Global warming

AuthorMessage
tom_in_a_box
Geek
tom_in_a_box
October 2nd, 2006 at 07:26am
well thats the only point i wanted to make no one thing can be blamed and all this blaming each other is distracting from actually doing something about it
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 4th, 2006 at 12:52pm
tom_in_a_box:
but if it is an onset of another ice age then that cant really be our fault
and there is only so long you can delay it whether to cut out polution or not
We are halping to increase toe global warming. The Earth does have a natural heating and cooling cycle which is purely based on geography and geology but our physical impact is just making everything worse.
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
October 4th, 2006 at 05:53pm
i live in the valley and during the summer it got up to 108 degrees and about 2 hours later there was a thunderstorm...and i out of the 5-6 years i have been living here ihave never seen anything like that

could it be global warming?......or wacky pre-desert weather
Watoosh!
Geek
Watoosh!
October 4th, 2006 at 07:10pm
it seems like people would evolve to adapt to the warmer tempatures and that being born into a wamrer climate would cause them to be used to it and not realy notice the difference. besides, we can't really control it, so i dont see any use in flipping out over it.
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
October 4th, 2006 at 10:26pm
cause different weather can mess up our crops and ecosystem
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
October 4th, 2006 at 11:44pm
strummer92:
cause different weather can mess up our crops and ecosystem
The weather becoming erratic is often a sign of global warming.
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
October 4th, 2006 at 11:45pm
Watoosh!:
it seems like people would evolve to adapt to the warmer tempatures and that being born into a wamrer climate would cause them to be used to it and not realy notice the difference. besides, we can't really control it, so i dont see any use in flipping out over it.
We can't control it, but we can take measures to delay it, and that is better than doing nothing.
Would you not flip out if suddenly we were in another Ice Age thanks to it?
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
October 5th, 2006 at 03:12pm
[Serena] Fallen Angel:
Watoosh!:
We can't control it, but we can take measures to delay it, and that is better than doing nothing.
Would you not flip out if suddenly we were in another Ice Age thanks to it?
no, no I believe I'd be frozen.....or I'd high jack a ship to the moon, either or
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
October 6th, 2006 at 08:05pm
The ozone layer is suppose to be repairing itself, appearently chlorine-based chemical levels in the atmosphere have peaked and may be declining, and the hole in the ozone layer over Antarctica should close within 65 years.
Uncle Fester
Idiot
Uncle Fester
October 8th, 2006 at 06:57pm
that also depends on what we do to it
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
October 8th, 2006 at 07:28pm
Watoosh!:

I really doubt that people would evolve to adapt to the warmer temperature.

There was a question in one of my science tests, that was something like "Do you think the human species are in a evolutionary cul-de-sac (dead end)?"

Personally, I agree with this statement. We have gotten smarter, and we have invented new things to make us more comfortable. If its really really hot, turn on the fan. If its freezing, turn on the heater. As the hotter temperatures come, more and more aair conditioners are installed. We're not evolving, or adapting to the changing conditions, we're changing them to suit us, and that can only happen for so long.
Uncle Fester
Idiot
Uncle Fester
October 8th, 2006 at 08:34pm
Coff:
Watoosh!:

I really doubt that people would evolve to adapt to the warmer temperature.

There was a question in one of my science tests, that was something like "Do you think the human species are in a evolutionary cul-de-sac (dead end)?"

Personally, I agree with this statement. We have gotten smarter, and we have invented new things to make us more comfortable. If its really really hot, turn on the fan. If its freezing, turn on the heater. As the hotter temperatures come, more and more aair conditioners are installed. We're not evolving, or adapting to the changing conditions, we're changing them to suit us, and that can only happen for so long.

yeah butputting on the airconditiong or the heater just kills the ozone layer more, also look at the animals and such that dont have these things to help them.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
October 8th, 2006 at 11:44pm
Uncle Fester:

yeah butputting on the airconditiong or the heater just kills the ozone layer more, also look at the animals and such that dont have these things to help them.

Yeah, thats what I was saying. We're not adapting to the changing environments, we're changing them to suit us, and we won't always be able to change them to suit us, and then where will we be?
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
October 9th, 2006 at 10:34am
okay, so it's scientifically proven that since the invention of the car the Earth has grown warmer (DUN-DUN-DUN!!!!!!!!!!) one degree (DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!)

scientist hypothesize that in the next two years the Earth will grow warmer and additional (dun dun dun) four degrees (AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

now, they haven't quite been able to officially prove that it's directly caused by global warming (but all that aside, really, what other possibilities could there be? we all know that there's one thing on Earth that can cause such a dramatic increase in heat as this: Republican's cars

but wait, I have a theory that I can't prove because I don't have billions of the governments funding

in 1896 (year of the first car) the world's population was roughly 1,480,000,000

according to census.gov the current world population is 6,528,089,562 and growing at a rate of three people per second

now, the main thing blamed for global warming (since the whole, "not having suffecient proof" thing is holding us back from being definate, but I believe them, if they would just pull their heads out of their asses, quit blaming people, and do the damn research we could be sure...) is carbon dioxide
cars release a lot of it

but the fact that the world population HAS GONE UP 441% (no I didn't use the trickery of saying, "since one begins with 1 and the other begins with 6 it's six times" because I'm not a misleading asshole like that) MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE INCREASE IN CARBON-MOTHERFUCKING-DIOXIDE! (I swear I didn't steal that from Bush, my own words)

now, what else do humans let off?
oh yeah, BODY HEAT
I know these "scientists" (whom, if you haven't notice, don't have my respect because they experiement with the conclusion in mind which is a very shitty way to work) have to measure temperature from all around the world, but I'm sure the fact that they use averages from both dense populations and in the middle of the Artic Ocean skews the facts

even if California (which was as populated as Montana until the late 1860s) had one hundred degrees of the increase since the 1890s (which would be a direct cause of overpopulation) if Antartica only had .01 degree of increase that's still one full degree

of course the measure all of the world (aka all the parts that give them the results they want) and so the measure more populated parts than unpopulated parts so yes, body heat is a factor

overpopulation is a huge problem and I think the fact that we have to use 441 % MORE resources contributes to the ozone depletion (oh yeah, just a little something most of these "scientists" forget to mention that really isn't all important anyway but it's so small I just thought I'd add this 'fun fact', the ozone layer repairs itself and has done that for such a long time. Oh yeah, and the ozone layer's depletion isn't a direct cause of anything that happened since the eighties since these are gradual things. You all seem to forget this along with the rest of America. YOU DON'T SEE THE EFFECTS A FEW DAYS AFTER THE CAUSES!!! IF SOMETHING HAPPENS DURING ONE PRESIDENT'S ADMINISTRATION IT'S BECAUSE OF SOMETHING THE PREVIOUS TWO PRESIDENTS PUT INTO EFFECT. YOU MORONS SHOULD KNOW THIS.) (oh, so I could also make a case that all of the hairsray used in the eighties contributed since we're experiencing our parents' follies, but that's complete bullshit and I'm not about persuading people so I won't use that propaganda that is irrelevant to what I'm saying which is currently nothing so I'll get back on topic now)

by 2045 the population will break 9 billion (that's 9,000,000,000.....nine zeros, I'll wait while you count) and we use plenty-o-resources, emit plenty-o-carbon dioxide, saving the tree won't save us (since about 80-85% of all carbon go in, oxygen go out tranfers occur with algae, not trees

now, again, this is just a theory that makes since to me since I didn't create it with the plan on who to blame since that's all any government is doing now and we'll never get the right answer because NO ONE'S LOOKING FOR THE ANSWER JUST TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHO TO BLAME!

I didn't have the billion dollar budget to come up with this, I had yahoo.com and various other search engines (NOT WIKIPEDIA! WIKIPEDIA IS UNRELIABLE AND OVERBIASED)
this is just a theory, but it just kind of makes since because I'm not really blaming anyone

but please, (according to my thoery), in love for mother earth, get your human spaded and nuetered
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
October 28th, 2006 at 11:06am
Global Warming makes me feel physically sick so I tend not to think about it too much. I'm a coward like that.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 28th, 2006 at 11:21am
spill_no_sick:
YOU DON'T SEE THE EFFECTS A FEW DAYS AFTER THE CAUSES!!! IF SOMETHING HAPPENS DURING ONE PRESIDENT'S ADMINISTRATION IT'S BECAUSE OF SOMETHING THE PREVIOUS TWO PRESIDENTS PUT INTO EFFECT. YOU MORONS SHOULD KNOW THIS
That's true, the thing is if the currents leaders of the world refuse to take action, our grandchildren will be experiencing the effects which we have cause. The problem with in office terms is that the president will only consider doing what's right during the years in which he will be a president. The effect of the decision won't be felt until years later, so it's a load off of one persidents sholders, and a load on to another's who will most likely have the same perspective as the previous.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
October 28th, 2006 at 08:15pm
Anji:
spill_no_sick:
YOU DON'T SEE THE EFFECTS A FEW DAYS AFTER THE CAUSES!!! IF SOMETHING HAPPENS DURING ONE PRESIDENT'S ADMINISTRATION IT'S BECAUSE OF SOMETHING THE PREVIOUS TWO PRESIDENTS PUT INTO EFFECT. YOU MORONS SHOULD KNOW THIS
That's true, the thing is if the currents leaders of the world refuse to take action, our grandchildren will be experiencing the effects which we have cause. The problem with in office terms is that the president will only consider doing what's right during the years in which he will be a president. The effect of the decision won't be felt until years later, so it's a load off of one persidents sholders, and a load on to another's who will most likely have the same perspective as the previous.

whats the use in blaming the past generations

Bush refused to sign at G8, it does not matter what other presidents have done in the past it's what the leaders of the present do now. Stopping admissions decreases Global warming, technology now shows us we have the means to use new methods to produce energy resources but we're so bone idle and too content in our ways to care. Yes in the last three terms of presidency it's been a back burning issue that for the most part is ignored, but now it's George Bush's turn and it's his responcibilty as the leader of the most powerful nation in the world to take responcibility.
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 01:53pm
Disadvantage of fossil fuels is what put the friggen hole in the ozone layer.
A great movie to portray Global Warming and the whole Ice Age deal is "The Day After Tomorrow."

The fact that the world is using too much fossil fuels mechanisms and materials, the ice caps at the poles will melt faster than you expect.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 02:03pm
NeoSteph:
Anji:
spill_no_sick:

whats the use in blaming the past generations

Bush refused to sign at G8, it does not matter what other presidents have done in the past it's what the leaders of the present do now. Stopping admissions decreases Global warming, technology now shows us we have the means to use new methods to produce energy resources but we're so bone idle and too content in our ways to care. Yes in the last three terms of presidency it's been a back burning issue that for the most part is ignored, but now it's George Bush's turn and it's his responcibilty as the leader of the most powerful nation in the world to take responcibility.
The point in blaming the past generations as I already pointed out, is to prepare the future and get them to get their lazy asses out, helping the planet.
TragicCaseofMyReality
King For A Couple Of Days
TragicCaseofMyReality
December 27th, 2006 at 04:35pm
i don't know a whole lot about it, but from what i've seen and heard-it is really bad and we should be doing all we can to postpone the effects of what we have done to this world already. i mean, think about the polar bears!!!
Register