Holocaust: Who is Responsible?

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 1st, 2006 at 12:16pm
Magne:
well i will stand up and say that after looking into it i know i would have voted for him.

I would have, too.

The people were just looking for the best solution, they didn't know the full extent of what Hitler and the Nazi party would go on to do.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
March 1st, 2006 at 02:18pm
Bloodraine:
Magne:
well i will stand up and say that after looking into it i know i would have voted for him.

I would have, too.

The people were just looking for the best solution, they didn't know the full extent of what Hitler and the Nazi party would go on to do.

i think they knew what was happening but obviously coudnt do anything about it and now they after the fact are covering they're own butts so to speak.
Toastboy
Jackass
Toastboy
March 1st, 2006 at 02:39pm
Magne:
*~Tre is mah homeboy!~*:
i dont really know a whole lot about the Holocaust, but i think that Hitler and his...um...commrades i suppose were partially, if not all to blame. but Anti-Semitism has been going on for as long as Jews exsisted, frm Ancient Egypt when they were forced to slavery, to the Middle Sges when they were burned and blamed for the Black Death, to the Holocaust in the 2nd World War. And Anti-Semitism will be here for years to come, and altough theres been no acts of extreme hatred towards Jews since the Holocaust, and i doubt there ever will be again, since such i doubt such extremists will be alowwed to do things like that, but at the end of the day, as much as i hate to admit it , i think Jews are the race and reigion most discriminated against. And its not fair

thats what i said.
sorry i didnt see ur post
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 2nd, 2006 at 03:23am
*~Tre is mah homeboy!~*:
Magne:
*~Tre is mah homeboy!~*:
i dont really know a whole lot about the Holocaust, but i think that Hitler and his...um...commrades i suppose were partially, if not all to blame. but Anti-Semitism has been going on for as long as Jews exsisted, frm Ancient Egypt when they were forced to slavery, to the Middle Sges when they were burned and blamed for the Black Death, to the Holocaust in the 2nd World War. And Anti-Semitism will be here for years to come, and altough theres been no acts of extreme hatred towards Jews since the Holocaust, and i doubt there ever will be again, since such i doubt such extremists will be alowwed to do things like that, but at the end of the day, as much as i hate to admit it , i think Jews are the race and reigion most discriminated against. And its not fair

thats what i said.
sorry i didnt see ur post

thats ok i thought it was great to see soemone actually agree with me. Razz
chump
Falling In Love With The Board
chump
March 2nd, 2006 at 09:49am
Incubus:
1. Residents of towns near concentration camps who knew about them but did nothing to stop them What could they do? They couldn't just free hundreds of people or even help them without putting themselves in danger

but there were people who put themselves in danger -.-
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 2nd, 2006 at 10:09am
chump:
Incubus:
1. Residents of towns near concentration camps who knew about them but did nothing to stop them What could they do? They couldn't just free hundreds of people or even help them without putting themselves in danger

not to the extent that we are led to belive.
chump
chump
March 2nd, 2006 at 10:16am
Magne:
chump:

there are enough examples
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 2nd, 2006 at 10:20am
chump:
Magne:
chump:

there are enough examples

more people followed hitler than went against him they woulod've been to scared to do anything else. He promised a rose garden but delivered a shit heap.
chump
chump
March 2nd, 2006 at 10:25am
Magne:
more people followed hitler than went against him they woulod've been to scared to do anything else.

i just said that not everyone followed him.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 2nd, 2006 at 10:26am
chump:
Magne:
more people followed hitler than went against him they woulod've been to scared to do anything else.

i just said that not everyone followed him.

sorry i really am in a mood today.
chump
chump
March 2nd, 2006 at 10:27am
Magne:
sorry i really am in a mood today.

...ok
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 2nd, 2006 at 06:47pm
Bloodraine:
Magne:

I would have, too.

thats partly so, however to say most people didn't know what was going on is a little absurd. The reality is, they didn't vote in Hitler because they wanted to or because he was the best option. the truth is he was the only option.

Hitler rounded up and imprisoned all communist parties, thats half of the opposition, it then started a pressure campaign against the rest. S.S stationed at polling booths and would stand behind you and watch you make you decision. High ranking officials of towns were bribed to inflict Nazi propaganda on the townsfolk.

Yes Hitler increased job oppurtunities but only on a short term basis, infact the majority of the population was still in debt until the inditement of the jews.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 2nd, 2006 at 06:52pm
Bloodraine:
billie_not_billy:
every one who voted for hitler. sorry random old people of that area.

If you were alive at the time, believe you me, you would have voted for Hitler.

His promises were ideal for the time, he came in at the right time, he gave the people what they needed.

He created jobs in construction and industry which transformed Germany into a great nation and also cured the country's major unemployment issues in the process. He gave the people a scapegoat for WW1. He gave them a drastic solution.

If you were there, you would have done it too. Hitler was offering a cure for the country, the people took the medicine. They were just bystanders, really.

Germany hasn't been a great nation since before world war one. Germany owed billions in reperation to France now from both wars. Having to take out increased loans from America. It didn't help that as soon as Hitler was out of power communism took over the country and ripped the economy to shreads.

When hitler supposedly cured unemployment, 2/3 of the population were still out of work.

Also what drastic solution are you reffering to, because i can't narrow it downand divulge?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 3rd, 2006 at 01:47pm
NeoSteph:
Germany hasn't been a great nation since before world war one. Germany owed billions in reperation to France now from both wars. Having to take out increased loans from America. It didn't help that as soon as Hitler was out of power communism took over the country and ripped the economy to shreads.

When hitler supposedly cured unemployment, 2/3 of the population were still out of work.

Also what drastic solution are you reffering to, because i can't narrow it downand divulge?

Hmm...I was obviously taught a different version of history to you. All I was taught is that Hitler opened up a lot of jobs in construction and industry (short term solutions, maybe so). I was taught that he made the German people feel some sort of pride again. The nation in general was pretty downbeat after the war, and he made some of that right. The bolded sentance...I didn't understand. I don't believe I was speaking of pre-WW1 years in any part of my post.

Drastic Solutuion?. The actions of the Nazi party in general were pretty drastic, wern't they?. I meant in general. Or maybe that's just mis-interpretetaion of the truth on my part.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 3rd, 2006 at 01:51pm
NeoSteph:
Bloodraine:
Magne:

I would have, too.

thats partly so, however to say most people didn't know what was going on is a little absurd. The reality is, they didn't vote in Hitler because they wanted to or because he was the best option. the truth is he was the only option.

Hitler rounded up and imprisoned all communist parties, thats half of the opposition, it then started a pressure campaign against the rest. S.S stationed at polling booths and would stand behind you and watch you make you decision. High ranking officials of towns were bribed to inflict Nazi propaganda on the townsfolk.

Yes Hitler increased job oppurtunities but only on a short term basis, infact the majority of the population was still in debt until the inditement of the jews.

I'm not saying they didn't know what was going on at the time. I'm saying they had no prior knowledge that was going to happen. None of them could see the future, no?.

That aside, the entire point I was making is that the civillian German people were in no way responsible for the Holocaust. It would appear that you agree with me.

It still lingers on today. I'm sick and tired of Germans being called 'Nazis' and getting blamed for the actions of years ago. It still goes on, and living in the past is not the solution.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 4th, 2006 at 01:06am
Bloodraine:
NeoSteph:
Bloodraine:
Magne:

I would have, too.

I'm not saying they didn't know what was going on at the time. I'm saying they had no prior knowledge that was going to happen. None of them could see the future, no?.

That aside, the entire point I was making is that the civillian German people were in no way responsible for the Holocaust. It would appear that you agree with me.

It still lingers on today. I'm sick and tired of Germans being called 'Nazis' and getting blamed for the actions of years ago. It still goes on, and living in the past is not the solution.

I agree with civilian germans not being blamed for the holocaust, although they did feel animosity towards the jews. I disagree that your implying that a large amount of the population voted for hitler because they agreed with his policies (normal policies not lets kill everyone policies), when thats not really true it was more because of the fear factor and no other option.

(sorry if my grammar and spelling is bad, this keyboard is messed up and i have limited time to correct)
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 4th, 2006 at 01:12am
Bloodraine:
NeoSteph:

Hmm...I was obviously taught a different version of history to you. All I was taught is that Hitler opened up a lot of jobs in construction and industry (short term solutions, maybe so). I was taught that he made the German people feel some sort of pride again. The nation in general was pretty downbeat after the war, and he made some of that right. The bolded sentance...I didn't understand. I don't believe I was speaking of pre-WW1 years in any part of my post.

Drastic Solutuion?. The actions of the Nazi party in general were pretty drastic, wern't they?. I meant in general. Or maybe that's just mis-interpretetaion of the truth on my part.

When you said ''made germany a great nation again'' well that is untrue because germany was still in debt, one of the many reasons Hitler went to war was because it gave them an excuse not to pay reperations.

Unemployment was still very high, if you look at figures the only jobs created were industrial and they were made partly because of the plans to go to war, so it was only short term. After the war ended unemplyment rose and communism began....again.

I agree that Hitler put some pride back into the nation but that was through lies and deceit during the war years and in the 1930's it was still rough going because of inflation from the wall street crash of 1929.

When you said Drastic Solution I didn't know if you were talking about the Final Solution: Holocaust or earlier times like the Nuremberg laws, the Hindenberg era...ect...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 4th, 2006 at 03:26pm
NeoSteph:
I agree with civilian germans not being blamed for the holocaust, although they did feel animosity towards the jews. I disagree that your implying that a large amount of the population voted for hitler because they agreed with his policies (normal policies not lets kill everyone policies), when thats not really true it was more because of the fear factor and no other option.

(sorry if my grammar and spelling is bad, this keyboard is messed up and i have limited time to correct)

You have to bear in mind I have not studied this subject in depth...a Year 9 syllabus is bound to be very basic and not what you have been taught at further education.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 5th, 2006 at 03:25am
Bloodraine:
NeoSteph:

You have to bear in mind I have not studied this subject in depth...a Year 9 syllabus is bound to be very basic and not what you have been taught at further education.

aahh yeah i did think that.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 5th, 2006 at 09:01am
NeoSteph:
aahh yeah i did think that.

Laughing

It's different for you because you study these issues in depth; I gave up history at the end of year 9 and don't study it any more. So really all my knowlege is basic, a big basic overview of how and why Hitler came into power.
Register