AuthorMessage
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
December 28th, 2006 at 12:59am
NeoSteph:
Anji:
spill_no_sick:
YOU DON'T SEE THE EFFECTS A FEW DAYS AFTER THE CAUSES!!! IF SOMETHING HAPPENS DURING ONE PRESIDENT'S ADMINISTRATION IT'S BECAUSE OF SOMETHING THE PREVIOUS TWO PRESIDENTS PUT INTO EFFECT. YOU MORONS SHOULD KNOW THIS
That's true, the thing is if the currents leaders of the world refuse to take action, our grandchildren will be experiencing the effects which we have cause. The problem with in office terms is that the president will only consider doing what's right during the years in which he will be a president. The effect of the decision won't be felt until years later, so it's a load off of one persidents sholders, and a load on to another's who will most likely have the same perspective as the previous.

whats the use in blaming the past generations

Bush refused to sign at G8, it does not matter what other presidents have done in the past it's what the leaders of the present do now. Stopping admissions decreases Global warming, technology now shows us we have the means to use new methods to produce energy resources but we're so bone idle and too content in our ways to care. Yes in the last three terms of presidency it's been a back burning issue that for the most part is ignored, but now it's George Bush's turn and it's his responcibilty as the leader of the most powerful nation in the world to take responcibility.

(you saw this whoring coming) wow, I made a huge motherfucking post and all that was acknowledged was the part that can be used to make Bush out like an asshole (alright, now that all that is said, hopefully someone might read it...I know, doesn't it suck that you have to read to have an opinion...maybe I should do the American thing and give you a catchy bumper-sticker phrase for you to regurgitate later)

alright, you can't blame Bush for not taking resonsibility only Americans can take
if they want to be assholes, harm the atmosphere, and then blame the president then they can go ahead
he isn't their mommy, telling them what they have to do to and what cars they have to drive, that would make him more like a dictator than a president

"no use blaming past presidents but we can sure as hell blame the one we have now" how hypocritical can you get?
Anji, Steph, I had so much respect for you two as non-Americans who knew what she was talking about

you are right, responsibilty should be taken now
but don't blame the president, because it's not him who should be taking it
that's right, it's us
now, it would be great of him if he started more programs educating us about the dangers of buying huge fucking jackass-mobiles (it's like the ciggarette syndrom, "it'll kill you and your loved ones and give you all cancer" but what makes them stop is, "it makes your teeth yellow and costs a lot of money"...except no one listens to, "it's killing the atmosphere and decreasing your health and makes it difficult for other people on the roads and parking lots" we should say, "it makes you look like a redneck asshole with dick for brains who does shit about the world and in turn blames the president

(one last whore comment) seriously, if you want to get involved in political discussions, but don't want to read full articles on unbiased sites, my stuff is like a stepping stone, it's just as long, but it's like, "Politics for Dummies by and unauthorized author" (sorry, it just pisses me off I took forever on that one
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
December 28th, 2006 at 01:08am
Band Geek.:
Disadvantage of fossil fuels is what put the friggen hole in the ozone layer.
A great movie to portray Global Warming and the whole Ice Age deal is "The Day After Tomorrow."

The fact that the world is using too much fossil fuels mechanisms and materials, the ice caps at the poles will melt faster than you expect.

Except that movie is really scientifically incorrect.

And I agree with Nick. You can't blame any leader, because it's up to everyone to stop it.

your president, prime minister, king, king, whatever you have, can't be reponsible for everything that you do. Sure, they could make laws that would slow the depleation of the earth and the ozone layer, but it's up to all of you to do something about it.

K so above Australia and Antartica, there is a massive hole in the ozone layer. Skin cancer is a big problem here. But anyways, we can't use spray cans that have CFCs in them (I think that's what they are, anyways), and while that's a start, it's a small start. The government can't control how much electricty your house uses, how often you use your car, etc. You have to control that.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
December 29th, 2006 at 12:00pm
spill_no_sick:
NeoSteph:
Anji:
spill_no_sick:
YOU DON'T SEE THE EFFECTS A FEW DAYS AFTER THE CAUSES!!! IF SOMETHING HAPPENS DURING ONE PRESIDENT'S ADMINISTRATION IT'S BECAUSE OF SOMETHING THE PREVIOUS TWO PRESIDENTS PUT INTO EFFECT. YOU MORONS SHOULD KNOW THIS
That's true, the thing is if the currents leaders of the world refuse to take action, our grandchildren will be experiencing the effects which we have cause. The problem with in office terms is that the president will only consider doing what's right during the years in which he will be a president. The effect of the decision won't be felt until years later, so it's a load off of one persidents sholders, and a load on to another's who will most likely have the same perspective as the previous.

whats the use in blaming the past generations

Bush refused to sign at G8, it does not matter what other presidents have done in the past it's what the leaders of the present do now. Stopping admissions decreases Global warming, technology now shows us we have the means to use new methods to produce energy resources but we're so bone idle and too content in our ways to care. Yes in the last three terms of presidency it's been a back burning issue that for the most part is ignored, but now it's George Bush's turn and it's his responcibilty as the leader of the most powerful nation in the world to take responcibility.

(you saw this whoring coming) wow, I made a huge motherfucking post and all that was acknowledged was the part that can be used to make Bush out like an asshole (alright, now that all that is said, hopefully someone might read it...I know, doesn't it suck that you have to read to have an opinion...maybe I should do the American thing and give you a catchy bumper-sticker phrase for you to regurgitate later)

alright, you can't blame Bush for not taking resonsibility only Americans can take
if they want to be assholes, harm the atmosphere, and then blame the president then they can go ahead
he isn't their mommy, telling them what they have to do to and what cars they have to drive, that would make him more like a dictator than a president

"no use blaming past presidents but we can sure as hell blame the one we have now" how hypocritical can you get?
Anji, Steph, I had so much respect for you two as non-Americans who knew what she was talking about

you are right, responsibilty should be taken now
that's right, it's us
now, it would be great of him if he started more programs educating us about the dangers of buying huge fucking jackass-mobiles (it's like the ciggarette syndrom, "it'll kill you and your loved ones and give you all cancer" but what makes them stop is, "it makes your teeth yellow and costs a lot of money"...except no one listens to, "it's killing the atmosphere and decreasing your health and makes it difficult for other people on the roads and parking lots" we should say, "it makes you look like a redneck asshole with dick for brains who does shit about the world and in turn blames the president

(one last whore comment) seriously, if you want to get involved in political discussions, but don't want to read full articles on unbiased sites, my stuff is like a stepping stone, it's just as long, but it's like, "Politics for Dummies by and unauthorized author" (sorry, it just pisses me off I took forever on that one
My post is about presidents in general, as this scenerio does happen every term. Yeah, I don't like Bush, but I'm leaving the blaming for other people to do. I'm sick of doing it myself.

Most Americans though, love competition, as I recall. Another thing they love is cars. And if one person gets a big car, somebody else gets a bigger one, so on so forth, as demonstrated by Arnie Schwartzenager (Screw how you actually spell it.) when he got his enormous Hummer, and everyone else in California followed within a couple of years. It's some self preservaation thing, I guess. Same with guns in America, but that's a different topic. People think that the bigger the car, the less likely you'll be the disadvantaged car when in an accident. So cars are just getting bigger and bigger, and these bigger cars use more fuel, of course.

The 'Growing Effect' as I've heard it being referred to in social psychiatric essays, occurs as well with televisions, sound systems, air conditioners, heaters, computers, everything, causing a larger amount of electricity to waste I mean, use for a useful purpose... Rolling Eyes
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 29th, 2006 at 01:27pm

could you explain to me exactly how that is hypocritical. You can't dwell on the past and it doesn't help to when it come to sorting out present problems. Yes Mr president is not to blame for the effects of global warming but it's his term now and if he does nothing it's his problem.

America is responsible for a quarter of all carbon dioxide emissions - an average of 40,000 pounds of carbon dioxide is released by each US citizen every year - the highest of any country in the world, and more than China, India and Japan combined. I would say on a world scale that more than anyone the American people need to take responcibilty and as the leader of the american people, he needs to push them in the right direction.

''you are right, responsibilty should be taken now
that's right, it's us''

Bush holds the power, Bush holds the pen. what your saying is instead of one man having to step up and take responcibilty the environment has to wait until an entire nation gets a clue. which can't happen unless the head honcho's in charge stop worrying about the cost effective and start realising without a planet nothing really matters.

''he isn't their mommy, telling them what they have to do to''

Well he tells them how much to pay on taxes.
How much their education is worth.
Who they should go to war with and why

Why is this so different?
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
December 29th, 2006 at 03:14pm
It's so weird here sometimes. Like, it'll be really cold and the next week it'll be pretty nice. I mean, we got a TON ass of snow. It was so deep and so much. And then it all melted and we haven't had any since. That was in either the end of November or the beginning of December.

I think about Global Warming every day. I'm not obsessed, just worried. Yeah know? Sadly I don't think we can really stop too much of it because there's a lot of people in the world and a lot of damage done and only so many people care enough to do something about it. And I don't think there's enough people to fix the damage already created and still going on.

Is there anyway to fix the ozone layer? I mean, like the holes that are being created. Can you fix those?
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
December 29th, 2006 at 03:17pm
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!:
It's so weird here sometimes. Like, it'll be really cold and the next week it'll be pretty nice. I mean, we got a TON ass of snow. It was so deep and so much. And then it all melted and we haven't had any since. That was in either the end of November or the beginning of December.

I think about Global Warming every day. I'm not obsessed, just worried. Yeah know? Sadly I don't think we can really stop too much of it because there's a lot of people in the world and a lot of damage done and only so many people care enough to do something about it. And I don't think there's enough people to fix the damage already created and still going on.

Is there anyway to fix the ozone layer? I mean, like the holes that are being created. Can you fix those?

I hope all the Saran Wrap I'm saving can help, otherwise I'm in for one hell of a disappointment.
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
December 29th, 2006 at 03:23pm
Saran wrap? For what? O.o The ozone layer holes?
JCJP
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
JCJP
December 30th, 2006 at 11:58pm
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!:

we have already started to fix that with banning the chemicals that cause the hole in the ozone layer to form, our main problem now is fossil fuels.

Im passing out flyers at school and doing everything i can, im buying copies of "an inconvenient truth" and am passing them out at school.

Im doing everything i can here.

Drum up support for this issue whereever you can!
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
December 31st, 2006 at 03:47am
When we stop caring about money and start caring about everything else, the environment will be able to heal itself.

Before i get bombshelled as being off topic, let me explain. Fossil fuels cause a lot of pollution, but they are cheap. Alternative power sources are a bit expensive to set up and maintain, unlike coal/oil/gas systems.

Also, some people think wind turbines or solar panels are an eyesore, but personally i think theres something attractive about turbines rotating in the wind, or those panels shining in the sun. (apologies for the off topic-ness of that last comment)

If its left alone, when we stop damaging it like we do, the environment has an amazing capacity for healing itself.
R A V E
Geek
R A V E
December 31st, 2006 at 12:14pm
i reckon that it will happen anyway, eventually. But were just making it happen alot faster.
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
December 31st, 2006 at 05:08pm
JCJP:

we have already started to fix that with banning the chemicals that cause the hole in the ozone layer to form, our main problem now is fossil fuels.

Im passing out flyers at school and doing everything i can, im buying copies of "an inconvenient truth" and am passing them out at school.

Im doing everything i can here.

Drum up support for this issue whereever you can!

Right, right. The ban of chlorofluorocarbons(CFC), right? In the early 90's I believe. Jeez, I don't even wanna imagine what the world would be like if they hadn't made that ban.

Aren't air conditioners bad? Like, I'm not sure. That could also have something to do with CFC's.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
February 27th, 2008 at 06:40pm

I have to agree with both these guys.
EDIT: Oh wait! I just realized it's the same guy!
Anyway, I agree. I think global warming is a myth. I about a year or two ago, I didn't have an opinion on it. But my mom said that she didn't believe it. So, I don't. I think people are wasting their time and money. BUT! That does't mean that I don't think recycling is stupid. I recycle. I think planting trees is good. We need the oxygen. But I don't plant tree to collect all the excess carbon dioxide that is "eating" the ozone layer.

They say that the temperature haven't been this high since the 1800's. But back then they didn't have SUVs.

Like the Right Brothers say in their song, "Stop Global Whining:"

The earth's been heating up and coolin' back down
Since the day it started spinnin' 'round and 'round

Here's the a video of it:

btw they don't have an official video for it.

I know no one is going to watch it, but I'm just so immature like that.
superfan
Geek
superfan
March 11th, 2008 at 06:17am
<3Romance<3:
But should we therefore forbid cars?

Not forbid (imagine the chaos!) but reduce and increase public transport, making it more frequent, cheaper and cleaner.

And cleaner fuels are always a good thing!

But it's not just cars, there's hundreds if not thousands of things contributing to GW...

I think the small household things will mount up in the end... you know on the adverts on TV tell you to turn your washing machine down to 30? And switch off appliances which aren't being used? I think that would all help tbh!
Rockaway Beach
Jackass
Rockaway Beach
March 28th, 2008 at 10:24pm
It's true that to a certain extent we, ourselves as individuals can take better care of the planet. But how many can afford to? Hybrid cars that run on electric are so expensive. It costs hundreds to get from one city to another by coach, train or tram here in England. Bus fares are rising every year.

Its the same for so many other causes. Free range meat? How can a working class family afford that? Organic or vegetarian options? Ditto.

My point is, we can moan as much as we like. Whether you think the government is to blame, or that it's every individual has a duty, or both, we need to take a good look at the people in charge who are choosing money and power over peoples and the earths well-being.

Personally, I think global warming is a government sponsored "fear factor" whereby we the people will believe it is us to blame - get all guilty and remorseful and then play right into the "global warming" industry and tax schemes without complaint. Not to mention taking attention away from other events we should be watching much more carefully. But that's just my opinion.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 29th, 2008 at 11:09am
I'd like to point how that electricity costs money, therefore using less electricity will cost less money. Therefore everyone can afford using less electricity and hurrah, the world is saved.

Also, free range meat is some of the cheapest meat you can possibly buy, just people don't have the access to it. I do, because I can go to any market here and free range meat will be sold directly from the farmer. About a third of the price as meat from the supermarket.
Rockaway Beach
Jackass
Rockaway Beach
April 1st, 2008 at 02:06am
Anji:
I'd like to point how that electricity costs money, therefore using less electricity will cost less money. Therefore everyone can afford using less electricity and hurrah, the world is saved.

Also, free range meat is some of the cheapest meat you can possibly buy, just people don't have the access to it. I do, because I can go to any market here and free range meat will be sold directly from the farmer. About a third of the price as meat from the supermarket.

Regardless of whether people use electricity or not, the coal, oil and gas power plants are still gonna be chucking it all out and sending co2 emissions. But co2 doesn't even cause global warming, so that argument is useless.

And tbh, i'd like to know where you shop, because my experience has been the exact opposite.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 2nd, 2008 at 09:47am
Rockaway Beach:
Anji:

Regardless of whether people use electricity or not, the coal, oil and gas power plants are still gonna be chucking it all out and sending co2 emissions. But co2 doesn't even cause global warming, so that argument is useless.

And tbh, i'd like to know where you shop, because my experience has been the exact opposite.
I shop at markets for all my meat and egg products. And I live in a developing country, so there is absolutely no industrial interference with the food that I eat. I know this because part of my family are farmers. Chicken farmers to be precise, so I know exactly what happens to the meat and what I'm eating. It's like really non-industrial at all. The meat doesn't get packaged, there is a friend of my family's who drives to the city to sell any of the leftover chicken when there is an over-production. To be honest, it's difficult to talk about this economically, because developing country's economics is much different to the more economically developed countries'.

To illustrate how completely unartificial the process is, this is one of the farms in the villiage my mother lives in:
The chicken pens are under the wooden planks and the chickens would be let out during the day in an enclosed area. I can't find a picture of my gran's farmhouse type thing, but yeah, you get the picture. The farmers who sell their products here are living on the verge of poverty. And yet they sell as much as they can produce, it's subsity farming, and they enjoy their way of life as well.

Nothing like farms you usually get in America with hundreds or thousands of chickens and with like machinery and a factory for mass production.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 2nd, 2008 at 02:41pm
Anji:

Organic and free range food is waaaay more expensive than battery-produced stuff in Britain. Even when you go to buy it from the actual farms or farm shops, it is definitely more costly.

The whole 'organic' movement is mostly for richer people.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 3rd, 2008 at 12:08pm
Bloodraine:
Organic and free range food is waaaay more expensive than battery-produced stuff in Britain. Even when you go to buy it from the actual farms or farm shops, it is definitely more costly.

The whole 'organic' movement is mostly for richer people.
Yeah, I know. Do you know why that is? It's kinda sad, because it's mostly because land is expensive, so larger farms with more land can only afford to keep free range livestock if their prices are increased. When I lived in Canada I couldn't live on free range meat. A lot of the stuff I used to buy was imported from Thailand though, because I do love my Thai food, and some of these meals are cheaper and better quality. Like noodles from Thailand use less chemicals in the agricultural process, and they're cheaper than the ones that acutally come from Canada.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
April 3rd, 2008 at 07:14pm
Shadow of a Doubt:

They say that the temperature haven't been this high since the 1800's. But back then they didn't have SUVs.

the temps are higher now then in the 1800s

it hasn't been this high for over 100.000 years

Register