March 25th, 2006 at 10:31am
paradoxical:
+Messiahofthe7-11+:
Bloodraine:
+Messiahofthe7-11+:
Spirit Of '77:
THE CHRISTIANS ARE TO BLAME!!!

Kinda.. yes we/they are.
In The Crusades and the Inquisition, Jewish people were killed at the hands of Christians.
there was great Anti-semitism on the part of Christians for 100's of years becuse they thought/belived that the Jews "killed Christ."
although in the Catholic Nicene Creed, which is the outline of all Christian belifes,(made in the 300's AD)
it says that Jesus "was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate; suffered, and was buried."
And they also seem(ed) to forget that Jesus was a Jew. and that the Frist Christians were Jewish.
that's why I dont go to Church much anymore.

That has little to do with the Holocaust.

Christians had nothing to do with the Holocaust.

I mean, some Christians might hate the Jews, but they damn well aren't the only ones, by a long way. Go by that logic and you could say every religion was 'kinda' to blame.

True
But Christian Anti-semitism WAS the one of the driveing forces of the Holocaust, you can't deny that.

Christians were persecuted too. Just like Poles and Czechs and Jews and Gypsies and Homosexuals and the mentally handicapped.

To cut a long story short; just about everyone who wasn't 'perfect' was exterminated. That includes Christians.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 25th, 2006 at 11:09am
Bloodraine:
+Messiahofthe7-11+:
True
But Christian Anti-semitism WAS the one of the driveing forces of the Holocaust, you can't deny that.

Why?

Because christian are the worlds biggest scape-goat.

The crusades had nothing to do with the Holocaust there seperate events. spanning 100's of years between them.

seriously reading this thread makes me worried about what you lot are being taught. Anti-semitism existed everywhere in Europe, it wasn't just christians that held hatred towards jews, it was every race and creed. In fact most of Germany and Austria were atheist at the time, which was why it was so easy for people to take on the new Nazi Ideals, which included worshipping the state not a religious icon.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 25th, 2006 at 11:15am
NeoSteph:
Bloodraine:
+Messiahofthe7-11+:
True

Why?

The crusades had nothing to do with the Holocaust there seperate events. spanning 100's of years between them.

seriously reading this thread makes me worried about what you lot are being taught. Anti-semitism existed everywhere in Europe, it wasn't just christians that held hatred towards jews, it was every race and creed. In fact most of Germany and Austria were atheist at the time, which was why it was so easy for people to take on the new Nazi Ideals, which included worshipping the state not a religious icon.

No worries, my limited knowledge of the Holocaust was taught to me by a Christian teacher in a Christian school, so it has never even been suggested to me that Christians were in any way be to blame.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 25th, 2006 at 11:26am
Bloodraine:
NeoSteph:
Bloodraine:
+Messiahofthe7-11+:
True

Why?

No worries, my limited knowledge of the Holocaust was taught to me by a Christian teacher in a Christian school, so it has never even been suggested to me that Christians were in any way be to blame.

I don't know whether to be pleased or worried.

History teacher have no place putting there opinions forward. any other subject fine, but history nah it can't be justified, they should let kids judge history for themselves.

saying that there's some people in this thread i would like to slap with my text book.
It Had to Be You.
King For A Couple Of Days
It Had to Be You.
March 25th, 2006 at 11:26am
I'm learning about the Holocaust in school...and I've learned so far that no one is to blame.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 25th, 2006 at 11:28am
NeoSteph:

History teacher have no place putting there opinions forward. any other subject fine, but history nah it can't be justified, they should let kids judge history for themselves.

saying that there's some people in this thread i would like to slap with my text book.

It wasn't the opinion of the teacher...they were only teaching from the text book. I don't suppose the teacher thought there was any point in teaching anything other than the text book, that being what they're job is.

In any case I don't think they allow that to go on here. In fact the only political opinions i've ever heard came from my Physics teacher, and he's not exactly one to go by the rules...
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 25th, 2006 at 11:56am
Bloodraine:
NeoSteph:

It wasn't the opinion of the teacher...they were only teaching from the text book. I don't suppose the teacher thought there was any point in teaching anything other than the text book, that being what they're job is.

In any case I don't think they allow that to go on here. In fact the only political opinions i've ever heard came from my Physics teacher, and he's not exactly one to go by the rules...

meh you should meet my politics teacher, the elitist pig he is. but it's all fun fun fun.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
March 25th, 2006 at 12:10pm
NeoSteph:
Bloodraine:
NeoSteph:
Bloodraine:
+Messiahofthe7-11+:
True

Why?

I have three history texts and they all say the same things or nothing on the subject. I AM worried about what I'm being taught, because I know 90% of it is propaganda and that I have to know the propaganda because of the state exam at the end of the year. Is it right that the government doesn't want to know whether or not we can analyze information in a different way? If I wrote what I really think and know on my history finals, I'd fail them.
Is it any wonder that this goes in circles? Why don't we throw out the text books and do some REAL research?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 26th, 2006 at 10:23am
did anyone watch that tele program about the halucaust and the SS last night? That pointed out wo was to blame, and it also said that anyone living in germany at the time would've voted for Hitler and his regime because he promised so much.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 26th, 2006 at 06:35pm
paradoxical:
NeoSteph:
Bloodraine:
NeoSteph:
Bloodraine:
+Messiahofthe7-11+:
True

Why?

I have three history texts and they all say the same things or nothing on the subject. I AM worried about what I'm being taught, because I know 90% of it is propaganda and that I have to know the propaganda because of the state exam at the end of the year. Is it right that the government doesn't want to know whether or not we can analyze information in a different way? If I wrote what I really think and know on my history finals, I'd fail them.
Is it any wonder that this goes in circles? Why don't we throw out the text books and do some REAL research?

actually for my GCSE's all of my Nazi Germany revision was from extra sources because i lost my text book. Most examiners are independant researchers at degree level who have just been giving a list of what you should of mentioned. I like to think that Examiners are rebellious teachers.

Most examiners WILL give you extra credit, there's no wrong answer as long as you have evidence.
whoa
whoa
April 7th, 2006 at 08:05pm
I think the people to blame are the ones who did nothing at all. The ones who were there and didn't do anything, even though they knew about it. The bystanders.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 8th, 2006 at 05:43am
whoa:
I think the people to blame are the ones who did nothing at all. The ones who were there and didn't do anything, even though they knew about it. The bystanders.

So you would have done something, would you?

No. Because you'd have been stuck in a gas chamber faster then you could have said Zyklon B.

Would you, could you, really blame them at all?. I can't find it in my heart to blame them for anything.
whoa
whoa
April 8th, 2006 at 11:07am
Bloodraine:
whoa:

No. Because you'd have been stuck in a gas chamber faster then you could have said Zyklon B.

Would you, could you, really blame them at all?. I can't find it in my heart to blame them for anything.
I think I would have tried to help them hide away and get to America or wherever, so that they could have a better life. And if I got caught, I would be willing to take the consequences. They would be my actions after all.

But then again. You are correct. How could I blame someone for something that happened when I was not around? When I will never have all of the facts? That still is my opinion however.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 5th, 2006 at 07:21pm
whoa:
Bloodraine:
whoa:

I think I would have tried to help them hide away and get to America or wherever, so that they could have a better life. And if I got caught, I would be willing to take the consequences. They would be my actions after all.

But then again. You are correct. How could I blame someone for something that happened when I was not around? When I will never have all of the facts? That still is my opinion however.

I always find it strange how people can assume that if they would be put in that position they would do the right thing - its not as simple as if you got caught helping someone they would put a bullet in you skull.

You and your family would have been sent to concentration camps where you woul dhave slowly been starved to death or you might of got 'lcuky' and caught and fast action disease and died quick.

you wouldn't of been the only one to of taking responcibility for your action your family would of definitly been punished, in some circumstance whole villages would of been destroyed because of the good will of human beings.

The people who were brave enough to help people in Nazi occupied territory should be seen as hero's, but that doesn't mean you can blame those who didn't for allowing it to happen. In war time you do anything to survive, they were looking out for their friends and family first before strangers. it is totally understandable.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 5th, 2006 at 07:36pm
All the countries who left Europe in Ruins (especially Germany) after World War one. It was just asking for a problem. It reminds me of our current situation in Iraq. everyone is saying, "oh it's over, lets get the troops home." it's far from over, you can't go into a country, destroy it looking for weapons that don't even exist and then just walk away. Thats just setting them up for being invaded by a more powerful country.
It Had to Be You.
It Had to Be You.
May 5th, 2006 at 08:37pm
Panagiotakos.<3:
I'm learning about the Holocaust in school...and I've learned so far that no one is to blame.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 5th, 2006 at 10:48pm
Panagiotakos.<3:
Panagiotakos.<3:
No one is to blame that we left Germany in such a devistated manner that someone like Hitler and The Nazi party was able to come to power and overtake Europe? You're told lots of things in school, that doesnt make them all true.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 6th, 2006 at 10:06am
I'm not listing them, but putting them into categories because it's impossible for me to put them in order.

Guilty as Charged

3. Hitler

2. Minor Nazi Soldiers
6. Top SS officers who designed and executed the 'Final Solution' for Hitler
10. The Jewish God

Leaning toward guilty, but no where near as guilty as the others

1. Residents of towns near concentration camps who knew about them but did nothing to stop them
4. People who voted for Hitler and the Nazi Party to revitalize their morally and economically depressed country
7. Non-Jewish Europeans who turned against their Jewish friends and citizens, fearing they'd be imprisioned as Jewish sympathizers
8.Leaders of the Allied countries who had evidence of the Holocaust but refused to get involved or voice opposition
9. Churches of all denominations who remained silent and refused to intevene

"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Not guilty

5. The Jews who did not try to escape
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
May 6th, 2006 at 10:55am
Number 3. Hitler. A lot of germans and others didn't know what was he doing and they worshipped him, because he was not bad with them.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 6th, 2006 at 10:56am
Different Perspective:
Number 3. Hitler. A lot of germans and others didn't know what was he doing and they worshipped him, because he was not bad with them.

But if other countries hadn't left Germany and other european countris in Ruin, he would never have had the opportunity to come to power.
Register