Feminism and a woman's place in the home.

AuthorMessage
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 11th, 2006 at 05:29pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Now that all these examples have been brought up, it kind of makes sense there is so much, alot of it we don't even think about because it's always there, we don't know what it would be like without it. And like you said, some of it we don't mind, it would be unnatural if it wasn't there almost. I think there is 2 types of sexism, offensive, and not offensive.
like in The Sandlot one of the kids yells, "you play ball like a girl" and all the kids gasp at this taboo insutl....that's just plain funny and it pokes fun at how boys at that age are so sexist....that's just how little boys and girls are, "you have cooties!"

I don't mind that type

but when it comes to the commercials by Ford, "this car deffinately isn't cute"
it's playing off of the macho man stereotype
that shouldn't be able to trick adults, but it does
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 11th, 2006 at 05:40pm
spill_no_sick:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Now that all these examples have been brought up, it kind of makes sense there is so much, alot of it we don't even think about because it's always there, we don't know what it would be like without it. And like you said, some of it we don't mind, it would be unnatural if it wasn't there almost. I think there is 2 types of sexism, offensive, and not offensive.
like in The Sandlot one of the kids yells, "you play ball like a girl" and all the kids gasp at this taboo insutl....that's just plain funny and it pokes fun at how boys at that age are so sexist....that's just how little boys and girls are, "you have cooties!"

I don't mind that type

Yeah, thats offensive sexism. You would think when people are older they would have the sense not to buy into that or produce stupid advertisements like that. Even in highschool, boys that aren't the masculine, built, athletic type get teased for being "girly" and things like that. it's one thing to poke fun at a friend or someone and tell them they throw like a girl, but when older, idiotic people get involved, it can get out of hand and turn into harrasement.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 11th, 2006 at 05:43pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
spill_no_sick:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

I don't mind that type

Yeah, thats offensive sexism. You would think when people are older they would have the sense not to buy into that or produce stupid advertisements like that. Even in highschool, boys that aren't the masculine, built, athletic type get teased for being "girly" and things like that. it's one thing to poke fun at a friend or someone and tell them they throw like a girl, but when older, idiotic people get involved, it can get out of hand and turn into harrasement.
and sexism leads to homophobia leads to ignorance
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 11th, 2006 at 05:45pm
spill_no_sick:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
spill_no_sick:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

I don't mind that type

That is one screwed up path I would not like to be lead on to.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 11th, 2006 at 05:50pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
spill_no_sick:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
spill_no_sick:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

I don't mind that type

That is one screwed up path I would not like to be lead on to.
I had to walk the oppisite way the hard way
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 11th, 2006 at 06:10pm
You know another thing thats sexist that I never really thought about, clothes. There is "boys" clothes and "Girls" clothes. Some people ignore these limitations and Crossdress, and alot of times they get alot of criticism and a harsh reply to their wardrobe if they do so, all because society has taught us that boys don't wear dresses.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 11th, 2006 at 06:15pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
You know another thing thats sexist that I never really thought about, clothes. There is "boys" clothes and "Girls" clothes. Some people ignore these limitations and Crossdress, and alot of times they get alot of criticism and a harsh reply to their wardrobe if they do so, all because society has taught us that boys don't wear dresses.
I don't think girls shoudl wear dresses
and even girls make fun of me when I say, "how come there are girls' shorts? Guys' shorts go down longer than girls' pants and guys' boxers go down lonnger than girls' shorts!"

I think the world should have a dress code made up of jeans and boxers, and thongs....no dresses, skirts, or shorty shorts
peas lover.
King For A Couple Of Days
peas lover.

Mibba
June 11th, 2006 at 06:16pm
i wear my boyfreinds jeans....and shirts sometimes....and for guys wearing girls' clothes...what if it was said thay girls shoudn't wear dresses and guys shoud?

it's all just a matter of your point of view.

therefore i agree with^^
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 11th, 2006 at 06:19pm
spill_no_sick:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
and even girls make fun of me when I say, "how come there are girls' shorts? Guys' shorts go down longer than girls' pants and guys' boxers go down lonnger than girls' shorts!"

I think the world should have a dress code made up of jeans and boxers, and thongs....no dresses, skirts, or shorty shorts
lmfao If thats what you want to wear, wear away. It's your freedom to wear what you want, and I think everyone should have that withought being insulted for it, so if a boy wanted to wear a dress, he should be able to wear the fluffyest, pinkest, sparkliest dress on the planet and no one should say anything besides, thats a nice dress on him. Thats it.
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
June 11th, 2006 at 06:19pm
spill_no_sick:
How about the Burger King commercial where the men break out into song about their hatred for "chick food" and how whatever whopper their selling is "for men"
Kitti
Kitti
June 11th, 2006 at 06:20pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
spill_no_sick:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

lmfao If thats what you want to wear, wear away. It's your freedom to wear what you want, and I think everyone should have that withought being insulted for it, so if a boy wanted to wear a dress, he should be able to wear the fluffyest, pinkest, sparkliest dress on the planet and no one should say anything besides, thats a nice dress on him. Thats it.

EDDIE IZZARD.
Wears women's clothing better than any woman I've ever met.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 11th, 2006 at 06:23pm
Kitti:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
spill_no_sick:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

EDDIE IZZARD.
Wears women's clothing better than any woman I've ever met.
Raspa marilyn Manson and Twiggy Cool They get judged for their image all the time.... they just don't care. they look better in heels then I do Very Happy
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 11th, 2006 at 06:39pm
Jesus Christ Supermarket:
spill_no_sick:
How about the Burger King commercial where the men break out into song about their hatred for "chick food" and how whatever whopper their selling is "for men"
lmfao ahh, I hate commercials.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 11th, 2006 at 06:46pm
mollybob:
spill_no_sick:
I like that commercial because it shows the schovanists eat at cheapo fatass fastfood resturaunts
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 11th, 2006 at 06:49pm
spill_no_sick:
mollybob:
spill_no_sick:
I like that commercial because it shows the schovanists eat at cheapo fatass fastfood resturaunts
I eat at fatass fastfood resturants o_o
but I dont eat at Burger King XD
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 11th, 2006 at 06:53pm
spill_no_sick:
mollybob:
spill_no_sick:
Hand Subway is awesome. They have Gerad in their commercials.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 11th, 2006 at 07:03pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
spill_no_sick:
mollybob:
spill_no_sick:
Hand Subway is awesome. They have Gerad in their commercials.
I'm actually starting to get pissed off at him....he's gettign annoying, but I did like his first commercial
whoa
whoa
June 12th, 2006 at 01:57pm
spill_no_sick:
whoa:
I really want equality of the sexes. Unfortunately there are those few who are going to make it terribly difficult, and even more unfortunate is that some of those people are in your class. Though I respect their opinion, I cannot help but resent it.
it's not "a few" people making it impossible, it's about 98% of people who have it ingrained in their mind that men are supperior

it's not just men who descriminate against women, it's women too
they some how think it's alright that they have to dress like sluts just to show off for men before they go out in public

and men think it's alright to date a girl just because she'll put out; and girls don't seem to have a problem with basic sexism

girls think it's right that they aren't allowed to play baseball when they're eight years old, they have to play "soft" ball because they're girls

98% of people are sexist, and it's just as much women as men
I never said that women couldn't be sexist against other women. And I'm sure there is more than a few sexist people, I was basing this one my own life's experiences.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 12th, 2006 at 02:02pm
i hate the shelias wheels adverts they are sexiest in the extreem
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 12th, 2006 at 02:23pm
Magne:
i hate the shelias wheels adverts they are sexiest in the extreem
I think we could probably make an endless list of sexist commercials, and I never even think about it sometimes because there is so much of it, it's everywhere.
Register