Do You Think Praying Works?

AuthorMessage
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
March 28th, 2010 at 05:08pm
I dont think atheists pray.
I think that's the general idea of atheism.
Batman.
Falling In Love With The Board
Batman.
March 28th, 2010 at 11:21pm
I don't understand Atheism. How is it a religion if they don't believe in anything? Or, is it just a word to call the people who don't believe in anything?
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
March 29th, 2010 at 02:27am
iViva La Hannah!:
I don't understand Atheism. How is it a religion if they don't believe in anything? Or, is it just a word to call the people who don't believe in anything?
Atheism is defined as "the doctrine or belief in no god." anything that has a strong belief or conviction could be classified as religion but I don't see it as a religion for me, personally Smile
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
March 29th, 2010 at 06:12pm
i think its a belief more than a religion.
Dunno if this is in the "definition" of religion, but to me religion means you're worshipping someone or something
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
March 30th, 2010 at 06:57am
True, but then Buddhism is classed as a "world religion" and that doesn't adhere to a god.
Mr.Armstrong
Mr.Armstrong
March 31st, 2010 at 09:43pm
No.

In Mark 11:34 "There for i tell you, what ever you ask in for in prayer, belive that you hav erecived it, and it will be yours. "
In John 14:14 "What ever you ask in my name, i will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the son: if you ask anything in my name i will do it.

and how manny people do you think asked Jesus to cure every case of canser or to save all those starving kids in Africa and all over the world.alot
Mr.Armstrong
Mr.Armstrong
March 31st, 2010 at 09:48pm
Matthew 18:19
If two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my fother in heaven.

lets say there was a hard core beliver that had a missing leg and we found 1000 of
big time belivers and they all prayed to god that the leg would be restored. Do you think the hand of god would reach down and restore the leg? no
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
March 31st, 2010 at 09:53pm
Very pointless argument you got there. It is very obvious that people won't pray for such things like respawning severed limbs and heal the world altogether. At best, they accept the fact that they have a missing limb or that the world is in the state it is because of lack of faith and hope.
Mr.Armstrong
Mr.Armstrong
March 31st, 2010 at 10:17pm
no not really i know some people from the church my mom goes to they'v prayed for that
and it wasnt really sapose to be realistic it was pretty much say that praying is superstitious kinda like a lucky horse shoe
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
April 11th, 2010 at 01:05pm
I honestly don't get praying and God.

I mean, what is praying supposed to help you get?
And what is God supposed to do about getting it to you?
Batman.
Batman.
June 21st, 2010 at 10:37am
^ People believe it works and some people believe in God. I believe in God. Dno And how are we supposed to know what God's going to do? I wasn't sent from Heaven. No one knows.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
June 21st, 2010 at 11:55am
Nada.:

if people believe that god created this universe and everything in it, why shouldn't he be able to get you anything?
Batman.
Batman.
June 21st, 2010 at 03:48pm
ocean avenue:
Nada.:

if people believe that god created this universe and everything in it, why shouldn't he be able to get you anything?

If people believe God created man, why wouldn't he be able to answer a prayer? I agree with what ^ said.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
June 21st, 2010 at 09:27pm
There is no end to this argument.
Let's say you have a family member who is very sick. If you believe in god and praying, you'll pray that they get better. If you don't, well then you'll just hope they do.
If the family member DOES recover, the religious person will attribute it to their prayers which God has apparently answered, the other will just attribute it to fate, or karma, or just good luck or WHATEVER.
wild at heart
Idiot
wild at heart

Blog
June 22nd, 2010 at 04:29am
Desmond Hume:
Let's say you have a family member who is very sick. If you believe in god and praying, you'll pray that they get better. If you don't, well then you'll just hope they do.
If the family member DOES recover, the religious person will attribute it to their prayers which God has apparently answered, the other will just attribute it to fate, or karma, or just good luck or WHATEVER.

or science
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
June 22nd, 2010 at 12:55pm
decomposeur:
Desmond Hume:

or science

oh thats rather important. I knew I forgot something.
Plunkie.
Geek
Plunkie.

Blog
June 27th, 2010 at 10:35am
No.
L Lawliet
Idiot
L Lawliet
June 29th, 2010 at 03:51pm
Does prayer "work"? I'm not exactly sure what this means to ask. Are you asking if praying gets you what you want/ask for? Because I don't really think that the effects of praying are so simple so as to be able to denominate prayer as "working" or "not working". But anyways, does praying get you what you ask for? Not necessarily. Personally, I think that humans are sometimes well... kinda nonsensical and dumb, and ask for the things they desire and not always for the things they need. And God gives us what's best for us, and gives us the lessons and strength we need, even if they seem like a kick in the pants sometimes.
quiet knees;
Geek
quiet knees;
July 6th, 2010 at 03:32pm
Hmm, I guess it depends on what you pray for. And it might also take time, I suppose. But it probably could make a person feel less stressed by talking to their God, whatever religion they may believe in.
Imtiredofthiscrap
Banned
Imtiredofthiscrap
September 25th, 2010 at 01:05am
no praying does not work cuz if did it would have helped me threw what i was going threw when i was younger on how i was abused in all kinds of ways..so my answer is no it does not work
Register