King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
February 27th, 2007 at 06:49pm
WeFoundTheDuck:
Thunder 34:
its beacuase some of them use jesus as a excuse to be a close mineded homophobe
I'll agree with that.

The majority of Christians that I've met use Jesus and God as an excuse for whatever they don't agree with. Homosexuality, abortion, stem cell research, whatever. But then these same kids go out on the weekends, smoke, drink, fuck, complete debachery, and yet they have the gall to stand up and say "I'm so holy and good because I'm a Christian."

I'm sure not all Christians are like that. But hypocrites like that do the rest of them no favors.

I'm a Christian and I know a ton of Christians and I've met about a handful who aren't "hypo-Christians", a handful who follow their religion without having sex, judging everyone, shoving their beliefs down your throats, and looking down on other Christians with different opinions.

It makes me skeptical when I see someone with a Jesus bumper sticker or a cross on their shirt.

For me, the bad has outweighed the good so much I'm quite skeptical of most "Christians" I meet.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
February 28th, 2007 at 03:29am
The hate against Christian seems to be a popular thing nowadays and honestly that is a bit stupid, even though I was never a fan of organized religion. The thing is people believe that Church should allow gay marriages. If they`d do that I would think the world has gone insane. As much as I have nothing against homosexuals, I have never been against them, but c`mon, you cant expect of Church to do the same. They believe that a man and a woman should get married and procreate. Two guys cant do the same and what the Church believes is that you can be gay if you want to, but you have to live in celibacy. And I respect that. Some priests go to far and really piss on homosexuals and are really rude, but some aren't and will tell you exactly what I have mentioned above. Abortion? I'm pro-choice, but I perfectly understand why they absolutely cant be. I don't think I have to explain that. Church is a conservative balance in this world and should stay that way.

Hyper-Christians are bad. My religion textbook says that. I mean they even say that its wrong to act like that. So if you are against hyper-Christians you cant be against Church cause they are against them too.

I believe in God, but don't want to be a part of Church and Christianity cause I have my reasons. Some things that they do I simply cant understand and never will and I say my opinion if I believe they did something wrong, but its not ok to spit on every Christian cause they are human beings which makes them different and you cant spread hate against them. Some atheists do that because Christians spread hate against them which is true for what I have been taught in religion class. But if you want to be different than them you should act better than them.
DateLine
Idiot
DateLine
February 28th, 2007 at 05:56am
I am a Christian, and around here being a Christian doesn't tend to give you any bad or unwatned attention from others.
Yes, we hang out all the time, my Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights spent with other christians, not drinking, doing drugs, hooking up with randoms, having sex..we just hang out and have a good time. Most people though can not understand why I would want to go and hang out with Christian friends all night, rather then going out and drinking with them.
But I tend to find that when we are out together, it is some how noticed that we are all Christians(Which is cool) and no one does anything to offend us.
We don't try to shove anything down your throat, we invite our friends to youth and church and stuff, sometimes they come, sometimes they don't. But we fulyl stand for our Lord and don't care what people think!
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
February 28th, 2007 at 12:01pm
But a while ago, you'd come on the internet and if you bring up God, you'd get shot down like an unsuspecting pigeon. It was kind of the cool thing to say that God was a fake and that Christianity was well, the anti-christ so to speak.

I suppose that's changed and the people who were like that have matured. I had a serious prejudice against Christians in sixth grade because in third and fourth, this girl I reallly wanted to be friends with said I couldn't hang out with her and her friends because I was a "Heendoo" and wouldn't "get it" But then I realized that not everyone is a total asswipe.

I think people hate Christians now (the ones that do hate Christians) because it seems like they raise their voice against everything. I mean, it's good that they play an active role in the world (which more religions should do) but it gets annoying. Like with Da Vinci Code. Here in India, Christians have this really paranoid feeling and a bunch of them went and wrecked the biggest theater in my city for showing DVC.
the dobious character
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the dobious character
February 28th, 2007 at 10:20pm
Christians should consider themselves lucky, society is built around them, most people are not prejudice against Christians, there has never been a large-scale attempt to eliminate the religion, and the fact of the matter is, a majority of people are Christian.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
February 28th, 2007 at 10:24pm
druscilla_nesser:
I'm a Christian and I know a ton of Christians and I've met about a handful who aren't "hypo-Christians", a handful who follow their religion without having sex, judging everyone, shoving their beliefs down your throats, and looking down on other Christians with different opinions.

It makes me skeptical when I see someone with a Jesus bumper sticker or a cross on their shirt.

For me, the bad has outweighed the good so much I'm quite skeptical of most "Christians" I meet.
I try to give the ones I meet chances. Some of them are quite nice, but I've met some really twisted, mean people who use their beliefs as an excuse for saying the most hateful, bigoted things to innocent people.

I always thought their bible preached love. Rolling Eyes
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
March 1st, 2007 at 12:53am
Look, now I'm Catholic. Catholicism and Christianity aren't really the exact same thing, but we both believe in the same morality issues. But I believe in stem cell research, I'm pro-choice, I'm for homosexuality. Those are three things conservative Catholics and Christians would normally go against.
I go to Church on important holidays like Christmas, and Easter and I celebrate things like that.
I'm not a full on Catholic though. I'm not too religious to an extent where I want to think about death to be with God and Jesus. Personally, I think those people who are that religiously intact have problems in their households, or if they're younger, it's because of peer pressure and doing things they aren't sure of.

That's probably a reason why a lot of people discriminate again Christians.
I am making no sense so I'll just let you read what I had to say. Dno

There are a lot of Christians who claim they have been 'saved' but in true reality, they are emotionally screwed and their lives are terrible. They join religious cults to preach their morals for the wrong reasons.
A perfect example of this, and for this thread in general is the book called, Faith Wish by James Bennett. It's about this girl who is saved by an Evangelist but he just uses her to seduce her. She becomes pregnant and is a social outcast and finally joins this active cult group called Camp Shaddai for teens like us with horrific lives. She thinks about being with Jesus so much that she slips and falls to her death.

Ok, enough rambling. I think I've officially killed this. T_T
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
March 1st, 2007 at 01:13am
I read a book like that. It's called Fishers of Men. You should read it. It's about this girl who meets someone and gets invited to a church party. So she goes and meets all these people and "guardians" and whatnot and eventually joins the a church called Fishers of Men, or Fishers for short. Her mentor puts her through a lot of torture and they pressure her to get her family to join. A little while after being initianted to level 2, she realizes that i's bullshit and she and some others work to over throw the influence of Fishers.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 1st, 2007 at 01:15pm
WeFoundTheDuck:

If you read the Bible, you'd know it encourages stoning gay people to death ~~
But it preaches love too. Its a book, you know, people interpret things differently.

btw, Hi old thread!
This was the first thread on GSB I made, ever.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
March 1st, 2007 at 05:37pm
Bloodraine:
WeFoundTheDuck:

If you read the Bible, you'd know it encourages stoning gay people to death ~~
But it preaches love too. Its a book, you know, people interpret things differently.

btw, Hi old thread!
This was the first thread on GSB I made, ever.
Don

I hope no Christians take it into their head to start doing that!
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
March 1st, 2007 at 05:40pm
Ch33rio.:
Look, now I'm Catholic. Catholicism and Christianity aren't really the exact same thing, but we both believe in the same morality issues. But I believe in stem cell research, I'm pro-choice, I'm for homosexuality. Those are three things conservative Catholics and Christians would normally go against.
I go to Church on important holidays like Christmas, and Easter and I celebrate things like that.
I'm not a full on Catholic though. I'm not too religious to an extent where I want to think about death to be with God and Jesus. Personally, I think those people who are that religiously intact have problems in their households, or if they're younger, it's because of peer pressure and doing things they aren't sure of.

There are a lot of Christians who claim they have been 'saved' but in true reality, they are emotionally screwed and their lives are terrible. They join religious cults to preach their morals for the wrong reasons.
A perfect example of this, and for this thread in general is the book called, Faith Wish by James Bennett. It's about this girl who is saved by an Evangelist but he just uses her to seduce her. She becomes pregnant and is a social outcast and finally joins this active cult group called Camp Shaddai for teens like us with horrific lives. She thinks about being with Jesus so much that she slips and falls to her death.

I know a girl who went to a Christian school, and a priest there told her that if she supported gay rights, abortion and stem cell research she'd go to hell.

She was nine at the time, and it freaked her out beyoned belief.

Cults. Don
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
March 1st, 2007 at 05:57pm
WeFoundTheDuck:
Ch33rio.:

I know a girl who went to a Christian school, and a priest there told her that if she supported gay rights, abortion and stem cell research she'd go to hell.

Cults. Don
That's terrible. T_T
Cults are like brainwashing groups.
But do you agree on what I wrote above?
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
March 1st, 2007 at 06:48pm
Ch33rio.:
WeFoundTheDuck:
Ch33rio.:

Cults. Don
That's terrible. T_T
Cults are like brainwashing groups.
But do you agree on what I wrote above?
Whole heartedly.
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
March 1st, 2007 at 06:50pm
WeFoundTheDuck:
Whole heartedly.
Ok good. Because I wasn't going to take no for an answer. XD
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
March 1st, 2007 at 07:04pm
Ch33rio.:
WeFoundTheDuck:
Whole heartedly.
Ok good. Because I wasn't going to take no for an answer. XD
Five
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
March 1st, 2007 at 08:12pm
I'm a Christian and I personally don't experience it where I live. Around here, a lot of people are Christians. But I know it goes on in other places, and I think it's wrong. I'm not just saying that because I am one, because I would think it was wrong even if I wasn't a Christian. Prejudism (I think I spelled that right) is wrong no matter what the case. Also, some people are saying that people use Christianity as an excuse to be prejudiced, but that's not always the case. That's people who twist the Bible and make up their own version of Christianity. But those are the people who get the attention. I go to an absolute Bible-believing church where they would never teach anyone to be prejudiced. God wouldn't want that either. But sadly churches like mine seem harder to come by than they used to be.
Iam2fly4u
Geek
Iam2fly4u
March 2nd, 2007 at 05:29pm
I do have to admit, people make fun of christianity. But think about it this way, at least you guys aren't being killed because your christian.
Iam2fly4u
Geek
Iam2fly4u
March 2nd, 2007 at 05:31pm
sometimes i wish religion wasn't around. Because isn't that like, the main reason for war?
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
March 2nd, 2007 at 06:19pm
Iam2fly4u:
sometimes i wish religion wasn't around. Because isn't that like, the main reason for war?
No it isn't. The fight for claiming land is the main reason of war.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
March 2nd, 2007 at 06:33pm
I'm Lizalicious.:
Iam2fly4u:
No it isn't. The fight for claiming land is the main reason of war.

Religious "Holy Land".
Register