Feminism and a woman's place in the home.

AuthorMessage
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
April 15th, 2006 at 05:15pm
who ever gave men the reason to think they're better?...it's ridiculous..just look what us girls have to do, we've always fed the guys, we've always made their clothing, the only reason they are dads is cuz there were beings like females. so..they owe us big time...sinc i've given you my point...i thinkall those macho guys should give us a big apologie. all those nonmachos who have never discriminated us don't have to. a girl's place is where she thinks it is. just like a guys place is wher ehe thinks it is. equality is what i want. the good thing is...we've got equality over hereSmile
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
April 15th, 2006 at 07:23pm
makin out with an icecube:
who ever gave men the reason to think they're better?...it's ridiculous..just look what us girls have to do, we've always fed the guys, we've always made their clothing, the only reason they are dads is cuz there were beings like females. so..they owe us big time...sinc i've given you my point...i thinkall those macho guys should give us a big apologie. all those nonmachos who have never discriminated us don't have to. a girl's place is where she thinks it is. just like a guys place is wher ehe thinks it is. equality is what i want. the good thing is...we've got equality over hereSmile

I'm sorry what? I didn't understand half of that.
And as for the bits I did get:
Why should a group of men you've labelled as being macho say sorry to women? Women discriminate just as much as men.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
April 16th, 2006 at 10:49am
Incubus:

Why should a group of men you've labelled as being macho say sorry to women? Women discriminate just as much as men.

and somtimes even more so.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 16th, 2006 at 10:56am
Magne:
Incubus:

Embarassed Im constantly talking about how stupid Men are, typically it's just when I'm mad at my boyfriend...which is all the time. Rolling Eyes

I however do hold them to an equal standard, girls can do anything that boys can, none of them are superior. Alot of discrimination from women to men is over household things
How many times have you heard wives say something like "If I let my husband (insert household chore here) the world would implode, he's helpless." Or with Childcare, as long as women act like they're the only ones capable of it, they will be the ones who are assumed to handle it.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 16th, 2006 at 10:59am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
Incubus:

Embarassed Im constantly talking about how stupid Men are, typically it's just when I'm mad at my boyfriend...which is all the time. Rolling Eyes

I however do hold them to an equal standard, girls can do anything that boys can, none of them are superior. Alot of discrimination from women to men is over household things
How many times have you heard wives say something like "If I let my husband (insert household chore here) the world would implode, he's helpless." Or with Childcare, as long as women act like they're the only ones capable of it, they will be the ones who are assumed to handle it.

my husband looks after the house and kids and some of it he does better than me, i am with my house and kids all the time, its only fair that he does some of it aswell.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 6th, 2006 at 09:56am
I used to be called a femi-nazi because I basically hated men and thought they were evil, but I've mellowed quite a bit.

Personally, I just believe that it's someone's place in the home, even if it's not 24/7. I don't think both parents should work the same shift jobs and that there should always be a time in the day when everyone's home. (If you're a family with two parents.)

I know studies have shown that children bond more with their mothers, but it's also been shown that children whose fathers read to them at night will have less of a chance of becoming a J.D.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 9th, 2006 at 04:09pm
Jesus Christ Supermarket:
mollybob:
Anyone think a woman will eventually be president?
Or do you think her emotions will get in the way?
Rolling Eyes
No, i'm pretty sure it'll be her vagina that gets in the way...
but if it's a female president, then she doesn't have a dick, and if she doesn't have a dick, how will the secratary suck it?
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
June 9th, 2006 at 06:41pm
We don't choose what gender we are born into, therefore it should not choose our destiny.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 9th, 2006 at 08:44pm
spill_no_sick:
mollybob:
Rolling Eyes
but if it's a female president, then she doesn't have a dick, and if she doesn't have a dick, how will the secratary suck it?
She'll get a male secratary o_o
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 9th, 2006 at 09:02pm
mollybob:
spill_no_sick:
mollybob:
Rolling Eyes
She'll get a male secratary o_o
but then he'll have to lick carpet.....you know men are too good to have to please the other without first pleasing themselves....damn it's like in the Bible or something
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 9th, 2006 at 09:39pm
WillkommenZumPolizeistaat:
We don't choose what gender we are born into, therefore it should not choose our destiny.
Well it's pretty safe to say that if you are born a Male, being pregnant isn't in your destiny.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 9th, 2006 at 10:09pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Well it's pretty safe to say that if you are born a Male, being pregnant isn't in your destiny.
"you girls have it easy, you can have all the sex you want and you don't have to worry about getting anyone pregnant" - Kelso, That 70s Show

sorry, I just love that line
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 9th, 2006 at 10:30pm
spill_no_sick:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
"you girls have it easy, you can have all the sex you want and you don't have to worry about getting anyone pregnant" - Kelso, That 70s Show

If everyone based their life on the ideas of Michael Kelso, the wolrd would be a much simpler place. Cool
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 9th, 2006 at 10:38pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
spill_no_sick:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

If everyone based their life on the ideas of Michael Kelso, the wolrd would be a much simpler place. Cool
yeah, we might just accidentally kill this topic
whoa
whoa
June 10th, 2006 at 06:53pm
I really want equality of the sexes. Unfortunately there are those few who are going to make it terribly difficult, and even more unfortunate is that some of those people are in your class. Though I respect their opinion, I cannot help but resent it.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 11th, 2006 at 02:32pm
whoa:
I really want equality of the sexes. Unfortunately there are those few who are going to make it terribly difficult, and even more unfortunate is that some of those people are in your class. Though I respect their opinion, I cannot help but resent it.
it's not "a few" people making it impossible, it's about 98% of people who have it ingrained in their mind that men are supperior

it's not just men who descriminate against women, it's women too
they some how think it's alright that they have to dress like sluts just to show off for men before they go out in public

and men think it's alright to date a girl just because she'll put out; and girls don't seem to have a problem with basic sexism

girls think it's right that they aren't allowed to play baseball when they're eight years old, they have to play "soft" ball because they're girls

98% of people are sexist, and it's just as much women as men
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 11th, 2006 at 02:41pm
spill_no_sick:
whoa:
it's not "a few" people making it impossible, it's about 98% of people who have it ingrained in their mind that men are supperior

they some how think it's alright that they have to dress like sluts just to show off for men before they go out in public

and men think it's alright to date a girl just because she'll put out; and girls don't seem to have a problem with basic sexism

girls think it's right that they aren't allowed to play baseball when they're eight years old, they have to play "soft" ball because they're girls

I can't play baseball or softball because I would end up killing myself, what does that make me?

You have a really good point there. Certain things are sexist that people live with everyday and don't even think about because they have become accustomed to them and think they are now the right way to do things. Like seperate bathrooms for men and women, that is seperation of genders. Alot of people don't consider that, but truely, that is where it all starts. Children are exposed to it constantly, so it becomes their views as well.
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
June 11th, 2006 at 03:11pm
Yeah, i played softball as a kid.
And still, when we're split up into groups and they want to make them even they split them up with an even amount of boys on either team.
Which is ridiculous because there are some majorly athletic girls in my class but they still think that gender will make it unfair.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 11th, 2006 at 05:07pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
spill_no_sick:
whoa:

I can't play baseball or softball because I would end up killing myself, what does that make me?

You have a really good point there. Certain things are sexist that people live with everyday and don't even think about because they have become accustomed to them and think they are now the right way to do things. Like seperate bathrooms for men and women, that is seperation of genders. Alot of people don't consider that, but truely, that is where it all starts. Children are exposed to it constantly, so it becomes their views as well.

so I was playing Super Mario RPG today and I realized something.....it has the perfect example of hidden sexism

so there's the classic, "damsel in distress" storyline....which I didn't mind too much because it wouldn't make Mario quite as awesome
but even when Peach is on Mario's side she's treated like an object to look at
they didn't make her very strong
and her weapons are, "slap" in which she can gain a few more points if she uses a "white slap glove", "group hug" (that disgusted me that she has to hug the boys in the group to heal them....come on!)
oh yeah, and her only armor is a dress

and that's a Super Nintendo game.....about twenty year old system, ten year old game....yeah

the games now are worse, have you seen those breast physics in basic teen games?
I'm not even talking about Rumble Roses, there's always a girl who falls madly in love with the hero and her shorts are short and her boobs are big and her boobs are bouncy

those are just video games, it goes way beyond that
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 11th, 2006 at 05:17pm
Now that all these examples have been brought up, it kind of makes sense there is so much, alot of it we don't even think about because it's always there, we don't know what it would be like without it. And like you said, some of it we don't mind, it would be unnatural if it wasn't there almost. I think there is 2 types of sexism, offensive, and not offensive.
Register