Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
January 19th, 2010 at 04:51pm
What would you prefer I call them?
That's how I see it, they are wishes people ask him to grant,
What else can you think of that I could call them,
Because I can't think of anything other.
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
January 20th, 2010 at 11:13am
Nada.:
What would you prefer I call them?
That's how I see it, they are wishes people ask him to grant,
What else can you think of that I could call them,
Because I can't think of anything other.

MIRACLES.
A miracle is a perceptible interruption of the laws of nature, such that can be explained by divine intervention, and is sometimes associated with a miracle-worker. Many folktales, religious texts, and people claim various events they refer to as "miraculous". ...".
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 20th, 2010 at 06:31pm
Miracles?
lol.
They have no connection....

Praying to God for something, isn't a miracle in anyway...
And by something, I mean parying for something you want.
Not something legit, like "Dear God, please help my family through this hard time, and to have the strength to stay positive"
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
January 21st, 2010 at 09:29am
I'm leaving this discussion before I start screaming at my computer screen.
You don't get me.
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
January 24th, 2010 at 11:47am
Praying does nothing.

On a public scale, it is just another empty social gesture like those silences they have when something bad occurs or has occurred. Praying isn't going to help anyone but it just sounds helpful.

On a private scale, I just don't get it since most prayers will not get answered.

Of course, some will appear to but it's like when dreams come true. If you have several dreams a night and one a year comes true, it doesn't mean you're psychic.

[/rant]
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
January 24th, 2010 at 12:16pm
Praying does work in my opinon because I've seen it in action before. I've recently joined a club on my college campus and I've been learning more about Jesus and praying more.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
January 24th, 2010 at 04:43pm
Dana Way:
Praying does work in my opinon because I've seen it in action before. I've recently joined a club on my college campus and I've been learning more about Jesus and praying more.
How can it work?

I could claim I am psychic since several dreams I've had have came true. Eventually, if you pray enough times, one will come true but that's due to the law of averages rather than some supernatural force.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 25th, 2010 at 06:37pm
There is no answer to this argument.
You're not going to convince a non-religious person that praying to god works, nor will you be able to convince a devout Christian that it does.
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
January 31st, 2010 at 08:19am
Desmond Hume:
There is no answer to this argument.
You're not going to convince a non-religious person that praying to god works, nor will you be able to convince a devout Christian that it does.

This exactly.
Too bad this kind of discussion is always cannon fodder for trolls, so they rarely, if ever, end well, which is a shame...
NiiMoz_Misery
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
NiiMoz_Misery
February 12th, 2010 at 04:15pm
SARAnade:
i know many people dont like to discuss whether they pray or not because it can be a private issue. But i pray and i'm not embarrased to say i talk to God. So if you pray [or even if your dont] do you think praying works, like does God [or whoever you're praying to] hear your prayers?

Prayer as you stated is talking to God, however it's clearly stated in the bible that if you are not saved, then basically your prayers are not heard, You have to hold a genuine RELATIONSHIP with God, not just being religious, but you must walk with God, and live in his name, and your prayers will be heard. However general society is mislead in believing that if one prays, their prayers WILL be answered and that is not always true. God will hear your prayers, but it's in his grace and in his will that prayers will be answered.

God isn't Santa Clause...you don't ask for what you want and expect for it because you've been "good" ...
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
February 23rd, 2010 at 03:54pm
Probally works through the placebo effect
Lykkepillen
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Lykkepillen
March 1st, 2010 at 02:51pm
Yawn Rape:
Probally works through the placebo effect

Yeah, that's what I was about to say.

I dont belive that praying really works, but that's maybe because I'm not religious ;p
ZukoAlone
Idiot
ZukoAlone
March 1st, 2010 at 06:24pm
I'm not gonna say God talks to me a lot, because that would be a lie.
But he does talk to me, through the Bible and other means. He shows me a lot, he has shown me the most beautiful things and he helps me and knows what's best for me.
I'm just to stubborn to take his advice.
I can't not believe in God. At this point, it would be a serious unforgiveable betrayl if I didn't.
BREASTS
Idiot
BREASTS
March 2nd, 2010 at 12:01am
I don't believe in god, but I think it does work, it works by giving people hope.
If you believe you can achieve something you're more likely to achieve it basically.
And of course if what you pray for doesn't come true then it "wasn't meant to be", God has a reason for it.
It's a good outlook on life imo.

Theres so many things I could say about religion, but I'll keep it to praying. Laughing
St.Billie.
Idiot
St.Billie.
March 3rd, 2010 at 08:17am
I don´t believe in any kind of religion. i believe in something like god, but not that god the christians have....just someone or something who made all this. i don´t pray very often, but sometimes i do and no matter if it works, it´s a good outlet for all your problems.
ZukoAlone
Idiot
ZukoAlone
March 3rd, 2010 at 11:37pm
IwannaBeBillieJoe!:
I don´t believe in any kind of religion. i believe in something like god, but not that god the christians have....just someone or something who made all this. i don´t pray very often, but sometimes i do and no matter if it works, it´s a good outlet for all your problems.
God doesn't really have a religion D:
It's a man made thing, and what do you mean by the God the Christians have?
*i hope I don't sound attack-ive because I just don't understand what you mean LOL*
brompton cocktail.
Idiot
brompton cocktail.

Mibba
March 6th, 2010 at 11:44am
Praying ? Of course it works.
I don't know whether it's because of God.
But I believe it is not because of Him.
I don't really think he cares enough anymore.
But, I believe that a human's will and the power the human brain has is enough to make your prayers come true,
if they're something you really really want.
Of course, it has to do with other things, too.
But talking about these would get me even more off-topic.
So, to me, praying works because people believe it does.
Note the catch phrase: believe.
Rey Degan
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Rey Degan
March 17th, 2010 at 08:10am
I don't know if it works I don't pray for ages.I guess it doesn't.Whatever.
kirstinlette
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kirstinlette
March 20th, 2010 at 06:17am
I beleive it works, yes.
People like to say I'm a Christian, but I prayed and God didn't answer my prayer... blah blah blah...
If you fit into that catergory, ask yourself:
1.) Does my request line up with the Bible? Am I asking for what my neighbor has even though the Bible says "thou shalt not covet", ect.?
2.) What have I done for God? God works for those who work for Him.
Imagine if you had someone in your life who you had taken a nearly-fatal injury for, yet for most of their life they ignored some of your simplest requests and denied knowing you when confronted by most people. Now, what if you had a million dollars in the bank, and they asked you for $5,000 of it? Of course you would say no, but why would you say no?
That's the situation we tend to put ourselves in. God is your heavenly father, and he is usually going to say no if you've done nothing for him.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
March 28th, 2010 at 02:26pm
^ Good point,
But what if you don't believe in God and the bible...
Then again, you wouldn't be praying to God...nevermind...ha.

In that case, who would you pray to,
Or would you not?
Register