Feminism and a woman's place in the home.

AuthorMessage
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
January 2nd, 2006 at 01:16pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
walbot:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
walbot:
But can that be classed as sexism? As my english teacher last year said, "Sex sells," The adverts can't be classed as sexism, because it isn't exacty discrimination, is it?

what? reword that....

What I'm trying to say is, thees companies use sex to sell their products, because guys will think that it makes them seem more attractive to women, but i disagree with anybody saying that they are "sexist" adverts.

Yes, and its used in the opposite effect too, they use men in the same way

those tools Cool

And they're being paid for it, so they daont care who they influence along the way.
VF Lover!
King For A Couple Of Days
VF Lover!
January 2nd, 2006 at 01:37pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
walbot:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
walbot:
But can that be classed as sexism? As my english teacher last year said, "Sex sells," The adverts can't be classed as sexism, because it isn't exacty discrimination, is it?

what? reword that....

What I'm trying to say is, thees companies use sex to sell their products, because guys will think that it makes them seem more attractive to women, but i disagree with anybody saying that they are "sexist" adverts.

those tools Cool

*agrees*
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
January 2nd, 2006 at 02:17pm
Immortally Jaded:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
walbot:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
walbot:

what? reword that....

those tools Cool

*agrees*

And it's everywhere
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
January 4th, 2006 at 11:34am
+_Pledged_+:
Immortally Jaded:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
walbot:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
walbot:

what? reword that....

those tools Cool

*agrees*

And it's everywhere

Not in my house my partner takes his turn in cooking, cleaning, looking after the kids, and he will even iron and he has allways done that, so if anyone is out there saying well you must've changed him i didnt he has allways been lovely. Whistle
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 6th, 2006 at 01:25pm
I'm not big on womens rights, I'd much prefer equal rights. Sure woman are discriminated against but so are men.
Woman can dress like men and nothings said about about it, but when men dress like woman they can ge thet shit ripped out of them.
How is that fair?
Look, there will always be men who think a woman's place is at home, and there are woman who feel the same because of how they've been bought up, but what's important is that woman no longer have to stay at home and can go out and be educated and get jobs and ect.
Sure sexisim still exsists but at least now woman have choices where as hundred years ago they didn't.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 6th, 2006 at 02:08pm
Incubus:
I'm not big on womens rights, I'd much prefer equal rights. Sure woman are discriminated against but so are men.
Woman can dress like men and nothings said about about it, but when men dress like woman they can ge thet shit ripped out of them.
How is that fair?
Look, there will always be men who think a woman's place is at home, and there are woman who feel the same because of how they've been bought up, but what's important is that woman no longer have to stay at home and can go out and be educated and get jobs and ect.
Sure sexisim still exsists but at least now woman have choices where as hundred years ago they didn't.

But in comparison to women, men recieve very little discrimination...Women are still seen as easier targets than men.

And not all women have choices still. Look at countries in the middle east or Africa...It just isn't in their culture to educate women and girls do not go to school.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 6th, 2006 at 05:43pm
Bloodraine:
Incubus:
How is that fair?

But in comparison to women, men recieve very little discrimination...Women are still seen as easier targets than men.

I don't think that's necessarily true, there's a lot of discrimination against men who want to do jobs that are seen as women's work, like if a man wants to be a nanny people assume he's gay, and some people would be suspicious of him and think he was soon sort of paedophile where as if a woman works at a job that's traditionally seen as man's job, its not half as bad for her.

Bloodraine:
And not all women have choices still. Look at countries in the middle east or Africa...It just isn't in their culture to educate women and girls do not go to school.

I meant in western society woman have a choice (I probably should I made that clearer).
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 6th, 2006 at 05:53pm
Plus, if a pupil gets upset and a female teacher puts her arm around then then no-one flicks an eyeball. But if a man teacher had put his arm around them then...well, you fill in the blanks.
Exactly.
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
January 6th, 2006 at 06:00pm
tre_cool_is_god:
+_Pledged_+:
Immortally Jaded:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
walbot:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
walbot:

what? reword that....

those tools Cool

*agrees*

And it's everywhere

Not in my house my partner takes his turn in cooking, cleaning, looking after the kids, and he will even iron and he has allways done that, so if anyone is out there saying well you must've changed him i didnt he has allways been lovely. Whistle

awww xD But I mean the advertising and shnizzle.
fender
Geek
fender
January 7th, 2006 at 11:57am
the majority of men in todays world do still think that the woman's place is in the home to cook, to look after the children and to pleasure them. even if they didnt the majority of the world's achievers and famous peole are mostly men because women have not been out of the home and in a position to achieve long enough to get hold of the riens. many of todays women are supressed and confined to their homes. its tragic, though women are alot more liberated, my mum is a feminist and she studied feminsim in college.
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
January 7th, 2006 at 12:34pm
fender:
the majority of men in todays world do still think that the woman's place is in the home to cook, to look after the children and to pleasure them. even if they didnt the majority of the world's achievers and famous peole are mostly men because women have not been out of the home and in a position to achieve long enough to get hold of the riens. many of todays women are supressed and confined to their homes. its tragic, though women are alot more liberated, my mum is a feminist and she studied feminsim in college.

I wouldn't say the majority of famous people are men...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 7th, 2006 at 12:53pm
Incubus:
Bloodraine:
Incubus:
How is that fair?

I don't think that's necessarily true, there's a lot of discrimination against men who want to do jobs that are seen as women's work, like if a man wants to be a nanny people assume he's gay, and some people would be suspicious of him and think he was soon sort of paedophile where as if a woman works at a job that's traditionally seen as man's job, its not half as bad for her.

That works both ways too, though.

How many female plummers, electricians, engineers, architects, builders do you know? If a woman wants to go for one of those jobs, most employers would ridicule her.
fender
Geek
fender
January 7th, 2006 at 01:39pm
+_Pledged_+:
fender:

I wouldn't say the majority of famous people are men...

i dont mean fame as in like musicaly or acting, i mean it as in the development of the world and the grand theorists, if you look at the history of the development, Ienstine(theory of relativity), Marx (social theory), freud (psychotherapy theory), Sir Isaac Newton (gravity) all of whom are men, this is because during these times women were bound to the home to cook clean and bare children! that was what i was trying to say just a little unclearly!
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 7th, 2006 at 01:46pm
"Every succesful man has a good woman behind him" Retard lmfao lmfao
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 7th, 2006 at 01:49pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:

Or

"Behind every successful man there Is a woman... rolling her eyes"
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
January 7th, 2006 at 01:55pm
in some circles it does exist. but i disagree that men are brainwashed. im male. it doesnt mean i disrespect the opposite sex. but what im trying to say is i have no particular point here.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 7th, 2006 at 02:20pm
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

Or

Oh, pffft to you!
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 7th, 2006 at 02:22pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

Or

Oh, pffft to you!

Well the message is still the same... Cool
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
January 7th, 2006 at 02:49pm
actualy men have absolutely NO RIGHT to believe that lol...becuz' 1. women have one brain channel more than they have. 2. we always do the hardest stuff, we cook, clean, bare children, take care of em, cry when they grow up etc...so...if there wouldn't be any women around men would probably not strave to death, nor would they stink n me sloppy, but they wouldn't have any kids. a completely male civilization could therefore not exist...but...a female civilization could...u ask how?..well..women can clone. silly uVery Happy.so they can still have kids without men being aroundWink...ok...just don't think i'm lesbian lolVery Happy i just sayd what i thought at this moment...
†walbot†
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
†walbot†
January 7th, 2006 at 03:18pm
correct me if I'm wrong, but women DON'T always do the hardest stuff, in most western homes an equal amount of cooking and cleaning is done by males and females and as for cloning, well, i don't know enough about it to argue with that.
Register