Jackass
spam
February 19th, 2006 at 12:30pm
spill_no_sick:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
*stoner*:
i duno what holocaust means.

correct me if i am wrong but it means = to erradicate a whole race.

Like the SS and hitler regime did with the jewish and polish people.

You've never heard of the Holocaust? Shocked

Holocaust means: (I don't get why nobody just goes to www.dictionary.com)

hol·o·caust
n.
Great destruction resulting in the extensive loss of life, especially by fire.

Holocaust The genocide of European Jews and others by the Nazis during World War II: “Israel emerged from the Holocaust and is defined in relation to that catastrophe” (Emanuel Litvinoff).
A massive slaughter: “an important document in the so-far sketchy annals of the Cambodian holocaust” (Rod Nordland).

A sacrificial offering that is consumed entirely by flames.
I had that definition remembered from heart since like the third grade!!!!!!
now I'm sad that you said it before me Sad

but yes, it got that name because they tried to destroy a lot of races

and Hitler didn't want all Christians to die, just the ones that think mass murder of all physically imperfect people was wrong

well you know, im in year 9 and have just learnt what it ment Wink
eberneezer_egghead
Falling In Love With The Board
eberneezer_egghead
February 19th, 2006 at 01:51pm
Hitler.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
February 19th, 2006 at 02:24pm
Bloodraine:
NeoSteph:
Actually no the Jewish faith and Muslim faith are both linked by the same decendants, therefore it's linked to christianity.

From Abrahams sons the two religions were born, from Isaac there was the Jewish race and from Ishmal came the Muslim race, so they both scluptered their religions around the same god.

Muslims don't believe in creating images of God and may not believe that their they were made from Gods image, but it is well known fact that they worship the same god which is why the Palestine/Israeli conflict is so ironic.

You'll never hear them admit it though, will you?

Christians believe theirs is the only true religion, Muslims probably believe the same so I'm probably right in assuming Jews believe this, too.

Thy might have started out from the same 'Parent' if you like, but they are all different 'Siblings'. Differing Gods, differing faiths, differing opinions.

Members of these faiths will rarely believe themselves to be 'sharing' Gods; it would be too idealist to even think this. It would be lovely, of course, a united faith for Muslims, Christians and Jews. But each of their supreme deities differ, and have their own uniquie qualities, which would make this impossible.

Differing faiths does not have to mean they believe there are different gods, they may. there are different ways to structure faith and thats what denominations are.

Religions unless completely out there believe in different ways of worshipping, not that the gods are particularly different. For example Muslims and Jewish people believe in the old testament, the only difference with christians is we choose to believe that Jesus brought the new testament.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 19th, 2006 at 02:34pm
NeoSteph:
Differing faiths does not have to mean they believe there are different gods, they may. there are different ways to structure faith and thats what denominations are.

Religions unless completely out there believe in different ways of worshipping, not that the gods are particularly different. For example Muslims and Jewish people believe in the old testament, the only difference with christians is we choose to believe that Jesus brought the new testament.

I can't help but think how nice it would be if Christianity, Judaism and Islam were brought together more closely. Perhaps it would go some way to resolving the rifts which exist nowadays.

It'll never happen though. Well, I doubt it will.

Ah, yes, back to the holocaust.
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
February 22nd, 2006 at 12:18pm
4 7 9 & 8. Don't really know whether to blame Hitler. He may not have known the true extent of what was happening, though he probably did.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
February 22nd, 2006 at 03:59pm
1. Residents of towns near concentration camps who knew about them but did nothing to stop them What could they do? They couldn't just free hundreds of people or even help them without putting themselves in danger
2. Minor Nazi Soldiers They were follower orders
3. Hitler Not souley Responsible but definitly has a lot of blood on his hands
4. People who voted for Hitler and the Nazi Party to revitalize their morally and economically depressed country They didn't know what would happen
5. The Jews who did not try to escape For fuck sake, if they could have escaped they would have
6. Top SS officers who designed and executed the 'Final Solution' for Hitler I think they are as much to blame as Hitler. They knew what was going on but didn't stop it, but then maybe they were scared of not following orders after the Night of the long knives...
7. Non-Jewish Europeans who turned against their Jewish friends and citizens, fearing they'd be imprisioned as Jewish sympathizers maybe they should have done more but then its easy to say that in hindsight
8.Leaders of the Allied countries who had evidence of the Holocaust but refused to get involved or voice opposition I'm not so sure about this one. I mean maybe they didn't know the scale of the Jewish murders. Plus this happened very soon after WWI people were terrorifed of another war like that after the amount of carnage so goverments were under pressure to avoid another war
9. Churches of all denominations who remained silent and refused to intevene

aaaannnnddd

10. The Jewish God How is God (who I don't believe exsists) to blame for what humans did?
Rainbows in the Dark
Idiot
Rainbows in the Dark

Blog
February 24th, 2006 at 08:35pm
Baroness Buxton:
4 7 9 & 8. Don't really know whether to blame Hitler. He may not have known the true extent of what was happening, though he probably did.

Of course he knew everything that was going on. He was the LEAD MAN. He gave orders to do all of those things. He's the one that blamed the Jews for everything. He's the one that made the orders to deploy Jews. I think it's naive to say he didn't know what was happening.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 24th, 2006 at 08:37pm
I'm So Bored With the USA:
Baroness Buxton:

Of course he knew everything that was going on. He was the LEAD MAN. He gave orders to do all of those things. He's the one that blamed the Jews for everything. He's the one that made the orders to deploy Jews. I think it's naive to say he didn't know what was happening.

no i dont think he did. He knew about some of it but not to the extent that it was happening
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
February 25th, 2006 at 12:38am
Baroness Buxton:

I think it's naive when people are completely mislead by overused history Himmler gave the orders for the deployment, at the weimer meeting that decided the Jews fate, Hitler wasn't even present.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
February 25th, 2006 at 12:40am
NeoSteph:
spill_no_sick:
4 and 3
the only ones to blame because the rest couldn't do anything (10 could but we needed to know that we couldn't trust the whole world to disarm and we couldn't put full trust in any political leader

hmmm I would have to disagree with both your choices.

The Nazi party was voted in under extreme circumstances, where the voting public were given little choice Nazism was the only option at that time. Though Hitler made his anti-semtism feelings known the full extent of that tirade was not unleashed until 3 years after the voting booth had shut, by then it was a dictatorship. In fact a percentage of Nazi supporters were Jewish, believing Hitler semite remarks were personal rather than part of the regime. Though Jews were at the fore front of persucution a further 6 million people (3 million poles) were murdered. I don't believe tha apathy and ignorance of the voting public is to blame for the Holocaust.

Though Hitler was for policies that persacuted Jews, It was th accountant power of Joesph Goebbels and the brute strength and terror of Himmler that led to the destruction of Jews. Goebbels bled the jews dry of all resources, the initial plan was to deport all Jews to Madagascar however that became impossible after the war had started.

The Wansee conference decided that fate of the jews (please note Hitler was not present) the Buraeocrats of the SS (including Heydrich and Himmler) decided that extermination of the J race was the only 'natural' road to take. Hitler gave his consent to this but the 'Final Solution' was not his doing.

Hitler had very little to do with the policies of the Nazi party, he was merely a good speaker and a figurehead, towards the end when the deportation of the ghetto's had begun, because of the losing war Hitler was in no position to argue against his own generals.

So in fact, one could argue that Hitler had as much to do with the holocaust as the people in the villages who did nothing.

*cough* at the person who thinks hitler is soley responcible *cough*
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
February 27th, 2006 at 12:51pm
NeoSteph:
Baroness Buxton:

I think it's naive when people are completely mislead by overused history Himmler gave the orders for the deployment, at the weimer meeting that decided the Jews fate, Hitler wasn't even present.

exactly.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 28th, 2006 at 06:32am
the jews were also persecuted in the middle ages by the christians becuase they thought that they were respoinsible for the plague, many jews were forced to give false confessions about poisoning water, and that is one of the things that Hitlet used to say that the jews are responsioble for. They have been persecuted throughout history, by the british, french, german and the main safe place they could go to was Poland.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 28th, 2006 at 11:38am
Magne:
the jews were also persecuted in the middle ages by the christians becuase they thought that they were respoinsible for the plague, many jews were forced to give false confessions about poisoning water, and that is one of the things that Hitlet used to say that the jews are responsioble for. They have been persecuted throughout history, by the british, french, german and the main safe place they could go to was Poland.

Jews are always discriminated against. Always have been, and probably always will be.

It's wrong, I hate it, but it's a sad fact.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 28th, 2006 at 11:43am
Bloodraine:
Magne:

Jews are always discriminated against. Always have been, and probably always will be.

It's wrong, I hate it, but it's a sad fact.

its disgusting i know
Toastboy
Jackass
Toastboy
February 28th, 2006 at 03:45pm
i dont really know a whole lot about the Holocaust, but i think that Hitler and his...um...commrades i suppose were partially, if not all to blame. but Anti-Semitism has been going on for as long as Jews exsisted, frm Ancient Egypt when they were forced to slavery, to the Middle Sges when they were burned and blamed for the Black Death, to the Holocaust in the 2nd World War. And Anti-Semitism will be here for years to come, and altough theres been no acts of extreme hatred towards Jews since the Holocaust, and i doubt there ever will be again, since such i doubt such extremists will be alowwed to do things like that, but at the end of the day, as much as i hate to admit it , i think Jews are the race and reigion most discriminated against. And its not fair
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
February 28th, 2006 at 11:17pm
every one who voted for hitler. sorry random old people of that area.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 1st, 2006 at 02:52am
*~Tre is mah homeboy!~*:
i dont really know a whole lot about the Holocaust, but i think that Hitler and his...um...commrades i suppose were partially, if not all to blame. but Anti-Semitism has been going on for as long as Jews exsisted, frm Ancient Egypt when they were forced to slavery, to the Middle Sges when they were burned and blamed for the Black Death, to the Holocaust in the 2nd World War. And Anti-Semitism will be here for years to come, and altough theres been no acts of extreme hatred towards Jews since the Holocaust, and i doubt there ever will be again, since such i doubt such extremists will be alowwed to do things like that, but at the end of the day, as much as i hate to admit it , i think Jews are the race and reigion most discriminated against. And its not fair

thats what i said.
Cemetry
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Cemetry
March 1st, 2006 at 10:44am
billie_not_billy:

I hope I'm not offending someone now ...
In my opinion, it was a little bit like voting for Bush Jr. - I'm not comparing these two - Missinformation, everyone else did it, wrong electoral system ...
I'm not in favour for blaming the voters ... Though I'm sure a lot of people actually believed the party did the right things ...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 1st, 2006 at 11:22am
billie_not_billy:

If you were alive at the time, believe you me, you would have voted for Hitler.

His promises were ideal for the time, he came in at the right time, he gave the people what they needed.

He created jobs in construction and industry which transformed Germany into a great nation and also cured the country's major unemployment issues in the process. He gave the people a scapegoat for WW1. He gave them a drastic solution.

If you were there, you would have done it too. Hitler was offering a cure for the country, the people took the medicine. They were just bystanders, really.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 1st, 2006 at 12:08pm
Bloodraine:
billie_not_billy:

If you were alive at the time, believe you me, you would have voted for Hitler.

His promises were ideal for the time, he came in at the right time, he gave the people what they needed.

He created jobs in construction and industry which transformed Germany into a great nation and also cured the country's major unemployment issues in the process. He gave the people a scapegoat for WW1. He gave them a drastic solution.

If you were there, you would have done it too. Hitler was offering a cure for the country, the people took the medicine. They were just bystanders, really.

well i will stand up and say that after looking into it i know i would have voted for him.
Register