Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 16th, 2006 at 12:46pm
christie road:
I am always told what it is yet i always forget

What is the Holocaust again?

Read my post further back in the topic.

It never ceases to amaze me that people don't mind appearing slightly ignorant to important or well known issues on the Internet. In real life, fine. But while I'm at a computer, with acces to Dictionaries, Online Encyclopedias and numerous researching resources, I have rarely found need to ask for help or clarification.
christie road
Addict
christie road
February 16th, 2006 at 12:54pm
Sorry
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 16th, 2006 at 12:56pm
christie road:
Sorry

Everyone does it. And I mean everyone. I was just commenting on the overall trend. Not you (Don't think that =). I mean, I've had people of 20-25 and above asking me for information on forums before.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
February 16th, 2006 at 01:05pm
belgian idiot:
hmm i thought that the muslims went to fight there some time later and won but whatever actualy 2000 years ago the jews werent even the owners of that country i thought the romans where but whatever smart guy

The romans came from Europe, they didn't live there they ruled it as an outside government. The jews have always been there just under roman rule.

Israeli's have been living there for 5000 years, before the Holocaust they lived peacefully among the muslims. However after the liberation of Concentration camps there was no where they could go, they still faced prejudice and animosity in europe, where do you think they should of gone?[/u]
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
February 16th, 2006 at 01:11pm
RIGHT.... After WWII the jews were given permission to either emmigrate to America or Israel, some special cases were made to England.

Seeing as nowhere else in the world was safe, But after all of the persucution and destruction they faced, the only thing they had left was their faith and they wanted to return to what they have always seen as there homeland.

The only people to blame in this were the allie troops who forced Palestinians out of their homes to make room for Jews. Yes it was messed up but to blame an entire race who have seen so much hardship in so little time is ignorant and unbelievable.

and I doubt you know half of what you pretend to know.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
February 16th, 2006 at 06:02pm
belgian idiot:
NeoSteph:
belgian idiot:
get your facts right all jews where rich as fuck in germany the germans had nothing because of the versaile treatie in 1918 they only where poor after hitler drived them togeter in ghetto's alot people like hitler hated them because hitler was poor as fuck he was a bum before he joined the nazi's get your history straight

Get your facts right, The treaty of Versaile did put an upseen amount of pressure on Germany, however it wasn't the event that drove them to economic slander. The depression in 1923 and the Wall street Crash in 1929 did that and it wasn't just Germany but most of the world.

Secondly, they weren't 'driven' into the Ghettos's until 1940, Josef Goebbels campaign of bleeding the Jews dry started 7 years earlier and continued through out the Nuremberg Laws and Kristallnacht.

Word of warning don't get a big head because you know some facts about the Holocaust because people like me who have studied this particular event for the last 6 and will be continually studying throughout university will be you down. Have a nice day.

you havent realy told me anything new i just dunt want to make an intire list . i only point out what happend in big lines and what you say is true but what i said isent wrong either there realy is no point in blaming anyone for this because the intire world was in on this the only finger i point is at the jews of the present for doing the same things that were done to them . And they schould realise that the country they are living isent realy there's .

What little sense that made was blatantly untrue.
Here's the issue. Hitler killed 6 million Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, mentally and physically handicapped...the list goes on, including political dissidents. You can't blame Jews of the present for an event in history, that's absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
Do you know what genocide is? It's the intentional and systematic killing of an entire race. Pol Pot did it in Cambodia. Stalin in the Ukraine. Saddam Hussein killed hundreds of thousands of Kurdish people in Iraq. The USSR (United Soviet States of Russia), Yugoslavia, Armenian genocides. Only the Armenian geonocide was before Hitler, by the way.
The point is, in none of these instances was it the fault of the victims. And you know what? The United Nations says the every human being has the right to whatever nationality they choose, so your argument about it "not being their country" is complete bull.
Do some research before you make wild claims that so many people feel so passionately about.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 16th, 2006 at 06:05pm
paradoxical:
belgian idiot:
NeoSteph:
belgian idiot:
get your facts right all jews where rich as fuck in germany the germans had nothing because of the versaile treatie in 1918 they only where poor after hitler drived them togeter in ghetto's alot people like hitler hated them because hitler was poor as fuck he was a bum before he joined the nazi's get your history straight

Get your facts right, The treaty of Versaile did put an upseen amount of pressure on Germany, however it wasn't the event that drove them to economic slander. The depression in 1923 and the Wall street Crash in 1929 did that and it wasn't just Germany but most of the world.

Secondly, they weren't 'driven' into the Ghettos's until 1940, Josef Goebbels campaign of bleeding the Jews dry started 7 years earlier and continued through out the Nuremberg Laws and Kristallnacht.

Word of warning don't get a big head because you know some facts about the Holocaust because people like me who have studied this particular event for the last 6 and will be continually studying throughout university will be you down. Have a nice day.

you havent realy told me anything new i just dunt want to make an intire list . i only point out what happend in big lines and what you say is true but what i said isent wrong either there realy is no point in blaming anyone for this because the intire world was in on this the only finger i point is at the jews of the present for doing the same things that were done to them . And they schould realise that the country they are living isent realy there's .

What little sense that made was blatantly untrue.
Here's the issue. Hitler killed 6 million Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, mentally and physically handicapped...the list goes on, including political dissidents. You can't blame Jews of the present for an event in history, that's absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
Do you know what genocide is? It's the intentional and systematic killing of an entire race. Pol Pot did it in Cambodia. Stalin in the Ukraine. Saddam Hussein killed hundreds of thousands of Kurdish people in Iraq. The USSR (United Soviet States of Russia), Yugoslavia, Armenian genocides. Only the Armenian geonocide was before Hitler, by the way.
The point is, in none of these instances was it the fault of the victims. And you know what? The United Nations says the every human being has the right to whatever nationality they choose, so your argument about it "not being their country" is complete bull.
Do some research before you make wild claims that so many people feel so passionately about.

well said Clap
Rainbows in the Dark
Idiot
Rainbows in the Dark

Blog
February 17th, 2006 at 01:03am
[ fallen angel ]:
I hope I'm not, like, offending anyone by talking about this subject, but we're studying the Holocaust and school, and my teacher was talking about who was responsible for the Holocaust. There was 10 choices, I think. It got me thinking, and I was wondering, what order would you put the 10 choices in, from least responsible to most responsible, and why? The choices were:

1. Residents of towns near concentration camps who knew about them but did nothing to stop them
2. Minor Nazi Soldiers
3. Hitler
4. People who voted for Hitler and the Nazi Party to revitalize their morally and economically depressed country
5. The Jews who did not try to escape
6. Top SS officers who designed and executed the 'Final Solution' for Hitler
7. Non-Jewish Europeans who turned against their Jewish friends and citizens, fearing they'd be imprisioned as Jewish sympathizers
8.Leaders of the Allied countries who had evidence of the Holocaust but refused to get involved or voice opposition
9. Churches of all denominations who remained silent and refused to intevene

aaaannnnddd

10. The Jewish God

So, what do you think?

Just to let you know the Jewish God is the same God that the Christians and Muslims worship. Anyway I think you could find some way to blame it on almost everyone in that list. In my opinion the obvious answers are 3 and 6. I don't think you could find a way to make it the Jews' fault. Maybe they didn't escape but that's not their fault.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
February 17th, 2006 at 03:22am
spill_no_sick:
4 and 3
the only ones to blame because the rest couldn't do anything (10 could but we needed to know that we couldn't trust the whole world to disarm and we couldn't put full trust in any political leader

I was about to say the same thing.
suicidalbunny*
Idiot
suicidalbunny*
February 18th, 2006 at 08:30am
Magne:
suicidal-x-bunny:
tre_cool_is_god:
many people blame the Jews for not fighting but we all have to remember that they were being wiped out and they were very probablt scared out of they're minds, and it wasnt only the Jewish that were killed on a big scale it was also the Polish the debaters of this always seem to forget about the other races.

They were being expiermented on, on a wide scale and i was listening to the radio just last week about this and one man said that the culling of the jews (and polish but he never said polish i am going to add that for correctness) that it was all a myth and that none of it happened, so i really want to ask this idiot if it didnt happen where did thousands of people go to? They cant just disapear from the ends of the earth.
Don't some people believe that there is a Jewish conspiracy happening world-wide and all the major political events are the Jews planning? Like the assassination of Kennedy and the stock market crash. People think that Jews meet underground or in some secret hide out and plot things, that's where people think the Jews went. Or that's what I was told.

Well i think perhaps you were told wrong.
I didn't say that's what I believe, just that some people believe that. It seems hard to believe that people could think like that, but it doesn't make it untrue.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 18th, 2006 at 10:26am
I'm So Bored With the USA:
Just to let you know the Jewish God is the same God that the Christians and Muslims worship. Anyway I think you could find some way to blame it on almost everyone in that list. In my opinion the obvious answers are 3 and 6. I don't think you could find a way to make it the Jews' fault. Maybe they didn't escape but that's not their fault.

Christians and Muslims worship different Gods, though...

God and Allah are two separate beings.
Rainbows in the Dark
Idiot
Rainbows in the Dark

Blog
February 18th, 2006 at 01:42pm
Bloodraine:

It's the same God it just has a different name. Allah means "God" in Muslim I'm pretty sure. And all three religions are descended from Abraham.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
February 18th, 2006 at 01:51pm
Bloodraine:

It's the same God it just has a different name. Allah means "God" in Muslim I'm pretty sure. And all three religions are descended from Abraham.

Arabic.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 18th, 2006 at 01:59pm
Bloodraine:

No, they are different deities.

Muslims believe that Allah, or God (as Allah is the Arabic term for God), is the only true God who deserves to be worshipped. This belief is accompanied by the acknowledgement that Mohammad was a true prophet of God (Allah).

The Christian God, according to the Bible, made man and woman in his image and likeness. Allah does not resemble humans in any way.

Muslims believe Allah is the only true God, Christians believe their God is the only true deity. Neither faiths, to the best of my knowledge, believe themselves to worship the same God.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
February 18th, 2006 at 08:35pm
Bloodraine:
Bloodraine:

No, they are different deities.

Muslims believe that Allah, or God (as Allah is the Arabic term for God), is the only true God who deserves to be worshipped. This belief is accompanied by the acknowledgement that Mohammad was a true prophet of God (Allah).

The Christian God, according to the Bible, made man and woman in his image and likeness. Allah does not resemble humans in any way.

Muslims believe Allah is the only true God, Christians believe their God is the only true deity. Neither faiths, to the best of my knowledge, believe themselves to worship the same God.

Actually no the Jewish faith and Muslim faith are both linked by the same decendants, therefore it's linked to christianity.

From Abrahams sons the two religions were born, from Isaac there was the Jewish race and from Ishmal came the Muslim race, so they both scluptered their religions around the same god.

Muslims don't believe in creating images of God and may not believe that their they were made from Gods image, but it is well known fact that they worship the same god which is why the Palestine/Israeli conflict is so ironic.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
February 18th, 2006 at 10:59pm
I'm surprised Heinrich Himmler hasn't been brough into this yet.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
February 19th, 2006 at 04:51am
Incubus:

I brought him up, but no one reads the big posts.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 19th, 2006 at 06:46am
Incubus:

he was hitlers side man and he convinced hitler that the killing of the jews and polish and many other people was the right way to go about it all.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 19th, 2006 at 07:18am
NeoSteph:
Actually no the Jewish faith and Muslim faith are both linked by the same decendants, therefore it's linked to christianity.

From Abrahams sons the two religions were born, from Isaac there was the Jewish race and from Ishmal came the Muslim race, so they both scluptered their religions around the same god.

Muslims don't believe in creating images of God and may not believe that their they were made from Gods image, but it is well known fact that they worship the same god which is why the Palestine/Israeli conflict is so ironic.

You'll never hear them admit it though, will you?

Christians believe theirs is the only true religion, Muslims probably believe the same so I'm probably right in assuming Jews believe this, too.

Thy might have started out from the same 'Parent' if you like, but they are all different 'Siblings'. Differing Gods, differing faiths, differing opinions.

Members of these faiths will rarely believe themselves to be 'sharing' Gods; it would be too idealist to even think this. It would be lovely, of course, a united faith for Muslims, Christians and Jews. But each of their supreme deities differ, and have their own uniquie qualities, which would make this impossible.
Register