Feminism and a woman's place in the home.

AuthorMessage
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
January 1st, 2006 at 06:49pm
Now, lets stay on topic people. Smile
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 06:56pm
Slappy:
Bloodraine:
Slappy:
Q:Why did the woman cross the road?

A: I dont know, but who the hell let her out of the kitchen?

stfu N00b. Oh, how long I've waited to say that to someone.

I am not a "n00b" I have been here longer than you, and i had many more posts than i do now, but they all got deleted. Also, i dont spend as much time in the threads anymore.

You are one of those chicks who dont shave their armpits arent you?

I'm rolling my eyes so damn hard they got stuck in the back of my skull.

Seriously, its people like you who have such outdated views on women who disgust me. Yes, feminism, when taken too far is worse than sexism. But there would be little need for feminism if people would, God forbid, take a step out of the dark ages and treat women as their equals. Of course, it could be worse. Compare the treatement of women now to those of, say, 100 years ago and the difference is astonishing.

We have come a long way in a short time, and although we aren't quite there yet, it will come in time. It is to be expected that men are still treated as the dominaint sex, and I doubt that will change for a long time.

Oh, and next time you want to debate something, You would do well not to make inciting comments as to the state of your opponents armpits.

(That last comment was not intended to be funny Wink )
Slappy
Geek
Slappy
January 1st, 2006 at 07:03pm
Bloodraine:
Slappy:
Bloodraine:
Slappy:

I am not a "n00b" I have been here longer than you, and i had many more posts than i do now, but they all got deleted. Also, i dont spend as much time in the threads anymore.

Seriously, its people like you who have such outdated views on women who disgust me. Yes, feminism, when taken too far is worse than sexism. But there would be little need for feminism if people would, God forbid, take a step out of the dark ages and treat women as their equals. Of course, it could be worse. Compare the treatement of women now to those of, say, 100 years ago and the difference is astonishing.

We have come a long way in a short time, and although we aren't quite there yet, it will come in time. It is to be expected that men are still treated as the dominaint sex, and I doubt that will change for a long time.

Oh, and next time you want to debate something, You would do well not to make inciting comments as to the state of your opponents armpits.

How do you know how i treat women? You dont. You can assume because of a little joke i made, but jokes are no reason to pass judgement. There are all sorts of people on here who make racists jokes. Does that neccisarily make them racist? No. It may not be the most polite thing to do, but still no rock hard evidence on their stance of racism.

I do not feel woman shouldnt be treated equally. I dont think they belong in the kitchen or whatever. I believe they should make the same wages as men. That doesnt mean that the jokes considering women or feminism arent funny to me.

Want to hear a joke? Womans rights.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 07:05pm
Slappy:
Bloodraine:
Slappy:
Bloodraine:
Slappy:

How do you know how i treat women? You dont. You can assume because of a little joke i made, but jokes are no reason to pass judgement. There are all sorts of people on here who make racists jokes. Does that neccisarily make them racist? No. It may not be the most polite thing to do, but still no rock hard evidence on their stance of racism.

I do not feel woman shouldnt be treated equally. I dont think they belong in the kitchen or whatever. I believe they should make the same wages as men. That doesnt mean that the jokes considering women or feminism arent funny to me.

Assumptions are powerful things, son.

How about that nice little one you made about my Armpits eh?

Laughing
Slappy
Geek
Slappy
January 1st, 2006 at 07:09pm
Bloodraine:
Slappy:
Bloodraine:
Slappy:
Bloodraine:
Slappy:

Assumptions are powerful things, son.

How about that nice little one you made about my Armpits eh?

Laughing

You know i was being sarcastic, dont you? Because once again, shit like that is funny to me.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 07:12pm
Slappy:
You know i was being sarcastic, dont you? Because once again, shit like that is funny to me.

You know, some people would think 'Specific Discussion' would be a place for seriousness...
Slappy
Geek
Slappy
January 1st, 2006 at 07:13pm
Bloodraine:
Slappy:

You know, some people would think 'Specific Discussion' would be a place for seriousness...

Who's to say that? The discussion could be about anything.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 07:15pm
Slappy:
Bloodraine:
Slappy:

Who's to say that? The discussion could be about anything.

Tell that to the mods.

Ahem

Back to our Discussion of Feminism and a womans place in the home.
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
January 1st, 2006 at 07:29pm
*ahem* As I said...
What about a womans place in the home? What do you think are mens expectations of women nowadays?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 07:49pm
+_Pledged_+:
*ahem* As I said...
What about a womans place in the home? What do you think are mens expectations of women nowadays?

I dont think there is such thing as a place in the home, men and women are capable of the same things in that aspect, its whatever that particular family situatuion needs. Cool
TheFaggot
King For A Couple Of Days
TheFaggot
January 1st, 2006 at 08:03pm
I think that we should talk more about the MANS place in the house... And the MANS place anywhere, really...
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
January 1st, 2006 at 08:03pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
+_Pledged_+:
*ahem* As I said...

I dont think there is such thing as a place in the home, men and women are capable of the same things in that aspect, its whatever that particular family situatuion needs. Cool

So you don't think men look upon women to cook and clean? And for men to go out to work? The men i know sure think that Confused
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
January 1st, 2006 at 08:04pm
I don't really think it's the seventies version of sexism (cooking, cleaning, etc.)
I think our modern version is worse (slutty clothes, being a slut, anything to do with being a slutty slave to men)

men disgust me, and about nintey-five percent of them are all for the slutty look
TheFaggot
TheFaggot
January 1st, 2006 at 08:06pm
spill_no_sick:
I don't really think it's the seventies version of sexism (cooking, cleaning, etc.)
I think our modern version is worse (slutty clothes, being a slut, anything to do with being a slutty slave to men)

men disgust me, and about nintey-five percent of them are all for the slutty look
Yeah, exactly- Times change, and the feminists in the 70's may have done a lot when it comes to the male/female roles when it comes to WORK- what we have to fight now is the sexism..
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 1st, 2006 at 08:08pm
spill_no_sick:

That's true. Women are often perceived as sex slaves these days. And if you're ugly - that just means you'll get paid less.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 08:19pm
+_Pledged_+:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
+_Pledged_+:
*ahem* As I said...

So you don't think men look upon women to cook and clean? And for men to go out to work? The men i know sure think that Confused

Let me re phrase that, there shouldnt be those views, yes, there still is, but it shouldnt be there.
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
January 1st, 2006 at 08:45pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
+_Pledged_+:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
+_Pledged_+:
*ahem* As I said...

Let me re phrase that, there shouldnt be those views, yes, there still is, but it shouldnt be there.

Ah I see, in which case I agree with you Smile
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 08:48pm
+_Pledged_+:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
+_Pledged_+:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
+_Pledged_+:
*ahem* As I said...

Ah I see, in which case I agree with you Smile

I was vauge on that, sorry Laughing
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
January 2nd, 2006 at 01:19am
Feminism definitely still exists, but no matter what men believe, I think women are beginning to fight feminism and challenging feminism beliefs by doing... well, non-feminist stuff, and it seems men are beginning to accept it.
On the other hand, I do agree with spill_no_sick, but then, so many woman promote that image it's not funny. I'm not blaming them, I don't know their situations, but it doesn't help the rest of us.
I don't believe in it myself. I mean, heck, I can't cook, I'd have to marry a guy who can/will for me. And if he tries to tell me what my place is, what I should be doing, I'll bruise his balls.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 2nd, 2006 at 01:32am
Pretty Like Drugs:
Feminism definitely still exists, but no matter what men believe, I think women are beginning to fight feminism and challenging feminism beliefs by doing... well, non-feminist stuff, and it seems men are beginning to accept it.
On the other hand, I do agree with spill_no_sick, but then, so many woman promote that image it's not funny. I'm not blaming them, I don't know their situations, but it doesn't help the rest of us.
I don't believe in it myself. I mean, heck, I can't cook, I'd have to marry a guy who can/will for me. And if he tries to tell me what my place is, what I should be doing, I'll bruise his balls.

I would never put myself in a relationship like that in the first place.
Register