Prejudice towards Christians

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2006 at 01:18pm
...No. Christianity does not fall apart.

Christianity will never fall apart. Disprove God, Disprove Jesus, Disprove the Immaculate Conception if you wish. But Christianity will still remain.

The reason why? Well, behind God, Jesus and The Bible, Christianity is built upon morals and guidelines which are still so relevant today. Its foundations are so strong it does not need to be true. Ah, read paradoxical's post. She says it all there, really.

PanicOfBeliever:
Given the period of time, and lackof things to do in that time

I also think the above was very poorly phrased. Correct it and I may be some way to understanding it.
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 23rd, 2006 at 01:23pm
Because there was a lack of things to amuse themselves with at that time, they had to resort to other ways to enterain. Opium was aneasysource of this, and without knowledge of its dangers they would have taken it.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2006 at 01:27pm
...So why then do you condemn Jesus for doing so, and attempt to discredit him based on this fact, if all at the time were 'Drunken Opium Smokers?'
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 23rd, 2006 at 01:34pm
It would have affected what was seen,and what was written in the bible.

Christianity is not Christianity without the bible, it is merely a set of morals on how life should be lived. Therefore not a religion.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2006 at 01:40pm
PanicOfBeliever:
It would have affected what was seen,and what was written in the bible.

Christianity is not Christianity without the bible, it is merely a set of morals on how life should be lived. Therefore not a religion.

Wrong again. That is exactly what a religion is.
A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.

You were right the first time. Insert Jesus as 'Spiritual Leader' and you have it.

Without the Bible, these teachings would still exist.

And, I'm not going to reply that first point...Again, I'd like to refer you to the post made earlier.

Finally, for the last time, if you want to discuss the Bible, make a bleedin' thread on it. Okay?!?
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
January 23rd, 2006 at 04:42pm
PanicOfBeliever:
Given the period of time, and lackof things to do in that time, also ignorance of effects, no laws etc it is likely they did smoke it.

But if the Adam and Eve story is not true then does the whole christianity fall apart?

In my eyes Jesus was a normal man, evolved from an ape. My view

Mary was cheating on Joseph anf got herself knocked up, she loves joseph so...

Mary "Hey look Im having a baby!"
Jospeh "Wtf we never had sex"
Mary " Its from GOD dear"

The Roman Empire, while loose and groovy, had one of the most effective law systems in history. I sincerely HOPE you know that it was during this empire's glory that Jesus was born. Do you realize that Roman law is still used today? Apparently not, as you've just condemned its existence.
As an atheist, I believe that Jesus existed, that he was a cool guy. That yes, maybe he WAS evolved from apes, but he had the right idea, and he was a martyr for an ideal of a better, more moral world. THAT IS THE VALUE OF THE BIBLE.
Finally, the bit you made up about Mary...
What about rape? Before you go condemning (more than one) faith, take that into consideration. It is a reality that women face every day all over the world, no matter how civilized you THINK the world is.
Kitti
Kitti
January 23rd, 2006 at 05:13pm
PanicOfBeliever:
Because there was a lack of things to amuse themselves with at that time, they had to resort to other ways to enterain. Opium was aneasysource of this, and without knowledge of its dangers they would have taken it.

You take television, computers, etc. as the only forms of entertainment. You would be bored without these things, but had they never existed, you would not miss them. They found thousands of things with which to amuse themselves.
You assume that during the time they had no medical science. The Greeks had that hundreds of years before Rome.
You, in fact, assume that you know everything about history, but the fact is that you are making it up. Just because it seems logical to you does not make it true. In fact, so often quite the opposite. By this time in your life, you should know all too well that life is far stranger than fiction. It is spontaneous and illogical. Bizarre things have been known to happen quite frequently.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
January 23rd, 2006 at 05:26pm
I was noticing this very thing. I myself am atheist however it is ignorant and selfish to suggest that this is the only belief that should be followed. All religions have had their horrible periods, as have they had their golden periods.

Something i heard on a journal: You believe in Jesus? hahahhahahaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 23rd, 2006 at 05:29pm
I believe in Jesus. I believe he was a real guy. I believe he had some highly excellent ideas. I just disagree with him somewhat...and i've stated my views on that quite enough.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 24th, 2006 at 12:43pm
While we're discussing Jesus...

I too believe in his existance. My whole problem with the idea of 'God' is that we have no proof that he exists and the whole thing is fairly far-fetched in my book.

However, I have no problems in believeing Jesus existed, and as a man who preached his faith then willingly died for it, I also quite admire him for having the courage to do so.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 25th, 2006 at 04:42pm
PanicOfBeliever:
Given the period of time, and lackof things to do in that time, also ignorance of effects, no laws etc it is likely they did smoke it.

But if the Adam and Eve story is not true then does the whole christianity fall apart?

or you could be all wrong
the Chinease did discover some forms of opiates because of the way they cooked Pappy seeds....but it wasn't to get high (directly)
it was a more spiritual dish....but since Asia didn't have close contact with any other countries until the 1950s....I doubt the message got to every person that wrote the Bible (and if it did, the high it supplies you with is a painkilling numb sensation....you wouldn't write something with great emotion when you're numb)

oh yes, and please don't suggest something dumb like a wife lying about sex and getting away with it, knowing my feminism back then it would be okay for a man to turn a woman in for that

she would get stoned to death he probably got a warning for turning some one in
Kitti
Kitti
January 25th, 2006 at 04:48pm
spill_no_sick:
PanicOfBeliever:

or you could be all wrong
the Chinease did discover some forms of opiates because of the way they cooked Pappy seeds....but it wasn't to get high (directly)
it was a more spiritual dish....but since Asia didn't have close contact with any other countries until the 1950s....I doubt the message got to every person that wrote the Bible (and if it did, the high it supplies you with is a painkilling numb sensation....you wouldn't write something with great emotion when you're numb)

oh yes, and please don't suggest something dumb like a wife lying about sex and getting away with it, knowing my feminism back then it would be okay for a man to turn a woman in for that

she would get stoned to death he probably got a warning for turning some one in

Remember what I said once about most atheists?
Case in point.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 25th, 2006 at 05:33pm
why can't people admit defeat, it's just painful to watch now.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 26th, 2006 at 11:28am
NeoSteph:

Pffft
Because that's just boring lmfao
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2006 at 11:30am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
NeoSteph:

Pffft

lmfao I groan everytime someone makes a comment, it's gone so off topic now, we're supposed to be discussing if christian sare discriminated against, not if Jesus was a smack head.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 26th, 2006 at 11:33am
NeoSteph:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
NeoSteph:

Pffft

lmfao I groan everytime someone makes a comment, it's gone so off topic now, we're supposed to be discussing if christian sare discriminated against, not if Jesus was a smack head.

lmfao lmfao You just made me laugh so much then. I gotta ask my R.E teacher that one day.."was Jesus a smackhead"

Yeah..anyway...to get back ON topic, I don't think they are that much. I think maybe if you're young, and it's "uncool" then maybe you are. Like in my school, if anyone says they're a Christian, a fair few people are like "OMGFREAK!!"
But I don't think there is much. If anything, there is more against Muslins.
missand
Geek
missand

Mibba
February 27th, 2007 at 02:21pm
no matter what religion there is in this world there is always going to be a predjuiduce side to it. In the UK easter which is normally publicised for sweets and the risen saviour is being denied its common right to speak and let the faith of many people are long denied to their beliefs.

Easter and such christian, catholic celebrations in the UK are being told to "quieten" down about it because it offenends those who are Muslim, Jahovahs.

Im christian in some write but being told what to belive in is something diffrent, I belive in god but I also belive in satans. Believing in only god thats like saying there is only good in this world.

Christinanity is extremely condradictiory. In one part of the bible it says its wrong to kill and commit sins like adultiy. But then in another part of it, it says its okay to kill as long as its in the name of god.

I know most of this because i study religeion in spare time and in school. pm if anyone wants to talk about this further
missand
Geek
missand

Mibba
February 27th, 2007 at 02:25pm
Religeion is a bad thing to talk about, so many people have their own beliefs on the same thing. But if there was no religion it would solve alot of the wolds problems, if god was really there he wouldn't have let the holocaust happen, he would help the poor people in the UK and Africa and other places where there is hard poverty.

But nothing happens no matter how hard we pray, people say that things happen for a reason but its not just people like hitler who hated religeion we all do whether its our own or someone elses.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
February 27th, 2007 at 04:58pm
its beacuase some of them use jesus as a excuse to be a close mineded homophobe
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
February 27th, 2007 at 06:42pm
Thunder 34:
its beacuase some of them use jesus as a excuse to be a close mineded homophobe
I'll agree with that.

The majority of Christians that I've met use Jesus and God as an excuse for whatever they don't agree with. Homosexuality, abortion, stem cell research, whatever. But then these same kids go out on the weekends, smoke, drink, fuck, complete debachery, and yet they have the gall to stand up and say "I'm so holy and good because I'm a Christian."

I'm sure not all Christians are like that. But hypocrites like that do the rest of them no favors.
Register