Prejudice towards Christians

AuthorMessage
SwEeTtHaNg77
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
SwEeTtHaNg77
January 21st, 2006 at 06:16pm
i really don't see what the big deal in this thread is. . not everybody likes Christians, and some do/are. everybody is just fighting. there's no point in it. it's not like it's going to change someone else's opinion on it. so why bother?
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 21st, 2006 at 06:19pm
SwEeTtHaNg77:
i really don't see what the big deal in this thread is. . not everybody likes Christians, and some do/are. everybody is just fighting. there's no point in it. it's not like it's going to change someone else's opinion on it. so why bother?

because in a debate forum, your supposed to debate Very Happy
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 22nd, 2006 at 05:24am
Yes but thats just filling in the gaps, ^^ for your own cause.

If you read the bible, Moses is to have been told to slaughter all inhis path and to give them no mercy, Facist like behavior, comparing him to Hitler but I never said it caused the death of the jews.

And as I believe I have said before, most people were opium smokers in Jesus's time, there is no way to prove any of their stories are true, as they may have been influenced by drink, opium and hyperbole.

Which is why I believe the new testament is not valid.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 22nd, 2006 at 06:34am
PanicOfBeliever:

If you read the bible, Moses is to have been told to slaughter all inhis path and to give them no mercy, Facist like behavior, comparing him to Hitler but I never said it caused the death of the jews.

And as I believe I have said before, most people were opium smokers in Jesus's time, there is no way to prove any of their stories are true, as they may have been influenced by drink, opium and hyperbole.

Then it is best not to cncentrate on the validity of it, and like I have previously stated, should you wish to dicuss the Bible you must make a spearate thread on it.

The New Testament does its job. People abide by it, and they're doing okay. One of the reasons why I was raised a Christian, is my parents believed it would give me good moral grounding.

Fourteen years later, I now do not believe in God, and class myself as Atheist. But I still hold those Christian values I was taught to heart, and I believe I am a better person morally for it.

Doesn't matter how true the Bible is, but how effective it is.
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 22nd, 2006 at 03:07pm
The reasonwhy the validity of the bible is important because it disproves Religion, therefore making people shall say "Prejudiced" against christians, because their beliefs are unprovable.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 22nd, 2006 at 03:13pm
PanicOfBeliever:
The reasonwhy the validity of the bible is important because it disproves Religion, therefore making people shall say "Prejudiced" against christians, because their beliefs are unprovable.

It does no such thing...

You cannot 'Disprove Religion'

And, for your information, Christianity can exist without the Bible.

Who are you to judge whether an entire religion in wrong?. Sorry, but unless you are a superior being, that's impossible.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
January 22nd, 2006 at 03:33pm
PanicOfBeliever:

BELIEFS ARE DEFINITIVELY UNPROVABLE.
Your grammar makes absolutely no sense, but I'll piece together what I can.
The Bible is a valid means of instilling values. That's half the reason for the existence of religion-- to create some degree of social order.
Truth is irrelevant, mainly because it is relative.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 22nd, 2006 at 06:48pm
PanicOfBeliever:

filling in the gaps, it completely disproved you entire theory

secondly this is what you said in an earlier quotation Christians are the reason the holocaust happened during WW2.

Your saying that christians are the reason for the holocaust, not only to i take offense against that because i'm a christians, what makes it infuriating is that the holocaust is what i have studied for the past 4 years, and will be studying for a further 7, so I know there is not one shread of evidence to suggest christian values are to blame for the fascism.

You say that you can't believe the bible because of opium, don't you think the son of god would be able to withstand something created by his own father, secondly show me a passage where it says they were high.

fascism in lamens terms means oppression, moses were setting his people free from 1000 of years of oppression, the people he was 'slaughtering' were the people who were trying to re-slave the hebrews.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 22nd, 2006 at 06:56pm
PanicOfBeliever:

Religion is not just christianity, not all religions are based on the bible, so even if you could disprove the bible, there are 100's of religions not based on that literature

Beliefs are faith, faith is a universal concept that never dies and never fades, it's what we depend on and what drives us to succeed. Faith cannot be disproved.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 22nd, 2006 at 09:11pm
PanicOfBeliever:

lmfao
you dumbass; most of the Bible condemns PRAYING while drunk, let alone WRITING THE BIBLE while drunk
you cannot smoke opium, opium is a painkiller so it can be eaten (but even then you have to process it to get the effects)
mainly opium is injected....and they did not have the equipment back then...I think that the first time opium was taken as a drug was in World War II

and as for getting high off a "hyperbole"....I hope you know that hyperbole is a poetic term

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hyperbole

please: do research
please: don't say something completely idiotic (we will catch it)
please: don't make outrageous claims with no proof
Jordyn
King For A Couple Of Days
Jordyn
January 22nd, 2006 at 11:03pm
Most Christians are more prejudice to others than others are to them from what I've observed.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
January 23rd, 2006 at 12:00am
Jordyn:
Most Christians are more prejudice to others than others are to them from what I've observed.
gee, im not prejudice.
Jordyn
King For A Couple Of Days
Jordyn
January 23rd, 2006 at 12:06am
Sheepo@_@:
Jordyn:
gee, im not prejudice.
Most, dear. Cool
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
January 23rd, 2006 at 12:08am
Jordyn:
Sheepo@_@:
Jordyn:
gee, im not prejudice.
Most, dear. Cool
Still you'd prolly include me in the most.
Does that make you prejudice?
o_o iunno
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 23rd, 2006 at 02:10am
Opium was mainly smoked by the chinese in earlier times (Thank god for the film dodgeball =P) therefore being around the same time.

It supposibly condamms it but how are you to prove that they were not?

I never said they caused the killing of the jews, they were comparable.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2006 at 06:11am
PanicOfBeliever:
Opium was mainly smoked by the chinese in earlier times (Thank god for the film dodgeball =P) therefore being around the same time.

so because in a comedy film you learned that the chinese smoked opium, that people in the middle-east 1000's of miles away would too.

the bible condemns drunkness i doubt it was ok to get high

read your own posts back, no point trying to paddle backwards, i higlighted what you said.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2006 at 11:16am
PanicOfBeliever:

How are you to prove they were?.

Unless you bring the son of man before me and have him admit to my face he 'smoked' opium, You have no proof he actually did.

Know him personally, or something?

And just because the Chinese did it, doesn't mean Jesus did. In 'earlier times', trade and travel were very primative. Travelling to the next town was, by most people, regarded as an adventure. Let alone going from Israel to China.
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 23rd, 2006 at 12:42pm
It was the right climate to grow opium, I don't doubt they didn't grow it.
Moving on from tghat topic which none of us can bring conclusive evidence for here is something I have been wondering about.

What about Dinosaurs? Do Christians believe in them? Its a though because it puts a hole in their story as there is no mention of God creating them. Apparently he created Adam and Eve soon after the world but where do apes, dinosaurs etc come into it?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2006 at 12:49pm
PanicOfBeliever:
It was the right climate to grow opium, I don't doubt they didn't grow it.
Moving on from tghat topic which none of us can bring conclusive evidence for here is something I have been wondering about.

What about Dinosaurs? Do Christians believe in them? Its a though because it puts a hole in their story as there is no mention of God creating them. Apparently he created Adam and Eve soon after the world but where do apes, dinosaurs etc come into it?

It's the right climate to grow pot over here. Does that mean I smoke it?.

No.

As far as I know, Christians do believe in Dinosaurs. There isn't any getting away from it...Also, even my RE teacher (as you can guess, zealous, but open-minded Christian that she is) does not believe in the ol' Adam and Eve story.

To quote her, "Genesis may not be true, Megan, But it serves a purpose. Rather like a fable, there is a moral behind it. The moral is what you should concentrate on."
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 23rd, 2006 at 12:57pm
Given the period of time, and lackof things to do in that time, also ignorance of effects, no laws etc it is likely they did smoke it.

But if the Adam and Eve story is not true then does the whole christianity fall apart?

In my eyes Jesus was a normal man, evolved from an ape. My view

Mary was cheating on Joseph anf got herself knocked up, she loves joseph so...

Mary "Hey look Im having a baby!"
Jospeh "Wtf we never had sex"
Mary " Its from GOD dear"
Register