across the world pointing the finger and aruing, isn't going to help delay this.
Register