Feminism and a woman's place in the home.

AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
June 12th, 2006 at 04:02pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
i hate the shelias wheels adverts they are sexiest in the extreem
I think we could probably make an endless list of sexist commercials, and I never even think about it sometimes because there is so much of it, it's everywhere.

yeah on both sides.
rolypoly_punk
Idiot
rolypoly_punk
June 13th, 2006 at 10:04am
well to me women's rights are overrated sometimes. when a woman, for example broke with an abusive bf or something, the whole world doesn't have to know.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2006 at 12:06pm
basketcase123:
well to me women's rights are overrated sometimes. when a woman, for example broke with an abusive bf or something, the whole world doesn't have to know.
Yet again, another sexist view. Why couldn't a woman be the abusive one in a relationship? Not that it's a good thing, but why? Because women are viewed as fragile and sensative. Women have the same rights as men, so they are not "overrated" as you said. if you're trying to say women get special treatment, it;s only fair to bring up instances where men do as well. The only reason a big deal is made out of abusive relationships is because of the stereotypical views of society, so really the only person you have to blame is yourself.
rolypoly_punk
Idiot
rolypoly_punk
June 13th, 2006 at 02:51pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
basketcase123:
Yet again, another sexist view. Why couldn't a woman be the abusive one in a relationship? Not that it's a good thing, but why? Because women are viewed as fragile and sensative. Women have the same rights as men, so they are not "overrated" as you said. if you're trying to say women get special treatment, it;s only fair to bring up instances where men do as well. The only reason a big deal is made out of abusive relationships is because of the stereotypical views of society, so really the only person you have to blame is yourself.

ok yeah i know they should have the same rights as a man, but it seems their starting to get treatted better now because everyone is starting to get all concerned for them. the men can get hurt (not only physically but emotionally) in the relationship as well
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
June 14th, 2006 at 02:44am
Its pathetic that this kind of thing still goes on. in my old school, the girls weren't allowed to play contact rugby coz we might get hurt, but the boys got to. same with football/soccer. we had to play stuff like netball, which is really tame and boring. also, i have heard cases of a man and a woman going for the same job, with the same qualifications, and the woman being refused, despite probably being better than the guy, because she is a woman. and there are still more men than women in higher authoratative positions in businesses. whats the difference between males and females? oh and for the record, we are not weaker, i would know
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 09:39am
basketcase123:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
basketcase123:

ok yeah i know they should have the same rights as a man, but it seems their starting to get treatted better now because everyone is starting to get all concerned for them. the men can get hurt (not only physically but emotionally) in the relationship as well
Why couldnt a man get hurt physically? Yet again, more stupid stereotypes. Women are not treated better than men, if anything they still are not seen equally. Women are typically assumed by idiots to be better at rearing children and things of that nature, but why should we let those people effect our views. Men can raise Children just as good as a Woman.
rolypoly_punk
Idiot
rolypoly_punk
June 14th, 2006 at 12:35pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
basketcase123:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
basketcase123:

Why couldnt a man get hurt physically? Yet again, more stupid stereotypes. Women are not treated better than men, if anything they still are not seen equally. Women are typically assumed by idiots to be better at rearing children and things of that nature, but why should we let those people effect our views. Men can raise Children just as good as a Woman.

ok i agree with both of you. case closed for us. ^_^
jessiUHsaurusXO
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
jessiUHsaurusXO
February 7th, 2007 at 10:05pm
well. if the woman choose to be the non dominant one in there relationship. that really isnt to blame on the whole "femenism" i mean if the woman is smart enough she will just get up and leave if she doesnt like the way her husband/boyfriend is treating her. im sorry but it all depends on what the woman thinks in the siutation of a man being an macho ASS HOLE! lol
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
February 8th, 2007 at 02:25am
It annoys me that some women wouldn't think twice about hitting a bloke, but if a bloke even so much as raises a hand they're shouting about it from the rooftops and going to the police and everything, whereas if the bloke went to the police he'd get laughed at.

If you want equality you take ALL equality, you can't pick and choose. Ideally, no one would hit anyone, but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

My stayed at home and looked after me when I was a toddler while my mum went out to work. Just thought I'd add that in as a bit of a tidbit, cos my dad was a house husband in the early nineties and NO ONE did that.

But my mum had a better paid job so why the hell not?
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
February 8th, 2007 at 02:37am
That's true. Here, a woman can slap a guy on the street for whistling at her, and everyone will gather around and yell at the guy for eve-teasing and she techinically has the right to file a complaint with the cops. But what if a bunch of girls see a cute guy and giggle and wave? Nothing. He doesn't have the right to get angry? Dood. And if he slaps her for making an unsavory comment, then he gets in trouble. Well, I wouldn't make unsavory comments anyway. Not too interested in getting slapped.

And a woman should be with her children. For at least the first four to seven years after the child or born, both the parents should make efforts to be home as much as possible.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
February 8th, 2007 at 04:08am
Why should a woman be with her children? It's not like she's abandoning them by going to work.

My dad did a brilliant job taking care of me and raising me, and my mum still helped to raise me because she was home in the evenings and at weekends. Why should a father not be with his children?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 8th, 2007 at 09:30am
lyrical_mess:

And a woman should be with her children. For at least the first four to seven years after the child or born, both the parents should make efforts to be home as much as possible.

So, if a woman chooses to have kids, she should just put her career on hold while the father gets to do whatever he wants? No, thats just silly. A father is just as capable of raising a kid as a mother is. Whats your logic behind that statement?
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
February 8th, 2007 at 10:27am
Kurtni:
lyrical_mess:

So, if a woman chooses to have kids, she should just put her career on hold while the father gets to do whatever he wants? No, thats just silly. A father is just as capable of raising a kid as a mother is. Whats your logic behind that statement?

Notice I said "both the parents". See, a lot of my friends keep going on about how that if they have kids, they're going to go shopping and whatnot and let the dad change diapers. K, fine, I'd want to do that too. But here's the thing. What if the dad doesn't want to? I mean, duh, few people want to change diapers, but what if the dad just kind of ignores the baby (bad father) and watches TV or has to run out because of an emergency at the office?

And what if the mom does the same thing if she has a job? I think that if you're going to have children, you're gonna have to cut a few hours a week off office-time. I know I would. But at the same time, I kind of don't want to be put in that position. I sense that my argument is not making sense.

My mother has like, three degrees and a masters in Computer Science. Why didn't she get a job? Because there wasn't anyone to pick me and my brother up from school. My dad wanted her to get a job because he knew she'd be great at it. She said she would when we got to high school. We're both in high school. He graduates next year. She still doesn't have a job and she keeps giving my dad excuses as to why she can't work in his company. I think she just kind of gave up her chances after my brother was born. She couldn't write the exam to pass her History Masters thingy cuz she was pregnant. I dunno. I don't want to be that.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 8th, 2007 at 03:09pm
lyrical_mess:
Kurtni:
lyrical_mess:

Notice I said "both the parents". See, a lot of my friends keep going on about how that if they have kids, they're going to go shopping and whatnot and let the dad change diapers. K, fine, I'd want to do that too. But here's the thing. What if the dad doesn't want to? I mean, duh, few people want to change diapers, but what if the dad just kind of ignores the baby (bad father) and watches TV or has to run out because of an emergency at the office?

And what if the mom does the same thing if she has a job? I think that if you're going to have children, you're gonna have to cut a few hours a week off office-time. I know I would. But at the same time, I kind of don't want to be put in that position. I sense that my argument is not making sense.

My mother has like, three degrees and a masters in Computer Science. Why didn't she get a job? Because there wasn't anyone to pick me and my brother up from school. My dad wanted her to get a job because he knew she'd be great at it. She said she would when we got to high school. We're both in high school. He graduates next year. She still doesn't have a job and she keeps giving my dad excuses as to why she can't work in his company. I think she just kind of gave up her chances after my brother was born. She couldn't write the exam to pass her History Masters thingy cuz she was pregnant. I dunno. I don't want to be that.

somtimes getting people to get your children from school, child minders etc etc is hard, and i agree some men wont want to change nappys, but i wish i could work, i am not however giving excuses to anyone about why i wont go to work, i want to but cant.

my husband works all day and i clean and cook, not because its my place but because, he has been out all day, and its not fair to expect him to cook and clean when he gets back in, in the evenign
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
February 8th, 2007 at 03:25pm
Once, in my religion class, the priest said that if a women doesnt wish to have children and if she doesnt make it her main "assigment" in life then she isnt worth the respect. Men think that a women`s only job on this planet is to gave birth to children, stay at home and raise them and care of the house and their whole family. I think the reason for this is that men are maybe frightened of a powerful and intelligent women who could make more money then them and make them feel less important and big.

But women not being treated right, I dont think its only because males treat us bad its because some females follow the stereotype. If a girl has relationships with more boys then she is a slut? Nah, but some girls do act like sluts. Living your job because you find it important to please your husband and only worry about kids and the household? Nah, but some women will do that. Getting abused from your husband/boyfriend, but you dont live him cause you still love him no matter what? Terrible, but again, some women will do it.

I should say not some, but a lot of women.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
February 8th, 2007 at 04:22pm
this kid Alex at school, was going on some feminist rant as i was leaving for the bus Rolling Eyes
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 8th, 2007 at 09:16pm
lyrical_mess:

Well, sorry, not everyone wants to take care of kids, but if you have them you have that responsability. If you didn't, you'd be in jail for child neglect. I would seriously hope kids are more important than some emergency at the office. Why are you phrasing is like the dads job is more important than the mothers? Thats just silly.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 9th, 2007 at 11:57am
Technically, men are useless. Women can reproduce without men. So, we are superior to them if you consider future of human kind in the hands of men versus women kinda way.

It's annoying with all these fiminist ideas going around that most family friends always pick on my mother for being the stereotypical house mother doing house work, taking care of my sister and I while my dad is at work. To be perfectly honest, my mother's not smart enough to be the working one in the family. Her education simply sucked.

There's this joke amongst our family friends about how everytime we go to Phuket and order crab, my mum picks the meat off the shells for my dad to eat not at all taking into consideration her own need to eat. So what that she cares that much about my dad eating crab, it only proves he's that much helpless that he can't simply seperate the crab meat from the crab shells and out the legs.

Mothers automatically share a natural unconditional love for their children without even trying, so they're just the obvious choise to stay at home, tending to the kids. And the whole 'men hunt, women nest' idea is true as well. It's not sexist, it's just truthful. My mum may never get a Doctorate of Philosophy, but that doesn't mean she's degrading the whole female emancipation movement. She's just traditional that's all.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
February 17th, 2007 at 07:13am
People are always saying that women can do whatever they want. Sometimes, they want to raise their children without any other distractions. People don't respect that as much as they should. But if someone's capable or passionate about something, no matter who they are or what it is, they should pursue it. If they care enough, then they will be able to balance home and work.

I doubt it'll be easy, but it happens. And is it true that most divorce cases are attributed to both people working?
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
February 18th, 2007 at 06:24pm
anti-christ of suburbia:
also, i have heard cases of a man and a woman going for the same job, with the same qualifications, and the woman being refused, despite probably being better than the guy, because she is a woman.

But all businesses think of is profit, and hiring the woman may cause problems in the future. What if she wants kids? They'd have to pay extra money to get someone to take her place for a while, whilst still paying her.

Still think it's wrong though.
Register